PDA

View Full Version : Sdsu Recap

Mr. Burgundy
01-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Just a few notes from the game last night.

I have been pimping Tveidt for 2 years, and last night....he made me proud. He won the game. It was over with 11 minutes left in the 1st half....and he had 14 points (or exactly the same number of fans that SDSU brought to the game). If the SDSU poster that ripped me for pimping him last week wants to respond, I would listen.

Gameball: Tveidter. What a game. Watching those two freshman play was telling the fans that the future is bright.

The youth excuse gets old. Get over it. Every team plays freshman...we do, and we did. Period.

Is it a rivalry if their fanbase can't drive two hours to the biggest game of the year? Pretty sad. I expected alot more after the football game that we lost down there.

Does "Kai" stand for "No Defense" in Canadian? Do we have any Canadian Language experts out there? The kid could be so special. He just floats for minutes on end, and then takes over offensively. Solid defense beats an off the ball block shot any day. All show. I will take a non flashy "Winks" style defense anyday. I just wish he gave it 100% on both sides, as he has real talent.

SDSU, hit the weightroom.

Overall, it was a dominating performance. Our bigs were solid. WInks was solid, and Ben was special. His statline was something like 26/8/8/6. That is a man's statline.

Great game Bison and coaches!

02Bison
01-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Excellent energy from the Bison, feisty defense, and clicking on both the inside and the outside games on offense. That is the receipe for success! Keep it up Bison! Liked what I saw out of Sam, Luke, and Tweidt in addition to the usual stars! Excellent ball movement (and player movement away from the ball)...best I've seen in quite awhile from the Bison!

Mr_Meanor
01-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Don't get to excited over Tveidt game. You have to remember it was only one game and he needs to prove he can play like that on a consistent basis. Coming into last nights game he was 1 or 16 behind the arc. I know this kid has some game but he needs to show he can become consistent.

Mr. Burgundy
01-26-2008, 06:08 PM
If you were at Midnight Madness, and watch Tveidt win the 3 point contest, you saw the natural ability. Basketball is a confidence thing. (Corey Brewer of the Wolves has struggled all year from the permiter after being a fine shooter at Florida....just an example). Also, I am not saying he is a perimeter player at all, those shots were open and he made them count last night. His ability is really running the floor and using both hands. Kid has crazy ability.

Anyone else excited about not graduating anyone from this team and adding Carlson next year? He was a real scoring machine in Minneapolis last year. With 20 pounds of added muscle already added to his frame....yikes.

Good work by the staff, watching them play defense on this homestand was a welcome change.

NDSUstudent
01-26-2008, 06:19 PM
For the first time this year Tveidt showed me the same stroke he had when he won the three point shooting contest at the Late Show. Before last night some of his shots just didn't look right, they were almost line drives. Now that he has some confidence, I think he'll be a more consistant threat.

I also gotta agree with Saul, I'm really starting to like our bench. With Carlson coming in and maybe a JUCO this team could do some big things next year.

lakesbison
01-26-2008, 08:12 PM
It Was So Cute To See The 5 Sets Of Parents & 2 Girlfriends . . Oh And 2 Boyfriends Of SDSU to make the trip . . what an embarresment! !

Swat_Team10
01-26-2008, 10:08 PM
who cares about the SDSU fans...its been cold as hell out and there team sucks. I am sure they will have more come to Fargo for the womens game tonight.

Blue
01-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Doubt it. Seriously who the hell would want to go to Fargo? Nothing special there. Just colder weather.

TheBisonator
01-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Doubt it. Seriously who the hell would want to go to Fargo? Nothing special there. Just colder weather.

Yeah, because I mean, Brookings has soooooooo much more to offer...

Blue
01-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah, because I mean, Brookings has soooooooo much more to offer...
I never said that;). Why waste time going North into Southern Canada to watch the Jacks and Bison play for a game that really doesn't mean a thing besides a rivalry. Plus the BSA is a dump, our fans know it and so do your fans, the rest of the Summit League doesn't know it yet.

TheBisonator
01-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I never said that;). Why waste time going North into Southern Canada to watch the Jacks and Bison play for a game that really doesn't mean a thing besides a rivalry. Plus the BSA is a dump, our fans know it and so do your fans, the rest of the Summit League doesn't know it yet.

And Coughlin looks like it's going to tumble to the ground at any second. At least we have plans to completely replace our embarassing facility, not just smear lipstick on it.:D

Are you still going to have those code-violating east bleachers when we come back to play in 2009??

Blue
01-26-2008, 10:29 PM
And you also have someone from Microsoft in your pocket ;-)

TheBisonator
01-26-2008, 10:34 PM
And you also have someone from Microsoft in your pocket ;-)

That's right, I'll go figure out how much money Burgum has given to our athletic programs... Oh right, he hasn't given any...

Mr. Burgundy
01-26-2008, 10:39 PM
A true fan doesn't pick and chose when they want to watch a rivalry game. They just know it is a rivalry game and they support the team. The BSA sucks, but who cares. It is still a fun environment to watch a game at. Get over it. I had fun in Brookings, even though it is a dump. To call us Southern Canada is ok....if you are Las Vegas or Lake Tahoe or something fun. You are Mickey Fricken Brookings, South Dakota. Turn left at the last cow and you'll see our new and improved Taco Johns......Please don't compare towns.

TheBisonator
01-26-2008, 10:46 PM
A true fan doesn't pick and chose when they want to watch a rivalry game. They just know it is a rivalry game and they support the team. The BSA sucks, but who cares. It is still a fun environment to watch a game at. Get over it. I had fun in Brookings, even though it is a dump. To call us Southern Canada is ok....if you are Las Vegas or Lake Tahoe or something fun. You are Mickey Fricken Brookings, South Dakota. Turn left at the last cow and you'll see our new and improved Taco Johns......Please don't compare towns.

Brookings city population (2006): 18,802

Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo-Dilworth-Horace urban aggl. pop. (2006): 168,015

Not worth comparing.

heymch86
01-26-2008, 11:38 PM
everyone pay attention and read the last few posts= and this isnt a rivalry?

devin45k
01-27-2008, 12:19 AM

Who would want to go to brookings? You guys dont really even have a mall there. Nothing there but a bunch townies for students. Everyone I know that goes to that school hates the town!

IMO, SDSU is just a forced rivalry. The SDSU mega fans take the rivalry way more serious than the NDSU fans. NDSU students care more about a UND rivalry than SDSU. You never hear "Jacks suck," but always hear random yellings of "Sioux suck."

Hammersmith
01-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Guys, maybe you don't get it, but Blue is just sending some good-natured jabs our way. Some of us are taking him way too seriously. I know it's sometimes hard to judge emotion on the internet, but Blue's put smilies on most of his posts and he's been posting on this site for quite a while; we should recognise that's he's a pretty good guy with a good sense of humor.
[/rant]

p.s. Brookings sucks.

TheBisonator
01-27-2008, 02:14 AM
Guys, maybe you don't get it, but Blue is just sending some good-natured jabs our way. Some of us are taking him way too seriously. I know it's sometimes hard to judge emotion on the internet, but Blue's put smilies on most of his posts and he's been posting on this site for quite a while; we should recognise that's he's a pretty good guy with a good sense of humor.
[/rant]

p.s. Brookings sucks.

I was funning around with Blue myself, I was just pointing out the population stats, that's all. I know it's all tongue-in-cheek.:D

Hammersmith
01-27-2008, 02:18 AM
I was funning around with Blue myself, I was just pointing out the population stats, that's all. I know it's all tongue-in-cheek.:D

Sorry, I should have excepted you from that rant. I thought your comments were pretty funny. Looking back, I guess I jumped the gun. I blame having to watch tonight's game. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BlueBisonRock
01-27-2008, 04:29 AM

Hey Blue. Missed ya over the last couple of weeks.

Since you bring up the weather, I thought you may benefit from some previous weather comparisons between ND and SD. You will need to skip through the initial discussion to get to this comparision.

Long Boring Post!

The net: Ain't much of a difference between the weather in ND and the weather in SD. Have a good one.

Blue
01-27-2008, 04:33 AM
Congrats on getting in with the Ching family devin45k...

devin45k
01-27-2008, 04:35 AM

SDSU's FB stadium is worse than most HS stadiums.

SlickVic
01-27-2008, 06:42 AM
SDSU's FB stadium is worse than most HS stadiums.

no its not

devin45k
01-27-2008, 08:58 AM
no its not

In my opinion...I think it really needs renovations to some parts. It would be better if they enclosed it and made the stands better. Give it a more stadium than just a Field feel to it.

imported_Bisongold
01-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with SDSU's football complex. Yes, the east side will need renovation but nothing wrong with the West side. And yes, the rest room situation will need to be handled. Great scordboard. Had a fun afternoon there in spite of our performance.

Swat_Team10
01-27-2008, 03:04 PM
I was told yesterday at the women's game the Bison men had a Jr. College big man on campus for the SDSU game! Lakes - Burgandy- others, do you have any info to share? I did not see any big guys around the parents where many recruits sit for the games.

Rabbitlivinginverm
01-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Here's a funny story about my girlfriend:

My girlfriend is from Brookings and was offered a full tuition scholarship for academics at SDSU. She dislikes SDSU so much she chose NDSU (paying 1 1/2 the in-state tuition). She states that she would "kill" herself if she had to go to that school in that town. She is one of the biggest NDSU fans. I have never seen a girl dislike SDSU sport teams more than her!

She also got her older sister to transfer to NDSU after 1 year at SDSU.
Her younger sister that graduated from HS last year chose the NDSU.
Her youngest sister just announced that she is going to NDSU next year!

I also had a friend that barely graduated from Brookings High School (Ds and Cs, and never got an A in HS) and got a couple minors and DUI's in HS. Was sent to jail a weekend and then 2 weeks. Somehow they still accepted him to that SDSU and was denied by NDSU.

4 sisters from Brookings choosing NDSU over SDSU. Gotta Love em!

The highlighted part was the funniest to me.

SirHinn
01-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Just a few notes from the game last night.

I have been pimping Tveidt for 2 years, and last night....he made me proud. He won the game. It was over with 11 minutes left in the 1st half....and he had 14 points (or exactly the same number of fans that SDSU brought to the game). If the SDSU poster that ripped me for pimping him last week wants to respond, I would listen.

Gameball: Tveidter. What a game. Watching those two freshman play was telling the fans that the future is bright.

The youth excuse gets old. Get over it. Every team plays freshman...we do, and we did. Period.

Is it a rivalry if their fanbase can't drive two hours to the biggest game of the year? Pretty sad. I expected alot more after the football game that we lost down there.

Does "Kai" stand for "No Defense" in Canadian? Do we have any Canadian Language experts out there? The kid could be so special. He just floats for minutes on end, and then takes over offensively. Solid defense beats an off the ball block shot any day. All show. I will take a non flashy "Winks" style defense anyday. I just wish he gave it 100% on both sides, as he has real talent.

SDSU, hit the weightroom.

Overall, it was a dominating performance. Our bigs were solid. WInks was solid, and Ben was special. His statline was something like 26/8/8/6. That is a man's statline.

Great game Bison and coaches!

Too much praise for the Bison, too little criticism when there were lots of areas needed for improvement. Ben Woodside forced way too many shots and didn't get back on defense. There was a 5 point swing where he didn't get back on defense, forced a shot, and again didn't get back on defense. Another thing, Brett Winkleman needs to look up more when having the ball on a fast break. He had his head down on several fastbreaks and couldn't see his open teammates.
The biggest criticism by far has to be the lack of any type of post presence on the offense and defensive end by the Bison. Seeing Moorman getting absolutely dominated by smaller post players defensively was just pathetic. Atleast Sam would try to get physical and not allow himself to get pushed around. Granted though he wasn't much better on the defensive end. Wouldn't it be nice if Moorman could establish some type of post game too? You'd figure after 3 1/2 years, he could have established more then a 15 foot jumper. Good job for Tveidt, he hit a couple of wide open 3's. Now let's see him establish some type of consistancy to his game.

d3boys
01-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Too much praise for the Bison, too little criticism when there were lots of areas needed for improvement. Ben Woodside forced way too many shots and didn't get back on defense. There was a 5 point swing where he didn't get back on defense, forced a shot, and again didn't get back on defense. Another thing, Brett Winkleman needs to look up more when having the ball on a fast break. He had his head down on several fastbreaks and couldn't see his open teammates.
The biggest criticism by far has to be the lack of any type of post presence on the offense and defensive end by the Bison. Seeing Moorman getting absolutely dominated by smaller post players defensively was just pathetic. Atleast Sam would try to get physical and not allow himself to get pushed around. Granted though he wasn't much better on the defensive end. Wouldn't it be nice if Moorman could establish some type of post game too? You'd figure after 3 1/2 years, he could have established more then a 15 foot jumper. Good job for Tveidt, he hit a couple of wide open 3's. Now let's see him establish some type of consistancy to his game.
they played one of their best games of the season and beat our so called rival
why are you hating

devin45k
01-27-2008, 08:22 PM
The highlighted part was the funniest to me.

If u wanna be that way, then be that way. I got dirt I can dish towards you too.

SirHinn
01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
they played one of their best games of the season and beat our so called rival
why are you hating

It's too easy to praise and point out all the good things when ya when a beat your "rival" by 30. It's a lot more difficult for people to notice the mistakes and the things you clearly need to improve on. Like finding a big man who can actually do something defensively in the post.

Mr. Burgundy
01-27-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't disagree with Sirhinn, but the timing is bizarre. You'd think you could mix in a smile once in a while. I guess the glass is just half empty. I am more than critical at times, and will agree with what you said....but we just rolled up SDSU. If woody forcing a shot and Winks not keeping his head up on the break is a problem in a 30 point blow out...then I am happy. I am just excited about the player development. Sammy has been agressive. Freddy is a freak athlete, and Tweidt took over the game. Those are positives in my opinion.

Keep up the win streak on the road this weekend!!!

SirHinn
01-28-2008, 06:55 AM
I don't disagree with Sirhinn, but the timing is bizarre. You'd think you could mix in a smile once in a while. I guess the glass is just half empty. I am more than critical at times, and will agree with what you said....but we just rolled up SDSU. If woody forcing a shot and Winks not keeping his head up on the break is a problem in a 30 point blow out...then I am happy. I am just excited about the player development. Sammy has been agressive. Freddy is a freak athlete, and Tweidt took over the game. Those are positives in my opinion.

Keep up the win streak on the road this weekend!!!

I definately don't disagree with you at all in all your posts!! The Bison played a great game and I was definately more then happy to experience such a dominating peformance! I love the fact that we finally got to see a glimpse of the future in Freddy and Tveidt, it was definately like a breath of fresh air! My only point was that the Bison still had something that they could definately improve on from the blowout rivalry game and hopefully that could lead to some more conference wins.. I'm not hating, only recognizing some of the mistakes from a first hand experience.

lakesbison
01-29-2008, 02:06 AM
THE BIG MAN RECRUIT was a JUCO kid yes, but nothing even worth getting excited about now. whoever asked that question.