PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/SDSU Recruiting Battle

watertownbison
02-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Looking at it NDSU should probably win any recruiting battle that takes place with a prospect unless they conect on a personal level better with the SDSU coaches. With signing day coming up this week who is going to have the better signing class and what players decided between these two schools? Obviously we won't know until 5 years for now who really had the better class but we can talk the talk right now...

Battle of the class of 2008....

QUARTERBACKS

NDSU = Jose Mohler - San Diego, CA
SDSU = Thomas O'Brien - Winona, MN

Advantage = SDSU. Agian this is only from watching their highlights on the internet, pictures, news paper articles, hieght weight etc. Obviously all of us bison fans have been searching high and low for Jose Mohler film and I found this on the SDSU board... It's O'Brien JUNIOR highlight film.
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/921/453680.wmv
O'Brien committed early to SDSU over "heavy" interest from the Bison. Can't imagine what his senior film looks like if this is only his junior film. I've heard he chose SDSU because of the relationship he has with the coaches and the depth chart/playing time. Wish we could've got his as well but I think Mohler will bring something special to Fargo.

LINEBACKERS
NDSU = Preston Evans - Souix Falls, SD & Greg Reid - Milwaukee, WI
SDSU = Josiah Fitssimons - Ames, IA

Advantage = NDSU. Looks like NDSU completely DOMINATES this category. I really think we are bringing in 2 studs with Evans and Reid. Unless you are an BCS school you can't complain with these 2 pickups. Can't wait to watch them in the ol' FargoDome.

RUNNING BACK

NDSU = Josh Horner - Hometown kid - Fargo South
SDSU = Tyrel Kool - Yankton, SD

Advantage = SDSU. Most people around here are saying that Kool is the best player in SD. Of course, they may be bitter since Evans chose us! ;)

WIDE RECEIVERS

NDSU = Hakeem Bourne-McFarlane - Bloomington Kennedy (MN)
SDSU = Aaron Rolin - Lee's Summit, MO

Advantage = NDSU. Heard SDSU made a push for McFarlane but it didn't work out to well for them. I have heard some great things about Rolin from Lee's Summit but McFarlane is going to be a primetime player no doubt.

Please feel free to add on and finish out the positions....

HerdBot
02-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Looking at it NDSU should probably win any recruiting battle that takes place with a prospect unless they conect on a personal level better with the SDSU coaches. With signing day coming up this week who is going to have the better signing class and what players decided between these two schools? Obviously we won't know until 5 years for now who really had the better class but we can talk the talk right now...

QUARTERBACKS

Advantage = SDSU. Agian this is only from watching their highlights on the internet, pictures, news paper articles, hieght weight etc. Obviously all of us bison fans have been searching high and low for Jose Mohler film and I found this on the SDSU board... It's O'Brien JUNIOR highlight film.
O'Brien committed early to SDSU over "heavy" interest from the Bison. Can't imagine what his senior film looks like if this is only his junior film. I've heard he chose SDSU because of the relationship he has with the coaches and the depth chart/playing time. Wish we could've got his as well but I think Mohler will bring something special to Fargo.

LINEBACKERS

Advantage = NDSU. Looks like NDSU completely DOMINATES this category. I really think we are bringing in 2 studs with Evans and Reid. Unless you are an BCS school you can't complain with these 2 pickups. Can't wait to watch them in the ol' FargoDome.

RUNNING BACK

Advantage = SDSU. Most people around here are saying that Kool is the best player in SD. Of course, they may be bitter since Evans chose us! ;)

WIDE RECEIVERS

Advantage = NDSU. Heard SDSU made a push for McFarlane but it didn't work out to well for them. I have heard some great things about Rolin from Lee's Summit but McFarlane is going to be a primetime player no doubt.

We're winning in most area's but SDSU is gaining. We've got 3 players on the Kare 11 All Minnesota team. We're competing with D1-A schools.

Kool, also a hometown kid, is good but I have to give the edge to Horner. Why? North Dakota straight up dominates South Dakota football teams. I remember when Fargo South destroyed the South Dakota State Football Champions something like 40-0. Horner was the Gatorade player of the year and the best in ND is better than the best in SD.

I would initially give SDSU the edge on QB but it's tough to say because the styles are so different. We run a West Coast offense, which stresses the importance of having a mobile QB who can throw while running.

bisonmike2
02-02-2008, 06:54 PM
That's seems like a fair assessment. I think the big question mark is QB. Obrien's video is impressive and he makes some really nice throws. Nobody knows much about Jose yet but it's almost certain he played against better competition. In the end it doesn't matter who got the best recruits What matters is what they do with them when the get to school.

lakesbison
02-02-2008, 07:26 PM
YEA.. WINONA VS SAN DIEGO... OK.

PASS THE CRACK PIPE BUNNY TURD!

give me a BREAK!!

watertownbison
02-02-2008, 08:11 PM
lakesbison

that's the worst point you could ever make. i am a bison fan...no doubt about it. i'd like to give the edge to jose. it just seems like o'brien is the better recruit. where you are from has absolutely NOTHING to do with how good you are. yes, you may have more opportunities to get better or you may have better coaches -- and obviously he is playing great competiton... the fact he is from san diego proves NOTHING.

tjbison
02-02-2008, 08:19 PM

QUARTERBACKS

LINEBACKERS

RUNNING BACK

WIDE RECEIVERS

Early in the year Preston Evans was said to be the best player in SD also then he did something no SDSU fan will ever forgive him for :D , thats also comparing apples to oranges in the RB's, Horner WAS the best player in ND no questions asked, just my opinion so I say advantage Equal on that one!!

BlueBisonRock
02-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Thomas O’Brien, (6’3” 200lbs) played for Winona Cotter with a student enrollment of 341 in grades 9-12. Cotter finished 4-2 in the Hiawatha League, 5-3 in the regular season, and 6-4 overall. The Hiawatha league includes Stewartville (NDSU alum Kasey Morlock) and Cannon Falls (NDSU Alumni Nate Safe). They earned a slot in the 2006 MN AA state playoffs (there are five 11 man classes and one nine man class in MN) but were eliminated by Luverne in the quarterfinals. Cotter was eliminated in the second round of AA Section I play by Dover Eyota in 2007. Two of their three regular season losses were by 2 and 1 point.

O’Brien set school records in his senior year passing for 2677 yards with 169 completions in 299 attempts and 32 touchdowns while giving up 12 interceptions in 2007. He had 10 rushes for -36 yards. He was named honorable mention all state (AA) and all conference in 2007.

Jose Mohler (6’1” 185 lbs) played for La Costa Canyon High School in Carlsbad CA with a student enrollment of 2,656 in grades 9-12. The Mavericks tied for the Palomar League championship with a 4-0 record, 6-3 in the regular season, and 7-4 overall. The Mavericks were eliminated in the second round of the 2997 Division II San Diego Section CIF bowl playoff by Oceanside. The Mavericks were 9-3 in 2006.

Mohler led the Mavericks in rushing with 517 yards in 129 attempts and scoring with 50 points. He passed for 1376 yards with 94 completions in 169 attempts. He ran for 8 touchdowns and a two point conversion. He threw for 13 scores while being intercepted 5 times. I was not able to find the post season individual awards for Jose.

Thoughts: Comparing these two is currently apples to oranges.
O’Brien is a pure passing QB. He had an outstanding career for Cotter. Mohler ‘does it all’. He runs. He throws. He led his team by rushing, scoring, and passing the ball. (I was surprised to find that he was the leading rusher and scorer for his team.) Both players had a similar completion percentage (55 to 57%). However, they have two completely different styles today.

O’Brien played against MN class A, AA, and AAA competition. His largest competitor had an enrollment size of about 540. La Costa Canyon had a school enrollment of 2,656 and played for a medium size California school. For comparison, there are six class AAAAA schools larger than La Costa Canyon in the state of Minnesota ranging from Minnetonka with 2,698 students to Wayzata and Eden Prairie with 3050 and 3100 students respectively. Mohler played against tougher competition. (BTW – I am a small town boy and do note that school size does not make the man. However it is an indicator of day in and day out competition strength).

Both were noted in various articles as having a lot of fortitude.

In the end, both of these players have a lot to offer their future colleges. However it is way too early to declare one as a better catch than the other as there are too many differences to truly evaluate. A comparison will need to wait for at least two years with the final judgment taking place in five years.

lakesbison
02-02-2008, 09:01 PM
are you kidding me? i got my post removed.... cuz I said

WINONA vs SAN DIEGO... .. are you KIDDING ME??

seriously folks, if we cant have back and forth banter.. whats the point.

BlueBisonRock
02-02-2008, 09:03 PM

I still see it. Post number four.

BTW: O'Brien can be short changed if one looks only at school size. Mohler can be short changed if one only looks at the stat line and does not consider competition.

Have a great day.

56BISON73
02-02-2008, 10:17 PM

UMmmmmm
Lakes your post #4 is still there. PL

SDSUJack3031
02-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Both were noted in various articles as having a lot of fortitude.

In the end, both of these players have a lot to offer their future colleges. However it is way too early to declare one as a better catch than the other as there are too many differences to truly evaluate. A comparison will need to wait for at least two years with the final judgment taking place in five years.

Great point! You can't assess this at all and only time will tell if either of these QBs are going to be any good! Maybe they'll both be a flop!

X-Factor
02-03-2008, 01:49 AM

QUARTERBACKS

LINEBACKERS

RUNNING BACK

WIDE RECEIVERS

I'm not really familiar with SDSU's class so I wont comment on that but NDSU does win the majority of head to head battles provided both teams offer. It seems we have been recruiting different athletes in general though.

NDSU's class is wicked sick on the defensive side and that is exactly where we will need a lot of help after next season. Will be fun to watch all these guys develop. I think we have a heck of a class so far especially considering our scholarship limitations this year.

As far as Josh Horner, does anyone else wonder if he might be moved to DB? Even though he is a natural RB he is also fighting a heck of a depth chart with McNorton and Voitlander in the class ahead of him. Then you have blincoe and Paschall that are going to be around for a few more years. I just hate to see talent like that sitting on the bench

tjbison
02-03-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm not really familiar with SDSU's class so I wont comment on that but NDSU does win the majority of head to head battles provided both teams offer. It seems we have been recruiting different athletes in general though.

NDSU's class is wicked sick on the defensive side and that is exactly where we will need a lot of help after next season. Will be fun to watch all these guys develop. I think we have a heck of a class so far especially considering our scholarship limitations this year.

As far as Josh Horner, does anyone else wonder if he might be moved to DB? Even though he is a natural RB he is also fighting a heck of a depth chart with McNorton and Voitlander in the class ahead of him. Then you have blincoe and Paschall that are going to be around for a few more years. I just hate to see talent like that sitting on the bench

With 2 DB's also in Horners recruiting class (2 star rival players) i don't see them putting Horner on D, Redshirt this year and see where he ends up on the depth chart next season, Blincoe is fast but I think Horner with work on the weights could probably pass him being more of a power runner than Pete!!:hide:

DIBISON
02-03-2008, 04:09 AM

I doubt it. Josh said he was recruited as a RB, gunner on special teams, and return man on special teams. I think that will keep him busy until he is an upperclassman when the carries will be there for him at RB.

imabison
02-03-2008, 04:23 AM

Maybe a bit to much of the good stuff. The post is there.

CaBisonFan
02-03-2008, 04:27 AM

QUARTERBACKS

LINEBACKERS

RUNNING BACK

WIDE RECEIVERS

On the Mohler film it shows a quarterback that is savy to NDSU's style of offense. He looked like a more athletic version of Steve Walker. I don't mean better, but probably has more of the physical. But, with Mertens here for two years I would think that pulling a blue-chip athlete to Bison country would be difficult. Next year will be another year to grab a blue-chipper to add to the list.

Also, Mohler has been playing college-level football eleven months of the year for the past 3 or 4 years. Eleven-month football in SoCal with college talent at every position on the field. If Mertens were to get hurt, Mohler could probably play right away. I'll take Mohler over the SDSU recruit based upon his familiarity with the offense, experience against superior talent, and what appears to be outstanding athleticism.

SDSU has a lot of catching up to do. The loss at SDSU wasn't reflective of the talent level of the Bison. We were just a very 'giving' team that day...and injured. As long as we have a strong coaching staff, NDSU will always have the advantage in recruiting.

If you took a span of three years of recruiting classes you'd see an advantage for NDSU in almost every area. When a blue-chipper knows that you're loaded in a certain area they'll typically choose to go elsewhere. We're first in line when there is an opening.

I could see Reid at defensive end/linebacker rover type...a dominant force that can take over games.

In my eyes, he's the catch of the 2008 class. He could be 'extremely' special.

When was the last time that one of the South Dakota universities claimed a blue-chip football player from the state of North Dakota? I can't think of one. Maybe there is one that I don't know about.

We pull several up our way.

Good post, and information. These are just my opinions. You could be right on the mark.

They still haven't forgotten Chad Stark in Brookings.

AZJack
02-03-2008, 11:55 PM
UND verbal Chris Tracy of West Lyon, IA has changed his mind and is going to sign with the Jacks. UNI and NDSU were also after him, looks like NDSU doesn't win all the recruiting battles. By the way, Riley Reiff is the best player in South Dakata and he's changed verbals a couple times between Nebrask and Iowa. If either one of the SU's would of landed him that would have been a really big get.

Mr. Burgundy
02-04-2008, 12:32 AM
big difference between offering a scholarship and being "after someone." But, great first post and welcome to Bisonville.

This just in....we typically don't try to get into recruiting battles against Nebraska and Iowa...especially for that kid. Obviously if he would have went to NDSU or SDSU that would have been amazing. We get our in state kids!

AZJack
02-04-2008, 12:45 AM
I've been lurking on this board for over 3 years, so don't act like it's big deal to have a first post that states fact. I wasn't the poster that stated Preston Evans was the best player in the state of SD, I was just pointing out who most FBS programs thought the best player in the state.
I realize nobody but Bison fans know anything about football, but I'm getting tired of the injury problems as the reason they got beat in Brookings. Bison fans like to stir it up so I was going to give it a try myself. Thanks for the welcome by the way.

tjbison
02-04-2008, 01:18 AM
I've been lurking on this board for over 3 years, so don't act like it's big deal to have a first post that states fact. I wasn't the poster that stated Preston Evans was the best player in the state of SD, I was just pointing out who most FBS programs thought the best player in the state.
I realize nobody but Bison fans know anything about football, but I'm getting tired of the injury problems as the reason they got beat in Brookings. Bison fans like to stir it up so I was going to give it a try myself. Thanks for the welcome by the way.

WOW take a drink and relax BREATH, BREATH! :p I was the one that stated Preston was the best player, and that is because all the Jack fans that I know as I travel to Brookings and Sioux Falls often where heard discussing him until he verbaled to NDSU, then the RB from yankton was Better than Preston according to the same people, so that is why I stated it thats way.

AZJack
02-04-2008, 01:59 AM
It's all good. Just seems that Lakes is the only one that stirs things up anymore. I'm sure both teams will be happy with their respective classes. Hopfully both teams can be successful next season.

tjbison
02-04-2008, 02:15 AM
It's all good. Just seems that Lakes is the only one that stirs things up anymore. I'm sure both teams will be happy with their respective classes. Hopfully both teams can be successful next season.

Heres to the Gateway:cheers: for the Bison and the :bunnyb: 's

Mr. Burgundy
02-04-2008, 02:24 AM
AZ....what do you think of the SDSU recruiting class?

AZJack
02-04-2008, 03:00 AM
It just got quite a bit better the last few days on the defensive side of the ball with a LB from Cali committing. Mike Lien from Valencia, CA.

Mike Lien, a linebacker from Valencia, Calif., has made a verbal commit*ment to play at South Dakota State. The 6*foot-1, 217-pound senior had 33 solo tackles and 157 assists, earning all-California Inter*scholastic Federation and all-Southern Califor*nia honors. Lien said that he also had been in contact with Washington State and San Diego State regarding becoming a walk-on.

Tyrel Kool should be solid. In his sophomore year, he was getting looks from Iowa St. and Nebraska, but didn't develop as much as many people thought he should have.

As far as the rest of the class, the 2 kids from Texas on the defensive side are supposed to bring some speed and athleticism. The lineman from Iowa will be solid as in the past. We lost out on some kids that UNI offered, but we did take two that UNI did offer. People that know far more than I have said the QB from Winona could be special.

I realize there's a big difference in getting an offer and getting looks, but it still shows some level of talent when the best FCS programs in the area (UNI, NDSU) are going pretty hard at some of your recruits.

HerdBot
02-04-2008, 03:34 AM
It just got quite a bit better the last few days on the defensive side of the ball with a LB from Cali committing. Mike Lien from Valencia, CA.

Tyrel Kool should be solid. In his sophomore year, he was getting looks from Iowa St. and Nebraska, but didn't develop as much as many people thought he should have.

As far as the rest of the class, the 2 kids from Texas on the defensive side are supposed to bring some speed and athleticism. The lineman from Iowa will be solid as in the past. We lost out on some kids that UNI offered, but we did take two that UNI did offer. People that know far more than I have said the QB from Winona could be special.

I realize there's a big difference in getting an offer and getting looks, but it still shows some level of talent when the best FCS programs in the area (UNI, NDSU) are going pretty hard at some of your recruits.

Both schools will do well. I don't buy into all the hype about schools being interested. The players and parents think like an agent and make interest seem like an offer. In reality interest could have meant a letter sent with no scholorship ofer. I read an article about how NDSU was so hot on some player and found out we never offered him at all, just inquired and he went to a crapy Minneota State Moorhead team.

I look at the quality of the program, production, and awards like All State to give me a better idea. If your called the top wide receiver, defensive tackler, or linebacker prospect in a state as large as Minnesota you must be good. We have 3 All Kare 11 players right now.

By th ose factors NDSU is kicking some serious butt right now.

heckler
02-04-2008, 05:40 PM
WOW take a drink and relax BREATH, BREATH! :p I was the one that stated Preston was the best player, and that is because all the Jack fans that I know as I travel to Brookings and Sioux Falls often where heard discussing him until he verbaled to NDSU, then the RB from yankton was Better than Preston according to the same people, so that is why I stated it thats way.

There is an AZSIOUX on suesports ... related??

BisonNeil
02-04-2008, 07:39 PM
On the Mohler film it shows a quarterback that is savy to NDSU's style of offense. He looked like a more athletic version of Steve Walker. I don't mean better, but probably has more of the physical. But, with Mertens here for two years I would think that pulling a blue-chip athlete to Bison country would be difficult. Next year will be another year to grab a blue-chipper to add to the list.

Also, Mohler has been playing college-level football eleven months of the year for the past 3 or 4 years. Eleven-month football in SoCal with college talent at every position on the field. If Mertens were to get hurt, Mohler could probably play right away. I'll take Mohler over the SDSU recruit based upon his familiarity with the offense, experience against superior talent, and what appears to be outstanding athleticism.

SDSU has a lot of catching up to do. The loss at SDSU wasn't reflective of the talent level of the Bison. We were just a very 'giving' team that day...and injured. As long as we have a strong coaching staff, NDSU will always have the advantage in recruiting.

If you took a span of three years of recruiting classes you'd see an advantage for NDSU in almost every area. When a blue-chipper knows that you're loaded in a certain area they'll typically choose to go elsewhere. We're first in line when there is an opening.

I could see Reid at defensive end/linebacker rover type...a dominant force that can take over games.

In my eyes, he's the catch of the 2008 class. He could be 'extremely' special.

When was the last time that one of the South Dakota universities claimed a blue-chip football player from the state of North Dakota? I can't think of one. Maybe there is one that I don't know about.

We pull several up our way.

Good post, and information. These are just my opinions. You could be right on the mark.

They still haven't forgotten Chad Stark in Brookings.

I do not think SDSU has a LOT of catching up to do. They recruit solid players and I don't think anybody gets more out of his players than Stig does, they are a well coached team. They are going to get better and better. I remember when NDSU went 12 yrs in a row beating UND, lots of people said the same thing, UND has a lot of catching up to do. Guess what, we went 0 fer what?

Don't under-estimate SDSU. Besides, this smacks of the SH*@ that UND fans are saying about their recruiting class vs NDSUs. They say that it is too bad NDSU didn't play UND last year or this year (2008) because it would be the last time we would even be in the ball game. That smack, plus saying SDSU has a long way to go, is just crap that doesn't need to take up the valuable electrons that make up the internet (another example: some knot head said the Bison schedule after the Goophers was filled with weak teams and no way the Bison would lose, another knot head statement). We need to be humble and respectful without bravado.

BisonNeil
02-04-2008, 07:43 PM

Way to go AZ. I too tire of the rose colored glasses and the crap that spews from most fans keyboards.

The Bison haven't proven that they are great yet. They have won some solid games, lost others (i.e., SDSU). When we win a few national championships like Appy St. then this kind of talk would be warranted, until then, give 'em hell AZ!

tony
02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Way to go AZ. I too tire of the rose colored glasses and the crap that spews from most fans keyboards.

The Bison haven't proven that they are great yet. They have won some solid games, lost others (i.e., SDSU). When we win a few national championships like Appy St. then this kind of talk would be warranted, until then, give 'em hell AZ!

Ah, a breath of fresh air. He has a point... why enjoy NDSU football when you can be perpetually angry about it? :D

Bison Dan
02-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Ah, a breath of fresh air. He has a point... why enjoy NDSU football when you can be perpetually angry about it? :D

Fresh air - if you like smelling farts.

tony
02-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Fresh air - if you like smelling farts.

There are about 500,000 words in the English language and those are the seven you strung together to make a comeback? Hehe, come on guys, lighten up. :)

AZJack
02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm not the guy from sue sports as I've never been on that board. This rivalry is all in good fun and I'm just giving back some of the guff that SDSU has taken over the years. I like reading this board because most posters have true passion for their team. SDSU is slowly building that in the football arena, but we don't have a football history like NDSU.

UTH
02-04-2008, 09:37 PM

If people were always in agreement, what could there possibly be to discuss? This would otherwise be a mighty boring internet community and I'm sure that quite a good portion of Bisonville's population would look elsewhere for their worktime enjoyment. I know I sure would.:nod:

TransAmBison
02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
If people were always in agreement, what could there possibly be to discuss? This would otherwise be a mighty boring internet community and I'm sure that quite a good portion of Bisonville's population would look elsewhere for their worktime enjoyment. I know I sure would.:nod:
I agree. I think that is why I enjoy talking with SDBison at tailgating. We have very different views on Bison football at times, but it is a lot more interesting talking with him than it is to somebody that completely agrees. Doesn't hurt that he makes the best jag bombs in the FCS! :D Now to see how he likes his Beer Boot!

Bison bison
02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I couldn't agree more.

Gully
02-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I like smelling farts.

aces1180
02-05-2008, 12:44 AM
I like smelling farts.

Do you also drive a hybrid?

*That's a South Park reference for those of you who don't know

UTH
02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I like smelling farts.

Be careful when driving through Danmark, Mr. Gully!
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/FartKontrolcontroldanmarkdenmarkdan.jpg

*speedcontrol next 16 km

Gully
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM

I do not....I'm currently seaking out ways to maximize my carbon footprint.:D :D

Bisonguy
02-05-2008, 01:03 AM

"That isn't smog, it's smug!"

CaBisonFan
02-05-2008, 03:34 AM

Most people know that the Jacks beat the Bison because they played a great game and because the Bison were very 'giving' with the ball. Some of the turnovers were the result of the intensity of the Jacks' play.

We missed two or three guys a lot down the home stretch. Wish we could have been full strength. Certainly, it made a difference for us, but I guess that's football...isn't it?

But over-all...the Bison were outplayed. If we had taken care of the ball, we would have won. But we didn't, did we?

I've lurked on the Jackrabbit board and seen plenty of Bison smack...and...excuses for not winning other games.

We were really upset about the loss because of the great season and how it ended. The discussion has pretty much ended.

We have a real rivalry going. I won't be going to the Jackrabbit board to raise this issue or to talk about our recruits vs. the Jacks' recruits.

As I recall...several Bison fans went to the Jackrabbit board to congratulate you guys on the win. I was one of them. It's the only post that I've made there, as I recall.

CaBisonFan
02-05-2008, 03:40 AM

There's a lot of respect between the three universities. We're in each other's backyards. We are natural recruiting rivals now. The good news, for the time being, is that most FCS caliber players are looking past programs like St. Cloud, Mankato, Augustana, etc. now. Things will heat up when the 'other' 2 schools get some footing. It's gonna be interesting.

Here's my dream:

Gateway championship game in Fargo next November. Winner take all...like this past fall.

CaBisonFan
02-05-2008, 03:45 AM
UND verbal Chris Tracy of West Lyon, IA has changed his mind and is going to sign with the Jacks. UNI and NDSU were also after him, looks like NDSU doesn't win all the recruiting battles. By the way, Riley Reiff is the best player in South Dakata and he's changed verbals a couple times between Nebrask and Iowa. If either one of the SU's would of landed him that would have been a really big get.

We don't expect to win every recruiting battle with SDSU. You have a great institution, a solid program, a beautiful city, and a lot of other things going.

We'll win our share of recruits. That's all we really expect.

tony
02-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Just to be clear: when I post as "tony" I'm just speaking as myself (a Bison fan) and not trying to set board policy. I might disagree with the opinions expressed here in the most sarcastic way possible but that's who I am (a sarcastic bastard). Hehe, at this very moment, I'm fighting the compulsion to post something like "The Top 10 Things That Made BisonNeil/SDBison Angry Today" but that doesn't mean I wouldn't miss them if they packed up and left... #7 - The sun came up... oops that slipped out :)

Mr. Burgundy
02-06-2008, 12:23 AM
If you read some posts on the Jacks website....they are pretty confident that there is no difference between the two schools in recruiting and since we lost the last two times in Brookings that we can forget about having better coaches, facilities and tradition....they are equals. Fine, if that is the case, as of tomorrow....we get alot better....as this class is HEAD AND SHOULDERS better than the class going to Brookings.

There are threads on this site and their site and they are not willing to break down why they are better, they just want to say it.

Player by player...this class is significantly better than SDSU's class. This is not smack, it is just what I believe. I know there are alot of good Jack fans that watch this site. If you want to argue...post why...what players...etc. Don't just call me an "arrogant" Bison fan. I am willing to discuss.

I am going off alot of what Rivals says....they are alot better than any fan is at evaluating talent.

tony
02-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I think SDSU's classes have improved but it has more at the expense of USD (particularily in Iowa) and UND (WI and MN) rather than NDSU.

Da Bison
02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't consider us as competing with SDSU for recruits.

The game is played on the field.

jackrabbit1979
02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
If anybody is interested, Terry Vandrovec our beat writer for the Argus Leader is live blogging from the SDSU "war room" for signing day. Kind of a different perspective and fairly entertaining.

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

HerdBot
02-06-2008, 02:41 PM
If you read some posts on the Jacks website....they are pretty confident that there is no difference between the two schools in recruiting and since we lost the last two times in Brookings that we can forget about having better coaches, facilities and tradition....they are equals. Fine, if that is the case, as of tomorrow....we get alot better....as this class is HEAD AND SHOULDERS better than the class going to Brookings.

There are threads on this site and their site and they are not willing to break down why they are better, they just want to say it.

Player by player...this class is significantly better than SDSU's class. This is not smack, it is just what I believe. I know there are alot of good Jack fans that watch this site. If you want to argue...post why...what players...etc. Don't just call me an "arrogant" Bison fan. I am willing to discuss.

I am going off alot of what Rivals says....they are alot better than any fan is at evaluating talent.

I think most Jack fans are level headed. THey acknowledge they haven't beaten us at home in a long time and admit the facilities are not as good. They are getting better recruits so question a bout it. But I think it's more at the expense of UND and USD. SDSU has a lot to proud of and they are headed in the right direction. It's a different feel with the Jacks... if they make the playoffs I'll actually root for them... not againt them like UND. Oh that' right... UND CAN'T go to the playoffs. Sucks to be them.

bisonhusker
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
The "reinventing" of the Walk on program at Nebraska has CRUSHED SDSU recently. They lost Ebke, their quarterback of the future...he was a redshirt last year at SDSU and now walking on at Nebraska. Then, they had a verbal decommit yesterday to walk on in Lincoln. Rumor of another. Sounds like the two of them were the tops of their respective classes. Again, not smack....but this is hurting SDSU as alot of those kids are diehard Husker fans and are willing to walk on to play at Nebraska.

heckler
02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
The "reinventing" of the Walk on program at Nebraska has CRUSHED SDSU recently. They lost Ebke, their quarterback of the future...he was a redshirt last year at SDSU and now walking on at Nebraska. Then, they had a verbal decommit yesterday to walk on in Lincoln. Rumor of another. Sounds like the two of them were the tops of their respective classes. Again, not smack....but this is hurting SDSU as alot of those kids are diehard Husker fans and are willing to walk on to play at Nebraska.

If anyone is interested here are some links talking about it:

SDSU Forum link (http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=2990)

"The mysterious Matt Holt plans to walk-on at Nebraska. He said that backing out of his verbal commitment to SDSU was difficult because he really liked the coaches. But he grew up a Huskers fan - most of his family went to school in Lincoln - and a call from Bo Pellini last night opened the door. If you’re scoring at home (or even if you’re alone), that makes three players that were offered - or had already accepted - scholarships from SDSU to opt for the Huskers’ renewed walk-on program this semester. Don’t think that FCS coaches in this region won’t be keeping an eye on how many of the reported 65 walk-ons actually make the team at Nebraska." - The Argus Leader

Argus Leader Link (http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/)

Yahoo! News (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=uwire-walkonprogramattractsrecru&prov=uwire&type=lgns)

The Big Red Network (http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/2008/01/ebke_emblematic_of_walk_on_pro_1.html)

Husker Extra (http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/02/06/huskerextra/football/doc47aa5a2161062637137035.txt)

Bison"FANatic"
02-07-2008, 03:11 PM
65 walk ons at Nebraska holy cow. I wonder how many make the team? That is a program heading in the right direction. Lakes should be all over that as he may find his FBS transfer that he was looking for they can't all end up playing.

jackrabbit1979
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM

"Crushed SDSU". Get your facts straight before you come on here talking SDSU. Ebke was recruited as a linebacker or safety for us, he hadn't taken a snap at QB while at SDSU and might be part of the reason why he left as he apparently is walking on as a QB in Lincoln. Our QB of the future could very well be Thomas O'Brien, he just signed with SDSU yesterday, the NDSU staff is very familiar with Thomas.

We had one commitment Matt Hult (DB from Missouri) who got a call from Bo Pelini Tuesday night asking him to walk on at UNL. You were right, he was a solid recruit and could be a loss for us...you never know how these kids will turn out. He made mention that it was a tough decision for him as he loved our staff and school, just always grew up dreaming to play for the Big Red. The other recruit we lost to the walk-on program hasn't been made public, so if you know his name please share. It's quite difficult to say he was at the top of our class when most, if any of us, don't know who he was.

But you're right Bisonhusker, the way your post reads portrays a much gloomier picture for SDSU. Too bad it's not true.

bisonhusker
02-07-2008, 03:45 PM
wow, that wasn't intended at smack at all. My mistake on Ebke. I thought he was a QB for SDSU, I guess I assumed that since he is going to try to play QB at Nebraska. It isn't gloomy, you had a nice class, but losing those two kids hurts. Simple. We lost a very good kid to Northern Illinois as well. That stuff happens. But, since you are very close to Lincoln the walk on program is affecting SDSU. I guess I was trying to be informative to the board. I am a HUGE husker fan, thus my name....and am excited to have the Walk on program back in force. By the way, I have heard that the walk on program will be around 30 kids, not 65. I do not know the name of the other kid that is rumored to be going to NU. I will dig.

jackrabbit1979
02-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I didn't take it as smack, and apologize if I came off as too harsh. Just wanted to clear up some parts of your post that made the situation seem more dire to SDSU. I am sure we will lose (and already have lost) some to the walk-on program, and it will sting a little. But it's hard to say that the two or three kids we lost yesterday were going to be difference makers when they haven't step foot on campus yet. I love this recruiting stuff as much as the next guy, but I think we all know that none of it really matters for a few years when we actually get to see which of these twenty or so kids have the mental makeup and desire to make themselves better once they get to campus. That stuff really can't be measured by the folks at Rivals or Scout.com.

A couple examples from SDSU that proves the above point (I'm sure you guys have yours as well):

Kyle Sheehan: A sophmore at SDSU who originally had committed and attended Purdue. I think he was a two or three star recruit on Rivals as a D-lineman. He is a great athlete and has struggled through some injuries at SDSU the past few years, but it has been reported he is moving over to Fullback. Never really became the type of player that Rivals had listed him as on the defensive side of the ball but hopefully is still going to be a nice player in the program.

Something that was reported yesterday in the Argus Blog about the four athletes that at SDSU were awarded All-American or Academic All-American this past year:

Something to keep in mind today: Of the four SDSU seniors that earned All-American honors on the field or in the classroom, two came here as walk ons (Cory Koenig, Parker Douglass), one for $500 (Mitch Erickson) and the other at 25 percent of a full ride (Tyler Koch).

If you remember, Cory Koenig ran all around and through the Bison this last fall at Coughlin just like most of the other teams on our schedule, Parker Douglas is probably the best Kicker ever at SDSU (even better than Vinatieri), Mitch Erickson was arguably the best lineman in the Great West this last year, and Tyler Koch was a first team all GWFC selection and might have led the league in interceptions.

90BISON
02-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I didn't take it as smack, and apologize if I came off as too harsh. Just wanted to clear up some parts of your post that made the situation seem more dire to SDSU. I am sure we will lose (and already have lost) some to the walk-on program, and it will sting a little. But it's hard to say that the two or three kids we lost yesterday were going to be difference makers when they haven't step foot on campus yet. I love this recruiting stuff as much as the next guy, but I think we all know that none of it really matters for a few years when we actually get to see which of these twenty or so kids have the mental makeup and desire to make themselves better once they get to campus. That stuff really can't be measured by the folks at Rivals or Scout.com.

A couple examples from SDSU that proves the above point (I'm sure you guys have yours as well):

Kyle Sheehan: A sophmore at SDSU who originally had committed and attended Purdue. I think he was a two or three star recruit on Rivals as a D-lineman. He is a great athlete and has struggled through some injuries at SDSU the past few years, but it has been reported he is moving over to Fullback. Never really became the type of player that Rivals had listed him as on the defensive side of the ball but hopefully is still going to be a nice player in the program.

Something that was reported yesterday in the Argus Blog about the four athletes that at SDSU were awarded All-American or Academic All-American this past year:

If you remember, Cory Koenig ran all around and through the Bison this last fall at Coughlin just like most of the other teams on our schedule, Parker Douglas is probably the best Kicker ever at SDSU (even better than Vinatieri), Mitch Erickson was arguably the best lineman in the Great West this last year, and Tyler Koch was a first team all GWFC selection and might have led the league in interceptions.

You guys definitely got some bang for your buck out of those guys that you just listed.:nod:

lakesbison
02-07-2008, 07:23 PM
BUT CAN THOSE RECRUITS TEAR ASS OUTTA A MOBILE HOME @ COUGHLIN?.. thats the big question.

HerdBot
02-07-2008, 07:32 PM

That is impressive. You guys are headed in the right direction. Losing walk on's to Nebraska does kind of suck but we lost one of our better recruits to walk on to Northern Illinois.

Mr. Burgundy
02-08-2008, 03:06 AM
The third kid to walk on at Nebraska and leave SDSU is a PLAYER!!! He is really talented. Wallace from Omaha Bryan. Sounds like he will play Linebacker at Nebraska...or should I say try to play linebacker...since they have a top 25 class and added a TON of solid walk ons. Very impressive with what Bo is doing down in Lincoln. Of course if you read SDSU's board, it is "unethical" for Nebraska to ask those kids to walk on...they won't play...etc. They also say they are just going to wait for them to transfer down the road.

Sounds like a plan.

The walk on program is hurting, and will hurt the SDSU program.

extremerouge
02-08-2008, 03:55 AM
If you’re scoring at home (or even if you’re alone),

that there is funny!

NDSUFan_Sav
02-08-2008, 07:58 AM
lakesbison

that's the worst point you could ever make. i am a bison fan...no doubt about it. i'd like to give the edge to jose. it just seems like o'brien is the better recruit. where you are from has absolutely NOTHING to do with how good you are. yes, you may have more opportunities to get better or you may have better coaches -- and obviously he is playing great competiton... the fact he is from san diego proves NOTHING.

So...I've heard Jose can throw the ball 70 yards??? and that isn't good??? hell he can run the ball too....JOSE.........WELCOME TO NDSU:nod:

NDSUFan_Sav
02-08-2008, 08:20 AM
We don't expect to win every recruiting battle with SDSU. You have a great institution, a solid program, a beautiful city, and a lot of other things going.

We'll win our share of recruits. That's all we really expect.

what???? beautiful city??? I think this is the one thing i disagree with you CA....when i was there for the game, the city wasn't that great and facility needs a lot of work, outhouses for bathrooms??? what was fun though is it was outside on a cold November day...thats northern football at its best!!!

jackrabbit1979
02-08-2008, 01:28 PM
The third kid to walk on at Nebraska and leave SDSU is a PLAYER!!! He is really talented. Wallace from Omaha Bryan. Sounds like he will play Linebacker at Nebraska...or should I say try to play linebacker....

Whatever you say Burgandy. Did you even read my post yesterday, kid hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet. I'm sure since you labeled him a "PLAYER", he will be a stud. Nice.

Bison Dan
02-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Whatever you say Burgandy. Did you even read my post yesterday, kid hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet. I'm sure since you labeled him a "PLAYER", he will be a stud. Nice.

Now Now! Don't be bitter.

jackrabbit1979
02-08-2008, 01:33 PM
They also say they are just going to wait for them to transfer down the road.

Sounds like a plan.

The walk on program is hurting, and will hurt the SDSU program.

I didn't know you had a connection with the FB staff at SDSU. Or are you just using what a couple fans said on the messageboard as "the plan" for the program. Makes sense.

I'm sure our coaching staff is saying "oh jeez, good Ol' Dr. Tom came in and sweeped all our players away. Let's just wait around till they wise up."

Mr. Burgundy
02-08-2008, 01:38 PM
If Minnesota suddenly took three kids that had verballed to NDSU and got them to walk on.....you would have the "opportunity" to say that the walk on program at Minnesota is affecting NDSU's recruiting. I just don't see how that is difficult. They are very close to you, and have a CRAZY good tradition. Alot of the kids you are after grew up fans of NU. When NU calls, they listen. It is a fantastic school and has a great new staff. Again, I don't see how this is that difficult. Remember, NU had the best walk on program in the nation for years. Callahan stopped it....Bo is bringing it back, that is why it is suddenly a problem. Sorry if I am not making sense. I feel like it is common sense. You lose three very good players that are willing to pay their own way to school.

jackrabbit1979
02-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Very impressive with what Bo is doing down in Lincoln. Of course if you read SDSU's board, it is "unethical" for Nebraska to ask those kids to walk on...they won't play...etc.

Unethical is definately taking it too far. I don't think you can ever blame a kid for wanting to "walk-on" at his dream school...especially if you grew up near Nebraska as a big red fan. But inviting 60 some walk-ons to camp with a roster of 85 players already and only being able to practice appx. 90 seems a little off. That's a lot of players that don't even suit up during the week, let alone on Saturdays. Plus the fact that Bo Pelini is calling our verbal commits the night before signing day and asking them to walk on. I know once our staff sees a verbal, they back off unless the player contacts us. Our recruiting coordinator compared the practice to trying to set up a date with somebody else's wife.

jackrabbit1979
02-08-2008, 01:42 PM
If Minnesota suddenly took three kids that had verballed to NDSU and got them to walk on.....you would have the "opportunity" to say that the walk on program at Minnesota is affecting NDSU's recruiting. I just don't see how that is difficult. They are very close to you, and have a CRAZY good tradition. Alot of the kids you are after grew up fans of NU. When NU calls, they listen. It is a fantastic school and has a great new staff. Again, I don't see how this is that difficult. Remember, NU had the best walk on program in the nation for years. Callahan stopped it....Bo is bringing it back, that is why it is suddenly a problem. Sorry if I am not making sense. I feel like it is common sense. You lose three very good players that are willing to pay their own way to school.

Read my second post on the subject in this thread. I admitted that the walk on program is affecting and will sting our program some. But you can't say that "the three kids NU took were difference makers, they were players, the top kids in SDSU's class the last two years." We don't know that yet, you don't know that yet, our coaching staff doesn't even know that yet. If one of these kids goes on to start at NU in two years, and kicks our ass when we play there in 2011 then I will come back and eat my crow. Until then, its all just guessing.

Mr. Burgundy
02-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't disagree with that. I heard from a friend that went to their signing day party that they have 18 preferred walk ons, and hope to end up with 30. you are correct, alot of those kids will end up in a numbers game. I don't think we are disagreeing with this concept, it just so happens that it is located in the area you recruit heavily in....and those three kids that you had verballed were very solid student athletes. Hey, we lost a total stud last week to Northern Illinois, just because he left doesn't mean I think he will suddenly be average. I thought he was one of the better recruits we had (of course that will be determined down the road).

Jdubs21
02-08-2008, 01:49 PM
yeah i'd quit worrying about the kid that left, we dont want kids here than dont want to be, but he will realize what a mistake he made when we are holding up that national trophy and he is playing for a .500 team or less :)

Mr. Burgundy
02-10-2008, 11:32 PM
SDSU fans are melting down on their message boards about the Nebraska walk on program. I think they finally realized that it WILL affect their program in the future. Three kids already, and the walk on program was just reinstated this year by Bo down in Lincoln. It is actually pretty funny reading.

tjbison
02-11-2008, 12:25 AM
SDSU fans are melting down on their message boards about the Nebraska walk on program. I think they finally realized that it WILL affect their program in the future. Three kids already, and the walk on program was just reinstated this year by Bo down in Lincoln. It is actually pretty funny reading.

The walk-ons still have to make the team, didn't they allow up to 40-50 people to Tryout? I also think they got some of their best players thru the walk-on system?? can you say INVINCIBLE Mark Wahlberg around anywhere!

lakesbison
02-20-2008, 05:22 AM
NDSU recruits = B+

SDSU recruits = B-

thats lakesbison's take.

NorCalJack
02-20-2008, 05:59 AM

So you think SDSU is having a meltdown about losing a couple of players to NU? You should read the threads about the Bison WBB team losing three players this year. That is a meltdown.

Of course the Bison faithful want to believe that a 5 game winning streak will solve your problem. Have you looked at who you play next? I hope the Bison WBB team can get closer to the Jacks than that 35 point loss you had to endure in Brookings last year.

It is Bison week, and we are going to take down both of your teams this weekend, just like the football team did.:nod: :nod: :nod:

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

BisBison
02-20-2008, 12:30 PM
So you think SDSU is having a meltdown about losing a couple of players to NU? You should read the threads about the Bison WBB team losing three players this year. That is a meltdown.

Of course the Bison faithful want to believe that a 5 game winning streak will solve your problem. Have you looked at who you play next? I hope the Bison WBB team can get closer to the Jacks than that 35 point loss you had to endure in Brookings last year.

It is Bison week, and we are going to take down both of your teams this weekend, just like the football team did.:nod: :nod: :nod:

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

1st of all this post should be in the smack thread. And 2nd of all :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Not gonna happin'

SirHinn
02-20-2008, 01:00 PM

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

First off, Is it really a meltdown when none of those players are starters or are even playing significant minutes players? That's just more scholarships for more people who actually want to be here. Secondly, how about the SDSU men worry about not being doubled up before half first before you talk about them winning. Certainly last but not least, whats this have to do with SDSU losing recruits to Nebraska's walk on program?

X-Factor
02-20-2008, 02:54 PM
First off, Is it really a meltdown when none of those players are starters or are even playing significant minutes players? That's just more scholarships for more people who actually want to be here. Secondly, how about the SDSU men worry about not being doubled up before half first before you talk about them winning. Certainly last but not least, whats this have to do with SDSU losing recruits to Nebraska's walk on program?

Just a cover up for Burdundy's spot on analysis!

NorCalJack
02-21-2008, 12:15 AM
First off, Is it really a meltdown when none of those players are starters or are even playing significant minutes players?

That really is a question you should ask Burgundy. None of the players SDSU lost were starters and yet he thinks that constitutes a meltdown.

That's just more scholarships for more people who actually want to be here.

Well I guess I could make the same statement. Losing 3 players to NU only opens up more scholarships.

Certainly last but not least, whats this have to do with SDSU losing recruits to Nebraska's walk on program?

I just find it amusing that Bison fans can point the finger at a rival and then when the rival puts a mirror in front of the pointing Bison fan, he realizes that he is in the same situation. I mean really, we have probably 10 to 15 posts on our board about the NU walk-on program and NDSU has a 15 page thread about the WBB team losing players. Not one SDSU football player that left for NU ever stepped on the field for SDSU. And yet NDSU has a senior that quits in the middle of her final season? If I were a Bison fan I would be more concerned about my own house than someone else's house.

Oh, and it is Bison week so I can't cut you any slack this week. You are our rival and I'm just doing my part to see that it stays that way.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

Mr. Burgundy
02-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Our 3rd string center left half way through her senior year.....ok.....You had 3 kids leave that were MAJOR recruits to your program. It is your choice to look at the glass...is it half full or half empty.

You won't get any arguments from me. I am disappointed our women's team is senior driven the year before we are tourney eligible. We can't stay within 40 points of your women's team.

I spoke to your AD while golfing last year, he told me Ebke was a MAJOR recruit two years ago, and was a future stud. Congrats. He left. Now, you have two really solid recruits that leave after verballing to you. Fine, if you want to stay positive and say that you now have more schollies available after the good kids have signed, then yes...you do have more money to offer. But, you also have to look at the fact that NU took two more kids this year...and a trend has begun. Face it, you recruit in the same area that Nebraska is. I really don't see how you can argue that.

Bison fans admit very openly that we lost a very good kid to Northern Illinios after he verballed to us. I just don't see the problem looking at the situation honestly. NU's walk on program will hurt SDSU.

BisonNeil
02-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Unethical is definately taking it too far. I don't think you can ever blame a kid for wanting to "walk-on" at his dream school...especially if you grew up near Nebraska as a big red fan. But inviting 60 some walk-ons to camp with a roster of 85 players already and only being able to practice appx. 90 seems a little off. That's a lot of players that don't even suit up during the week, let alone on Saturdays. Plus the fact that Bo Pelini is calling our verbal commits the night before signing day and asking them to walk on. I know once our staff sees a verbal, they back off unless the player contacts us. Our recruiting coordinator compared the practice to trying to set up a date with somebody else's wife.

Last year I heard Bohl describe the preferred walk on program in DI. I understood it to be all of DI, not just for DIAA. From his description I understood that the NCAA limits the exact number of walk-ons as a ratio of scholarships. This means, obviously, that a DIA school with 85 scholies can have more walk on than say NDSU with 63. But, no where in Bohl's description would it be possible for 60 guys to walk onto any program. He may have invited 60, but my guess he can actually accept no more than 10-12, max.

Hammersmith
02-21-2008, 02:13 AM
Last year I heard Bohl describe the preferred walk on program in DI. I understood it to be all of DI, not just for DIAA. From his description I understood that the NCAA limits the exact number of walk-ons as a ratio of scholarships. This means, obviously, that a DIA school with 85 scholies can have more walk on than say NDSU with 63. But, no where in Bohl's description would it be possible for 60 guys to walk onto any program. He may have invited 60, but my guess he can actually accept no more than 10-12, max.
Not exactly. The NCAA limits how many students may participate in practices before the first day of classes. In the case of FBS, the number is 105; in FCS, it's 90. We all know that the scholarship limits are 85 and 63, so a fully funded FBS program can have up to 20 preferred walk-ons. Since those 63 scholarships can be divided among 85 students, a fully funded FCS program can have anywhere between 5 and 27 preferred walk-ons, depending on how the scholies are divided. Once classes begin, I don't think there are any limits on the number of walk-ons(or at least I couldn't find the rule), but your chances of making the team at a bigger school have to be pretty slim if you were unable to attend any of fall camp.

56BISON73
02-21-2008, 02:29 AM
Interesting read about walk-ons. PL

http://alabama.scout.com/2/45826.html

CaBisonFan
02-21-2008, 04:33 AM

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

If you think that this is a smack board, you're wrong. I have great respect for both NDSU & SDSU. We have a rivalry going that is healthy. With both schools developing strong programs, there will be cycles of wins, losses, weaknesses, strengths, and upsets.

Both schools, and their fans, should be proud of the fact that we were the pioneers that ventured into the unknown of Division I & the FCS. The 5-year transition has been a royal pain in the a.., but we're through it. It's a major accomplishment. Both schools came out of the Great West with a trophy, and we're entering one of the best FCS conferences in the country. After all of the criticism from our old rivals, and naysayers, I'd say that we've done pretty well in Brookings & Fargo.

I am a member of the Jackrabbit board, but I've only posted there to ask questions about TV broadcasts between the two schools and to congratulate SDSU when it's been appropriate. I did so last November. I only go there for those purposes. I would expect to read quite a bit of 'homer' threads there because it's the Jackrabbit board. You shouldn't be concerned with a 'homer' attitude on bisonville. And I 'have' read smack against NDSU on your board. But I've left it alone, knowing that most Jackrabbit fans aren't that way...and...I don't want this rivalry to get really ugly. This...after-all...is about athletics. They are called games for a reason.

Your comments do not fit into this board...and they are not appropriate. Most of the members here are keenly aware of the scores of past games. And most members here have enough 'class' not to engage in your type of smack.

I suggest that you cool it, or just go home. Take your aggression out somewhere else. Get a punching bag.

But if you want to have a real discussion, then you are welcome.

1bizon1
02-21-2008, 06:01 AM
From CaBisonFan....."I suggest that you cool it, or just go home. Take your aggression out somewhere else. Get a punching bag."

AMEN Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ndsubison1
02-26-2008, 06:23 AM

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

How's last place in the Summit treatin ya?

X-Factor
02-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Jacks have a good chance of beating Centenary at home this weekend, in which case they will probably end up second to last. Still in the cellar, but hey, at least they can claim better than someone! But it is ok cuz they are a young team!

bisonhusker
02-26-2008, 04:56 PM
You have to finish in the top 8 to get to the conf tourney....keep that in mind for next year.

lakesbison
02-26-2008, 05:25 PM
*HI FIVES HUSKER*.. brilliant!!

BisBison
02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Rep points to CaBisonFan for a very eloquent response to NorCalJack back on 2/20. :bowdown:

rutlandbison
02-26-2008, 10:24 PM
So whats the final verdict on the recruiting classes then?

SDSUJack3031
02-26-2008, 10:29 PM
You have to finish in the top 8 to get to the conf tourney....keep that in mind for next year.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.