PDA

View Full Version : Sioux Recruiting in tail spin

Bison Dan
01-31-2008, 04:20 PM
The sioux have lost 4 committed players in the last couple of weeks and has another one for sure looking elsewhere.

Jason Obarski NDSU
Mitch Hangeburg Minot State
Kyle Cavil SIU
Dan Edem NI

Chris Tracy is looking at SDSU.

aces1180
01-31-2008, 04:25 PM
The sioux have lost 4 committed players in the last couple of weeks and has another one for sure looking elsewhere.

Jason Obarski NDSU
Kyle Cavil SIU
Dan Edem NI

NI? As in Northern Illinois or Northern Iowa?

Either way, I think I would change my mind too.

MN_BISON
01-31-2008, 05:39 PM
NI? As in Northern Illinois or Northern Iowa?

Either way, I think I would change my mind too.

Northern Illinois according to SS.com

Bison"FANatic"
01-31-2008, 06:18 PM
OK I know wrong forum as it is smack, here is my one cheap shot.

They only needed to interview one person for their football coach, think they only need to interview one person for their presidency, Maybe they only need one person per recruiting class, just purging the rest! :D :D

bisonhusker
01-31-2008, 08:35 PM
The shocking one is losing the kid to Lennon after he recommited to UND and Mussman after the change. I can't imagine the Sioux faithful have to be real excited about that. Very interesting. I think they are feeling the stress/struggle of going D1. It takes time to get to the type class that Bohl is building. I just wish they would have went D1 with us, remained our biggest rival, and we would be playing in the best conference in 1AA football together. But....decisions were made.

NDSU1980
01-31-2008, 11:40 PM
OK I know wrong forum as it is smack, here is my one cheap shot.

They only needed to interview one person for their football coach, think they only need to interview one person for their presidency, Maybe they only need one person per recruiting class, just purging the rest! :D :D

Nothing ever goes right for und. Why would it change now?

Mr. Burgundy
02-01-2008, 12:24 AM
well looks like u guys stole one our recruits. thank you a lot and i thought dale was better then that to go after people that already had verballed. i guess not. he is no longer welcome in grand forks anymore. i guess thats the word around the university and town today. better have a fast car if he comes here cuz he will get chased out.

--------------------------------------------

I found that on a SIU message board when they were discussing Cavil and how he left UND and went to Lennon at SIU. Their class is really being picked apart right now. THis kid and the kid that went to Northern Illinois were solid recruits.

sambini
02-02-2008, 11:58 PM
my oh my part of being in D1..........

tjbison
02-03-2008, 03:07 AM
well looks like u guys stole one our recruits. thank you a lot and i thought dale was better then that to go after people that already had verballed. i guess not. he is no longer welcome in grand forks anymore. i guess thats the word around the university and town today. better have a fast car if he comes here cuz he will get chased out.

--------------------------------------------

I found that on a SIU message board when they were discussing Cavil and how he left UND and went to Lennon at SIU. Their class is really being picked apart right now. THis kid and the kid that went to Northern Illinois were solid recruits.

Something tells me Dale has already FORGOTTEN about Grand Forks! He's in a Much Greener pasture now.

1bizon1
02-03-2008, 03:27 AM

Jason Obarski NDSU
Kyle Cavil SIU
Dan Edem NI

Gee...that's TFB!!!!

NDSUstudent
02-03-2008, 06:47 PM

Jason Obarski NDSU
Kyle Cavil SIU
Dan Edem NI

Tracy has changed his verbal, he is now going to SDSU.

tjbison
02-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Tracy has changed his verbal, he is now going to SDSU.

WOW, UND fans have got to be PI**ED.

NDSUstudent
02-03-2008, 07:09 PM

Just think they decided against opening up their coaching job to save their great recruiting class.

tjbison
02-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Just think they decided against opening up their coaching job to save their great recruiting class.

Why wouldn't you open the job Nationally??? They could have still picked internally, but you never know who and what sort of connections they would have gained from bringing in "new blood"!! Dumb in my opinion:smh:

Mr. Burgundy
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
the rest of their class will be filled by leftovers. Just goes to show how lucky we were in our transition....or was it luck? Maybe not.

lakesbison
02-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Sun Prairie offensive lineman Matt Stieber (6-3, 275) has verbally committed to UW-Whitewater over interest from Tennessee Tech, North Dakota, Minnesota State-Mankato, Valparaiso and UW-La Crosse.

HA HA.. Im glad we aren't lumped in with those teams for recruiting battles.

He chose D3 whitewater over UND.

ha ha.. mankato, Valpo, Lacrosse, UND.. yea.. that seems right.

Hambone
02-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Sun Prairie offensive lineman Matt Stieber (6-3, 275) has verbally committed to UW-Whitewater over interest from Tennessee Tech, North Dakota, Minnesota State-Mankato, Valparaiso and UW-La Crosse.

HA HA.. Im glad we aren't lumped in with those teams for recruiting battles.

He chose D3 whitewater over UND.

ha ha.. mankato, Valpo, Lacrosse, UND.. yea.. that seems right.

To use the famous NDSU fan's line relating to any article that says someone may have potentially chosen UND over NDSU - "It only says there was interest. That doesn't mean UND offered him anything. If we would have wanted him, we'd have got him over those schools, since there's no way someone would chose them over UND." :)

I kid, of course.

Bison Dan
02-04-2008, 07:08 PM
To use the famous NDSU fan's line relating to any article that says someone may have potentially chosen UND over NDSU - "It only says there was interest. That doesn't mean UND offered him anything. If we would have wanted him, we'd have got him over those schools, since there's no way someone would chose them over UND." :)

I kid, of course.

of course.

lakesbison
02-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Wow, 4 Nd Class B Kids On Und.s Class . . . Go Get Em Tiger! ! Ha Ha. . . .Dakota Prairie Vs San Diego, Muskegon Mich Or Bloomington. . . . . . Hmmmm . . . Tough Call . Ha Ha Ha

UTH
02-06-2008, 06:09 AM
Wow, 4 Nd Class B Kids On Und.s Class . . . Go Get Em Tiger! ! Ha Ha. . . .Dakota Prairie Vs San Diego, Muskegon Mich Or Bloomington. . . . . . Hmmmm . . . Tough Call . Ha Ha Ha

Where's the funny part? Where I come from, we don't mock boys who've been throwing hay bales their whole lives.*

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/PhilHansonbuffalobills.jpg
would like a word with you

*that could be painful

-you don't need to insult rural america to smack http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/SchutzStaffelSS.png. it isn't hard - there's plenty more. have at it if that's what you want to do

tony
02-06-2008, 06:39 AM
Where's the funny part? Where I come from, we don't mock boys who've been throwing hay bales their whole lives.

Heck, I think UND's North Dakota recruits are the better part of their class. And, yeah, there has to be a way to smack UND that isn't deeply insulting to almost all North Dakotans.

BisonCountry
02-06-2008, 01:17 PM

Buzzed Posting is Drunk Posting.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii34/jkd_photo/drunk.jpg

tony
02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Possible caption: "Does this hat make my face look drunk?"

Da Bison
02-06-2008, 01:32 PM
We also have class B plyers on our current roster like Belquist (9-man) Anderson etc. These players can be as good or better than their big school brethren.
Remember:

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog"

mjh
02-06-2008, 02:14 PM

Get your head out of your ass. I hate und athletics but don't make fun of ND kids. Some of our best players have come from small class B schools. You talk a lot of trash for someone who couldn't pee hard against the sidewalk.

aces1180
02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Get your head out of your ass. I hate und athletics but don't make fun of ND kids. Some of our best players have come from small class B schools. You talk a lot of trash for someone who couldn't pee hard against the sidewalk.

No doubt...Roehl, Jangula and Wurzbacher are all from ND...All key members of the current Bison squad.

Let's also not forget about other ND studs to play for the Bison...Hansen, Feeney, the Kittlesons just to name a few.

By the way Lakes...

QUIT TALKING ABOUT UND!!!! NOBODY CARES ABOUT THEM!!! THEY are NOT OUR RIVAL!!! MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN and IOWA ARE the TEAMS we NEED TO FOCUS ON! ;)

Da Bison
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Also class B Steffes

aces1180
02-06-2008, 02:30 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Also class B Steffes

How the heck did I forget Steffes? Duh!

CarringtonBison
02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Also class B Steffes
Wasn't steffes from Dickinson? I thought that he played class A ball. Splitting hairs I know (unless he played for Trinity).

We have had many of our best players from small towns, including Zach from Carrington!

Da Bison
02-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Wasn't steffes from Dickinson? I thought that he played class A ball. Splitting hairs I know (unless he played for Trinity).

We have had many of our best players from small towns, including Zach from Carrington!
It was Trinity

Bison Dan
02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Lakes always has a problem with small school athletes - don't know why.

lakesbison
02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
cripes.. I was just comparing how they are fighting crappy lil D3 schools in wisc/minn for recruits, while we are going to CALI/TEXAS/MICHIGAN.

relax.. of course I like North Dakota kids, but facts are facts, and I need to make fun of UND, cuz they are so laughable.

Tatanka
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
:smh: .

tcbison
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
My turn to post like lakes:

WHO CARES about und? I CAN'T BELIEVE this is even a topic on HERE! I don't EVER want to TALK about THEM AGAIN!

NDSU1980
02-07-2008, 02:06 PM

Maybe those fans can show their dissatisfaction by giving the Haksol salute on TV.

bisonpride2k
02-07-2008, 08:27 PM

While I think we got the better QB, the kid from Dakota Prairie is pretty good as well. Tall and athletic with a rather strong arm. Fits there protype QB exactly but probably runs better then they have had in the past.

bisonhusker
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
From what I heard, and this is a rumor....the kid from Dakota Prairie is really sturggling against the 11 man defense. He just isn't used to the extra two defenders. Again, this is rumor....and I am sure he is a smart kid and can figure it out.

aces1180
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
From what I heard, and this is a rumor....the kid from Dakota Prairie is really sturggling against the 11 man defense. He just isn't used to the extra two defenders. Again, this is rumor....and I am sure he is a smart kid and can figure it out.

How would he already have experience against the 11-man defense? Is this while watching film? Wasn't he a senior last fall?

MN_BISON
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM

This kid is still in high school so who has seen him struggle against 11 man defenses? I think your source might be jumping the gun a bit here. I was hoping Seth would walk on at NDSU before he verbaled to the Sioux.

Mr. Burgundy
02-16-2008, 02:08 AM
I am pretty sure Bisonhusker was joking around. 9 man vs 11 man joke.