PDA

View Full Version : Pack the BSA 1-25-08

NDSUstudent
01-21-2008, 03:26 AM
The team is going for their third straight win, SDSU is coming to town, and we must protect our house.

roadwarrior
01-21-2008, 03:32 AM
Its rabbit week in Fargo. Wrestling Wed, Mens BB Fri, and Womens BB Sat!

IndyBison
01-21-2008, 04:11 AM
Maybe because I've been out of ND for so long but it's hard for me to think of SDSU as a big rival. They were just another team when we were in the NCC. Has it become a true rival or are we trying to make it one?

TheDoctor
01-21-2008, 04:15 AM
Maybe because I've been out of ND for so long but it's hard for me to think of SDSU as a big rival. They were just another team when we were in the NCC. Has it become a true rival or are we trying to make it one?

You've been out of ND so long. They are really at this point our ONLY rival. ;)

NDSUstudent
01-21-2008, 04:20 AM

Its bigger then what it used to be but isn't quite to the point of where UND was. I doubt it will ever get to that point but at least it isn't the made-up sham that a few thought it would be.

TheDoctor
01-21-2008, 04:23 AM
I'll tell you this. The players believe it is. Most players don't have a clue that we had a rivalry with UND or care for that matter. Steve Walker's ONLY true rivalry in college was with SDSU. ;)

NDSUstudent
01-21-2008, 04:36 AM
I'll tell you this. The players believe it is. Most players don't have a clue that we had a rivalry with UND or care for that matter. Steve Walker's ONLY true rivalry in college was with SDSU. ;)

You can definately tell that it is a big deal to the players, I see a lot of that same intensity when we play SDSU that I used to see when we played UND.

UTH
01-21-2008, 05:05 AM

There's a thread out there somewhere with more information about this subject...

If you need mutual hate to call it a real rivalry, then you're in for a real disappointment. It isn't full of that crazy, stupid hate that was associated with the former rivalry. There is still a healthy respect between the fans of NDSU and SDSU as it stands right now. SDSU's administration has been a good partner since we started the move up to DI and I think that has quite a bit to do with the way this rivalry has been growing.

This rivalry is well on its way to becoming something very special for people all across the Dakotas and the Dakota Marker game has definitely already been marked on my calendar!

56BISON73
01-21-2008, 05:39 AM

It was manufactured in the absence of playing UND. So for the last4-5 years SDSU hasnt been a regular game and has become more of a rival than in the past.. But to me its another conference game and SDSU will never be our TRUE rival . PL

Jdubs21
01-21-2008, 11:31 AM
mainly because UND is an hour away..which does help the cause, but back to back yeaers with SDSU setting attendance records at both stadiums i would think means the rivalry is getting stronger....and in 5 years or more who knows SDSU and might be as big if not a bigger rival than what UND was

roadwarrior
01-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't believe that this rivalry was manufactured. It was more that the rivalry boiled to the top, after the games with UND were terminated. The fact that a trophy was created four years ago for the football game doesnt mean that there wasnt some natural rivalry that existed for a long time. We have been playing SDSU almost as long as we had played UND. It is true that the intensity of the fans for an interstate rivalry may not approach that of an intrastate rivalry, it is a natural rivalry between NDSU and SDSU due to the fact that both are the land grant universities in adjoining states.

SDSU has always drawn a big crowd to basketball games at the BSA. This goes way back into the days in the NCC.

lakesbison
01-21-2008, 04:35 PM
THERE IS MASSIVE HATRED BETWEEN SDSU & NDSU AFTER THAT FOOTBALL GAME THIS FALL.

PLUS the jerks down at the brookings bball game last year, just ask burgandy how big this rivalry became!!!

THE PLACE WILL BE PACKED... LETS SELL THIS MO FO OUT!!

WYOBISONMAN
01-21-2008, 04:44 PM
I remember when I was at NDSU in the 80's, Erv coached the Bison and SDSU games were very intense. At one game, the students threw a dead jackrabbit out on the floor as the announcer was introducing the SDSU starters. That was not manufactured.........that was a rivalry.....

PLUBison
01-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I remember when I was at NDSU in the 80's, Erv coached the Bison and SDSU games were very intense. At one game, the students threw a dead jackrabbit out on the floor as the announcer was introducing the SDSU starters. That was not manufactured.........that was a rivalry.....

I'm pretty sure that was my dad and his frat buddies that through that rabbit. This is a great rivalry for the states of North and South Dakota!!!

onbison09
01-21-2008, 08:21 PM
After the beat us in football I sure hate em. You know it's a rivalry when you can't wait to play them. As for being as big as UND, uhhh no.

bisonhusker
01-21-2008, 09:29 PM
I spoke with Burgundy and Ricky Bobby earlier in the day, and they weren't sure they could bring their kids to this game!!! I think it might be a wild one!

Go Bison.

90BISON
01-22-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm pretty sure that was my dad and his frat buddies that through that rabbit. This is a great rivalry for the states of North and South Dakota!!!

You know how old that statement makes me feel?;) Seein's how I would have been one of those guys at the same time.:nod:

PLUBison
01-22-2008, 01:46 AM
You know how old that statement makes me feel?;) Seein's how I would have been one of those guys at the same time.:nod:

It is really a great story, they had one of the cheerleaders smuggle the decomposing rabbit into the game via her cheer bag. I hope that this rivalry can get that intense again.

Jdubs21
01-22-2008, 03:09 AM
Dont say u hate them, thats a stong word, i feel that both schools have tremendous respect for each other, and each team has helped each other through the transition, but during a game haha the rivalry is deff. there, lol

heymch86
01-22-2008, 03:23 AM
doesn't anyone remember the "tiny scrum" that woodside and that sdsu player got into last year at the BSA? Dre came in there and got away with a nice head slam to floor of a jackrabbit player? Im pumped, i hope we beat them by 30+ but probably unrealistic, they always play us tough.

sambini
01-22-2008, 03:58 AM
I rmember that game Wyoming.

bisoneer
01-26-2008, 03:23 PM
I attended some pretty intense Jack games in the late 70s and yes I did witness a bloodied rabbit tossed on the floor, no techincal called that time as far as I remember, I was in the band and we did a few pregame warmups if you know what I mean.

An alumni friend of mine from the early 70s said he was at a game in the old field house and someone tossed a beer can on the floor and the refs called a technical on the home team and we lost the game. Now students, dont get any dumb ideas from this!!!!!!!!!!!