PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Part of the Fargodome

Bison101
01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
With all this talk of the Fargodome, whether we should keep playing in it, and the atmosphere, I thought this would be a good thread to create.

What's your favorite part of the dome? Is it the band? The pre-game show? The tailgating? The student section?

My favorite part about it is that it's bigger than the Alerus Center.

Mr_Meanor
01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
I guess I don't see why that matters. Who cares if its bigger than the alerus center. I think the dome is nice but I prefer outdoor football. My favorite part of the dome is tailgating out in the parking lots.

NDSUstudent
01-20-2008, 07:01 PM
The sightlines, I don't know if there is a bad seat in the place.

sambini
01-20-2008, 07:55 PM
My two seats for Bison football.

travelingbison
01-20-2008, 07:56 PM
It hard to have just one favorite:

1 - Seeing the dome full for football games. Not that long ago, it was hard to get to half-capacity. The atmosphere is more intense with more fans in the stands (even if they are reading books). The only colors I want to see are green and yellow - not blocks of blue or red seats.

2 - The Star Spangled Banner. Nothing makes me shiver more than hearing the student section yell ....and the home of the "BISON!"

3 - I agree with NDSUstudent on this, I'm yet to find a bad seat in the whole house. No one likes obstructed views and the dome does a fine job preventing that.

met1990
01-20-2008, 09:26 PM
My favorite part is the security.

TransAmBison
01-21-2008, 12:14 AM
My favorite part is the security.
++++++++++++++++ :rofl:

TheBisonator
01-21-2008, 01:10 AM
I like the fact that it looks like a small version of an NFL stadium. The 4 videoboards and renovated concourses make it look real nice. When I walk around the concourses, I feel like I'm inside a DI football stadium. Maybe a low-tier FBS stadium, but an elite FCS one at the very least.

UTH
01-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Before game: Tailgating lot. :bong:

During game: View of the field. http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/popc1bp3.gif

After game: The scoreboard. http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/19.gif

Ferd
01-21-2008, 03:14 AM
Not having to wear Moon Boots to the game... and being able to spit my seeds without having them freeze to my beard.

UTH
01-21-2008, 03:18 AM
Not having to wear Moon Boots to the game... and being able to spit my seeds without having them freeze to my beard.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Now, that's a visual!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bisonmike2
01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
It hard to have just one favorite:

1 - Seeing the dome full for football games. Not that long ago, it was hard to get to half-capacity. The atmosphere is more intense with more fans in the stands (even if they are reading books). The only colors I want to see are green and yellow - not blocks of blue or red seats.

2 - The Star Spangled Banner. Nothing makes me shiver more than hearing the student section yell ....and the home of the "BISON!"

3 - I agree with NDSUstudent on this, I'm yet to find a bad seat in the whole house. No one likes obstructed views and the dome does a fine job preventing that.

easily my favorite part. And in 2009 - being able to buy beer at the games!

aces1180
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
easily my favorite part. And in 2009 - being able to buy beer at the games!

We can dream, can't we...Unless you know something I don't ;)

bisonmike2
01-21-2008, 09:06 PM
We can dream, can't we...Unless you know something I don't ;)

Nope. The only thing I know is that I like beer and I would really like to drink beer during the games.

tjbison
01-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Nope. The only thing I know is that I like beer and I would really like to drink beer during the games.

Might have to add a Jail cell, if beer gets sold the dome Nazi's will be draggin people out left and right. I'll vote for it:nod:

chuckles
01-22-2008, 03:55 AM
has to be the intro, the place goes dark, the videoboards, the (needs to be louder) music, the spotlights circulating, and the tunnel walk.

Only thing better than this is when the Bison win!

SlickVic
01-22-2008, 11:05 AM
the scoreboard ;)

cbline
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Call me a sentimental fool, but I enjoy singing "The Yellow and the Green". As an NDSU alum, it reminds me of my ongoing connection to the university and of some very fond memories of my time there.

Herd Mentality
01-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I'd have to say it would be the quick response time by Fargo PD members inside the dome...

My second favorite part...having a seat right in front of the opposing kicker's net.

The FargoDome is a good venue. I hope everyone has attended games at both the Alerus and the Dome, you'll appreciate the Dome so much more.

BigBison
01-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Theres so many things I like about the Dome but one thing that comes to mind is the smell, I'm not sure what it is, I think its the roasted nuts stand. But when I smell that smell I know its Bison Football.
I also like how the fans can bring in flags and horns without getting them taken away, i.e. metrodome.
Another thing is the concourse, I like looking at the pictures of the floods, blizzards, NDSU sports, and the history of farming on the prairie.
Those are some of the small things that I like about the FFD.

WYOBISONMAN
01-23-2008, 02:34 AM
Clearly for me, number one is tailgating with a bunch of fun and fantastic Bison fans!!!! And.......Nothing beats SDBison on top of the motorhome leading the "Let's Go Bison" cheer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod:

onbison09
01-23-2008, 02:54 AM
roasted nuts, concourse, thundar, gold star band, all good answers but it has to be the tunnel walk