PDA

View Full Version : NDSU>UND Part II

Bison bison
01-10-2008, 01:50 AM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=63253&section=News&freebie_check&CFID=81601317&CFTOKEN=84691892&jsessionid=8830eb2aea6d493944c3

Bison bison
01-10-2008, 01:53 AM
11275 v. 11,141

+111 v. -160

In a Dec. 11 memo to academic deans, UND Provost Greg Weisenstein suggested tuition shortfalls stemming from three years of enrollment declines could require trimming back the school's 2009 budget.

Tatanka
01-10-2008, 02:01 AM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/pigfucker11/sky-is-falling.jpg

BlueBisonRock
01-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Now, they have three weeks to cook the books.

"Official spring enrollment numbers will be recorded on the fourth week of classes, because of a change in university system policy."

But, I like the trend!

"..... this fall, it seemed clear the school was fated to soon lose its state enrollment leader status for the first time in its 125 year history."

Nice find!

Bison bison
01-10-2008, 02:31 AM
My favorite is this:

The school announced a new scholarship in December that will provide $1,000 a year off tuition for roughly the upper half of entering freshmen and could give fall enrollment a needed boost.

Sounds like a price drop.

Shawn-O
01-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Now, they have three weeks to cook the books.

"Official spring enrollment numbers will be recorded on the fourth week of classes, because of a change in university system policy."

But, I like the trend!

"..... this fall, it seemed clear the school was fated to soon lose its state enrollment leader status for the first time in its 125 year history."

Nice find!

I'm sure we can scrounge up 150 hangin' Chads somewhere. :D

sambini
01-10-2008, 04:00 AM
Just count the lunch crowd at the Red Pepper.

Tatanka
01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Sweet-ass sig graphic

Joo has teh hockiez? Vere do I sign???

Brilliant!!!:D :D :D

Tatanka
01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm sure we can scrounge up 150 hangin' Chads somewhere. :D
Might want to consider not naming them all "Chad". Might get confusing for the registrar... :p

mebisonII
01-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't dance a jig that UNDs enrollment is falling. I'm of course thrilled that NDSU is rising and has passed UND, but its better for the entire region if both Universities are strong. Not that I think a slight enrollment decline is too big of a deal.

Lets go NDSU!! :cool:

NDSU1980
01-10-2008, 12:59 PM
My favorite is this:

The school announced a new scholarship in December that will provide $1,000 a year off tuition for roughly the upper half of entering freshmen and could give fall enrollment a needed boost.

Sounds like a price drop.

They seem to be pulling out all the stops to get enrollment up. I posted this earlier, but it's worth repeating: UND sent large, full color enrollment packets to every HS senior in ND, and probably in western MN as well. These things weren't the usual little propaganda pamphlet asking the student to come visit. These suckers were huge. Bulk rate postage alone had to run over a buck a piece, plus the printing costs. Large manila envelope packed to the gills. The whole thing just screamed desperate.

TransAmBison
01-10-2008, 12:59 PM
The school that must not be named has teamed up with Visa and Mastercard. Now credit card applications read: Congratulations! You are preapproved for our credit card now along with being pre-enrolled at the school that must not be named*

*The school that must not be named- the name has been omitted so as to not offend any minorities, majorities, or inbetweens.

UTH
01-10-2008, 01:05 PM
The school that must not be named has teamed up with Visa and Mastercard. Now credit card applications read: Congratulations! You are preapproved for our credit card now along with being pre-enrolled at the school that must not be named*

*The school that must not be named- the name has been omitted so as to not offend any minorities, majorities, or inbetweens.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:banghead: They've been doing this for years.:banghead:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

*selling students' / alumni's names to visa, et al., that is