PDA

View Full Version : Fargodome Expansion Plan Artist Rendering - Retractable Roof

No_Skill
01-13-2008, 07:50 PM
http://www.lucasoil.com/images/medialibrary/stadium_lg.jpg

Gotcha.

Jdubs21
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
this is more of a change than an addition....or are they planning to add seating with the retractable roof?

Bisonfan1
01-13-2008, 08:49 PM
this is more of a change than an addition....or are they planning to add seating with the retractable roof?

Look at the logo, LOL. Wouldnt that be nice though, I would help tear off the existing roof of the FargoDome = Home of the living dead.

Hammersmith
01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
That is one ugly logo.

No_Skill
01-13-2008, 09:33 PM
I was watching the Colts v Bolts game today and they mentioned that the RCA dome was going bye bye. The first thing I thought when I saw pics of the new stadium was how much it looked like the Fargodome.

I guy can dream can't he? :D

NDSUFREAK
01-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I was watching the Colts v Bolts game today and they mentioned that the RCA dome was going bye bye. The first thing I thought when I saw pics of the new stadium was how much it looked like the Fargodome.

I guy can dream can't he? :D
haha, yeah true :D

roadwarrior
01-13-2008, 11:29 PM
I am pretty sure that stadium is the new home for IUPUI basketball;)

Jdubs21
01-14-2008, 01:57 AM
haha yea they need help

CaBisonFan
01-14-2008, 04:31 AM

Gotcha.

How about 'Microsoft'? Bill Gates would do it...right?

'Microsoft Erhardt Stadium'

sambini
01-14-2008, 04:34 AM

Gotcha.got me++++++++++++++++

wilson
01-14-2008, 05:02 AM
Look at that thing dwarf the RCA dome in the background. Amazing.

bisonaudit
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
They got some of the design inspiration from the basketball arena in 'Hoosiers.' Can't remember the name of it but it's a classic old area right there in Indy where they played the Indiana State all-class basketball tournament for years.

bisonmike2
01-14-2008, 03:40 PM
They got some of the design inspiration from the basketball arena in 'Hoosiers.' Can't remember the name of it but it's a classic old area right there in Indy where they played the Indiana State all-class basketball tournament for years.

The Luca Oil Dome or whatever it's called also looks alot like the basketball arena where the Pacers play, Conseco Fieldhouse. I'm sure that was done by design.

sambini
01-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I think that was the Butler University fieldhouse in Hoosiers.

bisonaudit
01-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks Sambini, you're correct. Hinkle Fieldhouse, Butler University.

http://butlersports.cstv.com/trads/butl-hinkle.html

Also to Bisonmike2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conseco_Fieldhouse

Didn't see a decent outside shot of Conseco but looks like they did indeed take design inspiration from Hinkle as well.

bisonmike2
01-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Just goes to show how big basketball is in Indiana. They build their football stadiums to look like their basketball arena's.

sambini
01-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Will they tear down the RCA DOME?

bisonaudit
01-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Will they tear down the RCA DOME?

They're going to demo it but I don't know when. Gotta love those implosion videos.

Apparently if was the smallest stadium in the NFL. Soldier Field (61,500) will be next year and the new one in Indy will be the second smallest (63,000).
Interestingly 9 of the 12 stadiums put up or remodeled since 2000 are in the bottom half of the league in total capacity.

TheBisonator
01-14-2008, 07:05 PM
They're going to demo it but I don't know when. Gotta love those implosion videos.

Apparently if was the smallest stadium in the NFL. Soldier Field (61,500) will be next year and the new one in Indy will be the second smallest (63,000).
Interestingly 9 of the 12 stadiums put up or remodeled since 2000 are in the bottom half of the league in total capacity.

That's for a reason, because it creates bigger demand so the ticket prices can be raised. Also it basically prevents blackouts. That's why the new arena in downtown Winnipeg where they're trying to get an NHL team only seats 15,500, because they know they can sell it out every game. Also why the new Vikings stadium (if it ever gets approved) will only seat as much as the Metrodome, or about 65,000.

99Bison
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
and you don't want it blacked out on tv either :-)

onbison09
01-14-2008, 07:31 PM
A 6 day bicycle race. Damn that must have been boring. New place looks really impressive.

bisonaudit
01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
That's for a reason, because it creates bigger demand so the ticket prices can be raised. Also it basically prevents blackouts. That's why the new arena in downtown Winnipeg where they're trying to get an NHL team only seats 15,500, because they know they can sell it out every game. Also why the new Vikings stadium (if it ever gets approved) will only seat as much as the Metrodome, or about 65,000.

Your point is a good one, but apparently Jerry Jones isn't worried about black outs. He's putting up an 80,000-100,000 monster in Dallas. I think that he and Dan Schneider of the Redskins are engaged in a bit of a pissing match as the hot rumor in the nation's capital is that the Skins are moving back to the District and to even swankier digs even though FedEx is currently the largest building in the league and is only 10 years old. Just a couple of kids w/ billion dollar erector sets.

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2008/jan/11/photo-weekly-dallas-cowboys-stadium-construction-u/

bisonmike2
01-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Your point is a good one, but apparently Jerry Jones isn't worried about black outs. He's putting up an 80,000-100,000 monster in Dallas. I think that he and Dan Schneider of the Redskins are engaged in a bit of a pissing match as the hot rumor in the nation's capital is that the Skins are moving back to the District and to even swankier digs even though FedEx is currently the largest building in the league and is only 10 years old. Just a couple of kids w/ billion dollar erector sets.

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2008/jan/11/photo-weekly-dallas-cowboys-stadium-construction-u/

When you get 20K for some high school football games in Texas you probably don't have to worry about getting 80K for an NFL game. That video display they are putting in the new stadium is amazing.

bisonaudit
01-14-2008, 09:01 PM
That video display they are putting in the new stadium is amazing.

It's going to be money!

I think it's a genius move. I've never paid for a ticket for an NFL game. I've attended two and it confirmed what I've always thought. The best seat in the house is on your couch. But if I were in Dalls-Ft. Worth that video board may change the equation.

56BISON73
01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
When you get 20K for some high school football games in Texas you probably don't have to worry about getting 80K for an NFL game. That video display they are putting in the new stadium is amazing.

Dont forget that some teams games are sold out YEARS in advance. PL

Bison101
01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
How about 'Microsoft'? Bill Gates would do it...right?

'Microsoft Erhardt Stadium'

You're onto something. Maybe he could give a little bit more than help with a new stadium. Maybe some extra.. you know...$$$$$$$$.

Money. That's the word I'm getting at!