PDA

View Full Version : Inside the NFL Canned

onbison09
02-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Don't know if anyone else noticed this or even cares but the longest running series in cable history (31 years) had its last episode after the Super Bowl. HBO didn't give a reason why and I for one am PISSED. :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: Fox and CBS are a joke, ESPN is a little better as far as breaking down the games go. But no one does highlights better than NFL Films and Harry "the voice of God" Kalas. Thanks for listening to my rant.

THEsocalledfan
02-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Doesn't completely explain it, but see:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080209/SPORTS18/80209006

It will be back as it is too good a show. I think the obvious move would be to put it on NFL network.

onbison09
02-11-2008, 08:35 PM
"We're not unique anymore." BULLCRAP!!! Nobody does highlights like NFL Films. I'm so pissed!!! F HBO!!! The only good thing on there is the sports. REAL sports and Costas now are good because they go beyond the standard story, just like INFL. To say they are not unique is like saying the Alerus Center is too small for UND football. It's just not true. I know it will be back but it won't be the same. I guess they can retire the "No Contest" slogan.

skolbrother
02-11-2008, 09:08 PM
An awesome show. It should not be cancelled and the cast seems to have truly great chemistry.