PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs The Nation

TheDoctor
01-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Ok...things did not work out and I am not flying to El Paso for the game next weekend. So, I have to figure out how to watch the game. From my understanding this CSTV is available to Direct TV customers on a sports package upgrade. Does anyone know if any local bars have this OR if a local bar would be willing to upgrade for the month and then cancel it in return for a Bisonville party on Saturday? I am really hoping Joe plays well in practice this week, gets to start, and shows scouts the difference between 40 speed and on field speed. Whos up for going out and watching the game Saturday? He has the Super Bowl XX defensive wizard Buddy Ryan as a head coach. What Chicago boy could ask for more????? Good luck Joe and Drago! ;)

onbison09
01-27-2008, 06:19 PM
CSTV is on the sports pack. I would call B Dubs and ask them if they have it. Wouldn't hurt and it wouldn't suprise me if they do. Getting pumped to watch Joe and Drago in this game. What's the game's official site?

TheDoctor
01-27-2008, 06:32 PM
CSTV is on the sports pack. I would call B Dubs and ask them if they have it. Wouldn't hurt and it wouldn't suprise me if they do. Getting pumped to watch Joe and Drago in this game. What's the game's official site?

Texas vs. The Nation is the official title and the website address as well www.texasvsthenation.com

That would be great if they have it. Looking forward to hearing. ;)

onbison09
01-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Here's the site-http://texasvsthenation.cstv.com/

Thunder_Struck
01-27-2008, 07:47 PM
CSTV has been on at JT Cigarro in the past. The hard part about watching a game there is trying to keep you focus on the game!

TheDoctor
01-27-2008, 08:27 PM
CSTV has been on at JT Cigarro in the past. The hard part about watching a game there is trying to keep you focus on the game!

Why because the smoke is so think???????????? ;)

SlickVic
01-28-2008, 12:17 AM
i get cstv in hd chea ;)

TheDoctor
01-28-2008, 12:31 AM
i get cstv in hd chea ;)

Party at Slick's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

cadillac
01-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Sports Bar will have it. We watched Drago in the Senior Bowl there. They even opened early for us.

bisonpride2k
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM

At JT's? Game? What game? There is a game on? They have TV's there? ;)

TheDoctor
02-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Talked to Joe about noon and he said he will be in on special teams but will not be starting at LB. He said they had their depth charts set coming in and they didn't move them during the week. He was still excited, said it has been an exciting week and he has made a lot of great contacts. I told him a few of us Bisonvillers were getting together to watch the game and we'd be cheering for him. He will be wearing #44 so look for him on the opening kick off. Good luck Joe! ;)

MN_BISON
02-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Good luck Joe and Drago, I've got my DVR set!

No_Skill
02-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Good luck Jobe...

...the beginning "Players to Watch" graphic had him as Jobe Mays :banghead:

Bison53
02-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Joe is in on 2nd defensive series.

No_Skill
02-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Jobe in on 3rd series as well.

No_Skill
02-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Did anyone else see this? Blackman from NC State ran back a kickoff for a TD and in the interview after it looked like he was wearing NDSU "eye black" stickers. Any connection to Mays or Drago?

BisonCountry
02-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Anyone else notice the NDSU black patches Blackmon(he returned the kickoff for TD) was wearing.

No_Skill
02-02-2008, 10:13 PM
1/2 tackle for Jobe Mays.

No_Skill
02-02-2008, 11:01 PM
2nd half opening kickoff... Nice pop right up the middle by #44

JOBE.....MAYS!

tony
02-03-2008, 12:09 AM
hehe, I was wondering where Mushmouth went to after Fat Albert went off the air... I guess he's announcing college all-star games. Did he call him Jobe Mubays?

Mr. Burgundy
02-03-2008, 12:45 AM
we thought Drago had punts of 55, 55, and 54 yards. Two of them into the endzone. He was ranked as the #5 prospect in the game by a halftime announcer from a draft website.

Joe had a huge hit to start the 2nd half on a kickoff.

Game was really tough to watch. Not great football.

TheDoctor
02-03-2008, 02:52 AM
we thought Drago had punts of 55, 55, and 54 yards. Two of them into the endzone. He was ranked as the #5 prospect in the game by a halftime announcer from a draft website.

Joe had a huge hit to start the 2nd half on a kickoff.

Game was really tough to watch. Not great football.

It was fun watching the game with you guys today. Quote of the day from Buddy Ryan (heading into the locker room at the half ---when ask what went wrong in the first half) he listed a few things and then says "and ofcourse that first quarter back was so god damn terrible" referring to his starting QB Blake Mitchell out of South Carolina (Spurrier's boy) who threw an interception on the 1st series and fumbled on the 2nd series before being removed. WOW! Pretty sure he was better off scout wise not even showing up this week for the game. Only Buddy Ryan and Bobby Knight could say something like that. Not only is he terrible but his coach has already forgotten his name at that point. Drago had 4 punts for a total of 200 yards with 2 touchbacks. ;)

Bisontug
02-03-2008, 04:24 AM
So does anybody have the final stats for both Drago and Joe ? Didn't have an opportunity to watch the game.

TheDoctor
02-03-2008, 04:48 AM
Drago 4 punts for 200 yards (avg. 50) 2 touch backs

Joe 2 tackles (1 solo decleating "Train Wreck" tackle on special teams to start the 2nd half) and 1 tackle of the QB just across the line of scrimmage where a teammate had the QB stopped but needed a little help from Joe to bring him down. ;)

4mcruenomore
02-03-2008, 05:58 AM
Watched the whole game, also watched the north/south game last week. My thoughts:

This game was a joke, poor football, poor coaching
Joe had some great plays, lots of playing time, but I felt he went half speed and looked disinterested
Drago looked great, those touch backs were a showing of how far the dude can f'n punt, no doubt, he could have cared less about the game.
No one cared about this game, last weeks game was way more professional with players actually wanting to win.

Bison4Life302
02-03-2008, 02:02 PM
That announcer that interveiwed the players was a piece of work also! What a joke

Mr. Burgundy
02-03-2008, 02:46 PM
we were laughing during one interview when suddenly Drago pops his head up from behind the guy. He always knows how to get on camera. Pretty funny.

Drago helped himself again. A couple of those punts went 70+ yards...of course they were through the endzone.