PDA

View Full Version : LSU Game - Real?

CaBisonFan
01-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Is a game with LSU a real possibility? Or is it just talk right now?

lakesbison
01-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Dates Match Up. . Gene Is Quiet. Makes Me Wonder. 750k Payout Sounds Great To Me. . Lsu 38 Ndsu 21 . . Do It*

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2008, 10:01 AM
It would be a great game, but the Bison Media Blog say probably is not going to happen........look for a Big 10 game.

lakesbison
01-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Wisconsin and Illinois are only 2 big 10 teams with openings. though.

Gully
01-26-2008, 02:47 PM
It would be a great game, but the Bison Media Blog say probably is not going to happen........look for a Big 10 game.

Why can't I find the link to the blogs on in-forum anymore?

Gully
01-26-2008, 03:17 PM

Do the open date match up? Either one would be great for recruiting, etc.

HerdBot
01-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Is a game with LSU a real possibility? Or is it just talk right now?

Possible but unlikely. If we get 750K and it's on national TV it could be worth it. Otherwise I'd rather play a Big Ten school and have a legit shot of winning. We all know LSU would destory us just like they destoryed Ohio State in the Champinship game. We have more to play for now than pride. We've got a championship to win. Although pulling an upset would give us national exposure.

90BISON
01-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Either of the Big 10 games would be great, especially with a win and ironically in our prime recruiting area.:nod:

fargocyclone
01-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Possible but unlikely. If we get 750K and it's on national TV it could be worth it. Otherwise I'd rather play a Big Ten school and have a legit shot of winning. We all know LSU would destory us just like they destoryed Ohio State in the Champinship game. We have more to play for now than pride. We've got a championship to win. Although pulling an upset would give us national exposure.

That's a huge understatement...

devin45k
01-26-2008, 10:01 PM
I just dont want are players to get dinged up or get hurt mentally from a game against LSU. That could hurt how we play, the rest of our games.

NDSUFREAK
01-26-2008, 10:15 PM

yeahh....imagine App State/Michigan...times that by 100. Everyone would forget about that upset if for some miraculous way we would win that game against LSU...its unimaginable

Bisonguy
01-26-2008, 10:41 PM
yeahh....imagine App State/Michigan...times that by 100. Everyone would forget about that upset if for some miraculous way we would win that game against LSU...its unimaginable

Funny you mention ASU. They are supposedly in talks with LSU for a game next season.

CaBisonFan
01-26-2008, 11:02 PM
I just dont want are players to get dinged up or get hurt mentally from a game against LSU. That could hurt how we play, the rest of our games.

I agree. Not sure of this theory totally...but I think that we saw the result of an emotional victory over Minnesota last year both in terms of the mental and physical toll. We were never the same team after the game in the baggie.

Gully
01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
I agree. Not sure of this theory totally...but I think that we saw the result of an emotional victory over Minnesota last year both in terms of the mental and physical toll. We were never the same team after the game in the baggie.

That's true but we didn't have the playoffs to look forward to, I think that took its toll more than anything. If we can play at LSU, I say take a shot. Nothing to lose, no one would expect a thing and if we somehow kept it close it would be huge. Great for recruiting also.

devin45k
01-27-2008, 12:17 AM

I think that we should be more worried about are conference than playing LSU. The new conference is the best in FCS, in my opinion. We also have some of the hardest games on the road next season also. I just think that if playing them could be a detriment to the rest of our season.

HerdBot
01-27-2008, 12:31 AM

Last year, the Gophers game was our Superbowl and we peaked. We seemed to go down hill from there. Next year the Playoffs will be our Superbowl. Keep in mind, App State won a Championship after beating Michigan.

A game vs LSU would beat up the team physically. Do we have the depth yet to survive an entire Gateway schedule plus a game vs. LSU? It's a fair question. I see next year as a huge opportunity since we will be graduating so many players. Way less than UNI. Next years team will be better than this year barring pitiful play from Mertens.

HerdBot
01-27-2008, 12:45 AM

I would crap myself if we play Wisconsin or Illinois! (figuratively not literally)

PRO'S
1) Great game!
2) Unlike LSU, we would be competitive. With some luck we could pull an upset.
3) Wisconsin is within' driving distance
4) We recruit Wisconsin and Illinois heavily.
5) Nice payday!

CONS
1) Could get blown out
2) Injuries

BeckerBison
01-27-2008, 01:13 AM
I think the LSU discussion is just that. Proabably not very likley.

I think Wisonsin is proabably where we will end up playing next year. The payout would be good. Fans can more easily travel there. Chances of keeping it close or an unlikley win are better than compared to LSU. Madison is a GREAT atmosphere! I can smell the brats on State Street already.

Gully
01-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Last year, the Gophers game was our Superbowl and we peaked. We seemed to go down hill from there. Next year the Playoffs will be our Superbowl. Keep in mind, App State won a Championship after beating Michigan.

A game vs LSU would beat up the team physically. Do we have the depth yet to survive an entire Gateway schedule plus a game vs. LSU? It's a fair question. I see next year as a huge opportunity since we will be graduating so many players. Way less than UNI. Next years team will be better than this year barring pitiful play from Mertens.

"beat up physically", that's exactly what people said would happen before we played the Gophers the last two years. I'm pretty sure NDSU handed out the physical beating. Granted Minnesota is a long way from LSU, I'm just pointing out we need to keep pushing the envelope. Complacency set in during the late 80s/early 90s and when we failed to move up, we became stagnant and then ending up going backward. We need to keep moving forward.

BeckerBison
01-27-2008, 01:21 AM
"beat up physically", that's exactly what people said would happen before we played the Gophers the last two years. I'm pretty sure NDSU handed out the physical beating. Granted Minnesota is a long way from LSU, I'm just pointing out we need to keep pushing the envelope. Complacency set in during the late 80s/early 90s and when we failed to move up, we became stagnant and then ending up going backward. We need to keep moving forward.

NDSU was a better football team than Minnesota last year. Minnesota was and usually is near the bottom of FBS. I agree with Gully. Let's go for a mid or upper FBS team and see what happens.

Hammersmith
01-27-2008, 02:37 AM
Why can't I find the link to the blogs on in-forum anymore?

They took the AreaVoices ad off the front page. You can still see it if you go to the Opinion page.

Gully
01-27-2008, 02:42 AM
They took the AreaVoices ad off the front page. You can still see it if you go to the Opinion page.

cool, thanks

tcbison
01-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Say we do play Wisconsin and NDSU loses by 17 with no injuries. Does anyone think that would really hurt us? Almost all FCS teams play a FBS game and how many actually win? NDSU going 3-1 against FBS teams the last two years really is the expection to the rule. I think the coaches NDSU has are good enough to not let one loss hurt the players mentally. Also, I don't think a loss to a FBS team would really hurt NDSU's chances at the playoffs. UMass lost to Boston College and it didn't hurt them in the polls. Loses to FBS teams are expected, wins not so much. That being said I would love to see NDSU play Wisconsin or even LSU. Bring on the competition!

NDSUstudent
01-27-2008, 06:09 PM

Push the envelop? We are joining the best conference in the FCS and every team outside of Indiana State could beat us. We are already pushing the evelope, LSU is a bad idea. I really don't like the idea of playing Wisconsin either, I don't see the sense in playing a tough FBS team and perhaps your toughest Gateway game with YSU back to back. A lower level game sounded really good because those teams aren't any more physical then your average run of the mill Gateway team.

onbison09
01-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Media blog site- http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/. I wouldn't mind a Wisconsin game (obviously) but this year we don't have to. I would love to see us play a team like North Texas so I could see the Herd in person though.:D

SDbison
01-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I love the idea of playing LSU or Wisconsin. I think NDSU players would be up for either game too, not to mention about 90% of NDSU's fans. Some of you never played college football so to make all the claims of injuries (menatally or physically) you don't have a clue.

NDSUguy
01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
After the Gophers game this year the team was flat and worn down. We didn't play well. I think that much of this had to do with the emotion that was spent in the game.

If we play a big school like UW, I expect that we will lose to whoever we play the following week.

sad but true.

tjbison
01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Last year The Citadel (FCS team from the Southern Conf.) took the Badgers to the 4th qtr tied up, ended up losing 45-31 but UW was ranked #7 at that time. A game in Madison is winnable!

JSUBison
01-27-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't think anybody would be complaining of the let down or injury bug after Minnesota had we beaten SDSU.

SDbison
01-28-2008, 06:56 AM
After the Gophers game this year the team was flat and worn down. We didn't play well. I think that much of this had to do with the emotion that was spent in the game.

If we play a big school like UW, I expect that we will lose to whoever we play the following week.

sad but true.
Based on what................BS!

bisonaudit
01-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Based on what................BS!

Have you been watching on Sundays this year?

Take a look at everyone's performance the week after they got their a** handed to them by New England.

NDSUguy
01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
If you were to take a close look at our games that we played last year after the win @ Minnesota it is pretty clear that we didn't play our best football. My opinion is that we had a let down. Yes, we only lost 1 of those games but we could have lost more. We stunk it up against SDSU and Cal Poly.

TransAmBison
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
If you were to take a close look at our games that we played last year after the win @ Minnesota it is pretty clear that we didn't play our best football. My opinion is that we had a let down. Yes, we only lost 1 of those games but we could have lost more. We stunk it up against SDSU and Cal Poly.
I don't think you even have to look that close!

SDbison
01-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Getting physically beat up is one thing......having a letdown after a big game is another...........

4mcruenomore
01-29-2008, 03:41 AM
This game is never going to happen, nat'l champs playing us? Isn't that like us inviting Mary or Chadron State in for a whooping?? Sometimes this forum makes me shake my head...................BUT, if it happens, I'm flying down, lol.

Gully
01-29-2008, 03:52 AM
didn't Meechigan host ASU? oh yeah, maybe that's because they're, "hot, hot, hot".

Hammersmith
01-29-2008, 05:14 AM
This game is never going to happen, nat'l champs playing us? Isn't that like us inviting Mary or Chadron State in for a whooping?? Sometimes this forum makes me shake my head...................BUT, if it happens, I'm flying down, lol.

Nov 09, 2007 NDSU @ Florida

I'm just saying...

wilson
01-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Nov 09, 2007 NDSU @ Florida

I'm just saying...

BB is different, it's all D-1, none of the FBS, FCS stuff.