PDA

View Full Version : Canada fishing---please help

Scooter1
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey guys, I need a little help. Every year my group takes a fishing trip into Ontario. The problem is the guy we go to has fly in trips but you have to drive all the way up to Pickle Lake to fly out. (that's about as far noth as you can drive) We would like to change outfitters and would like some recommendations. Any help would be appreciated.

56BISON73
01-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey guys, I need a little help. Every year my group takes a fishing trip into Ontario. The problem is the guy we go to has fly in trips but you have to drive all the way up to Pickle Lake to fly out. (that's about as far noth as you can drive) We would like to change outfitters and would like some recommendations. Any help would be appreciated.

What do you want to fish for??? Does it have to be a fly in? Do you want guides? What is your budget??? How long do you want to stay? Do you want food provided or will you bring your own? How many people?? When do you want to go?
Depending on the above I might beable to put something together for you as Ive guided(fly in) at a place in Ontario thats not a bad drive. Plus there are other places that Ive fished and stayed that I can help you out with. PL

ps I also cook

Scooter1
01-12-2008, 11:49 PM
we mainly fish walleye, but do go after northern and musky. Doesn't have to be a fly in, but we like the seclusion of being the only ones on the lake. Due to the age of some of the people that will be going this year they would like to stay under 1000 (not including transportation, food, gas, beer)for a week long trip. We will be going the second or third week in September. Yeah, I know... football season, but it's hard to find a week that 8-10 people can all get off at the same time.

Got tons of places to go in the 1300 - 1700 range but some are going to spend 400-600 just to get up to the Minnesota area.

P.S no guides needed.

56BISON73
01-13-2008, 12:45 AM
we mainly fish walleye, but do go after northern and musky. Doesn't have to be a fly in, but we like the seclusion of being the only ones on the lake. Due to the age of some of the people that will be going this year they would like to stay under 1000 (not including transportation, food, gas, beer)for a week long trip. We will be going the second or third week in September. Yeah, I know... football season, but it's hard to find a week that 8-10 people can all get off at the same time.

Got tons of places to go in the 1300 - 1700 range but some are going to spend 400-600 just to get up to the Minnesota area.

P.S no guides needed.

The place I have in mind is about 3 1/2 hours north of Thunderbay. The flyin base is just south of Armstrong. Great walleye fishing. Really good Nothern (my 45 incher is posted here some where). Plus at that time of the year the lake trout should be up shallow.
There are two or three lakes that you can also portage to. Plus you have the main lake.
You will be the only people there as he owns the only concession.

The cabins all have wood burning heaters, propane lighting, full kitchens and indoor bathrooms with hot showers and flush toilets.

I just talked to the manager and he is going to get back to me on Wed with prices. Prices will include the flight in and out, boats, motors, gas and lodging.
Of course with 8-10 people, personal gear, fishing tackle and food and beer for 5-7 days it may require 2 flights. But we will know more on Wed.
PL

Scooter1
01-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Thanks for doing this 56BISON73.

Now I wish that I had showed up for pizza last year.

56BISON73
01-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Thanks for doing this 56BISON73.

Now I wish that I had showed up for pizza last year.

You can be there for pizza this year cause we are going to do it again.:hungry: PL