PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game

roadwarrior
02-07-2008, 09:09 PM
The spring football game will be at 7pm thursday April 17th at the Fargodome.

MN_BISON
02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Well that sucks.:banghead:

bisonmike2
02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Thursday? Any chance this thing gets put on gobison.com?

BisonBabe
02-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Perfect as long as no kids activities pop up hubby and I can make it.

aces1180
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
What about the silent auction and garage sale?

bisongirl
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Guess I have to book Grandma's babysitting service for that day!

Bison"FANatic"
02-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Dang that figures I am one of the people in charge of a Delta Waterfowl fundraising banquet that night. I guess I will be counting on all of you guys and gals to report back here.

UTH
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Dang that figures I am one of the people in charge of a Delta Waterfowl fundraising banquet that night. I guess I will be counting on all of you guys and gals to report back here.

That sucks. Find a reason to reschedule, maybe? Good luck working around that one.:(

*almost had to try using a uth cardboard cutout at drill on 20 ctober, 2007:hide:

BeckerBison
02-07-2008, 11:38 PM
This really does suck. Who will come from out of town? Not me....:(

SDbison
02-08-2008, 02:34 AM
This really does suck. Who will come from out of town? Not me....:(
Who was the dumbass at NDSU that came up with this great PR move? Lets see, how do we reduce attendance and interest by half.........schedule for a Thursday!

TransAmBison
02-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Who was the dumbass at NDSU that came up with this great PR move? Lets see, how do we reduce attendance and interest by half.........schedule for a Thursday!
We are in complete agreement. Completely idiotic move.

56BISON73
02-08-2008, 02:41 AM
From what I understand there were some conflicts so the game was scheduled on Thursday. What the conflicts were I dont know. PL

Hammersmith
02-08-2008, 03:03 AM
Bon Jovi concert.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Bon Jovi concert.

hmmmm Bon Jovi or Bison football...Bon Jovi or Bison football??? do i have to ask myself the question again??? BISON FOOTBALL:banghead: :banghead:

Ferd
02-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Maybe Bon Jovi didn't want to have to get out of Roehls way to get to the microphone?

Thunder_Struck
02-08-2008, 02:21 PM
It will be interesting to see the attendance. Never know it may work out better. It's not like they were getting 10,000 people to the Saturday games. It's worth a try for one year. If it doesn't help I'm sure they make every effort to go back to Saturdays. Just hope that the ball coach can make it.

bisonmike2
02-08-2008, 02:47 PM
The solution is so simple. Have Bon-Jovi perform as the halftime entertainment of the spring game. Or cancel their spring concert and have them come back to play the tailgating lot for the home opener in the fall.

BisBison
02-08-2008, 11:02 PM
THis pretty much spoils my annual weekend trip to Fargo to take in the game. :mad: :mad:

Trim
02-09-2008, 03:24 AM
I guess I'm one of the few, but I welcome the change. I think Thursday night will be cool. Maybe the buffet for supper now instead of lunch?

sambini
02-09-2008, 04:14 AM
I can finally see a game. My daughter plays JO volleyball on saturdays.

CaBisonFan
02-09-2008, 06:07 AM

Maybe Entzion is back on staff.

TransAmBison
02-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Bite your tongue!!!!!!!!!!!! Or he'll do it for you!

99Bison
02-09-2008, 06:30 AM

At least it's in Fargo...

BisBison
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Wow that's cold.

90BISON
02-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow that's cold.

I'm sure he'd be happy to come and warm you up.;)

90BISON
02-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Bite your tongue!!!!!!!!!!!! Or he'll do it for you!

There's an image in my head I didn't need.:smh:

Tatanka
02-09-2008, 02:40 PM
http://www.familyguyquotes.com/images/chris.gif

I need an adult!!! I NEED AN ADULT!!!

Except Bob, obviously...

Gully
02-09-2008, 06:53 PM
That sucks. No spring game for me I guess.

imabison
02-09-2008, 09:09 PM
At least it's in Fargo...
But is it in Fargo? Maybe Bismarck, and on a different date??? Time will tell.

Jdubs21
02-09-2008, 09:41 PM
no matter what day its on i think we should still tailgate...haha

Tatanka
02-09-2008, 11:14 PM
You mean someone's considering NOT tailgating? :smh:

Jdubs21
02-09-2008, 11:16 PM
they'd be crazy not too lol

CarringtonBison
02-10-2008, 02:14 AM
I agree that this decision is unfortunate. I had not been able to make the spring game in the past due to conflicts, but had cleared that weekend out. Now that it is on thursday night, I cannot make it. The kiddos will be up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to late on a school night. Too bad they were really looking forward to it. Now I get to hear, "when is the next bison game" and have to answer six months :(

99Bison
02-10-2008, 03:18 AM
But is it in Fargo? Maybe Bismarck, and on a different date??? Time will tell.

Sounds like it will be.

onbison09
02-10-2008, 06:33 PM
The solution is so simple. Have Bon-Jovi perform as the halftime entertainment of the spring game. Or cancel their spring concert and have them come back to play the tailgating lot for the home opener in the fall.
I think that's a good idea. :D

onbison09
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I know the all-access people read this site b/c my bitching on the wrestling threads has led to improvements. So here goes....Please PUT THIS ON ALL ACCESS!!!:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: I agree the Thursday game does suck. Would it kill them to move it back a week so they didn't have to worry about the stupid concert?

4mcruenomore
02-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Hopefully the game is on all access

ol' ball coach
02-12-2008, 10:13 PM
The old ball coach is back from the recruiting trail, and things are looking good in North Texas. I got a chance to talk to Hollaway and DJ the other night. They wanted to know, if I was going to make it the spring game. I told them you never know where the old ball coach might show-up. I talk to DJ's dad about the game and he told me, it was on a Thursday night. It's going to be kind of hard to make it for me; but i think he's planning on being there. Traveling these last 4 weeks has been kind of hard on me. I have had over 10 canceled flights these last few weeks because of the weather. This makes me want to drive to ND; but it'll take me a week to get there and back. By April the weather should be a lot better, and maybe I can fly in and fly out with no problems. One more canceled flight might do me in.

onbison09
02-13-2008, 12:50 AM
The old ball coach is back from the recruiting trail, and things are looking good in North Texas.
Where do you live in North Texas?

BisonBabe
03-12-2008, 03:19 PM
When I scheduled my eye surgery I kept wondering what else I had going on on April 17th. For the life of my I could not remember. Then last night driving home from work I had an aha moment. Sure hope the sound system is working well as I will not be able to see much. I told Swag there was no way I was missing the game.

roadwarrior
03-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Gene said this morning that the silent auction, the sale of used gear, and the lunch/dinner would still be a part of the spring game this year.

bisongirl
03-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Gene said this morning that the silent auction, the sale of used gear, and the lunch/dinner would still be a part of the spring game this year.

Thanks for the update Road!

aces1180
03-12-2008, 03:44 PM

That's too bad for us out-of-towners, but thanks for the information.

bisongirl
03-12-2008, 05:07 PM
That's too bad for us out-of-towners, but thanks for the information.

Out of town? You are not that far out of town!

aces1180
03-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Out of town? You are not that far out of town!

Good point...It's not like I live a couple hundred miles away like others on this board. :)

90BISON
03-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Good point...It's not like I live a couple hundred miles away like others on this board. :)

Sounds like just a good excuse to close the office for a day and make a 3 day weekend out of it.:nod:

RedRiver
03-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Coach Bohl will be on 740 AM radio tommorrow afternoon during the 1:00 hour to discuss spring football practice.

lakesbison
03-19-2008, 12:17 AM
too bad its freakin DUFUS Dan Hammer on there.

god i cant wait for common man to come back and drop that blowhard.

Ferd
03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
When I scheduled my eye surgery I kept wondering what else I had going on on April 17th. For the life of my I could not remember. Then last night driving home from work I had an aha moment. Sure hope the sound system is working well as I will not be able to see much. I told Swag there was no way I was missing the game.

You might be surprised. When I had mine done (in the morning) I was out and about that afternoon. I only wore the plastic patches when sleeping so I wouldn't rub my eyes. :) :) :nod: :nod:

BisonBabe
03-19-2008, 05:06 PM
You might be surprised. When I had mine done (in the morning) I was out and about that afternoon. I only wore the plastic patches when sleeping so I wouldn't rub my eyes. :) :) :nod: :nod:

The only downside is my surgery is scheduled for 2:30 in the afternoon.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to save me a seat in the front row for better viewing :D

OldBison
03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
The only downside is my surgery is scheduled for 2:30 in the afternoon.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to save me a seat in the front row for better viewing :D

I couldn't connect with your Bisonbabes website. Too bad.

tcbison
03-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Coach Bohl will be on 740 AM radio tommorrow afternoon during the 1:00 hour to discuss spring football practice.

Coach Bohl is on right now!

tcbison
03-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Saying the Ryan Parsons is graduating this May and that is why he is leaving the team.

SlickVic
03-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Coach Bohl is on right now!

said tyler the truck offered to move back to fullback what a team player poster boy for bison football def grabbin a #40 authentic for next year

tcbison
03-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Gerry Ebel will start at left tackle but will rotate other players. On the DL look for Boyer, Johnson and Stoczynski to contribute as redshirt freshman.

mn_bison_
03-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Stated that Tyler Henry will be out for Spring Ball due to some clean-up in his knee...

OldBison
03-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Gerry Ebel will start at left tackle but will rotate other players. On the DL look for Boyer, Johnson and Stoczynski to contribute as redshirt freshman.

I heard that and was both pleased but then left wondering.

Boyer, Johnson and Stoczynski are all DE. I wonder if Danilkowicz was left out because he wasn't thinking about DTs? However, Bohl did say that it is nice to have 8 guys rotating in on the DL (4 DL X 2 deep=8), and since they hope to be playing more games this year (yes!!) they need more than the six or so players, more then they have been utilizing. No DTs mentioned, however. Oversight, or Danilkowicz not there yet?

Interesting that Ebel is, more or less, penciled in at LT. After losing the battle to Buckman last spring/fall at RT he sounds like he is the go to guy. I had heard that Backowski put on weight somewhere on this blog, but still must be behind Ebel. I hope they can push each other because the Ebel/Buckman battle last year was sure a dandy and Buckman had a great breakout season as a soph, in my opinion. That might not have happened had he not worked so hard to win the starting position.

tony
03-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Coach Bohl also gave some good reasons for not having the spring game in Bismarck: Disruption of the student's schedule and the possibility of bad weather were the ones I remember.

Hehe, I always remember the weather being fantastic in the spring back in Mandan. It only seemed to be cold, rainy, and wet elsewhere (like Minot and Fargo).

X-Factor
03-19-2008, 08:48 PM
I heard that and was both pleased but then left wondering.

Boyer, Johnson and Stoczynski are all DE. I wonder if Danilkowicz was left out because he wasn't thinking about DTs? However, Bohl did say that it is nice to have 8 guys rotating in on the DL (4 DL X 2 deep=8), and since they hope to be playing more games this year (yes!!) they need more than the six or so players, more then they have been utilizing. No DTs mentioned, however. Oversight, or Danilkowicz not there yet?

Interesting that Ebel is, more or less, penciled in at LT. After losing the battle to Buckman last spring/fall at RT he sounds like he is the go to guy. I had heard that Backowski put on weight somewhere on this blog, but still must be behind Ebel. I hope they can push each other because the Ebel/Buckman battle last year was sure a dandy and Buckman had a great breakout season as a soph, in my opinion. That might not have happened had he not worked so hard to win the starting position.

and there is Phillips as well at NG.

So the breakdown of guys that could contribute/start:

DE:

Boyer
Compton
Johnson
Lardinois
Stocynski

DT:

Danilkowicz
Gratzek
Yuen

NG:

Fairbairn
Phillips

That would be 10. We have alot more DE's on the roster too but I think those guys have to get bigger before they are going to contribute much.

OldBison
03-19-2008, 09:21 PM
and there is Phillips as well at NG.

So the breakdown of guys that could contribute/start:

DE:

Boyer
Compton
Johnson
Lardinois
Stocynski

DT:

Danilkowicz
Gratzek
Yuen

NG:

Fairbairn
Phillips

That would be 10. We have alot more DE's on the roster too but I think those guys have to get bigger before they are going to contribute much.

I hope you're right on that list.

Boyer is not that big according to the roster, only ~228, most others about that size. I think the weights have been changed to some degree, Danilkowicz was at 265, now 285. But, nonetheless, I like your list and hope you are correct. My question was simply are these other guys not in Bohl's mind as potential contributors or did he just forget to mention them? Guess we'll find out in April.

walknroehl
03-20-2008, 01:42 AM
said tyler the truck offered to move back to fullback what a team player poster boy for bison football def grabbin a #40 authentic for next year

So is Bohl going to take him up on that offer?

BisonNeil
03-20-2008, 02:27 AM
So is Bohl going to take him up on that offer?

My impression of the discussion Bohl and Hammer had was no. Bohl was simply giving an example of what a great team player Roehl is.

rutlandbison
03-20-2008, 03:36 AM
One thing im really excited to watch is the battle between Matt Voigtlander and D.J. McNorton in the RB position. I was just wondering what your guys' fealings about this are?

AEBison1998
03-20-2008, 03:55 AM
I'm curious where Brower will play as well.

rutlandbison
03-20-2008, 04:01 AM
I'm curious where Brower will play as well.

Yes that is a good question, i heard somewhere (maybe on this board) that he was moving to linebacker? I have a question who is "SlickVik"? i mean whats his real name?

NDSU3
03-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Boyer came in at 228... as gobison.com states. You know with his offseason activity he must be quite ahead of that number.

msvjcpa
03-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Boyer came in at 228... as gobison.com states. You know with his offseason activity he must be quite ahead of that number.

I believe Boyer is in the 240s now and Johnson has cracked 260. Testing between the two at that weight was pretty similar. Johnson a little quicker and more agile than Boyer. About the same max in the weight room. Stocynski has a ways to go weight-wise but making progress. Even at a lower weight, not any quicker that Johnson or Boyer.

Caught wind that they may be looking to move either Johnson or Boyer to D-Tackle to shore up the need there.

OldBison
03-20-2008, 01:19 PM
I believe Boyer is in the 240s now and Johnson has cracked 260. Testing between the two at that weight was pretty similar. Johnson a little quicker and more agile than Boyer. About the same max in the weight room. Stocynski has a ways to go weight-wise but making progress. Even at a lower weight, not any quicker that Johnson or Boyer.

Caught wind that they may be looking to move either Johnson or Boyer to D-Tackle to shore up the need there.

I believe that Matt Gratzek's father said Bohl told him that if he wanted to play DT, he had to be a minimum of 280, Matt came in at 281. I know Brown was ~270-275. Both of those weights are a long way from 240-260. Both a little tall for most DT, coming in at 6'4". In the middle it is all about leverage and players 6'3" are considered tall, most are 6'2" or shorter. So, I doubt the talk of Johnson or Boyer moving into the middle, instead of using Yuen, Danilkowicz or Phillips is real. Besides, Lardinois is in his last year, we need to keep the string of solid LDE going.

bisonmike2
03-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Great to see some football news back in the paper.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/195523

twowheels
03-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Anyone going to practices, I would be interested in how things look.

bisongirl
03-26-2008, 08:05 PM
The spring game may be postponed or cancelled all together if our weather doesn't warm up soon, according to the Forum today. :smh: I need that spring game for my football fix to hold me over until August!

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=196086

bisonmike2
03-26-2008, 08:15 PM
The spring game may be postponed or cancelled all together if our weather doesn't warm up soon, according to the Forum today. :smh: I need that spring game for my football fix to hold me over until August!

From the article:

"The Fargodome is booked consistently in the next month and the team’s grass practice field is covered with snow."

But the anti-dome/arena people say the FFD never gets used the way it is? I'm confused.:confused:

/sorry for the threadjack but that's the first thing I though of when I read about it.

GradBison
03-26-2008, 09:55 PM

That is bad news... August is too far away...

Ferd
03-27-2008, 02:27 AM
From the article:

"The Fargodome is booked consistently in the next month and the team’s grass practice field is covered with snow."

But the anti-dome/arena people say the FFD never gets used the way it is? I'm confused.:confused:

/sorry for the threadjack but that's the first thing I though of when I read about it.

Hey if the snow is a problem we could all bring our snowblowers to the practice field. We could make it look like one of those "help your sick neighbor bring in the crop" scenes.

It wouldn't take too long to clear the field with 20- 30 snowblowers! :) :) :bow: :bow:

heymch86
03-27-2008, 03:03 AM
if a new basketball addition is built on to the Fargodome, is it possible to build an indoor football practice facility attached on? nothing big. just something to put turf on.

BigBison
03-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Hey if the snow is a problem we could all bring our snowblowers to the practice field. We could make it look like one of those "help your sick neighbor bring in the crop" scenes.

It wouldn't take too long to clear the field with 20- 30 snowblowers! :) :) :bow: :bow:

Actually, they did snow blow off two of the practice fields and it was green grass untill this last snow over easter. But theres about 3ft of snow where they didnt blow the snow off(its all drifted in). It looks kind of funny out there because theres no snow and then 3 foot high wall on the side lines. I dont know if they practied on it or not before we had this last snow fall, but the two of the fields were cleared off.

roadwarrior
03-27-2008, 04:05 AM
.....an indoor football practice facility....nothing big....

Seems like opposites to me.

heymch86
03-27-2008, 04:55 AM
no need for locker rooms, or a training room, no fancy lighting. just four walls, a roof, and turf- that is what i meant.

twowheels
03-27-2008, 11:20 AM
no need for locker rooms, or a training room, no fancy lighting. just four walls, a roof, and turf- that is what i meant.

Why not a huge circus tent, then when not used for practice, use it to tail gate during bad weather.

bison mom
03-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Wouldn't it work to just enclose Dakotah Field. You could add new turf and build like a huge machine shed. Nothing fancy just something to practice in. That is what Nebraska's practice facility is like!

Bison Dan
03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Wouldn't it work to just enclose Dakotah Field. You could add new turf and build like a huge machine shed. Nothing fancy just something to practice in. That is what Nebraska's practice facility is like!

It would be nice to make it large enough so they could play softball and run track.

Tatanka
03-27-2008, 01:17 PM
It would be nice to make it large enough so they could play softball and run track.
Yes, and make it with a retractable roof so the teams can take advantage of the occasional nice day. And put in some seats for fans to watch. And some sweet concession stands. And then some *head explodes*

Hammersmith
03-27-2008, 01:23 PM

The existing plan is for Dacotah Field to be replaced with two football practice fields running north/south. I would expect that they'd be FieldTurf(money permitting), and I have to believe that enclosing them is a long term option. I think the initial work will begin during or just after the BSA renovation, because I think they'll use Dacotah as a staging area for the BSA work. I don't think a track is that important since the BSA will have a new and improved one, but room for baseball, softball, golf, and markings for soccer would be a big help to the program. Personally, I'd rather see them put a little extra money into the building so it doesn't look like it belongs on a farm(we've been stuck with one ugly building for 30 years, why put up another just after we fix the first?), but $10-15 million for a new BB arena, $20-25 million for the BSA renovation, and another $15-20 million for an indoor practice facility sure adds up fast. And that doesn't even include the $1.5 million for volleyball, $4.5 million for softball, and $1+ million for soccer.

Donations always welcome. (http://www.ndsufoundation.com)

edit: for those that havent seen it
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Hammersmith52/Pc0250400.jpg

TransAmBison
03-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Yes, and make it with a retractable roof so the teams can take advantage of the occasional nice day. And put in some seats for fans to watch. And some sweet concession stands. And then some *head explodes*
Don't forget spots for tailgating!

tcbison
03-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Don't forget spots for tailgating!

Is the boot going to make it out for tailgating?

TransAmBison
03-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Is the boot going to make it out for tailgating?
That's the plan!!!!

stevdock
03-27-2008, 03:30 PM
The existing plan is for Dacotah Field to be replaced with two football practice fields running north/south. I would expect that they'd be FieldTurf(money permitting), and I have to believe that enclosing them is a long term option. I think the initial work will begin during or just after the BSA renovation, because I think they'll use Dacotah as a staging area for the BSA work. I don't think a track is that important since the BSA will have a new and improved one, but room for baseball, softball, golf, and markings for soccer would be a big help to the program. Personally, I'd rather see them put a little extra money into the building so it doesn't look like it belongs on a farm(we've been stuck with one ugly building for 30 years, why put up another just after we fix the first?), but $10-15 million for a new BB arena, $20-25 million for the BSA renovation, and another $15-20 million for an indoor practice facility sure adds up fast. And that doesn't even include the $1.5 million for volleyball, $4.5 million for softball, and $1+ million for soccer.

Donations always welcome. (http://www.ndsufoundation.com)

edit: for those that havent seen it
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Hammersmith52/Pc0250400.jpg

Just curious, why are we renovating the BSA with the addition to the Fargodome hosting basketball?

TheBisonator
03-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Just curious, why are we renovating the BSA with the addition to the Fargodome hosting basketball?

For the other 7 or 8 sports that will be using it.

roadwarrior
03-27-2008, 03:45 PM

Weight room, basketball practice facilities, new indoor track, new offices for sports other than football to name a few.

Green-N-Gold
03-27-2008, 04:05 PM
If the spring game does get cancelled, does that also mean the cancellation of the locker room sale as well??

Ferd
03-27-2008, 04:10 PM
The existing plan is for Dacotah Field to be replaced with two football practice fields running north/south. I would expect that they'd be FieldTurf(money permitting), and I have to believe that enclosing them is a long term option. ... stuff deleted ...

What kind of costs would there be for a bubble? Like the golf dome? :confused:

I suppose heating cost would be prohibitive.
:(

Bison Dan
03-27-2008, 04:14 PM
The BSA will still be the nerve center of Bison Sports.