PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports NCAA football game

Montana Bison
01-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Does any body know is NDSU is going to have a team in the newest version os this game, or are they already there? just want to know before i i drop a few bucks on the game. Thanks!

WarBison
01-16-2008, 02:34 PM
They are not on the PS3 version.

HooliganBison
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
They are not in NCAA 08 for XBOX 360 either. Maybe next year....

Gully
01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
They are not in NCAA 08 for XBOX 360 either. Maybe next year....

That's really starting to annoy me, they've had FCS teams for years, how hard can it be to add the few teams that move up? Even if they did it half-assed by copying another school's stadium and players would be better than nothing, at least then you could do the dynasty thing and build them up.

HooliganBison
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
You can't create a team this year on the 360, so you can't go that route either.

TheBisonator
01-16-2008, 04:25 PM
No FCS teams are on the new versions of the game on PS3 or 360. The only bet would be for the regular XBox, assuming they update the Gateway.

College Hoops 2KX has had NDSU on their games for the past few years.

bisonmike2
01-16-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm hopeful that next years version for the PS3 and Xbox 360 will include all playoff eligible FCS teams. That's the one thing that's holding me back from buying one of them. They add new features every year and they did have to cut out quite a bit from the old-gen systems to get it onto the next gen systems. It doesn't help thought that EA Sports has a lock on NCAA and NFL football. I liked it better when other companies could create a competing product. Anybody play the last version of NFL football by 2k sports? That was awesome. I wish they would have the option to go after college football.

TheDoctor
01-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Great insite Mike....I have to say though, your avatar is VERY difficult to look at. ;)

bisonmike2
01-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Great insite Mike....I have to say though, your avatar is VERY difficult to look at. ;)

My pleasure. If it's one thing I know it's video games, especially sports games. Hopefully the Applachian St win over Michigan got EA sports to look seriously at not only adding FCS teams but actually having an actual playoff system for FCS as well. I know it's a long shot for them to do that but if they did, I would be one of those nerds waiting in line just to get my copy.

(hope you like this avatar better)

Bisonguy
01-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Supposedly, EA was "rushed" getting the 360 and PS3 versions of the game this year, and FCS teams should be included next year. The old-gen systems just required the yearly small update, as opposed to creating code from scratch.

Anyhow, NDSU's Gateway membership should help get them into the game once they decide they have time to include FCS teams in the next-gen versions. I believe the XBOX versions just had six or seven FCS conferences (Gateway, Big Sky, SoCon, Ivy, SWAC, CAA, etc.)

SlickVic
01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
My pleasure. If it's one thing I know it's video games, especially sports games.

whats your gamertag ill own you...nba 2k8 c hoops 2k8 madden 08 tiger 08...we'll play for some serious rep points ;)

Bison101
01-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Does any body know is NDSU is going to have a team in the newest version os this game, or are they already there? just want to know before i i drop a few bucks on the game. Thanks!

I'm counting on it being on the PS2 next year, because all of the Gateway team are on there (even Indiana State!).

missingnumber7
01-17-2008, 10:30 AM
For all 2k fans i saw on G4 attack of the show, this past week(on AFN so the show is probably 2 or 3 weeks old), that 2k gave up on the hoops game because of the negotiations with the NCAA and EA is the only one working for the rights at this time, which sucks. I am a big EA guy, but 2k ncaa was the better bball game.

bisonmike2
01-17-2008, 08:57 PM
whats your gamertag ill own you...nba 2k8 c hoops 2k8 madden 08 tiger 08...we'll play for some serious rep points ;)

Sorry I'm too cheap to pay for xbox live. I do have a wii but there aren't many games (if any sports games) with online multi-player support.

CaBisonFan
01-17-2008, 09:46 PM

My son bought the XBox version. No Bison

RodentiaX
01-18-2008, 08:42 PM
I would guess they would be in NCAA Football 09, which ought to come out this summer. It's been a while since I played it (don't have a PS2 anymore), but you used to be able to take an existing conference, and replace teams. If you can still do that, you could play the Gateway season, by taking an existing FBS team that had the same number of teams, and replace each team with a Gateway team.

SlickVic
02-20-2008, 07:38 AM
just dropped 52 online with mike nelson that boy be killin on 2k8...20 min halfs but still...bison arnt bad to bust out online this year but last year my oh my did i kill fools with andre...last year seemed like every fool i played busted out either florida tar heels duke or g town which was pimp cuz i got to bust out dre day on some premiere post talent put up sick stats with him to triple double in the dean dome dunked all over jo kim replayed it for the full 5 min and the dude quit hahaha...im really getting into this years game tho like the 20min halfs online option i just dominate w DJ multiple 40 20 games w him but chea just jacked about droppin half a hundo w mr mike nelson 12 for 20 from the land of plenty

bisonmike2
02-20-2008, 02:47 PM
I would guess they would be in NCAA Football 09, which ought to come out this summer. It's been a while since I played it (don't have a PS2 anymore), but you used to be able to take an existing conference, and replace teams. If you can still do that, you could play the Gateway season, by taking an existing FBS team that had the same number of teams, and replace each team with a Gateway team.

I hope they add FCS teams but I'm not holding my breath. Every since EA sports got the exclusive NCAA license they've made minimal improvements year after year. They could make about 5 to 10 enhancements to the game each year but instead only do 1 or 2 at the most. I got 2008 for the PS3 and while it's a gorgoeus game they really have a lot they can improve on. Here's my wishlist for what they will improve this year.

1) All FCS teams, accurate stadiums and the ability to play a career as an FCS team including full schedules and playoff scenario. - No way this is all getting done this year but I will dream

2) Bring create a team back with a more robust stadium builder. This was great in NCAA 06 but when you went to choose a stadium you had a selection of 6 generic stadiums

3) Add referees and more sideline people into the game. Sounds stupid but once you play the game a couple of times you realize that there are no referees and that the sidelines are about as generic as you can get.

4) Intergrate ESPN into the game more. ESPN is a partner but the only way you know that is that during the week you can go espn.com to read up on stories and standings. Anyone remember NFL2k6 (one of the best footbal games of all time!)? After every week they had a sports center with Chris Berman that showed highlights of the other games played that week. Why can't they do that for NCAA football? It could be like a college gameday highlight show after each week. If they did it 3 years ago on xbox and ps2 they definately should be able to do it on PS3 and the 360. Also it would be cool if your game is the game of the week to have the college gameday set as a special pregame intro.

5.) Add the spring game.

SlickVic
02-20-2008, 04:49 PM
every since the 360 came out EA sports games blow i mean nba live?? wtf id rather play live 95 (which is prolly one of the best basketball games of all time but still) nba 2K is just killin live...that first ncaa football the came with on the 360 blew a fat one that little double move route was possibley the most exploited glitch in any game ive ever played online...all you had to do was play w thee ohio state buckeyes scramble with troy troy till teddy made his move then hit him with a bomb such bs...last years game was real solid i thought tho...beanie wells off tackle every play of the game prolly busted beanie for 300+ in 20 games...if the bison are on next years game i litterally will not even bother to play with another team...i would love to be on the mic "and thats another bison first down" or "the diesel on the carry" hahaha if EA dont have the powerhouse 1-AA teams in this years game i will write them an e mail ala SDbison and tell them to go FUC# themselves...even if the our included i still wont be satisfied unless the ratings are somewhat adequetee id put t roehl atleast in the upper 80s ramon lower 80s lardinois strait 100s accross the board...c hoops 2K series is so money with their ratings tho i mean have you played that game??? andre last year aka unstoppable...mike nelson just lights out this year woodside can get to the rim whenever you please get winkleman the ball in the paint and he will not be stopped freddy throws down thunder i mean my oh my 2k really puts out a quality product

bisonmike2
02-20-2008, 06:00 PM
I also want to see custom intro's and the ability to upload your own music to use in game. Did anyone ever use this in NFL 2k6. That was one of the coolest things every. I uploaded all sorts of gangsta rap to play if I made a touchdown or got an interception. I wish Sega was still able to create college and NFL licensed games. They really took it to EA sports for a couple of years. Best part is, I think they sold their games for $20. So not only were they providing a better game they did it for 1/2 the price. God I hate EA sports.

aces1180
02-20-2008, 06:25 PM
I also want to see custom intro's and the ability to upload your own music to use in game. Did anyone ever use this in NFL 2k6. That was one of the coolest things every. I uploaded all sorts of gangsta rap to play if I made a touchdown or got an interception. I wish Sega was still able to create college and NFL licensed games. They really took it to EA sports for a couple of years. Best part is, I think they sold their games for $20. So not only were they providing a better game they did it for 1/2 the price. God I hate EA sports.

SEGA also made the best baseball game in my opinion...World Series Baseball.

bisonmike2
02-20-2008, 06:27 PM
SEGA also made the best baseball game in my opinion...World Series Baseball.

I was always a big fan of Bases Loaded by Jaleco. I could jack homers with a that dude named Paste.

aces1180
02-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I was always a big fan of Bases Loaded by Jaleco. I could jack homers with a that dude named Paste.

Well, if we are going back to Nintendo, then I have a few to name:

Little League Baseball - Had to love the metal bats
Baseball Stars - Climbing the wall to rob homers was great
RBI Baseball 2 - Had real players and stats
Bases Loaded - The perspective from CF was a nice change

bisonmike2
02-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Well, if we are going back to Nintendo, then I have a few to name:

Little League Baseball - Had to love the metal bats
Baseball Stars - Climbing the wall to rob homers was great
RBI Baseball 2 - Had real players and stats
Bases Loaded - The perspective from CF was a nice change

Ok, I'm created a new thread in commons, Video Game Favorites. I could do this for days.

aces1180
02-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Ok, I'm created a new thread in commons, Video Game Favorites. I could do this for days.

Sweet! More shit to take me away from work!

Tatanka
02-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Blades. Of. Steel.

period, end of story.

UTH
02-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Blades. Of. Steel.

period, end of story.

What he said.

And the old skool Tecmo Bowl.*

*anybody else use the phrase, "gault it"?

SlickVic
03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
just read online that the wii version of 09 will feature over 200 fbs and FCS teams as well...just jacked to bust out tyler the truck and company online already my favorite game of all time and its not even out until july

aces1180
03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
just read online that the wii version of 09 will feature over 200 fbs and FCS teams as well...just jacked to bust out tyler the truck and company online already my favorite game of all time and its not even out until july

I hope that the Herd is available for PS2 or PS3.

SlickVic
03-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I hope that the Herd is available for PS2 or PS3.

they will be no doubt about it and im just jacked to bust tyer the truck loose for multiple 300 yard games online...already got trash talk for the mic "we are the pride of north dakota" "thats another bison first down" "the diesel on the carry" hahaha what are those fools going to be thinking...when i played c hoops 2k7 online used to tell people i was agent zero aka tom lunde and 9 out of 10 people believed me it was great

bisonmike2
03-24-2008, 07:58 PM

do you have a link you can post?

SlickVic
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
UPDATE - Some info on the Wii version of NCAA 09:
NCAA Football 09 for the Nintendo Wii will focus on a more stylized gameplay that is quick and easy for fans to jump in and out of great head-to-head action, or manage their favorite college team through the “Dynasty Mode”. New to the Nintendo Wii platform, NCAA Football 09 will feature EA SPORTS Family Play controls, a multiplayer social experience that allows novice users to compete against advanced players and still enjoy success. The Easy Play controls are designed for the more novice fans, but also feature a traditional default setting for the more seasoned veterans. NCAA Football 09 will feature close to 200 schools from both the FBS and FCS divisions, making it the most authentic college sports gaming experience available for the Nintendo Wii.

Bisonguy
03-24-2008, 10:50 PM
We'll see. The Wii version will most likely look more like the last-gen versions. I won't be holding my breath that FCS teams will be included on the PS3 and 360.

Jdubs21
03-25-2008, 02:50 AM
yeah ps3 screwed us over this year...its "FCS WEST, NORTH, SOUTH, and East" i beleive or somethin to that sort

bisonmike2
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
UPDATE - Some info on the Wii version of NCAA 09:
NCAA Football 09 for the Nintendo Wii will focus on a more stylized gameplay that is quick and easy for fans to jump in and out of great head-to-head action, or manage their favorite college team through the “Dynasty Mode”. New to the Nintendo Wii platform, NCAA Football 09 will feature EA SPORTS Family Play controls, a multiplayer social experience that allows novice users to compete against advanced players and still enjoy success. The Easy Play controls are designed for the more novice fans, but also feature a traditional default setting for the more seasoned veterans. NCAA Football 09 will feature close to 200 schools from both the FBS and FCS divisions, making it the most authentic college sports gaming experience available for the Nintendo Wii.

Sounds cool but ever since I got my PS3 everything on the Wii minus Super Mario Galaxy looks like the original NES. I hope they put the same features into NCAA 2009 for the PS3. I might have to take a week off from work just to get my fix in.

bisonmike2
03-25-2008, 10:00 PM
I just read that the Xbox 360 cover athelete will be Darren McFadden. The PS3 athlete will be released in April.

bisonmike2
03-25-2008, 10:01 PM
1000th POST!!!! Woo-hoo!!! It's actually much more than that but my bisonmike1 account got hosed up.

Bison101
03-25-2008, 11:18 PM

Not this question again....

To answer the question simply, they are not on any system of NCAA 08.

Next year is hopeful, because all Gateway teams are currently on it.

Bisonguy
03-25-2008, 11:22 PM

Except for the PS3 and Xbox360 versions.

onbison09
03-26-2008, 12:02 AM
1000th POST!!!! Woo-hoo!!! It's actually much more than that but my bisonmike1 account got hosed up.
Congrats!++++

CaBisonFan
03-26-2008, 06:48 AM

I just went to EA Sports' website, registered, let them know about the Bison & their accomplishments, and sent some pictures of the uniform.

It would be good for the Bison to be 'in the game.' I'm sure that a ton of high school football players play the game.

It's about fun...and it's about recognition of the program. EA Sports is behind schedule with the Bison.

I'm squeaking the wheel.

bisonmike2
03-26-2008, 01:56 PM

Just to add in again. You also cannot create a team in the PS3 or 360 versions.

UTH
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Just to add in again. You also cannot create a team in the PS3 or 360 versions.

Can't some NDSU CS grad just crack the game and put the team in...? Sell bootlegs behind the trees at the tailgating lot this fall. Profit. Make the children happy. EA Sports gets Bison football added for free. That's a plan everyone involved should be able to get behind.

bisonmike2
03-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Can't some NDSU CS grad just crack the game and put the team in...? Sell bootlegs behind the trees at the tailgating lot this fall. Profit. Make the children happy. EA Sports gets Bison football added for free. That's a plan everyone involved should be able to get behind.

But then you'd have EA chasing you down for piracy and you'd have to hire a UND grad to represent you in court. Then you'd really be screwed. :)

UTH
03-26-2008, 02:35 PM
But then you'd have EA chasing you down for piracy and you'd have to hire a UND grad to represent you in court. Then you'd really be screwed. :)

I'm not saying - I'm just saying. Just trying to think outside the box and float some ideas here. http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/CigarDerbyhatsmilies.gif

SDbison
03-26-2008, 02:35 PM
What does this thread have to do with Bison football.......you know the real stuff where actual players in the physical world play the game? Talk about a video game belongs in Bison commons. Could someone please move this thread?

CaBisonFan
03-26-2008, 03:12 PM
What does this thread have to do with Bison football.......you know the real stuff where actual players in the physical world play the game? Talk about a video game belongs in Bison commons. Could someone please move this thread?

Come on SDbison. The real game is a game. For us guys who can't run like deer...give us a chance. :D

bisonmike2
03-26-2008, 03:25 PM

I have no problem with this being moved. I actually think we already have this thread in commons.

SDbison
03-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Come on SDbison. The real game is a game. For us guys who can't run like deer...give us a chance. :D
Just having a little fun with the virtual world gamers.....:D :D I am not big on gaming because I have too many other interests like maintaining my acreage, drinking beer at the local pub, playing hockey or basketball, watching HD movies / sports and posting on this website. Did I mention sleeping, eating and working? The biggest factor is I spend a disproportionate amount of money on my teammaker dues, football season tickets and travel to Fargo to be able to buy a newer game system (otherwise, I would try to squeeze in another activity)
Most important, I like to see the updates on players, facilities, coaches, schedule, etc. at the top of the Bison football topic area......