Hansel
01-26-2008, 12:29 AM
NDSU up 33-11 with 9 to go in first half

Hansel
01-26-2008, 12:43 AM
49-28 NDSU with 2 to go

Bison101
01-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Bison up 52-28 with less than a minute to go.

Hansel
01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
56-28 at half

Tweidt with 14
Woodside with 12
Winks with 9
Coleman with 7
Moorman with 6
Vaughan 5
Nelson 2
Sussenguth 1

Herd
01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Best half of ball by the Bison in my era!

Bison101
01-26-2008, 12:49 AM
56-28 at halftime.

My First Half Thoughts:
Michael Tveidt- That guy must have really gotten pumped up tonight. 14 opening half points. He was really draining those threes.

Woodside-He pulled off some nice shots

Freddy Coleman-Stepping Up

SDSU Jackrabbits-Well... [[56 to 28]]

28 X 2 = 56

NorthernBison
01-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Certainly not much to find fault with in the first half. The bench really contributed. Some bad fouls but very few turnovers. Hot shooting. Let's keep it up.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Got into my car after work and tuned into the radio and loved what i heard...and now watching it great game for the bison...

Bison101
01-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Is it just me, or does KX4 have an odd camera angle?

NDSUFan_Sav
01-26-2008, 01:02 AM
56-28 at halftime.

SDSU Jackrabbits-Well... [[56 to 28]]

28 X 2 = 56

yeah Jackrabbits - well 56 to 28...also 12 turnovers to our 2

NDSUFan_Sav
01-26-2008, 01:04 AM
also i think their angle is pretty decent...sees the whole court well, could be a little better. But I won't complain to much had to work tonight so wasn't able to make it to the game.

1bizon1
01-26-2008, 01:24 AM
It's hard to tell that there is 5000 fans at the game. The student section sucks. That charge call sucked too. the rabbit waas not set to draw the charge...

NDSUFan_Sav
01-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Why do you think the student section is bad? because they're quiet? we're up by 26....what do you expect them to do...hard to be loud when we're destroying them.

1bizon1
01-26-2008, 01:35 AM
they have not been loud all game....

1bizon1
01-26-2008, 01:37 AM
now look at them leaving...stay til the end of the game.??. just like most of the f.b. games

1bizon1
01-26-2008, 01:38 AM
I would like to see the BSA like some of the arenas I see on tv with the bigger DI schools. Loud and rockin' the whole game. Make it an ugly place to be the visitor.

1bizon1
01-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Tomorrow night we really need the students to be "in your face" against the rabbits. Hopefully I will have a wife and kids that are feeling better so that I can go to the game and be loud and proud.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-26-2008, 01:40 AM
its drinking time....they need to get a start and if you ask me the student section still looks pretty full.

1bizon1
01-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Wow, it's really quiet on here tonight. Glad to see that alot of the 'ville fans must have been able to make it to the game.

1bizon1
01-26-2008, 01:47 AM
I know that I shouldn't say anything if I could not do better, but..... was it kind of plain jane play by play tonight? On t.v. that is....Tough not to be a "homer" when you are the home town announcer but these guys did not seem to try and make a blowout even sound some what exciting. I suppose due to the network rules too, KX4 did not get anymore air time than necessary to run this game on t.v. Therefor, no interviews, game break downs, stats etc after the game?

1bizon1
01-26-2008, 01:54 AM
its drinking time....they need to get a start and if you ask me the student section still looks pretty full.

during most of the game yes. But, the camera showed many of them filing out and the clock showed 3:41 to play. I'm not hammering the students, I just did not feel that they were as loud as normal It did not interfere with the t.v. play by play like it normally does for games like this. Also, not trying to start an argument. Just stating my opinion....

NDSUFan_Sav
01-26-2008, 02:06 AM
during most of the game yes. But, the camera showed many of them filing out and the clock showed 3:41 to play. I'm not hammering the students, I just did not feel that they were as loud as normal It did not interfere with the t.v. play by play like it normally does for games like this. Also, not trying to start an argument. Just stating my opinion....

NO I understand...I also agree students should be louder...I am a student and one of those that you won't see shutting up til its over. We just don't have the motivation like the bigger schools do. I wish I would of been able to make the game I had to work and left early so i could catch it on tv.

sambini
01-26-2008, 03:06 AM
That first half was one of the finest I have ever seen at the BSA. Congrats to Saul,staff,and players++++++++++++

Bisonguy
01-26-2008, 03:30 AM

The fans on the east side bleachers were filing out just as fast, if not faster, than the students after 5:00 remaining.

Jdubs21
01-26-2008, 03:37 AM
i agree i was in the student section tonite and it wasnt near as loud or fun as the other games...but its hard when your up by 30pts....and also this season was so hyped up on being a 20 win season group of guys and we are only like 3 games above .500 so the student section has lost some of its flair...no big upsets or good wins against very good elitie teams take that away too

iHEARTthundar
01-26-2008, 03:48 AM
I was also in the student section and I am one of the people that will not leave a game early even if we are up or down by a lot and i was impressed when halftime came and the stands were still full! the first half people were pretty into the game, but it wasn't a very exciting game... there were some great plays that got some noise, but when you are winning by a lot the whole game, it can be difficult to yell and scream the whole time.

90BISON
01-26-2008, 03:53 AM
As far as the people leaving early thing, can you say the "Sam Houston Football Game". Probably 5000 people ended up having to watch the part of the game they walked out on, on Youtube! I can understand with the absolutely horrid traffic in Fargo and all, might have to sit still for like 2 minutes or something.:D

d3boys
01-26-2008, 04:15 AM
at least the half time entertainment was exciting - awesome job
seriously the bison played a great first half and took sdsu out of it early
hope the bison can play like this on the road

sambini
01-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Michael Tveidt Was SWEET NICE GAME++++++++++++

roadwarrior
01-26-2008, 06:13 AM
There are people that leave early every game! I should know, as they block my view as they walk out. Tonight was probably less than normal, especially considering the lead we had!

roadwarrior
01-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Only SEVEN turnovers for the Bison! It was a fun blowout!

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Great game..........and you gotta love that bench play. We need to keep chipping away at the conference!

jimmyjack
01-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Great win for the Bison. Our guys played scared. Coach Nagy keeps pointing out their youth, and that's true to a point. But I look at a player like Woodside and wonder if he's ever been scared of anything in his life.

Best of luck for most of the rest of the season. I'd like to see NDSU overtake IUPUI and take second in the Summit.

We'll see you in Frost where our young team plays much, much better.

Flintstone
01-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Couple of observations:

NDSU must have a much better strenght coach than SDSU. Up and down the roster, the NDSU guys were just bigger and stronger than SDSU (except Cordova, that guy is big and will be a really good player)

Kai Williams would be a complete stud if he played any defense at all. I think he can pretty much score whenever he want's and he rebounds well. If he starts to play some defense, he could be playing in the NBA. That guy is a phenomenal athlete and really fun to watch when he has the ball in his hands.

There wasn't a guy on the floor that could stay close to Woodside when he drove the lane. Then again, thats the case with most teams we play.

Moorman and Goose have booth looked a lot more aggressive on the offensive end the last couple of games. Its nice to see the big men trying to make some moves to the basket.

I thought Freddie looked pretty good last night. He is a strong defender and fun to watch in the open court. He would be deadly and probably be our full time 5th starter if he could get a pull-up jumper to fall with any consistency. I think he's a big reason why Winks has been playing so well this year. I bet its fun to watch him and Freddy going at each other in practice.

Overall good game and not quite what I was expecting for a final score.