PDA

View Full Version : Summit- Jeckyl & Hyde.

lakesbison
02-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Ok.. Im giving my halfway point view of the summit bball league.

Talk about a freakin Jeckyl & Hyde league.

How do we KILL IPFW & WEST Illinois at home by 25-30, and lose to them at their place.

along with Southern Utah, those 3 games, have to go down as the WORST games I have ever witnessed, and I'm talking HS bball and the 2 Timberwolves games i've seen earlier this year (THOSE WERE ROCK BOTTOM BAD)

the officiating is a JOKE, ticky tack all the way, everything is a call and the ref's think we are paying to WATCH THEM!

Oral Robers/IUPUI and maybe Oakland are the only teams worth wasting my time on, its a shame.

So someone tell me how this is going to get better in the future!

MY GREATEST FEAR is we tread through this boring ass league with 2-3 solid games a year, and we finish 2nd or 3rd every year in the tourney and miss the NCAA's..
please say it aint so JOE!!

p.s- the attendence (league wise after NDSU/Oral Roberts) isn't even worth bitching about.

Mr. Burgundy
02-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Sounds great to me. Lakes is a fair weather fan who will attend 3 games a year. Anyone have a problem with that?

lakesbison
02-08-2008, 02:06 PM
STOP THAT RON! . . . im saying. that read my last line. . . . im AFRAID of it going that way. . . i go to most o da games . relax

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
02-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I understand what Lakes is saying.....
The fear is that you/we will become a king of mediocrcity....

With that said, ORU has improved immensely over the last years....
IUPUI is attracting great talent in spite of being in the heart of big ten country...
WIU is finally starting to do well....
Centenary is putting decent teams on the court...

This year alone the summit has bested Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Oregon, Massachusetts, and other notables.

Years ago it would been ludicrous to assume we could hand the big 12, Pac-10, A-10, Or Conference USA losses consistently across the league. There was always ONE team who could kick up dust, but I feel we are getting more competitive. Also we are better RPI-wise than

23 Northeast
24 Ivy League
25 Big Sky <------
26 Big South
27 America East
28 Atlantic Sun
29 Ohio Valley
30 Mid Eastern
31 Independents
32 Southwestern

Our league IS getting better.
It all comes down to ONE team at a time. If NDSU starts winning more, it makes us all better, if ORU continues winning, it makes us all better.

I agree with the statements about the refs, but our budget will increase as our conference gains revenue, and that revenue comes from the fan support and the teams ability to win. If you (the fan) don't show up games or harass local networks about coverage, it adds to the problem. We need to support our league, and hopefully gain better recruits from the notoriety we can get and better recruits translate into more wins which translates into more budget potentially which can get us the resources we need.

Not to bust out the cheesy lines but we (fans, athletes, alumni, coaches, local businesses and sponsors) are all in this together, and we will have to work hard. Its NOT just on the athletes, remember, these kids represent us on the court and we should represent them all for the sake of our schools.

I'll step down from my soap box now.

TheBisonator
02-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Those are good points, O-Rizzle. As long as ORU and NDSU keep getting good crowds, that may end up spilling over for other schools as well. This is basically a renovated conference, and most of the teams still have to get used to each other.

lakesbison
02-08-2008, 06:10 PM
WIU is finally starting to do well....

(I couldv'e beat them with Burgandy dropping three's) and Slick busting down low....

that might of been the worse display of bball ever last night.

THANKS O RIZZLE.

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
02-08-2008, 07:23 PM
2005-06 they won Six D-1 games, in 06-07 they won 7, and this year they have already won 10 D1 games. I am not saying they are a great team, its just mathematics, they are winning more games. Furthermore, they are not a good team but progress can get them there. A few years back they consistently got the highest rated recruiting class in Illinois but never cashed it in, it looks like they MAY come around soon if the coach starts doing his job.

TheBisonator
02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
2005-06 they won Six D-1 games, in 06-07 they won 7, and this year they have already won 10 D1 games. I am not saying they are a great team, its just mathematics, they are winning more games. Furthermore, they are not a good team but progress can get them there. A few years back they consistently got the highest rated recruiting class in Illinois but never cashed it in, it looks like they MAY come around soon if the coach starts doing his job.

WIU is definitely doing better than previous years. Now they need to find a way to get more than 500 people to their games.