PDA

View Full Version : Coaching

Hammersmith
01-21-2008, 09:25 AM
NDSU is advertising an assistant VB coaching job. Either Leslie or Kari must be leaving since only two are allowed. Anyone know which is leaving and why?

Greenie
01-21-2008, 05:28 PM
NDSU is advertising an assistant VB coaching job. Either Leslie or Kari must be leaving since only two are allowed. Anyone know which is leaving and why?

Leslie Kuhn left already...she had another opportunity to play pro-ball in Europe

BlueKeyAlum
01-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Good luck to Leslie.

Hammersmith
01-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Leslie Kuhn left already...she had another opportunity to play pro-ball in Europe

Must've missed that. Thanks.

Hammersmith
02-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Following up:

North Dakota State Names Dave Manka Assistant Volleyball Coach (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1387440)

11 years as a high school head coach (Irondale - New Brighton, MN)
1 year assistant at St. Thomas
1 year volunteer assistant at Minnesota
1 year assistant at Minnesota

Welcome Dave.

Greenie
02-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Pretty good deal for NDSU, especially since coach Manka was also the recruiting coordinator at Minnesota last season (a perennial top-25 program).

sambini
02-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome Dave++++

ndbisonfan
02-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Great land for the already extremely developed volleyball team!!!

pancake83
02-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Dave is a great recruiter with great ties within the Minnesota/Twin Cities club volleyball scene. He will do a great job in helping Bison volleyball get to the next level with his connections and experience coaching. It's a great day to be a Bison!

tcbison
02-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Dave is a great recruiter with great ties within the Minnesota/Twin Cities club volleyball scene. He will do a great job in helping Bison volleyball get to the next level with his connections and experience coaching. It's a great day to be a Bison!

That is great to hear. I wonder if NDSU would look to get Minnesota on the schedule in future years.

roadwarrior
02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
We played Minnesota a couple of years ago.

DORMIE
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Just look what Coach Hinterstocker had done with the program in just 2 years. Starting with giving those seniors a great senior season to another great year this past season. With his new recruits and the addition of Coach Manka for recruiting the future is truly bright. I think Coach Hinterstocher has really settled into NDSU. I really enjoy him on that sports show on Saturday morning on WDAY. Its the little things and the family atmosphere among the coaches that makes NDSU a great place to be. I think he might be here for awhile.

Greenie
02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Just look what Coach Hinterstocker had done with the program in just 2 years. Starting with giving those seniors a great senior season to another great year this past season. With his new recruits and the addition of Coach Manka for recruiting the future is truly bright. I think Coach Hinterstocher has really settled into NDSU. I really enjoy him on that sports show on Saturday morning on WDAY. Its the little things and the family atmosphere among the coaches that makes NDSU a great place to be. I think he might be here for awhile.

I hope you are right Dormie. Coach H is so talented that I don't think we will have him for more than 5 years. But if that happens that just means NDSU volleyball will have done great things and will be setup nicely for the future.

sambini
02-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Just look what Coach Hinterstocker had done with the program in just 2 years. Starting with giving those seniors a great senior season to another great year this past season. With his new recruits and the addition of Coach Manka for recruiting the future is truly bright. I think Coach Hinterstocher has really settled into NDSU. I really enjoy him on that sports show on Saturday morning on WDAY. Its the little things and the family atmosphere among the coaches that makes NDSU a great place to be. I think he might be here for awhile. Well said Dormie. My daughter went to his camp. And just loved it+++++++