PDA

View Full Version : Dome does well in 2007....

NDSUstudent
01-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Fargodome revenues 29 percent above expectations in 2007
Andrea Domaskin, The Forum

FARGO – Good concerts, good football and good customers gave the Fargodome more money last year.

The dome finished 2007 with a surplus of about $166,584. That’s 29 percent more than the dome had budgeted.

The dome’s finance committee approved the year end financials today.

Concerts and North Dakota State University football games were well attended this year, said Rob Sobolik, the dome’s general manager. People also spent more money while they were in the building, though prices didn’t increase.

The year “was just a very, very positive year and we hope to continue that positive momentum,” he said....

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=178302

roadwarrior
01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Just think what that new basketball arena will do for attendance and revenue at the dome.........

DIBISON
01-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Great news about the FargoDome surplus. Yes, Bison basketball would have the same positive affect as Bison football does for the FargoDome.

mebisonII
01-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Excellent news!

Just curious, how is the Fargodome set up as far as what happens to profits? Do they go back to the city, does the dome get to sit on it and keep it for future years, or are they like a non-profit that can't show a surplus so they have to do something with it immediately?

The Fargodome is run by the city, right?

bisonmike2
01-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Excellent news!

Just curious, how is the Fargodome set up as far as what happens to profits? Do they go back to the city, does the dome get to sit on it and keep it for future years, or are they like a non-profit that can't show a surplus so they have to do something with it immediately?

The Fargodome is run by the city, right?

I thought the the dome is owned by the city but ran by a company that manages venues. Like global spectrum or something. I have no idea what happens to the profits.

bisonaudit
01-24-2008, 04:23 PM
The FargoDome Authority is responsible for the management of the FargoDome. They answer to the City Commission. The FargoDome authority has hired Global Spectrum to manage the day to day operations of the facility.

The FargoDome is on NDSU property. The City has a 100 year lease that they paid $300,000 for on day one plus $1 a year over the term.

The financial results are reported as part of the City of Fargo financial statements and I believe than any surplus they produce is retained by the FargoDome Authority to cover future operating losses or fund improvements to the facility but I'm not 100% certain on that last bit.

Bison Dan
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Wouldn't it be great to have a portion of the hotel tax go to the dome, we could claim the dome made a million dollars every year! But alas we don't have to worry about deficits like some venues (alerus).

Hammersmith
01-26-2008, 08:15 PM
I was at the boat show yesterday and realized the Fargodome needs a serious cleaning. During sporting events, my attention is focused on the action so I hadn't noticed how much dust and grime has built up on the supports and rafters. Also, the condition of all the painted surfaces was surprising. Cover the speakers, scoreboards and lights and haul some power washers into the catwalks and go to town. Finish it off with some new paint and the FFD will look as good as new. I hope someone at the FFD is at least considering it.

Bisonguy
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
I was at the boat show yesterday and realized the Fargodome needs a serious cleaning. During sporting events, my attention is focused on the action so I hadn't noticed how much dust and grime has built up on the supports and rafters. Also, the condition of all the painted surfaces was surprising. Cover the speakers, scoreboards and lights and haul some power washers into the catwalks and go to town. Finish it off with some new paint and the FFD will look as good as new. I hope someone at the FFD is at least considering it.

They can also install some more/better lighting when they're cleaning the catwalks. :nod:

Trim
02-03-2008, 03:12 AM

Holy crap Hammer, you should have seen the poor dome during Monster Jam tonight. I could literally see the dirt building up on the seats in front of me. It was a dust bowl in there. Dirt in my mouth, face, hair. My kid had mud on his face because the dust mixed with the spit that is normally on his cheeks. Those banners in the corners will be filthy. I wonder how the big screens in the corner do after being thoroughly coated with dust? Even from my front row seat I could see the white walls above the seats starting to become discolored. What a mess.

Hammersmith
02-03-2008, 03:15 AM
Holy crap Hammer, you should have seen the poor dome during Monster Jam tonight. I could literally see the dirt building up on the seats in front of me. It was a dust bowl in there. Dirt in my mouth, face, hair. My kid had mud on his face because the dust mixed with the spit that is normally on his cheeks. Those banners in the corners will be filthy. I wonder how the big screens in the corner do after being thoroughly coated with dust? Even from my front row seat I could see the white walls above the seats starting to become discolored. What a mess.

Maybe that's the best thing for the dome. It sounds like they won't have a choice but to clean the place now.

1bizon1
02-03-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the pics I am looking for were some where here on B-ville. I believe Dennis posted them, the pics of the new f.b. offices, etc, at the Fargodome. (Or, as "Williams and Ree" said, 'leave it to a buch of Norwegians to call a big square brick building a dome.") Anyway, does anyone know what pics I am talking about and which forum they were? I used the search feature here on the site and could not find what I was looking for. T.I.A.

If this is/was the wrong place for this post, Mods, please feel free to move...

BisonCountry
02-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure the pics I am looking for were some where here on B-ville. I believe Dennis posted them, the pics of the new f.b. offices, etc, at the Fargodome. (Or, as "Williams and Ree" said, 'leave it to a buch of Norwegians to call a big square brick building a dome.") Anyway, does anyone know what pics I am talking about and which forum they were? I used the search feature here on the site and could not find what I was looking for. T.I.A.

If this is/was the wrong place for this post, Mods, please feel free to move...
Here are some pictures of the Sunderland Family Football Office Complex (http://www.gobison.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?SPSID=13796&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&PALBID=6866) from gobison.com website.

roadwarrior
02-03-2008, 02:40 PM
The Fargodome has a full page color ad in today's Forum thanking the 6.7 million people that have attended events over the past 15 years.

sambini
02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Hats off to Rob and his staff at the dome. ++++

Bison"FANatic"
02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Those rafters and airducts do need a BIG swifter taken to them. I noticed that to. Holy dust Batman, I bet they could plant some corn in that layer pretty soon and make a second income!!!:D

Flanders
02-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Here are some pictures of the Sunderland Family Football Office Complex (http://www.gobison.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?SPSID=13796&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&PALBID=6866) from gobison.com website.
In a word, impressive.

HerdBot
02-05-2008, 02:02 AM

What they need to do is...
1) Splash on some YELLOW paint to go with the green!
2) New lighting system
3) More Bison STUFF! The scoreboard should have a permanant wood sign above it that lists the National Championships. Maybe some sort of "Wall Of Fame?"
4) Ring of honor!
5) Do the 8 National Championship banners have to be so high they cannot be seen?
6) Sell beer. (ok that has nothing to do with the cosmetics but hey!)

UTH
02-05-2008, 02:20 AM
What they need to do is...
6) Sell beer. (ok that has nothing to do with the cosmetics but hey!)

If it's that bad and all else fails, just drink it pretty. It is now feasably relevant to cosmetics.:bow:

roper1313
02-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I know that I had looked through those pictures when the new offices were finished, but I'd forgotten how nice they are. Let's get that eye sore to the south of the FD remodled for the other teams, a new BB arena attached to the FD and a nice indoor practice facility for football/soccer in the late fall and for the baseball and softball teams in the early spring. Lets put that right were Dakota Field is.

BTW, thanks again to the Sunderland Family.

Go Bison!

HooliganBison
02-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Is there anyway to get a tour of the office complex? Or is that reserved for the high level teammakers. I don't care if I see one coach/player I would just like to see it for myself.

roadwarrior
02-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Is there anyway to get a tour of the office complex? Or is that reserved for the high level teammakers. I don't care if I see one coach/player I would just like to see it for myself.

I'm sure if you stopped by, they would let you in.

tcbison
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM

Last year I toured it before the Spring Game. It is quite impressive.

cbline
02-13-2008, 12:58 AM

We toured the football offices, locker rooms, team theater-style meeting room, etc during Family Weekend in September 2006. A tour of the Dome was one of the free activities that weekend, and we really enjoyed it. You might want to keep on eye out for that next fall.