PDA

View Full Version : Bison vs Badgers??

lakesbison
01-30-2008, 03:11 PM
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

NO THREAD ABOUT THIS?? THIS WOULD BE HUGE!! COLOSSAL!!

STATE STREET and GREEN SPRINKLED IN A SEA OF RED!

DANCING TO "JUMP AROUND" after 3rd quarter?? the 5th quarter Band show?

DID I MENTION STATE STREET?? and the RED SHED? where you can get a %$5 Long Island Tea in a old canning glass and it'll be so strong 2 of them will knock you on your booty???

DAM!! LETS GET THIS DONE!!!! I have family in madison, plenty of parking available for bisonville!

Trim
01-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes, this would be beyond fun!

aces1180
01-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm there if it happens. Bring on Madison!

lakesbison
01-30-2008, 03:23 PM
10,000 bison would travel. 10 hours on I94. easily!!!

cannot wait 4 gene to announce it!!!!

I talked to my cousin at UW-Madison last night and he did say there is talk about it on sept 20th.

tcbison
01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
10,000 bison would travel. 10 hours on I94. easily!!!

cannot wait 4 gene to announce it!!!!

I talked to my cousin at UW-Madison last night and he did say there is talk about it on sept 20th.

How many tickets could NDSU fans get in Wisconsin? Aren't they typically sold out?

aces1180
01-30-2008, 03:53 PM
How many tickets could NDSU fans get in Wisconsin? Aren't they typically sold out?

Yes, demand is high for tickets at the U of W...However, StubHub and eBay would have them, but for a price.

Tatanka
01-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxR7rTYuSI) :nod: :nod: :nod:

Tatanka
01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
On a side note, you could say

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Bu ffalo_buffalo)

and still be grammatically correct, as well as far superior in many other ways.

X-Factor
01-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Sign 'em up Gene! Get 'r done!!!

NDSUguy
01-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I have been to many badger games....The tickets are NOT that hard to come by. It is generally very easy to get tickets to the game either on the street, on the internet or as a last resort a ticket broker.

I have gone to about 10 games there (including games against Big10 rivals) and was able to scalp (for face value) tickets on the street.

aces1180
01-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I have been to many badger games....The tickets are NOT that hard to come by. It is generally very easy to get tickets to the game either on the street, on the internet or as a last resort a ticket broker.

I have gone to about 10 games there (including games against Big10 rivals) and was able to scalp (for face value) tickets on the street.

Thanks for the info!

tony
01-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Not sounding too promising... here's a story from today on WI Journal Sentinel blog:

http://blogs.jsonline.com/badgers/archive/2008/01/30/talks-with-north-dakota-state-stymied.aspx

TransAmBison
01-30-2008, 05:37 PM
So, since it looks like this game won't happen, is there an opening with a top ten FCS team? I'm all for this even if it is away. I'm too lazy myself to look at corresponding openings. Maybe somebody else has some insights??

aces1180
01-30-2008, 05:40 PM
So, since it looks like this game won't happen, is there an opening with a top ten FCS team? I'm all for this even if it is away. I'm too lazy myself to look at corresponding openings. Maybe somebody else has some insights??

I would love another home game...Bring on Ditka and DA BEARS!

*Actually, Cal Poly would be wonderful.

TransAmBison
01-30-2008, 05:46 PM
I would love another home game...Bring on Ditka and DA BEARS!

*Actually, Cal Poly would be wonderful.
Another home game would be great, but I'm more looking for a great game, and if going on the road is what it takes I am all for it.

lakesbison
01-30-2008, 06:16 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2560&t=1943135&sto=MS_22503024#s=193&f=2560&t=1943135

Its between KENT STATE & NDSU for last spot according to the 2nd poster on the badger fball thread

roadwarrior
01-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Lets see? Should I believe what Gene said this morning or what the 2nd poster on the badger board said?

Bison Dan
01-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Lets see? Should I believe what Gene said this morning or what the 2nd poster on the badger board said?

I missed what Gene had to say. Care to repeat?

bisonmike2
01-30-2008, 08:15 PM
I missed what Gene had to say. Care to repeat?

He said, "I wish those p*ss#s at Wisconsin would man up, grow a pair and get this thing done!"

Wait, that might not have been Gene. It might have been Lakes that said something like that.

aces1180
01-30-2008, 08:17 PM
He said, "I wish those p*ss#s at Wisconsin would man up, grow a pair and get this thing done!"

Wait, that might not have been Gene. It might have been Lakes that said something like that.

Um, you forgot to use caps. ;)

roadwarrior
01-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Read the link on tony's post #12 above.

devin45k
01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Not sounding too promising... here's a story from today on WI Journal Sentinel blog:

http://blogs.jsonline.com/badgers/archive/2008/01/30/talks-with-north-dakota-state-stymied.aspx

Their reactions under the article make them sound like p*ssies!

BisonNeil
01-30-2008, 10:07 PM
It would appear from this post in Madison that we won't be playing the Badgers, no news there really. However, the tenor of the article suggests that they really wanted us.

X-Factor
01-30-2008, 10:26 PM
It would probably cost them half as much to play us as opposed to a MAC or MWC team. Wisconsin would be a good sign for both sides.

For one, I like NDSU's current record in the state of Wisconsin, and another reason is all the recruiting we do there.

Bison101
01-30-2008, 11:16 PM

Did you read some of the comments on that blog? They called us a "patsy" team.

Gosh, I'd like to whoop the badgers. Just to shut those guys up.:ranting:

tjbison
01-30-2008, 11:23 PM

I love it! They must have forgotten about the "PATSY" Citadel team last year. The Big Ten teams have some real egos!!!! They look at us like the rest of FBS looks at them!

ndsubison1
01-31-2008, 01:05 AM

I guess they forgot about us handling Minnesota 2 years in a row better than they did. They also don't know about us beating up CMU. Also, did I mention our bball team beat them?

onbison09
01-31-2008, 01:14 AM
Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxR7rTYuSI) :nod: :nod: :nod:

WTF??????? A game with the Badgers would be awesome. So would be checking out the bathrooms.

onbison09
01-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Here is some respect- Why in the world would we play NDSU, or any halfway decent FCS team? It's a no-win situation. Lose and its a colossal failure (by the way, NDSU handled the Gophs more easily than we did). Win, and nobody cares.

CaBisonFan
01-31-2008, 06:15 AM
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

NO THREAD ABOUT THIS?? THIS WOULD BE HUGE!! COLOSSAL!!

STATE STREET and GREEN SPRINKLED IN A SEA OF RED!

DANCING TO "JUMP AROUND" after 3rd quarter?? the 5th quarter Band show?

DID I MENTION STATE STREET?? and the RED SHED? where you can get a %$5 Long Island Tea in a old canning glass and it'll be so strong 2 of them will knock you on your booty???

DAM!! LETS GET THIS DONE!!!! I have family in madison, plenty of parking available for bisonville!

First, we have to get our season ticket sales up and build a basketball arena.

devin45k
01-31-2008, 08:39 AM

Since we are one of the top teams already we got a lot of haters now. I even saw a youtube clip of us beating Central Michigan with 2 negative comments from their fans. They basically tried to say that we never done anything and nobody cares about NDSU. The funny thing is that they have never had any championships except one division II championship in 1974. They also have never had any football player go to the Pro-bowl in the NFL. There average attendance was only at 62%, which is the highest its been in years. It was also only that high with one of their best seasons in years.

The UNI fans have started to spam a lot of the NDSU stuff also. They have been saying we are nothing compared to them.

What I'm basically rambling about is: Everybody start hatin' on you, when you're on top.

lakesbison
02-01-2008, 09:50 PM
potrykusSophomore
2328 posts this site
Posted: 1/30/2008 6:51 PM

Re: North Dakota State U @ Camp Randall (links)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

duaneduany wrote: Another scheduling coup for the Badger athletic department. If we could ever actually climb into the thick of a national title race these types of games could easily keep us out. I don't need a lecture on how difficult or borderline impossible it is to schedule top notch out of conference opponents, I understand that, but this is embarrasing any way you slice it.

Well, NDSU approached UW.

And if you're embarrased by that, you'll be embarrassed if UW faces a MAC school next season as NDSU beat the MAC champs by 30 -- on the road.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ RESPECT!!

but then u get this -----RE: North Dakota State U @ Camp Randall (links)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"North Dakota State U....Wants to play us...Hahah...We would beat them by 50....This is not basketball my friend the Badgers would line up and pound the ball on your lil team, get out of here and dont try and pick a fight with the big dogs."

Jdubs21
02-01-2008, 10:26 PM
its kinda liek why everyone hates the patriots....they are good and undefeated...your always gonna get the haters jumpin all over you...its when u dont get that negative attention is when u know your either a mediocre or jsut plain bad team...BISON #1

SDbison
02-02-2008, 04:26 PM
From what it sounds like a game against Wisconsin in 2008 will be near impossible to set up. Hopefully Gene will make arrangements for a game with the Badgers for a few years from now rather that waiting until later when schedules are difficult to change. Given the situation for 2008 is it still possible NDSU could end up playing LSU? Both teams have the same open dates? Think about it. Even teams like Wisconsin will now be on the bubble trying to decide if it is worth playing a damn good FCS team and risking a loss. The days of NDSU playing the likes of MAC teams is gone. Even though I know many here cringe at the thought, but to get an FBS team to play NDSU it might take scheduling a top 25 team. Any thoughts about a possible game with LSU in 2008?

BisBison
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
The days of NDSU playing the likes of MAC teams is gone.

:confused: :confused: :confused: explain this. I'm not sure I agree with this statement.

Gully
02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: explain this. I'm not sure I agree with this statement.

I think he's saying they won't play us anymore because they know they have a good chance of losing.

SDbison
02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
They know we can play at their level and MAC teams or teams from other lower level FBS conferences will want to schedule softer FCS teams in the future. The word is out now. NDSU kicked Central Michigans butt. They beat the Gophers. The risk will not be worth it. The Appy victory against Michigan and other FCS victories against FBS teams will not help either. At minimum, lower and middle of the road FBS teams will be smarter from now on about who they schedule from FCS.

Gully
02-02-2008, 04:56 PM
From what it sounds like a game against Wisconsin in 2008 will be near impossible to set up. Hopefully Gene will make arrangements for a game with the Badgers for a few years from now rather that waiting until later when schedules are difficult to change. Given the situation for 2008 is it still possible NDSU could end up playing LSU? Both teams have the same open dates? Think about it. Even teams like Wisconsin will now be on the bubble trying to decide if it is worth playing a damn good FCS team and risking a loss. The days of NDSU playing the likes of MAC teams is gone. Even though I know many here cringe at the thought, but to get an FBS team to play NDSU it might take scheduling a top 25 team. Any thoughts about a possible game with LSU in 2008?

There is a chance but I'd say it's unlikely. My take is we'll end up playing SLO for a 7th home game. Throw in UNI in Cedar Falls and I'd get to go to 8 games within a 3 hour drive. Nice.

SDbison
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
There is a chance but I'd say it's unlikely. My take is we'll end up playing SLO for a 7th home game. Throw in UNI in Cedar Falls and I'd get to go to 8 games within a 3 hour drive. Nice.
I sincerely hope NDSU makes a schedule that works out best for the team and university........not so that a few fans can drive the shortest distance? Just kidding! As for the LSU game I am all for it. Have to keep the exposure to FBS going. It is great for fan interest and future recruiting.

Gully
02-02-2008, 08:27 PM
I sincerely hope NDSU makes a schedule that works out best for the team and university........not so that a few fans can drive the shortest distance? Just kidding! As for the LSU game I am all for it. Have to keep the exposure to FBS going. It is great for fan interest and future recruiting.

Hey, I agree with you on the LSU. I would gladly fly to LA instead of drive to Fargo for one more home game. No one would expect anything at all.......I'd play the game and bank the $750,000.

NDSUstudent
02-02-2008, 08:36 PM
We won't play LSU, I'm pretty sure they'll play App State. Rumor on AGS is that ESPN will televise their game.