PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown Bus Trip!!!

lakesbison
01-18-2008, 01:15 PM
OK, at the basketball Bisonville party last night, YOUNGSTOWN STATE Bus trip was discussed.

Its the 1st Gateway Game on the road for NDSU, and I have been spreading the word about people going out to Youngstown and it seems like to have some steam.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY BUS CONNECTIONS with Anderson Bus, or Fargo Companies??

Leave Fargo Friday 8am, through Chicago into Youngstown about 1Am. Quick Sleep, up at 9am to tailgate for 1pm game, Drive back Sunday morning???

1040 miles. 14 hours @ 70mph. OUCH!

2: Turn LEFT onto UNIVERSITY DR N / US-81 BR S. 2.0 miles Map

3: Merge onto I-94 E / US-52 E toward MINNEAPOLIS (Crossing into MINNESOTA). 224.9 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-694 E via the exit on the LEFT. 23.8 miles Map

5: Merge onto I-94 E via EXIT 58B toward MADISON (Crossing into WISCONSIN). 248.6 miles Map

6: I-94 E becomes I-90 E (Portions toll) (Crossing into ILLINOIS). 150.3 miles Map

7: Keep LEFT to take I-90 E via EXIT 59A toward INDIANA TOLL RD (Portions toll) (Passing through INDIANA- then crossing into OHIO). 306.0 miles Map

8: Merge onto I-80 E (Portions toll). 76.2 miles Map

9: Merge onto I-80 E via EXIT 218 toward YOUNGSTOWN. 5.6 miles Map

10: Merge onto I-680 S via EXIT 224B toward YOUNGSTOWN. 6.0 miles

p,s- if this falls through, Slick promised to rent a LIMO the whole way with 8 bisonville VIPS.

lakesbison
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?retrieveParams=true&z=8df5&r=1&z=8df7&r=3&lastPage=interstitial

MSP to CLEVELAND $250/person.

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN

Bison_HD
01-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I think the more fans that can get out to Youngstown the better.

bisonaudit
01-18-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm coming up from DC!

heckler
01-18-2008, 11:21 PM
If money wasnt an issue I would so go but being a college student kind of sucks...

SlickVic
01-18-2008, 11:50 PM
If money wasnt an issue I would so go but being a college student kind of sucks...

shoulda played the toronto rapters tonight -6 1/2 money in the bank

Bison101
01-19-2008, 12:23 AM
I voted for the limo!

It's time to show these penguins some real style!

lakesbison
01-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Ok.. lets do this!!!

roadwarrior
01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
One free tip to anyone arranging a bus trip: Collect the money up front from those that say, "Yeah I'm going!".

WYOBISONMAN
01-21-2008, 02:23 PM
My option.......airplane from Salt Lake City to Cleveland.

IndyBison
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
I had not looked that closely at the schedule but I may have to go now too.

I checked the YSU site and found this release (http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/2007/attendance.htm) about average attendance in the FCS this year. I assume NDSU was not included because they are still in transition, but we would have been in the top 10 as well correct? The capacity is 20,000 and they averaged 16,000. Sounds like some good crowds.

It looks like Youngstown is about 5 hours from my house so I'll need to leave pretty early (can't go Friday night as I officiate HS football). I may just have to do that.

UTH
01-21-2008, 07:43 PM

I checked the YSU site and found this release (http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/2007/attendance.htm) about average attendance in the FCS this year. I assume NDSU was not included because they are still in transition, but we would have been in the top 10 as well correct? The capacity is 20,000 and they averaged 16,000. Sounds like some good crowds.

It looks like Youngstown is about 5 hours from my house so I'll need to leave pretty early (can't go Friday night as I officiate HS football). I may just have to do that.

:D :nod: :D It appears that you have no choice.:D :nod: :D

That's a heck of a drive to do on gameday, though. May you plan it well and may the roads be clear.

bisonmike2
01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
will this bus be going through the twin cities?

WestDakotaBison
01-21-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't mean to creep, but I may have a solution for you gentlemen. I happen to know the owners/operators of Richards Transportation over in Mhd and they do owe me a rather large favor. Let me make some calls.

UTH
01-21-2008, 07:53 PM
will this bus be going through the twin cities?

It appears to be a magic bus, route unknown, at this point. A proper prayer to and sacrifice for the right travel gods and you shall receive.

BisonBabe
01-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't mean to creep, but I may have a solution for you gentlemen. I happen to know the owners/operators of Richards Transportation over in Mhd and they do owe me a rather large favor. Let me make some calls.

Eagerly awaiting the details.

lakesbison
01-21-2008, 09:00 PM
yes details, details.

Im thinking 2-3 busses should work,

Bisonville Bus Tour 2008 !!!

tell Richards they will can have all the banner ads on bisonville they want if he hooks us up with low prices!!!

Hammersmith
01-21-2008, 09:07 PM

If NDSU had counted, we would've been 7th and bumped Youngstown down to 10th.

Also, I can't commit, but I'm interested in the trip.

BraxtonT
01-22-2008, 01:12 AM
My option.......airplane from Salt Lake City to Cleveland.

Wyoming,

Sounds like a great idea to fly to Cleveland. How about fly on Friday, stay in Cleveland for the Tigers- Indians game that night and drive to Youngstown on Saturday morning?

That's my plan right now. I'm just praying I don't have a coaching commitment that weekend!

Bisontug
01-22-2008, 02:54 AM
Wyoming,

Sounds like a great idea to fly to Cleveland. How about fly on Friday, stay in Cleveland for the Tigers- Indians game that night and drive to Youngstown on Saturday morning?

That's my plan right now. I'm just praying I don't have a coaching commitment that weekend!

Greetings all.... long time reader, first time posting... I hadn't even looked at Cleveland's schedule yet. I was planning on staying in Pittsburgh, taking in an Astros game and taking in the road opener at YSU... what a start to the Gateway !! Should be awesome !! :)

roadwarrior
01-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Just booked my air travel for this trip! I'll meet the bus in Youngstown!

Jdubs21
01-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Dumb question but what city is it in? Im gonna buy airfare

Bisonguy
01-22-2008, 03:29 AM
Youngstown, OH.

Jdubs21
01-22-2008, 03:53 AM
There gonna be reserved section for us bison fans at their stadium...or is it to early to know any of those details?

HerdBot
01-22-2008, 03:58 AM
OK, at the basketball Bisonville party last night, YOUNGSTOWN STATE Bus trip was discussed.

Its the 1st Gateway Game on the road for NDSU, and I have been spreading the word about people going out to Youngstown and it seems like to have some steam.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY BUS CONNECTIONS with Anderson Bus, or Fargo Companies??

Leave Fargo Friday 8am, through Chicago into Youngstown about 1Am. Quick Sleep, up at 9am to tailgate for 1pm game, Drive back Sunday morning???

1040 miles. 14 hours @ 70mph. OUCH!

2: Turn LEFT onto UNIVERSITY DR N / US-81 BR S. 2.0 miles Map

3: Merge onto I-94 E / US-52 E toward MINNEAPOLIS (Crossing into MINNESOTA). 224.9 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-694 E via the exit on the LEFT. 23.8 miles Map

5: Merge onto I-94 E via EXIT 58B toward MADISON (Crossing into WISCONSIN). 248.6 miles Map

6: I-94 E becomes I-90 E (Portions toll) (Crossing into ILLINOIS). 150.3 miles Map

7: Keep LEFT to take I-90 E via EXIT 59A toward INDIANA TOLL RD (Portions toll) (Passing through INDIANA- then crossing into OHIO). 306.0 miles Map

8: Merge onto I-80 E (Portions toll). 76.2 miles Map

9: Merge onto I-80 E via EXIT 218 toward YOUNGSTOWN. 5.6 miles Map

10: Merge onto I-680 S via EXIT 224B toward YOUNGSTOWN. 6.0 miles

p,s- if this falls through, Slick promised to rent a LIMO the whole way with 8 bisonville VIPS.

Typically I'll hit up 1 or 2 road games per year. This year it will be Northern Iowa. I might make the trip to Youngstown but it's a pretty darn long drive. I'll probably cave in and go when it's a few weeks out.

Next year (2009) it will be SDSU and Iowa State.

How many people do you need to make it worth while?

lakesbison
01-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Im guessing 50-60 for 1 bus????

100+ for 2 busses?

Im pretty serious about this, I know I can get 10-20 people FOR SURE, if we could get 30-40 off bisonville, this would work out.

we are waitin on someone with some connections. should be interesting!!

TheDoctor
01-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Greetings all.... long time reader, first time posting... I hadn't even looked at Cleveland's schedule yet. I was planning on staying in Pittsburgh, taking in an Astros game and taking in the road opener at YSU... what a start to the Gateway !! Should be awesome !! :)

Rob Hunt...is this you????????????? ;)

Bisontug
01-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Rob Hunt...is this you????????????? ;)

Sorry B1SON.... Rob Hunt, I am not..... just a Chiefs fan :nod:

footballfan
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
A trip to Youngstown is a great experience....I was there last year when SDSU played YSU. Wonderful stadium, they sit the visiting fans on the student side way at the end. Sight lines from there are not great, what is impressive is looking across the field at the home side with the suites at the top. You will enjoy your trip there.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

bisonaudit
01-22-2008, 03:01 PM

Beautiful ballpark in Pittsburgh. Of course Cleveland's is very nice as well, and #48 isn't bad either.

TheDoctor
01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Sorry B1SON.... Rob Hunt, I am not..... just a Chiefs fan :nod:

Bummer! I thought it was worth a try! ;)

lakesbison
01-24-2008, 09:03 PM
at Teammakers there was talk about the bus trip, but seems most people would lean towards a charter to cleveland. I dunno about that, the drunken bus from bisonville sounds like more fun to me.

Envision "SLAPSHOT" the movie, with the busses rolling into Youngstown and Slick and B1SON's and Bisonbabe's Rear end's hanging out mooning everyone!

ha ha.

WestDakotaBison
02-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys on this. I talked to the guys over at Richards yesterday. I told them we'd leave Friday afternoonish, roll in late, up early to tailgate and back after the game. They said that if we go that route it's going to be spendy cuz they'll have to send two drivers with. He said it would almost be cheaper(in regards to the charter bus) to stay another night following the game and head back early sunday morning. He's going to run some official numbers for me, hopefully have them to me in the next week or so.

Herd
02-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Can I get on the bus in MSP?

bisoner1011
02-17-2008, 04:29 AM
can the bus pick me up in milwaukee on the way through?

unbison
02-17-2008, 03:25 PM
hey lakes i love to put a damper in your plan..... but a single driver cannot drive that far ..... commercial driving rules.... so u need to hire two drivers .... a bus cannot average 70 mph.... weigh stations and fuel requirements but nice thinking......u would have to leave thursday night.... and could be back late sunday..... if u left right after the game

lakesbison
02-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Ok Debbie Downer. . . . PLAN B. . . which 1 of those kick ass bison tailgate busses can make it to ysu and back?

Mr. Burgundy
02-18-2008, 01:57 AM
welcome to the board unbison.....and in the other corner Lakesbison!!!!

unbison
02-18-2008, 06:56 AM
i ALREADY BEAT UP LAKES..

HE'S A PUSSY!!

TheDoctor
02-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Nothing like making a splash in your 1st 5 posts on the board!!!!!!!!! ;)

BlueBisonRock
02-18-2008, 05:00 PM
i ALREADY BEAT UP LAKES..

HE'S A PUSSY!!

Personally, I don't care for a lot of Lakes’ posts. However, I come to this board for information about Bison athletics. I understand that there will be differences in opinion and I accept that each of us does have a right to state that opinion. In my case, I prefer that the statement be backed by facts.

Maintaining this forum as a trusted source of good information and as a location where differences of opinion is encouraged as well as accepted by most of the posters on this forum.

This series of replies as well as the playground name calling in a few other posts are stealing the objectivity of this forum with attempts at intimidation. Let’s realize that this forum is built around the BISON and does require a level of civility that is missing here.

Frankly, it really doesn't matter who has the bigger dick. What does matter is pride in NDSU.

TransAmBison
02-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Personally, I don't care for a lot of Lakes’ posts. However, I come to this board for information about Bison athletics. I understand that there will be differences in opinion and I accept that each of us does have a right to state that opinion. In my case, I prefer that the statement be backed by facts.

Maintaining this forum as a trusted source of good information and as a location where differences of opinion is encouraged as well as accepted by most of the posters on this forum.

This series of replies as well as the playground name calling in a few other posts are stealing the objectivity of this forum with attempts at intimidation. Let’s realize that this forum is built around the BISON and does require a level of civility that is missing here.

Frankly, it really doesn't matter who has the bigger dick. What does matter is pride in NDSU.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

sambini
02-18-2008, 06:24 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Wacker and I have drank from a boot like that in Scottsdale,AZ. And my oh my....

TransAmBison
02-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Wacker and I have drank from a boot like that in Scottsdale,AZ. And my oh my....
My father-in-law and I polished off the boot right after taking that picture. My wife and I had just gotten back from a night of drinking and playing pool. The boot sure topped off an already good night! DAS BOOT!!!

SDbison
02-19-2008, 01:39 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++
So what is wrong with Lakes posts in this thread? At least he is trying to organize a road trip? What are the rest of you doing......making fun of his efforts? I thought Bisonville was about supporting the Bison? Sometimes a few of you need a reality check. If you got a better idea or can get off your duffs to travel and support the team fire away!

56BISON73
02-19-2008, 01:42 AM
So what is wrong with Lakes posts in this thread? At least he is trying to organize a road trip? What are the rest of you doing......making fun of his efforts? I thought Bisonville was about supporting the Bison? Sometimes a few of you need a reality check. If you got a better idea or can get off your duffs to travel and support the team fire away!

SD
The best I can tell is that other people are doing all the leg work on putting the trip together. Lakes is a blower and goer and hasnt done squat from what I can tell. PL

SDbison
02-19-2008, 01:46 AM
SD
The best I can tell is that other people are doing all the leg work on putting the trip together. Lakes is a blower and goer and hasnt done squat from what I can tell. PL
Thanks for the update........if that is true so be it.......sometimes Lakes has enthusiam you don't see often, much as it may be misguided.........

TransAmBison
02-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Alright, unbunch your undies...the post I "++'ed" was referencing a post that referenced somebody putting down Lakes. Reread the whole thing, it will not mean the same thing.

lakesbison
02-19-2008, 02:37 AM
yea SD BISON.

Im the worst NDSU fan out there.

god forbid I spice things up a little.

dont listen to PL Bison... all he ever does is bitch.. along with a few others..

you're da man still SD!

back to business... CANT A LOCAL NDSU TAILGATE BUS VOLUNTEER TO TAKE US??

on Sept 13th, maybe we can schedule OHIO university and we can all take a week vacation til Youngstown on the 20th!

TheDoctor
02-19-2008, 03:01 AM
on Sept 13th, maybe we can schedule OHIO university and we can all take a week vacation til Youngstown on the 20th!

Now that sounds like fun! ;)

BlueBisonRock
02-19-2008, 03:12 AM

There is nothing wrong with Lakes posts on this topic. If you follow the original comment, Lakes was being called out inappropriately by a new handle - unbison. Five negative posts were all pointed at Lakes. My points were directed at this individual. If you read the posts in order, my post is backing Lakes. Personally, I think Lakes has potential given he learns how to execute.

The rest of my post went directly to the same point you just made. "I thought Bisonville was about supporting the Bison". I do not accept that support is gained by an individual creating an ID specifically to snipe at one of the members of the board. Nor do I accept the use of profanity and stating '**** you all'[ as being healthy for the board.

Lets drop this macho crap and get Bisonville back to supporting the Bison!

TheDoctor
02-19-2008, 04:42 AM
There is nothing wrong with Lakes posts on this topic. If you follow the original comment, Lakes was being called out inappropriately by a new handle - unbison. Five negative posts were all pointed at Lakes. My points were directed at this individual. If you read the posts in order, my post is backing Lakes. Personally, I think Lakes has potential given he learns how to execute.

The rest of my post went directly to the same point you just made. "I thought Bisonville was about supporting the Bison". I do not accept that support is gained by an individual creating an ID specifically to snipe at one of the members of the board. Nor do I accept the use of profanity and stating '**** you all'[ as being healthy for the board.

Can I get a witness from the congregation?????? AHMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

56BISON73
02-19-2008, 04:43 AM
yea SD BISON.

Im the worst NDSU fan out there.

god forbid I spice things up a little.

dont listen to PL Bison... all he ever does is bitch.. along with a few others..

you're da man still SD!

back to business... CANT A LOCAL NDSU TAILGATE BUS VOLUNTEER TO TAKE US??

Lakes all I did was state the facts. You have NOTHING to do with the bus trip. You talked allot but did nothing. If thats bitching---well so be it.:nod:
On another note----- you want someone to volunteer a bus to take you to a game but you wont volunteer for the fund drive for teammakers because you want to be paid. Whats wrong with this scienario??? :D PL

lakesbison
02-19-2008, 05:08 AM
Its All Good!! Lets Party In Ohio For A Week!!

Ohio U.. & Ysu!!! Cmon Gene!!

SDbison
02-19-2008, 03:20 PM

OK, I will apologize to all of Bisonville regarding my outburst a week or two ago, but I won't apologize to specific individuals. I will give it one more chance here at Bisonville and would appreciate a bit of consideration on the part of other posters too. Just because you have a differing view doesn't mean that a bunch of posters should be able to pound you into submission. I appreciate a good discussion especially if points are backed up with facts, or a good statement justifying an opinion. In some ways this board has become pack-like with some of the regulars sticking up for each other. Maybe even trying to pat each other on the back for the most rep points? Thinking outside the box should be encouraged here. New ideas help generate interest and keep things growing. I am a big NDSU fan, an alumnus, a teammaker and I have a stepdaughter attending NDSU. And yes, I drive up to NDSU from Sioux Falls for all the home football games and a few other games during the year. I am sorry if I have snapped at a few of you, but at the same time I have not appreciated people making up things about me that were not true. Have a great day.

BlueBisonRock
02-19-2008, 05:41 PM
OK, I will apologize to all of Bisonville regarding my outburst a week or two ago, but I won't apologize to specific individuals. I will give it one more chance here at Bisonville and would appreciate a bit of consideration on the part of other posters too. Just because you have a differing view doesn't mean that a bunch of posters should be able to pound you into submission. I appreciate a good discussion especially if points are backed up with facts, or a good statement justifying an opinion. In some ways this board has become pack-like with some of the regulars sticking up for each other. Maybe even trying to pat each other on the back for the most rep points? Thinking outside the box should be encouraged here. New ideas help generate interest and keep things growing. I am a big NDSU fan, an alumnus, a teammaker and I have a stepdaughter attending NDSU. And yes, I drive up to NDSU from Sioux Falls for all the home football games and a few other games during the year. I am sorry if I have snapped at a few of you, but at the same time I have not appreciated people making up things about me that were not true. Have a great day.

Cool. And I will push myself to better understand your points. When I first became active on this forum, I found your perspective to be interesting and insightful. Personally, I did miss your insight while you were gone.

Thank you.

SlickVic
02-19-2008, 06:33 PM
i say we all just hop in SDs sweet crew cab and roll into youngstown like some straight rednecks with SD leading the yelling of "go FUC# yourselfs" and "FUC# OHIO"...then after the game ima indroduce SD to my main man maurice ;)

SDbison
02-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Would be fun to get some car, truck, van, RV or bus road trips organized to Youngstown. Maybe a couple of the big custom painted buses will be going and have room for a few more fans? Hey, if I can get 3 others willing to help pay for gas I would drive my crew cab out to Youngstown! Nothing like a road trip with other fans. Maybe Slick could even teach me his mastery of ebonics on the way. Gotta love all of the family here at Bisonville!

SlickVic
02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey, if I can get 3 others willing to help pay for gas I would drive my crew cab out to Youngstown! Nothing like a road trip with other fans. Maybe Slick could even teach me his mastery of ebonics on the way. Gotta love all of the family here at Bisonville!

chea crew cab it is...youngstowns one of the most dangerous cities in america so we gonna have to swang your crew cab thru the hood to pick up some pieces from my main man maurice...hope your a quick study cuz mo clarrett speaks in straight chedder...chea ;)

lakesbison
02-19-2008, 07:05 PM
OK..

lets try and get one of those tailgate busses to go.. ill ask Clevvy at O Kellys.

otherwise. its crew cabbin to mo clarretts with :

Sdbison
Slick
Lakes
B1son
Burgandy

there we go!!

SlickVic
02-19-2008, 07:13 PM
OK..

lets try and get one of those tailgate busses to go.. ill ask Clevvy at O Kellys.

Sdbison
Slick
Lakes
B1son
Burgandy

there we go!!

leave road out...good thinkin lakes...wouldnt want his legendary streak to end because clarretts a loose cannon and if SD says something stupid we'll all get killed

TransAmBison
02-19-2008, 07:19 PM
OK..

Sdbison
Slick
Lakes
B1son
Burgandy

there we go!!
:rofl: :rofl: With that cast on a roadtrip I envision a whole new reality tv series. Of course its name would be "Da Bison" :D

56BISON73
02-19-2008, 08:09 PM
chea crew cab it is...youngstowns one of the most dangerous cities in america so we gonna have to swang your crew cab thru the hood to pick up some pieces from my main man maurice...hope your a quick study cuz mo clarrett speaks in straight chedder...chea ;)

Do you know which prison hes in????:D PL

lakesbison
02-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Road flies on the charter anyways, thats why I left him out.

but you're right, he would be the victim of the bullet, instead of us loud mouth punks... ha ha.

Yea.... lets fire up the crew cab, burgandy, tell the wife you'll be gone a week!!

Ohio U & Youngstown here we coming!! WE COMING!!!