I'm not a Packers fan...

...but it was VERY.... cool.

Shiver

Rockbear99
01-21-2008, 03:01 AM
nothing the packers do is cool.

roadwarrior
01-21-2008, 03:01 AM
I heard "GO PACK GO", but not Green and Gold.

UTH
01-21-2008, 03:03 AM
"We Are.....Friggin' Gold.........We Are.......Friggin' Gold"

Several times.

Fixed it for you - at least what I was hearing.:D

CaBisonFan
01-21-2008, 03:55 AM

Hey...I have no argument. I'm not a fan. Just liked the cheer.

sambini
01-21-2008, 04:45 AM
I heard "GO PACK GO", but not Green and Gold. I heard that also Road.

UTH
01-21-2008, 05:05 AM

Hey, remember tonight's loss? I thought that was pretty cool.:nod: :D :nod:

56BISON73
01-21-2008, 05:26 AM
"We Are.....Green & Gold.........We Are.......Green & Gold"

Several times.

They're waiting for the team.

I'm not a Packers fan...

...but it was VERY.... cool.

Shiver

Ive never heard that cheer before. PL

56BISON73
01-21-2008, 05:29 AM

The Pack pretty much pissed up a rope tonight. Very surpised on how ineffectual they were. The Giants took there running game away and Farve didnt play well. Congrats to the Giants and there offense. Excellent game on your part. PL

CaBisonFan
01-21-2008, 06:32 AM

cool...indeed

CaBisonFan
01-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Ive never heard that cheer before. PL

Teams were in the locker just before game time. Nothing going on the field. The crowd started yelling it together.

I've seen something close to that at UCLA basketball games. It comes from the dynasty days as a carryover. It gets a little more arrogant.

A booster=type runs down on the floor with a basketball. He asks what he's holding...'that is a basketball.' He points to the court...'that is a basketball floor'.....he points to the visiting team and says 'who it that?'...."that, is the losing team'.....then he points to the Bruins and asks the same question...then all hell breaks loose....'we are the Bruins, we are the Bruins, etc, etc.'

I've been to a ton of bowl games and ncaa tournament games. I like the 'We are' type of cheers. It solidifies the crowd. Everyone gets totally into it.

Just an idea. First time I saw it was in about 1980 when UCLA took 2nd in the Final Four. About 15,000 people stood and watched silently as the Bruin crowd took the place over. Both bands stopped. It's called havin' attitude.

lakesbison
01-21-2008, 01:13 PM
THANK YOU FOOTBALL GODS!!

THAT INTERCEPTION COULD'NT OF BEEN SCRIPTED ANY BETTER FOR ME!!!

HA HA!! BYE BYE FARVE.

p.s- did he throw his wide receiver under the bus yet and blame him?

bisonmike2
01-21-2008, 07:45 PM
THANK YOU FOOTBALL GODS!!

THAT INTERCEPTION COULD'NT OF BEEN SCRIPTED ANY BETTER FOR ME!!!

HA HA!! BYE BYE FARVE.

p.s- did he throw his wide receiver under the bus yet and blame him?

He kinda did. "It was a shake route. Donald ran it more like an out, which was fine. It just didn't get out far enough. It's too bad." - Brett Farve
No Brett, it was a shitty throw you shouldn't have thrown and you got picked off. You should have been pick off about 3 more times during the game.

/disgruntled packer fan who has had it with Farve self destructing in big games.

56BISON73
01-21-2008, 07:57 PM
He kinda did. "It was a shake route. Donald ran it more like an out, which was fine. It just didn't get out far enough. It's too bad." - Brett Farve
No Brett, it was a shitty throw you shouldn't have thrown and you got picked off. You should have been pick off about 3 more times during the game.

/disgruntled packer fan who has had it with Farve self destructing in big games.

The Packers played like shit and still it went into OT.
Farve has a history of pressing too hard to try and make something happen. Unfortunately something does happen but its usually bad.
Now I will have to root for the Pats to go undefeated. PL

onbison09
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Actually the chant was "We are!!" "G-Force!!" I'm a Packers fan and I don't even know what the hell that means. Pretty stupid. Packer fans are really loyal. They were out there at 9 tailgating. 74,000 people on the season ticket waiting list. Also have been sold out since 1960. Packers played like crap and deseved to lose. I hope the coach is happy that his pride cost his team a chance at the super bowl. Buress was working Al Harris aka "I talk smack but can't back it up" but McCarthy refused to double him. Also he didn't make enough commitment to the running game. I know the Giants were shutting him down but nobody can be successful running it once every 2 series. You need to get him in a groove. Farve said it was a bad throw on his part, didn't blame Driver. I'm tired of him choking away games. Lee was wide open and he didn't go for him. But hey at least we made it farther than the Vikes. Thanks for listening to my rant. On the bright side, If the Giants do the impossible does Dalher get a Super Bowl ring?

onbison09
01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Update!! Apparently G Force is the name the Packer organization gave to the fans.

UTH
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
If the Giants do the impossible does Dalher get a Super Bowl ring?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/tombradybragay.jpg guarantees victory, so there is no need to answer that question. However, he is feeling so confident of victory that he has promised to buy a ring for every single NY Giants player, past and present if the Patriots lose. That should answer that.

NDB2 said in another thread: ""The team did not release a list of ring recipients, but all 53 players who were on the active roster for the Super Bowl, along with the eight-man practice squad and players on the injured reserve list, received the deluxe, "first-tier" ring."

Even still, where is the rule that says so?

aces1180
01-21-2008, 08:42 PM
The Packers played like shit and still it went into OT.
Farve has a history of pressing too hard to try and make something happen. Unfortunately something does happen but its usually bad.
Now I will have to root for the Pats to go undefeated. PL

I think they should have tried to run with Grant a little more.

WRSDBison
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM

Are you sure they weren't saying "We Are.......Friggin' COLD.......We Are Friggin' COLD"

Hammersmith
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
[
NDB2 said in another thread: ""The team did not release a list of ring recipients, but all 53 players who were on the active roster for the Super Bowl, along with the eight-man practice squad and players on the injured reserve list, received the deluxe, "first-tier" ring."

Even still, where is the rule that says so?

I asked a friend of mine(who follows stuff like this more than I do) about this and he told me that it's up to the team owner to decide exactly who gets rings, since they are the ones who pay for them. Players who actually play in the game are virtually guaranteed rings, as are those who suit up. Pretty much anything beyond that is owners discretion. Some owners go so far as to give rings to players who were traded to other teams during the year. I suppose there are cases on the opposite side from really stingy owners, but I don't know for certain.

UTH
01-21-2008, 09:15 PM

Are you sure they weren't saying "We Are.......Friggin' COLD.......We Are Friggin' COLD"

Sometimes it's so friggin' cold that all you can do is produce the basic shape (read sound) of a letter to convey the intended message.

*either that, or somebody didn't care to take the time to change every word.:blush:

tcbison
01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
The better team won the game. Actually, this win was predicted in a movie 20 years ago. Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz3szt_fDkE

onbison09
01-22-2008, 11:25 PM
The better team won the game. Actually, this win was predicted in a movie 20 years ago. Classic.

That's scary.

NDSUFREAK
01-23-2008, 01:31 AM
lets do it.

NDSUFREAK
01-23-2008, 01:32 AM

and if you watch the first part of I am Legend, during the news recording on the ticker it says the Giants lose to the patriots for the 2nd time this season 23-7

onbison09
01-23-2008, 02:31 AM
lets do it.
Good luck getting that started. Hate to be a downer, but you're pulling teeth just to get a Let's go Bison chant started. (we all know why)