PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with this?

Mr. Burgundy
01-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Is this dirty recruiting? Promising a kid something like this???? I am guessing this will start a decent debate.

Like it or not, agree or disagree....Bohl doesn't recruit like that. They are a long ways from a retractable roof. Sounds like a great kid, and a good fit for UND, but I don't like the final comments of this article....that I cut and pasted.
__________________________________________________ ___________

-Mark down three commitments to the University of North Dakota from the state of Wisconsin's class of 2008. Already holding verbal commitments from Stevens Point running back Mitch Sutton and Ashwaubenon defensive lineman Kyle Cavil, the Fighting Sioux have now added Menomonie wide receiver Jon Heimler (6-3, 189) to their list of verbal pledges.

“I just committed to North Dakota,” Heimler told WisFootball.net Sunday afternoon.

There were a number of factors that entered into his decision and Heimler discussed each of them.

Facilities - “The facilities there were great and most of them very new. They are also about to build a brand new indoor practice field as well as a brand new stadium with a retractable roof.”

CaBisonFan
01-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Is this dirty recruiting? Promising a kid something like this???? I am guessing this will start a decent debate.

Like it or not, agree or disagree....Bohl doesn't recruit like that. They are a long ways from a retractable roof. Sounds like a great kid, and a good fit for UND, but I don't like the final comments of this article....that I cut and pasted.

-Mark down three commitments to the University of North Dakota from the state of Wisconsin's class of 2008. Already holding verbal commitments from Stevens Point running back Mitch Sutton and Ashwaubenon defensive lineman Kyle Cavil, the Fighting Sioux have now added Menomonie wide receiver Jon Heimler (6-3, 189) to their list of verbal pledges.

“I just committed to North Dakota,” Heimler told WisFootball.net Sunday afternoon.

There were a number of factors that entered into his decision and Heimler discussed each of them.

Facilities - “The facilities there were great and most of them very new. They are also about to build a brand new indoor practice field as well as a brand new stadium with a retractable roof.”

Is Ralph still alive? Or Betty? Is she going to get the money for them?

If not...I wish them luck.

It could be a cold day in hell. Nice promise. They might wanna follow through now.

bizongrad83
01-20-2008, 10:42 PM
The indoor facility is a reality. The retractable roof is a long term goal, and I mean long term and probably unrealistic. The recruits know the practice facility will happen during their time, but not the retractable roof. The UND coaches are not telling recruits they will be playing in a new stadium.

Mr. Burgundy
01-20-2008, 10:55 PM
To take a line from my favorite movie...."That's bush league." You know damn well they are recruiting with that, and it won't happen. If you read Sue Sports, there is a guy who posted an email from Dale Lennon that basically states that the tin shed is good for now, but down the road, they may reach a point where it is too small....that is a far cry from telling a recruit they will have a retractable roof in GF. PLEASE.

Trust me, we aren't telling our hoops recruits we are going to have a new facility. It MIGHT happen, but nothing is set in stone....and they take a while to be constructed.

Stay Classy Grand Forks....another line from Anchorman. I may finally agree with 56Bison91, UND is our rival, this stuff just reminds me how much I hate them. GO BISON. No false promises. You want to play here? Great. You are 5th on the depth chart. We are going for a national title. Back to cheering for the Giants.

Bisonguy
01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
To take a line from my favorite movie...."That's bush league." You know damn well they are recruiting with that, and it won't happen. If you read Sue Sports, there is a guy who posted an email from Dale Lennon that basically states that the tin shed is good for now, but down the road, they may reach a point where it is too small....that is a far cry from telling a recruit they will have a retractable roof in GF. PLEASE.

Trust me, we aren't telling our hoops recruits we are going to have a new facility. It MIGHT happen, but nothing is set in stone....and they take a while to be constructed.

Stay Classy Grand Forks....another line from Anchorman. I may finally agree with 56Bison91, UND is our rival, this stuff just reminds me how much I hate them. GO BISON. No false promises. You want to play here? Great. You are 5th on the depth chart. We are going for a national title. Back to cheering for the Giants.

You also have to keep in mind that Lennon was telling recruits they were going DI right after NDSU made the announcement. :nod:

Mr. Burgundy
01-21-2008, 12:31 AM
A Bison fan posted this on the Siouxsports page and they asked if we were "getting jealous." UGGHH.

"Did I say you'd play under a retractable roof? I am sorry, I meant you'd be playing under a tin roof."

TheBisonator
01-21-2008, 12:46 AM
A Bison fan posted this on the Siouxsports page and they asked if we were "getting jealous." UGGHH.

"Did I say you'd play under a retractable roof? I am sorry, I meant you'd be playing under a tin roof."

I just saw that posted on SS and was going to comment on that. Do they evn have 1 percent of the money raised towards that?? Um, NO. I wouldn't worry about whay they have to say anyway. Their new indoor practice faciliuty won't be built until I'm LONG GONE from NDSU, and their retractable roof fantasy will never happen.

Bison101
01-21-2008, 12:46 AM

Teh University has dug themselves a big hole! Well, actually they just made it deeper! :D

NorthernBison
01-21-2008, 12:50 AM
The kid must have been reading the message boards.

Never is a long time but, I'll make a prediction that UND will never build a football facility with a retractable roof. I thin it is even a million to one long shot for Fargo.

bizongrad83
01-21-2008, 12:58 AM
You are making a mountain out of a molehill. No recruits believe they will be playing under a retractable roof. Enough already.

Da Bison
01-21-2008, 01:02 AM
When I saw that comment I thought of the taxpayers of GF. They are paying for the tin shed already, and now the whioux are telling recruits that they will be playing in a $300million stadium.
As was asked previously, who is going to pay for it?
What will they do with the tin shed when the whioux walk away from their contract.
It reminds me of how they treated the tribes & never followed through with the promises.

UTH
01-21-2008, 01:12 AM
You are making a mountain out of a molehill. No recruits believe they will be playing under a retractable roof. Enough already.

You beat me to it. If some potential recruit actually believes these fairy tales, he is very unlikely to even meet NDSU's academic standards. For naive kids like this, they are competing more against the likes of Northern Minnesota College of the Mentally Challenged and the Phoenix Ocean-Front Technical Institute for their recruits.

Jdubs21
01-21-2008, 02:15 AM
HaHa I find it funny that alot of you that were saying in another thread that you are over UND and dont ever want to play them again and how we have moved on are sitting on their fricken boards wondering who they are recruitng and what facilities they have.....ENOUGH ALREADY, u know u want bison/sioux back haha

NDSUstudent
01-21-2008, 02:38 AM
You also have to keep in mind that Lennon was telling recruits they were going DI right after NDSU made the announcement. :nod:

Don't forget just a month or so ago Lennon was telling recruits that Bohl had his bags all packed and was ready to leave at anytime. They'll say anything up north to get recruits, that is just how desperate they are.

UTH
01-21-2008, 02:41 AM
HaHa I find it funny that alot of you that were saying in another thread that you are over UND and dont ever want to play them again and how we have moved on are sitting on their fricken boards wondering who they are recruitng and what facilities they have.....ENOUGH ALREADY, u know u want bison/sioux back haha

I went back through this thread and counted 2 people who fessed up to actually 'going there'. Shame on them, but how does that total out to 'alot of you'?

This thread has little to do with scheduling a football game. It has everything to do with recruiting and the underhanded tactics that some institutions allegedly use.

DIBISON
01-21-2008, 02:42 AM
Ya jdubs, I want them back so the Bison can play under a retractable roof. What a joke.....

Mr. Burgundy
01-21-2008, 02:46 AM
I hadn't been to Siouxsports ever until about a month ago. Since then...addiction. Not sure why. I follow recruiting very closely and track the three schools (our second rival...ha....SDSU)....I think I need to quit. When I read that this kid is already talking about a retractable roof....yikes. Even the most honest Sioux backer would admit that it is a possibility and nothing more at this point. It is clearly a sales pitch during a very difficult recruiting time.
It's like telling your wife that you are moving into your dream lake cabin. Well, I have drawings.....

UTH
01-21-2008, 02:48 AM

And I'll venture a guess that one of those 'a lot of you' people just might prefer to schedule a game.

56BISON73
01-21-2008, 03:00 AM
And I'll venture a guess that one of those 'a lot of you' people just might prefer to schedule a game.

Who ya wanna play??????:D :D PL

UTH
01-21-2008, 03:12 AM
Who ya wanna play??????:D :D PL

Finish the regular season w/ a victory over the Jacks.:nod:

Finish the playoffs w/ a victory over the FCS Runner-Ups.:nod:

--------anyway...--------

Back to the topic at hand - did you ever hear any silly claims? Anybody else hear anything stupid?

HerdBot
01-21-2008, 01:52 PM

Yeah and maybe their children will get to play in it in 2027. If they are saying that, it borders on being unethical. Of course you can understand why they would say that given the dump they play in.

WYOBISONMAN
01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
I think I would be willing to wager my left testical that the retractible roof does not happen at UND.......what a lie, what a joke.:smh:

Bison Dan
01-21-2008, 02:30 PM
I'd forget about und and their methods of recruiting. Of all their vebals so far there are only a couple that NDSU were interested in.

bisonhusker
01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I guess if you aren't eligible for the playoffs, have no athletic director in place, no president, you start grabbing for straws. The kids quote is pretty bizarre to say the least, but I have to agree with Bison Dan, the two schools aren't recruiting the same kids.

Tatanka
01-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Glad to see the long-standing and well-entrenched tradition of douchebaggery is alive and well amidst all of the changes at teh university.

As for this latest shart stain to soil their virtual whitey-tighties, I'm betting that someone's already working on the grant application as we speak. They'll get their handout from somewhere, and you and I will end up paying for it. It's just the way things are done up nort. :smh:

Jdubs21
01-21-2008, 11:14 PM
I guarantee you if we had more than 12 schollies our recruiting class would be twice as amazing as it already is

90BISON
01-22-2008, 12:26 AM
I think I would be willing to wager my left testical that the retractible roof does not happen at UND.......what a lie, what a joke.:smh:

Would that be the former or the latter.:D :D

90BISON
01-22-2008, 12:35 AM
I guess if you aren't eligible for the playoffs, have no athletic director in place, no president, you start grabbing for straws. The kids quote is pretty bizarre to say the least, but I have to agree with Bison Dan, the two schools aren't recruiting the same kids.

I would think they would have used the "You'll be playing in front of hundreds, I mean thousands(singular) of people every weekend", before they used the "new stadium" card. "OK we mislead you a little bit, that will only be during the playoffs for the WCHA, I mean FCS playoffs, that we're eligible for starting in 2009":D

UTH
01-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Would that be the former or the latter.:D :D

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Khalidsheikhmohammedohsnapmugshot.gif

90BISON
01-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Glad to see the long-standing and well-entrenched tradition of douchebaggery is alive and well amidst all of the changes at teh university.

As for this latest shart stain to soil their virtual whitey-tighties, I'm betting that someone's already working on the grant application as we speak. They'll get their handout from somewhere, and you and I will end up paying for it. It's just the way things are done up nort. :smh:

"Douchebaggery" is like my favorite new word. I think that is a UNDTH creation isn't it?:D

Bisonguy
01-22-2008, 03:01 AM
"Douchebaggery" is like my favorite new word. I think that is a UNDTH creation isn't it?:D

I believe "Douchebaggery" is yet another Tatanka original (at least on Bisonville), much like the ++. The first ten references of "Douchebaggery" on Bisonville were all from Tatanka.

UTH
01-22-2008, 03:05 AM

While this wonderful word has been an integral part of my vocabulary since maybe the mid-90s, I'm pretty sure its use on Bisonville goes back almost as far. Did a quick search and it seems that Tatanka first used it loooong before I started posting on a daily basis here. [linky (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4870)]

*but i'm sure we can all agree that its application is proper in this thread.

bizongrad83
01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Found this on Siouxsports. The post was from Marlin Lee who interviewed Heimler for Wissports.net.

To help put some of this stuff to rest...Heimler wasn't misquoted. What was written was exactly what he said. I've also received a statement from Heimler (who reads this forum) about this matter.

Message from Jon Heimler to me:
"Reading through the North Dakota forums it seems like I have created quite a bit of conrtoversy about the whole retractable roof stadium deal. That's not going to be up in my career there and i knew that. The indoor practise stadium will be however."

Hope that helps end some of this bickering.

90BISON
01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I believe "Douchebaggery" is yet another Tatanka original (at least on Bisonville), much like the ++. The first ten references of "Douchebaggery" on Bisonville were all from Tatanka.

I stand corrected, actually I wasn't really sure anyway. Gotta give credit where credit is due.:nod: Didn't know Tatanka was such a gifted linguist.;)

TransAmBison
01-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I stand corrected, actually I wasn't really sure anyway. Gotta give credit where credit is due.:nod: Didn't know Tatanka was such a gifted linguist.;)
He is a cunning linguist and a master debator! :D

90BISON
01-22-2008, 06:36 PM

Leave it to TAB.:D :D

Tatanka
01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Niiiiiiiiiice....:)