PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Schedule

BisBison
01-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Surprised this hasn't been posted before. And if it has :blush: on me. But we're up to 6 home games next year. http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1368559

NDSUstudent
01-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Surprised this hasn't been posted before. And if it has :blush: on me. But we're up to 6 home games next year. http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1368559

Austin Peay, not great but it is a Thursday night game. I missed not having one last year.

Mr. Burgundy
01-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Looks pretty solid to me. According to the Hammer show today, Eastern Illinois is where Bobby Babich is coaching, and they made the playoffs right ahead of Austin Peay. Thursday games are fun.

BisBison
01-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Looks pretty solid to me. According to the Hammer show today, Eastern Illinois is where Bobby Babich is coaching, and they made the playoffs right ahead of Austin Peay. Thursday games are fun.

Thursday night games suck for me. It means a dash out of work, a 2 1/2 hour drive, sit at the game and then drive 2 1/2 hours back home, and up for work the next morning. And none of this:cheers: :( Nevertheless I am happy for 6 home games. And still two open dates to work with Sept 13 & 27.

BigBison
01-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I too like an opening thursday night game, should be alot of students there, I'll be fired up fo'sho.

roadwarrior
01-14-2008, 11:44 PM
FYI: The future schedules through 2013 are on gobison.com. At this point they only contain announced games, but all of the Gateway games are there.

TheBisonator
01-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Anyone know how much we're paying them??

Bison101
01-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Thursday night games suck for me. It means a dash out of work, a 2 1/2 hour drive, sit at the game and then drive 2 1/2 hours back home, and up for work the next morning. And none of this:cheers: :( Nevertheless I am happy for 6 home games. And still two open dates to work with Sept 13 & 27.

I agree. And to see Austin Peay...

[[Hey! That ryhmes]]

TheBisonator
01-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Here's our schedule so far:

Aug 28 AUSTIN PEAY
Sep 06 CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE
Sep 13 OPEN
Sep 20 At Youngstown State
Sep 27 OPEN
Oct 04 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Oct 11 WESTERN ILLINOIS
Oct 18 At Northern Iowa
Oct 25 At Illinois State
Nov 01 INDIANA STATE
Nov 8 OPEN
Nov 15 At Missouri State
Nov 22 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

DIBISON
01-14-2008, 11:53 PM
TV6 Sports had a report tonight about the Austin Peay game. Gene Taylor said he wanted an FCS opponent, but not a highly ranked program, because of the tough Gateway conference schedule. Also sounded like the Bison will schedule only 11 games for 2008 and that there still is a possibility that the last game scheduled will be with an FBS team.

TheBisonator
01-14-2008, 11:55 PM
TV6 Sports had a report tonight about the Austin Peay game. Gene Taylor said he wanted an FCS opponent, but not a highly ranked program, because of the tough Gateway conference schedule. Also sounded like the Bison will schedule only 11 games for 2008 and that there still is a possibility that the last game scheduled will be with an FBS team.

We're only scheduling 11 games??

That is bulls***

OldBison
01-14-2008, 11:59 PM

Nov 8 is also open, but I suspect Bohl wants that left open for a week respite in the event we make the playoffs.

aces1180
01-15-2008, 12:16 AM
We're only scheduling 11 games??

That is bulls***

I wouldn't say that...I just hope we have seven home games.

Plus, a lot of teams in our conference are sticking to the 11 game schedule...If we want to make a run in the playoffs, that one less game will keep us fresher IMO.

NDSUstudent
01-15-2008, 12:21 AM
The Gateway is going to be a grind, no reason to add a 12th game on top of that. I really like that November 8th open date, gives the team a chance to rest and heal up for the stretch run. It would also be nice to have the 27th open because @YSU, SIU, WIU, and @UNI is going to be a tough stretch.

Gully
01-15-2008, 12:26 AM

Take a day off.

BisBison
01-15-2008, 01:22 AM

We may only schedule 11 games, but I'm thinking when all is said and done we play 14.:praying: :praying:

Bisonguy
01-15-2008, 01:39 AM
We may only schedule 11 games, but I'm thinking when all is said and done we play 14.:praying: :praying:

Why stop with the semis??

I'd rather see NDSU play 15 games, 16 if Gene can get 12 regular season games. :nod:

Jdubs21
01-15-2008, 02:06 AM
6 home games is gonna be sweet...hell we might as well add one more for lucky 7 :D

TheDoctor
01-15-2008, 02:24 AM
I am just glad the Thursday night game is back! I was a huge fan of the game as a Fargo resident and on campus employee. I do understand though, how the out of town people don't like it. ;)

BisBison
01-15-2008, 02:27 AM
Why stop with the semis??

I'd rather see NDSU play 15 games, 16 if Gene can get 12 regular season games. :nod:

I guess I can't count. :blush:

BisBison
01-15-2008, 02:29 AM
Nov 8 is also open, but I suspect Bohl wants that left open for a week respite in the event we make the playoffs.

Yeah, the article states we are still open for Sept 13 and Sept 27. I 'm guessing the Nov 8 is a scheduled by week to heal up at that stage of the season in preparation for a long playoff run.

aces1180
01-15-2008, 02:46 AM
I am just glad the Thursday night game is back! I was a huge fan of the game as a Fargo resident and on campus employee. I do understand though, how the out of town people don't like it. ;)

I'll be taking that afternoon and the next off from work, which is nice. Four and half day weekend including Labor Day!

SloStang
01-15-2008, 04:30 AM
It looks like a great schedule. I had heard from someone who has always given me good inforamation that Cal Poly was playing NDSU in Fargo in 2008. It looks like he was wrong on this one. Cal Poly would not fall in the "not highly ranked FCS program" next year. They are loaded with 10 of 11 starters returning from the number one offense in the FCS and they return 8 starters off a very young defense.

I was looking forward to playing the Bison again in 2008. I hope to see the Bison on a future schedule. I have a great deal of respect for the program and the fans are great and with the exception of the pounding the Mustangs took in 2006, the games have been really good.

lakesbison
01-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Where Is My Fbs Team!

Austin Peeeoooww..

BISON Thunder
01-15-2008, 12:37 PM
It looks like a great schedule. I had heard from someone who has always given me good inforamation that Cal Poly was playing NDSU in Fargo in 2008. It looks like he was wrong on this one. Cal Poly would not fall in the "not highly ranked FCS program" next year. They are loaded with 10 of 11 starters returning from the number one offense in the FCS and they return 8 starters off a very young defense.

I was looking forward to playing the Bison again in 2008. I hope to see the Bison on a future schedule. I have a great deal of respect for the program and the fans are great and with the exception of the pounding the Mustangs took in 2006, the games have been really good.

Slostang...how about playing each other in December?

SloStang
01-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Slostang...how about playing each other in December?

In Chatty!!! Sounds great to me.

onbison09
01-15-2008, 08:01 PM
So are we still coming to SHSU or is that dead or what? I'm going to be really dissapointed if it because that was my only chance to see the Herd in person.

aces1180
01-15-2008, 08:03 PM
So are we still coming to SHSU or is that dead or what? I'm going to be really dissapointed if it because that was my only chance to see the Herd in person.

2009 in Huntsville.

TheBisonator
01-15-2008, 08:04 PM

I hope we can fill some of our remainding open dates from 2009 and beyond with you guys and UC Davis.

UTH
01-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I hope we can fill some of our remainding open dates from 2009 and beyond with you guys and UC Davis.

Yes, always good games!:nod:

TheDoctor
01-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I will miss the Poly and Davis games. Southern Utah....not so much. ;)

X-Factor
01-15-2008, 10:02 PM

Or maybe Gene could be taking into account the game with Cal Poly as reason why he doesn't want to have any more ranked FCS on the schedule even though he specifically said Gateway conference. Taylor is the kind of guy that will avoid hinting talk if the deal isn't signed in ink. NDSU is pretty much unstoppable in the dome, but Cal Poly has the kind of offense that can keep pace. What a great game that would be! What dates of CP have open, and do they match either of the two early season openings the Bison have? Doubt Gene would sign up for a November game...

SloStang
01-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Or maybe Gene could be taking into account the game with Cal Poly as reason why he doesn't want to have any more ranked FCS on the schedule even though he specifically said Gateway conference. Taylor is the kind of guy that will avoid hinting talk if the deal isn't signed in ink. NDSU is pretty much unstoppable in the dome, but Cal Poly has the kind of offense that can keep pace. What a great game that would be! What dates of CP have open, and do they match either of the two early season openings the Bison have? Doubt Gene would sign up for a November game...

Sept. 13th Cal Poly is traveling to Lake Charles, LA to take on McNeese State. I am not sure about the other two dates. I am hoping they can work it out.

Here is what I know about Cal Poly's schedule:

August 30th @ San Diego State
September 6th MONTANA
September 13th @ McNeese State
September 20th @ Northwestern State
October 18th @ South Dakota State

Other home games (not sure of the dates):
UC Davis
Idaho State
Southern Utah
Universtiy of South Dakota