PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Teammakers

Pages : [1] 2

travelingbison
01-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Alright, here's the deal. I thought this would be a good of place as any to get an answer to my question....

I have heard all about what the teammakers do and I have even seen the bumperstickers on vehicles all around the FM area....Being a recent alum of NDSU, I know I don't have a ton to give back, but I am interested in how to become involved with Teammakers. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UTH
01-09-2008, 09:38 PM
This thread should go far. I've wondered the same.

roadwarrior
01-09-2008, 09:45 PM
There is a linky on gobison:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&ATCLID=70120

If anyone wants, I will mail them information. Just send me a PM.

lakesbison
01-09-2008, 10:28 PM
well... I joined just 3 years ago, and I always assumed it was just crotchety old wealthy businessmen that just liked to pat each other on the back.

well, i like the ability to interact with the coaches and Athletic Dept staff on a weekly basis, basically, and of course BY JOINING YOU GET A BETTER SEAT FOR THE FOOTBALL GAMES.

Thats the main reason to join in my opinion... but the Luncheon's are hilarious and the Golf Outings are just a great time, met a lot of great people..

oh.. and it still is crotchety old wealthy businessmen, BUT AT LEAST THEY ARE NICE AND FUNNY!!!

ha ha.

peace out.

56BISON73
01-09-2008, 10:41 PM
well... I joined just 3 years ago, and I always assumed it was just crotchety old wealthy businessmen that just liked to pat each other on the back.

well, i like the ability to interact with the coaches and Athletic Dept staff on a weekly basis, basically, and of course BY JOINING YOU GET A BETTER SEAT FOR THE FOOTBALL GAMES.

Thats the main reason to join in my opinion... but the Luncheon's are hilarious and the Golf Outings are just a great time, met a lot of great people..

oh.. and it still is crotchety old wealthy businessmen, BUT AT LEAST THEY ARE NICE AND FUNNY!!!

ha ha.

peace out.

And to think I thought the purpose of Team Makers was to raise money for Bison Athletics.:D PL

sambini
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
And to think I thought the purpose of Team Makers was to raise money for Bison Athletics.:D PL
That is right PL. And starting at 100.00 donation. Thanks Lakes from a crusty old Beer Man past Teammaker President 2001.

56BISON73
01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
That is right PL. And starting at 100.00 donation. Thanks Lakes from a crusty old Beer Man past Teammaker President 2001.

But you will take smaller donations for those on a more limited budget I assume. PL

sambini
01-10-2008, 03:51 AM
Yes we will PL...

travelingbison
01-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Awesome, thanks for all the information!

I am assuming that even though Teammakers is predominately male, they don't discriminate where their money comes from - right? I know that this is one lady who won't support an organization if it doesn't equally allow women to partake. ;)

56BISON73
01-10-2008, 04:49 AM

I am assuming that even though Teammakers is predominately male, they don't discriminate where their money comes from - right? I know that this is one lady who won't support an organization if it doesn't equally allow women to partake. ;)

The curent Team Maker Prsident is female. PL

bisongirl
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
The curent Team Maker Prsident is female. PL

I believe Shirley is now the past president. I think her term ended on Dec. 31

bisongirl
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM

I'm a Team Maker. No discrimination there, just a GREAT group of people!

sambini
01-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Dave Sola is the new Teammaker president for 2008.

BlueBisonRock
01-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Dave Sola is the new Teammaker president for 2008.

The Soulman from Cooperstown?

sambini
01-10-2008, 08:37 PM
The Soulman from Cooperstown?

YES THATS HIM++++

DORMIE
01-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Teammakers is actually a large group of people who care about Bison athletics. They pay a membership determined by where they want to sit at football games. I pay $400 each for 2 seats on the 37 plus $100 each for the seats , plus $5 for mailing for a total of $1005. I also buy 2 basketball tickets for a total of $350. Road has a half scholarship. He's a stud!!!
We have a luncheon on Thursdays at the Holiday Inn or Ramada when teams are in town with the coaches speaking. Real active teammakers get involved in the annual fund drive. We have teams and our goal is to raise as much $$$ for scholarships as we can. Anyone wanting to get involved, you are sure welcome. Contact Roadwarrior, Sambini or myself. The more the merrier.

Ivy
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
There is also another option for donations to NDSU Athletics which is called the "Bison Excellence Fund." I think it is run through the NDSU Foundation.

You do not get the ticket benefit or other Teammaker membership benefits (like attending lunch and golf outings), but you do get to choose where your money is applied (like softball or men's basketball, etc).

I couldn't find any information on-line...does anyone know where information on the Bison Excellence Fund can be found?

99Bison
01-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Alright, here's the deal. I thought this would be a good of place as any to get an answer to my question....

I have heard all about what the teammakers do and I have even seen the bumperstickers on vehicles all around the FM area....Being a recent alum of NDSU, I know I don't have a ton to give back, but I am interested in how to become involved with Teammakers. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On the evening on Monday the 14th of January there is a "How can I help" intro session for Team makers. Exactly created to answer the question you ask.

I believe the event is being held and the Spitfire Grill in the evening. I will confirm and repost here with a time and place.

99Bison
01-11-2008, 01:39 AM
There is also another option for donations to NDSU Athletics which is called the "Bison Excellence Fund." I think it is run through the NDSU Foundation.

You do not get the ticket benefit or other Teammaker membership benefits (like attending lunch and golf outings), but you do get to choose where your money is applied (like softball or men's basketball, etc).

I couldn't find any information on-line...does anyone know where information on the Bison Excellence Fund can be found?

http://www.ndsufoundation.com/
https://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/SSLPage.aspx?&pid=206&srcid=193

BlueBisonRock
01-11-2008, 04:09 AM
YES THATS HIM++++

Thanks. He was 'old' when I was in college. ;)

I remember going on a roadtrip to the SDSU football game with him and Tommy T my sophomore year. It was an experience and an education!

I have a lot of respect for the Soulman! Say hi to him from the Rock, pin no. 450.

99Bison
01-14-2008, 07:47 PM
On the evening on Monday the 14th of January there is a "How can I help" intro session for Team makers. Exactly created to answer the question you ask.

I believe the event is being held and the Spitfire Grill in the evening. I will confirm and repost here with a time and place.

As of this morning, the info session has moved to Tuesday January, 22nd at the Spitfire Grill from 5-7.

lakesbison
01-15-2008, 07:14 AM
OK.. I got 2 tickets in $250 section.

what if my friends want just season tickets and NOT join teammakers... where can they sit and they wouldnt have to pay $250.seat, correct?

56BISON73
01-15-2008, 07:27 AM
OK.. I got 2 tickets in $250 section.

what if my friends want just season tickets and NOT join teammakers... where can they sit and they wouldnt have to pay $250.seat, correct?

Sections 5,6, 22, 23, 30, 31 are 90.00 per seat season ticket
. Parts of section 8, 9, 25, 26, 27, 28 in the end zones are 70.00 per seat season ticket

Lakes you were in sec 21 last year. Thats a 100.00 Teammaker donation.
If you would have been in section 20 it would have been 250.00. PL

Hammersmith
01-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Here's the chart:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Hammersmith52/TMSeating2008.jpg

Bisonguy
01-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Here's the chart:

Ouch....

Anyone want dibs on two seats, section 20, row A, seats 1 &2 for next season? Front row on the visitor's side, approximately 32 yard line, across the aisle from section 19(that's a 3/4 schollie section). If you want to be close to the action, these are GREAT seats.

Looks like it will cost you a 1/2 schollie, and I don't believe I'll be participating in priority seating next season. I'm sure Josh would let me transfer them to someone else's name if they want them. :nod:

56BISON73
01-15-2008, 08:56 PM
It also looks like from this chart that they arent offering the cheap season tickets in the end zone this year. PL

roadwarrior
01-15-2008, 09:05 PM
That chart is for getting new seats in those sections.

roadwarrior
01-15-2008, 09:06 PM
It also looks like from this chart that they arent offering the cheap season tickets in the end zone this year. PL

This chart is just for Teammaker seating, so they may have just left off the information on the end zone seats.

Bisonguy
01-15-2008, 09:07 PM

I'm not sure that they are not offering them. The lower half of the north endzone is sectioned off, as well as sections 8 and 9 in the south endzone.

This graphic really only designates what Team Maker levels are located where. Not much else other than showing the student section.

56BISON73
01-16-2008, 04:12 AM
Did they change the Team Maker seating???? Its not set up that way on my chart from last year. PL

56BISON73
01-16-2008, 04:13 AM
This chart is just for Teammaker seating, so they may have just left off the information on the end zone seats.

Thanks. PL

sambini
01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
I want to congratulate Shirley Solberg on a great year as Teammaker President. And wish Dave Sola a great 2008 year as President. And as we get the new fund drive started for 2008. We are led in this fund drive by former BISON CHAD STARK. Chad will do a great job as the MARCH IS ON. GET US TO THE GOAL OF 1.9 MILLION.

Flintstone
01-21-2008, 10:01 PM
My tickets are in the lower area of section 20. Does anybody know what the increase in membership level will be in that area this year? I believe it was $250.00/seat last year plus tickets.

Bisonguy
01-22-2008, 02:11 AM
My tickets are in the lower area of section 20. Does anybody know what the increase in membership level will be in that area this year? I believe it was $250.00/seat last year plus tickets.

Should be close to the same, BUT if you're a new Team Maker you'd have to pony up a half scholly.

How many seats do you have? My two seats will be up for grabs next season.

56BISON73
01-22-2008, 04:42 AM
Should be close to the same, BUT if you're a new Team Maker you'd have to pony up a half scholly.

Bison Guy
You are kidding about the half scholly???? PL

Flintstone
01-22-2008, 12:41 PM

I've got two. We were a couple rows behind you to your left.

Bisonguy
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Bison Guy
You are kidding about the half scholly???? PL

Nope, go look at the seating chart back a page or two. The lower part of section 20 will require a 1/2 scholly for new Team Makers.

Doesn't really bother me, I have a better seat anyhow. :nod:

Bisonguy
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I've got two. We were a couple rows behind you to your left.

Shoot me a PM if you want to move up. Maybe Josh would let you take over my seats if you're interested.

56BISON73
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Nope, go look at the seating chart back a page or two. The lower part of section 20 will require a 1/2 scholly for new Team Makers.

I just saw the names associated with the sections. Didnt know what those seats cost. Thank goodness I like to sit up high in the stands.:D PL

Trim
01-22-2008, 09:03 PM

Bisonguy,
Do I got this right?...

The section you are in will cost 1/2 scholly for new Team Makers. This wouldn't apply to you though since you are already a Team Maker. You are giving up your seats for an un-related reason?

Just trying to get it straight because I have 4 seats in the same price level. Trying to figure out how it will affect me.

Thanks.

bisongirl
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Bisonguy,
Do I got this right?...

The section you are in will cost 1/2 scholly for new Team Makers. This wouldn't apply to you though since you are already a Team Maker. You are giving up your seats for an un-related reason?

Just trying to get it straight because I have 4 seats in the same price level. Trying to figure out how it will affect me.

Thanks.

Bisonguy is giving up his seats because he now watches the game from field level. :nod: :nod:

Bisonguy
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Bisonguy,
Do I got this right?...

Thanks.

I believe you have it correct, at least that's what I'm getting from roadwarrior's statement. There might be a slight increase for current TM's, but I'm not positive.

I'll still be a Team Maker next season, but won't be purchasing tickets. I let others use my tickets this past season, as I was on the field and my wife doesn't really like going to the games without me. I figure I'll up my TM donation to match what I paid with my tickets and let someone else try to get my seats if they want them. Front row in section 20, seats next to the aisle, and on about the 32-33 yard line on the visitor's side. If a current TM doesn't want them, they'll just end up going into the ticket pool for someone that wants to pony up for a half-scholly (not exactly a bad thing for NDSU).

56BISON73
01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Bisonguy,
Do I got this right?...

Thanks.

Trim
Give Josh a call at the ticket office. he should beable to give you the facts. PL

Trim
01-22-2008, 11:13 PM
I believe you have it correct, at least that's what I'm getting from roadwarrior's statement. There might be a slight increase for current TM's, but I'm not positive.

I'll still be a Team Maker next season, but won't be purchasing tickets. I let others use my tickets this past season, as I was on the field and my wife doesn't really like going to the games without me. I figure I'll up my TM donation to match what I paid with my tickets and let someone else try to get my seats if they want them. Front row in section 20, seats next to the aisle, and on about the 32-33 yard line on the visitor's side. If a current TM doesn't want them, they'll just end up going into the ticket pool for someone that wants to pony up for a half-scholly (not exactly a bad thing for NDSU).

Dang! I would take those in a second, but that would split up my family of four. Don't think the wife would like that!

sambini
01-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Give Josh a call to make sure. 231-ndsu

DORMIE
01-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Because of the recent success of the football program, real good seats are at a premium. A couple of prime seats will draw a half scholarship. That doesn't mean that it will cost you that much. Because of that demand the cost for the seat in certain sections in the lower 22 rows (Row T and below) will be going up. Sec. 1 & 18- $500 to $600, Sec. 34, 2, 17, & 19- $400 to $500, Sec. 33, 3, 20- $250 to $300. This is in addition to the cost of the tickets, usually $100/seat.

Trim
01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Because of the recent success of the football program, real good seats are at a premium. A couple of prime seats will draw a half scholarship. That doesn't mean that it will cost you that much. Because of that demand the cost for the seat in certain sections in the lower 22 rows (Row T and below) will be going up. Sec. 1 & 18- $500 to $600, Sec. 34, 2, 17, & 19- $400 to $500, Sec. 33, 3, 20- $250 to $300. This is in addition to the cost of the tickets, usually $100/seat.

Oooh, I like that better! I had 4 in U or V (can't quite remember) last year. I had assumed that over the years, if I stayed at that level, I would naturally start moving down closer as other people quit or moved sections. Also, I'm willing to sit in any section corresponding to my price level. According to that graphic posted earlier, I was afraid I was going to get froze out from moving into T or lower unless I ponied up a half-scholarship. So, according to you DORMIE, I should be able to get into the first 22 rows with only a $50 increase ($200 for all 4) over what I'm paying now? Done.

Guess I should give Josh a call also. I'm getting all worried!

DORMIE
01-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Trim, I think that most of the seats being considered are between the 35's to 40's. Hope we don't price ourselves out of the market. Sometimes you might think that Simmers and Taylor feel that Bison football is the only show in town. It has become huge, but we have to be concerned if we're becoming too arogant.

56BISON73
01-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Trim, I think that most of the seats being considered are between the 35's to 40's. Hope we don't price ourselves out of the market. Sometimes you might think that Simmers and Taylor feel that Bison football is the only show in town. It has become huge, but we have to be concerned if we're becoming too arogant.

They will find out what the market can bare. After they establish the market for donations for each seat they then can increase game tickets slightly. Which would derive income from everyone. Look at what a 5.00 increase in tickets would get you X 19,000. PL

Bisonguy
01-24-2008, 08:49 PM

My two seats in row 1 of section 20 were already $700 last year ($250/seat TM +$100/seat ticket).

DORMIE
01-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Bisonguy, you got off easy with only an increase of $50/seat. I'm in row Q in Section 2 on the 37 yard line. I'll be paying $500 per seat plus the $100 per ticket for a total of $1200. Maybe...... Ye Gads!!!!!!!

HooliganBison
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Just to let you all know the price for season tickets in the end zone's have gone up to $90. But I think that is because of the additional game. I would like to get teammaker seats but they are just out of my price range. I'm just hoping to keep my current seats long enough that I can eventually move in to some good non-teammaker seats.

Herd Mentality
01-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I guess I'm a little sore about the drastic rise in price this year in a few sections. (Making section 20 a Bison Club section)

First your donation was good for two seats, then one. Then there was one fewer game, but they decided to just charge the same price. Last year was another increase....but now this? I wish I had the time to look back and see what the percentage increase every year is.

I would've liked to have seen a plan and a letter. "Dear Teammakers, due to rising costs and the move to D1.... a x% increase every year until we reach our goal of $xxxx for your section. Blah blah blah"

I'm not sure how many of you have $5500 to drop on 4 tickets, but I honestly don't. If I'm going to be priced out of my seats, I'd like to know about it so I can start working on getting in shape to climb into the nosebleeds.

Flintstone
01-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Herd - I believe the Teammakers dues are only going up $50.00 per seat in section 20 for those of us who already have a membership and seats there.

Trim
02-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Herd - I believe the Teammakers dues are only going up $50.00 per seat in section 20 for those of us who already have a membership and seats there.

I got my renewal letter today, I don't really see that as an option. Trim is getting very worried.

Is it because my 4 seats were in W last year? Maybe you had to be at T or closer to get the $50 "deal"? Man, I will be very frustrated if I get can't get closer than U without putting up a big fat 1/2. Makes me wish I wouldn't have "upgraded" from my 2nd row in section 21 a while back.

56BISON73
02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Has anybody called Josh at the ticket office to get a clarification?????
PL

Trim
02-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I sent an email.

56BISON73
02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
I sent an email.

231-6378

PL

Trim
02-05-2008, 07:48 PM
231-6378

PL

PL, I know, a call would be better but I'm at work and I need to be a bit discreet!

56BISON73
02-05-2008, 09:03 PM
PL, I know, a call would be better but I'm at work and I need to be a bit discreet!

I realize that. I just had the number handy and was going to call myself.

I got off the phone with the office and my teammaker dues didnt go up. Just the season tickets. The reason my donation didnt go up was because my seats are in row BB as I like to sit high and can watch the play unfold no matter where the ball is.
PL

Bisonguy
02-06-2008, 01:25 AM

Yeah, received my renewal today, and the seats went up $50/ea. in addition to the $125 tickets.

Two seats, front row of section 20, $600 +$125 +$125 +$5=$855

bisonaudit
02-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, received my renewal today, and the seats went up $50/ea. in addition to the $125 tickets.

Two seats, front row of section 20, $600 +$125 +$125 +$5=$855

So after the tax deduction that comes out to what? About $60 a seat all-in?

BisonCountry
02-06-2008, 01:23 PM
So after the tax deduction that comes out to what? About $60 a seat all-in?
Ticket Price is not deductible and only 80% of T.M. donation since it is for preferred seating.

Trim
02-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I realize that. I just had the number handy and was going to call myself.

I got off the phone with the office and my teammaker dues didnt go up. Just the season tickets. The reason my donation didnt go up was because my seats are in row BB as I like to sit high and can watch the play unfold no matter where the ball is.
PL

I got a reply from Pat. He said A-T only up $50/seat for existing members in 3, 20, & 33. Now the only question is, are there 4 available for me to move down from my current row? I hope so. Even if I only move down a couple rows, since I'm on the edge of row T right now, I'd do that in a second.

bisonaudit
02-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Ticket Price is not deductible and only 80% of T.M. donation since it is for preferred seating.

Thanks,

I wasn't sure how much of the $600 was deductible.

So if a person's effective federal tax rate is 25% that comes out to $61.25/ticket. Assuming your a football only priority ticket holder. If your donation also gets you priority tickets for basketball that would effectively reduce the cost of your football tickets.

56BISON73
02-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks,

I wasn't sure how much of the $600 was deductible.

So if a person's effective federal tax rate is 25% that comes out to $61.25/ticket. Assuming your a football only priority ticket holder. If your donation also gets you priority tickets for basketball that would effectively reduce the cost of your football tickets.

If the tickets are used for business entertainment I believe that would make them deductable. Which they will only give you credit for 50% of the face value. But I could be wrong. PL

bisonaudit
02-07-2008, 12:00 AM
If the tickets are used for business entertainment I believe that would make them deductable. Which they will only give you credit for 50% of the face value. But I could be wrong. PL

Good point. If you use them for business you're still going to get the charitable donation deduction, plus half the ticket cost is a ligitimate business expense, so now your down to $57.34/ticket from the $71.25/ticket we started at.

assumptions:
$600 teammakers
2 season ticket packages (6 games) @ $125
$5 fullfilment
TM 80% donation/20% priority seating
50% of ticket cost deducted as business expense (priority fee, tickets, and fullfilment)
25% effective tax rate

Gully
02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
anyone have some info on how the fund drive is going? are there a lot of new people joining tm?

99Bison
02-10-2008, 03:15 AM
anyone have some info on how the fund drive is going? are there a lot of new people joining tm?

Fund drive is just startin up, kickoff isn't officially until the 25th of feb. However, there are new fund drive members coming on and many many new TM memberships are already coming in.

Also, ticket demand is really strong.

BISON Thunder
02-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Congrats to the Teammakers...great job!

Bison boosters double up
Jeff Kolpack,
Published Friday, February 15, 2008

The check presented to North Dakota State president Joe Chapman at midcourt of a recent men’s basketball game was so big it probably couldn’t fit into the president’s about-to-be-demolished garage. Then again, that garage got crowded with a couple of bikes.

The check, from NDSU’s Team Makers booster club, was large in two ways: the $1.65 million donation and the fact it was on oversized cardboard about three feet high.

You can say this Division I move was historic with back-to-back 10-1 football seasons and a couple of major upsets by the men’s basketball team. You can say the softball team’s fast rise to being competitive with the Big 12 and Big Ten was a surprise. You can say the women’s basketball win against the University of Minnesota last year was a big step.

All of those, however, pale in comparison to the dramatic rise of Team Makers donations.

At its inception in 1950, the group raised about $10,000 the first year. In the last year of Division II in 2002 before the official Division I announcement, it raised $810,000. That’s approximately an $800,000 bump in 53 years.

From there, it took only four years for Team Makers to double its output. Moreover, the $1.65 million this year was the budgeted amount requested by the athletic department. Team Makers actually exceeded that amount.

Donating to a Division I program must be a trendy thing these days.

“We raised more than our obligation, which was a great thing,” said Shawn Dobberstein, the immediate past president of Team Makers. “The response from the alumni and the community-at-large and the state has just been remarkable.”

The response has been so good that Dobberstein foresees the day Team Makers will reach $3 million.

“I don’t know how but that’s what we’re going to do,” he said.

The agriculture school has a cash cow in the football program. It takes money to get priority seating at the Fargodome and Team Makers has capitalized on the demand. Plus, membership into different fundraising circles has increased.

A scholarship program that began four years ago for people to directly fund either a half or a full scholarship had 16 original donors. A full scholarship is worth about $11,000.

“Last year we had 92,” said Pat Simmers, Team Makers executive director.

Last weekend, NDSU administrators were in Arizona and they did not go down there just to play golf. They would need a few boxes if they brought all the donations back at once.

It wasn’t always that way.

“The first few years was a lot of work,” Simmers said. “It was like knocking on doors trying to sell a couple of vacuums. But the last couple of years the demand has been phenomenal.”

sambini
02-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Join Teammakers today and help out the BISON++++

extremerouge
02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
nice article by kolpack!

sambini
02-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Fund drive kickoff is monday night. ++++++

tony
03-11-2008, 02:57 PM
When are meetings? I'm in the area for another 24 hours and have never been to a TM meeting. Probably won't have time to go but just in case...

Trim
03-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I think they may have had the last one last week. If not, it is at Noon on Thursdays.

imabison
03-11-2008, 05:11 PM
I think they may have had the last one last week. If not, it is at Noon on Thursdays.
Yes the email last week said it was the last one until next fall.

sambini
03-28-2008, 07:54 PM
When are meetings? I'm in the area for another 24 hours and have never been to a TM meeting. Probably won't have time to go but just in case...
Tony PM me when you are in town, And we will see if we can get you to a TEAMMAKER function.

sambini
04-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Pat Simmers told me we have over 2 million billed so far in this fund drive. Great effort and keep it going+++

tony
04-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Holy cow, $2 million already! That's great news.

Am I right with these numbers?

2005: $1.25 million
2006: $1.5 million
2007: $1.7 million
2008: $2.0 million (and counting!)

Those are some pretty hefty increases, dollar wise. OTOH, when the goal was to increase the TM donations from $1.25 million to $1.5 million that meant existing members, like me, probably felt like an extra 20% was called for. Well, $2 million to $2.25 million is only a 12.5% increase. :)

Anybody know what the total scholarship cost is right now and what it would be if we fully funded all sports?

Swat_Team10
04-30-2008, 05:01 AM
Sambini - Do you know when Bison Athletics is going to do the big party at the Venue (The Hub) again? Forgot what it is called...last year they brought in the coach from Marshall University, that was featured in the story behind the movie WE ARE MARSHALL. It was a great event, well attended!

Anybody have any info on when, where, etc???

roadwarrior
04-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Swat Team, we have not heard anything regarding this year's Bison Showcase.

Gully
05-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Holy cow, $2 million already! That's great news.

Am I right with these numbers?

2005: $1.25 million
2006: $1.5 million
2007: $1.7 million
2008: $2.0 million (and counting!)

Those are some pretty hefty increases, dollar wise. OTOH, when the goal was to increase the TM donations from $1.25 million to $1.5 million that meant existing members, like me, probably felt like an extra 20% was called for. Well, $2 million to $2.25 million is only a 12.5% increase. :)

Anybody know what the total scholarship cost is right now and what it would be if we fully funded all sports?

That's some impressive growth! Anybody here a recent season ticket count? I'm sure there will be another run on tickets in the fall. I can hardly wait.

Hammerhead
09-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Do they still sell Teammakers jackets? I was thinking about donating at least $50 to the athletic department again and adding $25 for a Bison Illustrated subscrpition puts me 3/4 of the way to the lowest Teammakers donation level.

Since I live in Oregon, I don't need season tickets or get to attend 99.9% of the luncheons although it would be nice to start working my way up the priority points ladder.

Go_Herd
11-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Teammakers / FB season tickets question

What is the typical location movement seen by your football season tickets over the last 'insert years here'?

Wife and I are first time Teammakers and season ticket holders and was just curious about what we could expect to see for next year. Currently we are hanging out in JJ in section 20 and was just wondering if we could expect to move down some next year, like HH or FF? Oh we have 4 tickets together as well.

56BISON73
11-10-2012, 02:45 AM

What is the typical location movement seen by your football season tickets over the last 'insert years here'?

Wife and I are first time Teammakers and season ticket holders and was just curious about what we could expect to see for next year. Currently we are hanging out in JJ in section 20 and was just wondering if we could expect to move down some next year, like HH or FF? Oh we have 4 tickets together as well.

All depends on what tickets become available and how many priority points you have. You have to put in a request and then let it play out.

roadwarrior
11-10-2012, 02:47 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here: I doubt many season tickets holders are going to drop their seats for next year.

TransAmBison
11-10-2012, 02:53 AM

Wife and I are first time Teammakers and season ticket holders and was just curious about what we could expect to see for next year. Currently we are hanging out in JJ in section 20 and was just wondering if we could expect to move down some next year, like HH or FF? Oh we have 4 tickets together as well.4 tickets...don't expect much.

Go_Herd
11-10-2012, 03:02 AM
how many priority points you have.

Dumb question: So if someone below me only has one season ticket and I have 4 but they keep their seats, is there anyway I would/could pass them because I would be giving 3 more seat's worth of Teammaker dues / priority points?....granted some seats open up.

Go_Herd
11-10-2012, 03:07 AM
I doubt many season tickets holders are going to drop their seats for next year.

Yeah I kind of figured Road, but thought I would still ask to get a general idea.....granted past movements of seats locations will not be the normal anymore.

56BISON73
11-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Dumb question: So if someone below me only has one season ticket and I have 4 but they keep their seats Is there anyway I would/could pass them because I would be giving 3 more seat's worth of teammaker dues / priority points?....granted some seats open up.

Priority points are accumulated. How much have you donated to TM over the years? How many consecutive years have you bought season tickets for FB, MBB, WBB, VB etc. Plus they are not going to move some one just because a person has more points. Points lets you move to better seating when seats become available. If some one else with more points wants the same seats you want when they become available the most points wins.

Go_Herd
11-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Points lets you move to better seating when seats become available. If some one else with more points wants the same seats you want when they become available the most points wins.

Thanks. I was mostly wondering on this.

1998braves64
11-10-2012, 05:24 AM
buying season tickets in other sports also helps priority points... moving down in good years will be a tough proposition. You'd have better luck in down years say like 2008/2009

roadwarrior
11-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Donations to the SHAC project also adds points.

1998braves64
11-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Donations to the SHAC project also adds points.

Speaking is there any inside word on how much is left? They still have the bar graph at 26.6 mil?

TbonZach
03-07-2013, 07:03 AM
After reading the season ticket threads tonight, I finally decided to join Team Makers. I have a few (hopefully) quick questions.

1) On the application there is a space to request season tickets. Being currently a non-TM season ticket holder, do I have to do anything with that or is that just for if I want tickets in the TM areas?

2) On the payment options page there is a space where one can authorize NDSU to deduct X amount of dollars for Y amount of times. Is that just for a checking/savings account or can that be used for a credit card as well?

1998braves64
03-08-2013, 01:57 AM
After reading the season ticket threads tonight, I finally decided to join Team Makers. I have a few (hopefully) quick questions.

1) On the application there is a space to request season tickets. Being currently a non-TM season ticket holder, do I have to do anything with that or is that just for if I want tickets in the TM areas?

2) On the payment options page there is a space where one can authorize NDSU to deduct X amount of dollars for Y amount of times. Is that just for a checking/savings account or can that be used for a credit card as well?

1. Hmm would think being a ticket holder already you wouldn't need to (but would get someone else to verify that... call ticket office?)
2. I think you can pay with credit card online when you go into your account they will show the amount required to be paid, imagine you just go in every Y amount of time and pay it. Think you can do it either way though?

Hammerhead
04-06-2013, 04:32 PM
I just made my first donation to Team Makers so I'm moving up in the world of priority points. I'm sure I still have a long way to go before I can get Frisco tickets through NDSU. :-)

westnodak93bison
04-06-2013, 06:13 PM
I just made my first donation to Team Makers so I'm moving up in the world of priority points. I'm sure I still have a long way to go before I can get Frisco tickets through NDSU. :-)

Sad thing is that many will never have a realistic chance to "move up". However, tickets probably won't be hard to get when we go FBS and play in the Little Ceasars Bowl in some obscure place like Detroit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HerdBot
04-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Sad thing is that many will never have a realistic chance to "move up". However, tickets probably won't be hard to get when we go FBS and play in the Little Ceasars Bowl in some obscure place like Detroit.

Thats because they dont play in small stadiums. Put ndsu in the Orange Bowl like Northern Illinois and we can unleash our full potential

Bison"FANatic"
04-06-2013, 10:32 PM

At least though once you get passed 100 you are in front of the new athletes that join. That is probably some of the largest one time allocation of points that come about.

SamsRams
04-07-2013, 02:39 AM
At least though once you get passed 100 you are in front of the new athletes that join. That is probably some of the largest one time allocation of points that come about.

i thought they got the 100 for being all conference or better

Hammerhead
04-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Just for giggles, I put some numbers into "where could I rank?" link.

If I donated $10,000 I would be #690 on the priority points list.
$1,000 = #2,318.

1998braves64
04-07-2013, 03:59 AM
i thought they got the 100 for being all conference or better

Straight from teammakers page for points breakdown "100 points for being a varsity letter winner in Athletics at NDSU"

Getting your points in the 170+ range seems to be where you jump over most of the atheletes (some that probably never join teammakers?) just judging by how quickly you move up the scale going from 100s to 170s

CAS4127
04-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Straight from teammakers page for points breakdown "100 points for being a varsity letter winner in Athletics at NDSU"

Getting your points in the 170+ range seems to be where you jump over most of the atheletes (some that probably never join teammakers?) just judging by how quickly you move up the scale going from 100s to 170s

Ummm, if athletes are not members they ain't on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1998braves64
04-08-2013, 03:08 AM
Ummm, if athletes are not members they ain't on the list.

Thanks... that's why I had a question mark wondering if they would be included automatically or if they have to join. Guess I was leaning more on the point most of the atheletes that were in teammakers and donating annually would be in the 100-170 range.

BisonTeacher
04-08-2013, 12:02 PM
New members are supposed to get membership cards and Bison Illustrated right? Or are those delivered Pony Express too? Cuz Id rather not have any more goats tearing up my yard.

TransAmBison
04-08-2013, 12:54 PM
New members are supposed to get membership cards and Bison Illustrated right? Or are those delivered Pony Express too? Cuz Id rather not have any more goats tearing up my yard.You get a goat with teh UN_ booster membership. At least that is what CAS & AG said.

1998braves64
04-08-2013, 05:55 PM
New members are supposed to get membership cards and Bison Illustrated right? Or are those delivered Pony Express too? Cuz Id rather not have any more goats tearing up my yard.

New teammaker year doesn't start until June 1st (I think?), last year's cards say good until June 2013 (if I have my memory correct...) anyway.

Bison bison
04-08-2013, 06:20 PM
You get a goat with teh UN_ booster membership. At least that is what CAS & AG said.

If you give to them, you're the goat.

gotts
04-12-2013, 03:09 PM
My employer's matching donation showed up today, nice!

CAS4127
04-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Upgraded to next level and requested 2 more tickets today. Asked about 6th home game and was told there are still a couple of "possibilities" being explored. I then asked if I had to pay more if 6th game comes to pass and he said--"no it will be free".

Ya, right!!

BisonNation11
04-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Upgraded to next level and requested 2 more tickets today. Asked about 6th home game and was told there are still a couple of "possibilities" being explored. I then asked if I had to pay more if 6th game comes to pass and he said--"no it will be free".

Ya, right!!

I'm sure the money they make from selling GA tickets, tailgating, and merchandise from the extra game will offset any possible difference in season ticket price for a 6th home game. I'm still keeping my hopes up that they somehow bring in a home game as I won't be able to make it to SDSU this season.

EndZoneQB
04-12-2013, 10:26 PM

Ya, right!!

What the really means is that you're currently paying for the 6th game right now lol

CAS4127
04-12-2013, 10:56 PM
What the really means is that you're currently paying for the 6th game right now lol

Ya--I know!! So are you biiiaaaatch!!

westnodak93bison
04-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Ya--I know!! So are you biiiaaaatch!!

Geez CAS, about time you contribute something to The Program. :)

56BISON73
04-12-2013, 11:20 PM

Ya, right!!

The sixth game was already figured in to the season ticket price.

BisonTeacher
04-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Got my first bison illustrated as a teammaker. I know its probably stupid to most but we thought it was cool.

CAS4127
04-12-2013, 11:35 PM
The sixth game was already figured in to the season ticket price.

I know that!! But no refund if no 6th game. Not complaining tho-->i believe they should just add extra that was paid to team maker dues. That would benefit NDSU and us. Pos reps for that thought please-->give it up!!

BisonNation11
04-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Got my first bison illustrated as a teammaker. I know its probably stupid to most but we thought it was cool.

I think it's cool you didn't get it a month late or have it delivered by a horse!

BisonTeacher
04-13-2013, 04:48 PM
I think it's cool you didn't get it a month late or have it delivered by a horse!

Yep. This wasnt sealed with any bumperstickers.

80ALUM
04-13-2013, 05:08 PM
I wish Teammakers would allocate priority pts. for being an alumni.

1998braves64
04-14-2013, 02:59 AM
My employer's matching donation showed up today, nice!

So this counts towards priority points as your donation? I guess I never thought about it... never have thought to ask my employer to match... :hide:

td577
04-14-2013, 12:41 PM
I wish Teammakers would allocate priority pts. for being an alumni.

The sheepskin should be worth some points. Between undergraduate and graduate school, I am somewhere in the $50k range given to the school. Others are even higher.

I wonder what percentage of teammakers are not alumni.

HerdBot
04-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Nice bit in Bison Illustrated about teammakers. 95% of donations go right to the source. Only 5% administrative fees. Paid 175k for practice turf, first time venturing into stuff like that

tony
04-16-2013, 04:00 PM
The sheepskin should be worth some points. Between undergraduate and graduate school, I am somewhere in the $50k range given to the school. Others are even higher.

I figure that I already got good value for paying my tuition to NDSU. It's what enables us to earn enough to donate now.

Now, the money that students pay in activity fees to NDSU that goes directly to athletics? I could see counting that toward TM points, less the value of tickets that were made available, of course.

56BISON73
04-16-2013, 06:39 PM

How much of that 50 actually went to athletics? As far as alumni is concerned how do you categorize alumni? Of course graduating gets you in. How about attending NDSU but didnt graduate?

td577
04-16-2013, 08:59 PM
How much of that 50 actually went to athletics? As far as alumni is concerned how do you categorize alumni? Of course graduating gets you in. How about attending NDSU but didnt graduate?

First of all, I do think it is unfair to separate academics and athletics at this level. They feed off each other. Like you, I am sure, I am just as concerned about the state of the education as I am about the football team. So as a student, my tuition and fees were mostly to support the education side and help provide an educational experience attractive enough to recruit quality student/athletes. Now most of donations, like teammakers and scholarship fund, go towards athletics because I feel a successful athletic program fees academics through increased national exposure.

As car as those who attended and didn't graduate, or those who never went to Ndsu and are boosters, it is awesome they are part of the support system. That being said, I also feel the university and athletic programs insure greater long term success by going out of their way to capture the vested interest and loyalty of those with the sheepskin. If giving a few points to NDSU graduates encourages more to participate, it will continue to grow the Bison community even stronger.

There is no exclusion, just rewarding an education commitment to Ndsu on a different level.

CAS4127
04-16-2013, 09:12 PM
First of all, I do think it is unfair to separate academics and athletics at this level. They feed off each other. Like you, I am sure, I am just as concerned about the state of the education as I am about the football team. So as a student, my tuition and fees were mostly to support the education side and help provide an educational experience attractive enough to recruit quality student/athletes. Now most of donations, like teammakers and scholarship fund, go towards athletics because I feel a successful athletic program fees academics through increased national exposure.

As car as those who attended and didn't graduate, or those who never went to Ndsu and are boosters, it is awesome they are part of the support system. That being said, I also feel the university and athletic programs insure greater long term success by going out of their way to capture the vested interest and loyalty of those with the sheepskin. If giving a few points to NDSU graduates encourages more to participate, it will continue to grow the Bison community even stronger.

There is no exclusion, just rewarding an education commitment to Ndsu on a different level.

I'm in, as I am sure most former NDSU athletes would be(as vast majority graduate)-->get points for being on varsity team AND for being a graduated Alum!!!

Where do I sign the petition?!?!?

tony
04-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Dunno. Sounds like entitlements to me. :)

CAS4127
04-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Dunno. Sounds like entitlements to me. :)

I see what u did there!!

HerdBot
04-16-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm in, as I am sure most former NDSU athletes would be(as vast majority graduate)-->get points for being on varsity team AND for being a graduated Alum!!!

Where do I sign the petition?!?!?

I have mixed feelings because Teammakers funded the athletes scholarship but on the flip side, former athletes are typically the bigger donors.

BisonNation11
04-16-2013, 09:38 PM
I have mixed feelings because Teammakers funded the athletes scholarship but on the flip side, former athletes are typically the bigger donors.

This makes no sense. Former varsity letter winners already receive 100 points when they join TM. How does your post support or argue the case for getting more points for academics?

CAS4127
04-16-2013, 09:43 PM
This makes no sense. Former varsity letter winners already receive 100 points when they join TM. How does your post support or argue the case for getting more points for academics?

U do realize who wrote that post, right?!

BisonNation11
04-16-2013, 09:51 PM
U do realize who wrote that post, right?!

Sure do. Just trying to figure out how what he said had any relevance of any sort to the discussion. :biggrin:

HerdBot
04-16-2013, 11:48 PM

I didn't read the whole thread. Interesting. 100 points wow! That's a ton of points. Having a ticket base of former athletes is smart

CAS4127
04-16-2013, 11:56 PM
I didn't read the whole thread. Interesting. 100 points wow! That's a ton of points.

Is it?! I will need two knee replacements soon, I can't bend my left arm/shoulder to scratch my back. I have major disc problem in cervical and lumbar spine, memory loss, arthritic fingers, a right knee that locks up and is very painful to this day, and missed out on countless good times because of football. Not complaint, just asking you and others to consider those things-->and I would still kick your ass and have the back of any current or former player!!

THINK!!

HerdBot
04-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Is it?! I will need two knee replacements soon, I can't bend my left arm/shoulder to scratch my back. I have major disc problem in cervical and lumbar spine, memory loss, arthritic fingers, a right knee that locks up and is very painful to this day, and missed out on countless good times because of football. Not complaint, just asking you and others to consider those things-->and I would still kick your ass and have the back of any current or former player!!

THINK!!

Damn. Sucks. I guess I had 60k in student loans more than you. Of course I dont have an ache in my body either. Then again I don't have amazing memories like you either. I think athletes deserve points didn't realize its that many. Took me a decade to get 100 points

CAS4127
04-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Damn. Sucks. I guess I had 60k in student loans more than you. Of course I dont have an ache in my body either. Then again I don't have amazing memories like you either

As an FYI, I agreed to have academic scholarships subsidize my athletic scholarship-->guess I got "lucky" there too!

I better leave here now, but, GFY!!

80ALUM
04-17-2013, 12:15 AM
I agree with the pt. system allocated for former athletes. I think if graduates were awarded pts. too(and yes, athletes could double up on these) it may offset some of the problems with corporate ticket holders being able to get tickets while alumni do not. Points for alumni could put the single donor more on par with corporate donors who give multiple tickets away to the casual fan.

HerdBot
04-17-2013, 12:16 AM
As an FYI, I agreed to have academic scholarships subsidize my athletic scholarship-->guess I got "lucky" there too!

I better leave here now, but, GFY!!

Geez man who pissed in your Cheerios. I pretty much agreed with you. I dont have a problem with athletes getting points. You earned it. I just think I earned it too and I (and other former grads) deserve SOME level of TM points but not as many as athletes

CAS4127
04-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Geez man who pissed in your Cheerios. I pretty much agreed with you. I dont have a problem with athletes getting points. You earned it. I just think I earned it too and I (and other former grads) deserve SOME level of TM points but not as many as athletes

Sorry-->I misinterpreted your post then. My bad. And thanks for being a TM member. Peace!

HerdBot
04-17-2013, 12:21 AM
I agree with the pt. system allocated for former athletes. I think if graduates were awarded pts. too(and yes, athletes could double up on these) it may offset some of the problems with corporate ticket holders being able to get tickets while alumni do not. Points for alumni could put the single donor more on par with corporate donors who give multiple tickets away to the casual fan.

I never got points. Maybe i screwed up when I signed up. Ill contact Simmers

HerdBot
04-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Sorry-->I misinterpreted your post then. My bad. And thanks for being a TM member. Peace!

I should have read the entire thread instead of jumping into the middle of a conversation

56BISON73
04-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Iowa gives 10 points for being a graduate.

56BISON73
04-17-2013, 12:26 AM
I never got points. Maybe i screwed up when I signed up. Ill contact Simmers

Points for?

BisonTeacher
04-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Points for?

YOu don't get points for starting threads?

Just trying to diffuse the tension. :hide:

56BISON73
04-17-2013, 01:04 AM
YOu don't get points for starting threads?

Just trying to diffuse the tension. :hide:

Tension? :rofl:

great reply by the way

BisonTeacher
04-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Tension? :rofl:

great reply by the way

I dont want anyone bothering Simmers with such tedious things. Hes too busy looking for my lost check. :-)

56BISON73
04-17-2013, 01:17 AM
I dont want anyone bothering Simmers with such tedious things. Hes too busy looking for my lost check. :-)

Didnt they tell you they dont take checks? :biggrin:

td577
04-17-2013, 02:17 AM
I have been thinking today. It would be fair for those who invested in an Ndsu education regardless of ending. It would encourage those to take a online course or pursue certificates. I do think one point per credit would be too much. Between undergraduate and graduate school I have well over 200 credit hours from Ndsu alone. So most degree programs are around 120-130 credit hours. One point for every 6 credit hours and only full points. So 125 credit hours would be 20 points. Or one point for every 12 credit hours so for most four year degrees it would be 10 points.

The key would be to make it attractive enough for people to look at taking classes to build up points. Everyone wins. Those who have ever taken more than four classes would get at least a point or two and those that graduate would get a considerable level. Those on the fringe about a certificate program might like the point incentive. I would sign a release for teammakers to verify my credits for points.

CAS4127
04-17-2013, 02:22 AM
I have been thinking today. It would be fair for those who invested in an Ndsu education regardless of ending. It would encourage those to take a online course or pursue certificates. I do think one point per credit would be too much. Between undergraduate and graduate school I have well over 200 credit hours from Ndsu alone. So most degree programs are around 120-130 credit hours. One point for every 6 credit hours and only full points. So 125 credit hours would be 20 points. Or one point for every 12 credit hours so for most four year degrees it would be 10 points.

The key would be to make it attractive enough for people to look at taking classes to build up points. Everyone wins. Those who have ever taken more than four classes would get at least a point or two and those that graduate would get a considerable level. Those on the fringe about a certificate program might like the point incentive. I would sign a release for teammakers to verify my credits for points.

No effing way-- to complicated. Grad 10, Masters 5 doctorate 5. Gotta have all from SU or u otherwise get what you got, as in numbers stated. Y make things so effing complicated these days?!?

tony
04-17-2013, 02:43 AM

I'd go the other way... people should get an NDSU credit for every 30 TM points they've earned. I'll take mine in Physics please.

56BISON73
04-17-2013, 02:52 AM
I'd go the other way... people should get an NDSU credit for every 30 TM points they've earned. I'll take mine in Physics please.

Lets go another way---for everyone who played sports at NDSU they should get credits for every hour dedicated to that sport.
Ok wheres my degree????

CAS4127
04-17-2013, 02:53 AM

Nice honorary degree--didn't one of colleges already try something similar to this??

1998braves64
04-17-2013, 04:04 AM
No effing way-- to complicated. Grad 10, Masters 5 doctorate 5. Gotta have all from SU or u otherwise get what you got, as in numbers stated. Y make things so effing complicated these days?!?

Considering there are what only a few thousand (3,000?) teammakers... put the onus on the teammaker to supply said information. It's all on the transcript what has been taken... they pull a transcript send it in. I agree needs to be a little simpler and somewhat agree that maybe only full graduates get it. I'm slightly biased as I'm one of those non-graduates but I am not going to complain if it ever was implemented that only graduates get it... I don't feel entitled to any points for my schooling since I never graduated from NDSU. What about those that started elsewhere and finished at NDSU... not like they technically gave as much as a full 4 year (or more for some people) undergrad did. I would say max of 10 maybe 15 points (if you get PhD in something). Not sure this is even on the radar... more concerned about getting BSA remodeled...

JSUBison
04-17-2013, 03:49 PM
The whole point of teammakers is to raise cash, some people want it to be like fantasy baseball or wizards and warriors. If you want an extra 10 points how about donating the extra $500 or whatever instead of rolling your six sided dice. I think the current system is fine the way it is.

80ALUM
04-17-2013, 04:02 PM
You will not get 10 pts. for only donating $500. I am guessing you are not an alumni. Universities value their alumni and this would be one way of showing that. BTW I am up there in pts. and usually have enough priority pts to get tickets but many don't. I will continue to increase my donations and when I have extra tickets I give them to faithful fans who do not have enough priority pts. to get their own unlike some corporate donors who give them to someone who went to the school up north.

TAILG8R
04-17-2013, 04:12 PM
You will not get 10 pts. for only donating $500. I am guessing you are not an alumni. Universities value their alumni and this would be one way of showing that. BTW I am up there in pts. and usually have enough priority pts to get tickets but many don't. I will continue to increase my donations and when I have extra tickets I give them to faithful fans who do not have enough priority pts. to get their own unlike some corporate donors who give them to someone who went to the school up north.

1 point for every $50 donated, doesn't that equal 10 points?

Tatanka
04-17-2013, 04:26 PM
1 point for every $50 donated, doesn't that equal 10 points?Whoa there bucko with your fancy mathematics and logic. That stopped being relevant several pages back.

tony
04-17-2013, 04:29 PM
1 point for every $50 donated, doesn't that equal 10 points?

That's how I'd calculate it. Some people seem to have forgotten that Team Makers is a charity first and foremost.

Bison bison
04-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Money talks and bullshit walks.

Answer Guy
04-17-2013, 04:33 PM
bullshit walks.

I would think CAS would be in better shape.

bisonaudit
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM
I think Maryland throws graduates a bone contingent on them joining the Terrapin Club shortly after they finish school. They've also got a fairly sophisticated student loyalty program and that may or may not tie into the Terrapin Club upon graduation.

td577
04-17-2013, 05:30 PM
That's how I'd calculate it. Some people seem to have forgotten that Team Makers is a charity first and foremost.

I don't think people forget that and realize the role of teammakers and athletics. Obviously someone has realized incentivizing athletes to join is paramount to a successful booster program. That same holds true for alumni. The alumni have a vested interest in all of NDSU's success in both athletics and academics. It is through positive exposure of our programs that increase the value of the degree.

I will be a teammaker with or without extra points for graduating, but it would be a tool to gain extra support with very little effort. While some might look at it as a reward system, I look at it as a recruitment system. It is imperative you keep every alum attached to the school in any way possible. Those same people donating to athletics are some of the same people donating to academics. Without academics there are no athletics. There are probably some out there that would say without athletics you can still have academics. I don't think those education systems are able to market on the same level.

While teammakers is a charity, it also gets to control the availability of tickets. Instead of using incentive programs to build booster support, there is a fear factor being utilized that will garner short term success but unknown in the long term. There are very few mechanisms that keep the alumni community involved as successfully as the athletic programs. In turn, it is crucial to keep alumni in the fold and get them early.

Lastly, this isn't the Fargo area Bison. It isn't the North Dakota athletic club. It is the North Dakota State University Bison. If someone is going to preach at graduations that once a Bison, always a Bison; then anything attached to the university needs to be collectively seeking alumni involvement at all costs.

I know I said lastly, but I do have one more thing. I am always amazed at the number of Teammakers who didn't go to Ndsu. I think it is a great thing. I also think those people do not have a vested interest in the education side of the equation. It is only about the sports. Then the viewpoint becomes about entertainment and not the true reason for a educational institution to field athletics. Athletics can and do play a large part in the education process. On its own, there are numerous educational values. Coupled with academics, it becomes a cohesive entity drawing espirit de corp among the students and alumni. It is not just about football or basketball or any of the other sports, it is about how those sports fit into the larger picture of academics and equal the societal contribution.

80ALUM
04-17-2013, 09:18 PM
1 point for every $50 donated, doesn't that equal 10 points? points awarded are based on the account donated to. Usually 1 pt per $500 or $1000 donation.

Trumpster
04-17-2013, 09:24 PM
points awarded are based on the account donated to. Usually 1 pt per $500 or $1000 donation.

Crazy how I got 10 points for donating $500 then, instead of 1 or 1/2 points.

ISXBISON
04-17-2013, 09:25 PM
points awarded are based on the account donated to. Usually 1 pt per $500 or $1000 donation.

Donations to team makers get you 1pt per $50

EndZoneQB
04-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Crazy how I got 10 points for donating $500 then, instead of 1 or 1/2 points.

Yeahhhh, that's exactly how it goes. It's pretty clear on the TM site, don't worry lol

Tatanka
04-17-2013, 09:28 PM

Priority Point System
Q. What is the priority point system?
Bison Athletics has established a point system for the allocation of tickets for football men’s and women’s basketball and post - season competitions. The system recognizes both continuous loyalty and financial support.

Q. How does the priority point system work?
The priority point system uses many factors, including continuous years as a season ticket holder, continuous years as a Team Makers Club member and other factors to determine point totals for new or improved seating assignments.

There are three different categories of points:
Lifetime, Consecutive and Annual.

Lifetime points are non - cumulative and carry over each year;

Consecutive points for membership accumulate yearly unless membership lapses, then all points are lost.
The same is for consecutive years of holding season tickets, points accumulate yearly unless season tickets are not purchased then all points are lost.
Annual points are cumulative and are earned each year.
Accumulations represent support from 1993 – present.
Lifetime Points

NDSU Varsity Letter Winner
1 time 100 points

Consecutive Points

Consecutive Years of Membership
1 point for each consecutive year of Team Maker membership

Consecutive Years as a Season Ticket Holder
1 point per year for each consecutive year for the purchase of football, men’s basketball,
women’s basketball, wrestling and volleyball season tickets

Annual Points

Cumulative Contributions
1 point for each $50 contribution to the Team Makers Club

Endowment, Cornerstone, Bison Excellence, Brick & Mortar
1 point for every $100 contributed

NDSU Development Foundation
1 point for every $1,000 contributed

In - Kind Donations to Athletics
1 point for every $500 value of in - kind contributions

http://www.gobison.com/pdf8/818248.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=2400

TransAmBison
04-17-2013, 09:30 PM
How many points do you get for rep points? Can I travel hack for more? Can I get them at teh sky mall?

80ALUM
04-17-2013, 09:36 PM
I was referring to donations to the University.

EndZoneQB
04-17-2013, 09:51 PM
I was referring to donations to the University.

Go home 80, you're drunk. This is a TM thread. lol

Gully
04-17-2013, 11:40 PM

I don't know about that. Sure, some are big donors but there are many that aren't really that interested.

Gully
04-17-2013, 11:45 PM

My check to TM went through with no problem. I'm always pleased with how they take care of me. :)

56BISON73
04-17-2013, 11:51 PM

Surprisingly that isnt true as of 2-3 years ago. But with TM reaching out to former players hopefully that trend will have changed.

GOB1SON
04-18-2013, 01:21 AM
How about every graduate gets a one year, complimentary membership in TM, complete with say 10 priority points. Maybe they don't get a subscription to BI, but some other mailings, etc...

However, in order to keep the points, you must continue your TM membership past the introductory year.

The graduate membership could be counted as a different level to keep a "realistic" account of members, etc... but they would be welcome at TM functions, have some or maybe all rights and privileges of membership. Some variant of that.

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 01:50 AM
How about every graduate gets a one year, complimentary membership in TM, complete with say 10 priority points. Maybe they don't get a subscription to BI, but some other mailings, etc...

However, in order to keep the points, you must continue your TM membership past the introductory year.

The graduate membership could be counted as a different level to keep a "realistic" account of members, etc... but they would be welcome at TM functions, have some or maybe all rights and privileges of membership. Some variant of that.

Different levels and different groups will just add to more confusion than there is now. IMO

GOB1SON
04-18-2013, 02:19 AM
Different levels and different groups will just add to more confusion than there is now. IMO

If we are going to continue to grow the athletic department, we will need to find creative ways to engage new graduates with TM.

But maybe this approach is simply too complicated, at least for now. There are bigger fish for TM to fry at present.

SlickVic
04-18-2013, 01:34 PM
I quit team makers a couple years ago theyre lunches were gross so I joined the elks club instead...with the benifit of hindsight im happy with ny decision

HerdBot
04-18-2013, 04:08 PM
I quit team makers a couple years ago theyre lunches were gross so I joined the elks club instead...with the benifit of hindsight im happy with ny decision

I've never been to a TM lunch before but I do it to provide financial support to NDSU athletics, which in turn leads to National Championships. You have to be joking right?

HerdBot
04-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Surprisingly that isnt true as of 2-3 years ago. But with TM reaching out to former players hopefully that trend will have changed.

Hope so. Former athletes are the foundation of the program and the biggest promoters. Bohl does a great job. Need more bad ass moments like the on field meeting in Frisco. Wasn't there obviously but it had to have been an inspiring moment and a way to get former athletes involved.

You would hope a guy who made the NFL and is making millions would make SOME donations. I guarantee you an NFL guy has more money than guys like me do! Seems like Mays and Dahl are always talking Bison or representing us on some level. Heck Joe has a tattoo! Stacey Robinson was awesome. It bugs me we never reach out to guys like Steve Nelson. (or maybe we do but he isn't interested)

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Hope so. Former athletes are the foundation of the program and the biggest promoters. Bohl does a great job. Need more bad ass moments like the on field meeting in Frisco. Wasn't there obviously but it had to have been an inspiring moment and a way to get former athletes involved.

You would hope a guy who made the NFL and is making millions would make SOME donations. I guarantee you an NFL guy has more money than guys like me do! Seems like Mays and Dahl are always talking Bison or representing us on some level. Heck Joe has a tattoo! Stacey Robinson was awesome. It bugs me we never reach out to guys like Steve Nelson. (or maybe we do but he isn't interested)

How do you know they havent? How do you know hes not a TM? Where do you come up with stuff like this?

roadwarrior
04-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Where do you come up with stuff like this?

gabeworld.

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 05:26 PM
gabeworld.

Moose at the door should have told me.

HerdBot
04-18-2013, 05:33 PM
How do you know they havent? How do you know hes not a TM? Where do you come up with stuff like this?

Let me rephrase... I mean he's probably the highest achieving Bison football player of all time and I've never read or seen anything on him. Nobody ever talks about his accomplishments or nothing. No articles. No interviews. No old highlights. It's like he never existed. Hardly anyone who is a Bison fan (under 40) knows about his NFL career yet his number is retired in New England. I guess when I never see or hear of somone I assume they are not involved in NDSU athletics but I could be wrong. We should try and get these guys involved if we're not already

tony
04-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Let me rephrase... I mean he's probably the highest achieving Bison football player of all time and I've never read or seen anything on him. Nobody ever talks about his accomplishments or nothing. No articles. No interviews. No old highlights. It's like he never existed. Hardly anyone who is a Bison fan (under 40) knows about his NFL career yet his number is retired in New England. I guess when I never see or hear of somone I assume they are not involved in NDSU athletics but I could be wrong. We should try and get these guys involved if we're not already

Well, he is in the NDSU Hall of Fame and was mentioned as a possible coach to replace Babich. A Google search of bisonville.com returned 149 results featuring the phrase "Steve Nelson."

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 05:57 PM

Many have written a check. They just dont require any fanfare to do it.

GOB1SON
04-18-2013, 06:09 PM

Its called the internet, also known as the place where I can anonymously make up whatever shit I need to make the useless point that just popped into my head so I can argue with some other anonymous guy.

Ugh.

SlickVic
04-18-2013, 06:29 PM
I've never been to a TM lunch before but I do it to provide financial support to NDSU athletics, which in turn leads to National Championships. You have to be joking right?

Your not missing out I had sack lunches in grade school that were better...but srsly I severed all ties with team makers when the refused to recognize lakes legal rights as an american and banned him from bison games which was in blatent violation of the first ammendment...give me liberty or give me death is my motto who said that patrick henry...and as my boy emmit smith would say dat right dat right

Tatanka
04-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Its called the internet, also known as the place where I can anonymously make up whatever shit I need to make the useless point that just popped into my head so I can argue with some other anonymous guy.

Ugh.I disagree, and I have the link to prove it.

TransAmBison
04-18-2013, 06:40 PM
I disagree.http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbdAXAzkj6v0gRQhzOR_1TuotecBn8h 0I0Q_FLIkktOyHi4ZaLUQ

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Your not missing out I had sack lunches in grade school that were better...but srsly I severed all ties with team makers when the refused to recognize lakes legal rights as an american and banned him from bison games which was in blatent violation of the first ammendment...give me liberty or give me death is my motto who said that patrick henry...and as my boy emmit smith would say dat right dat right

:facepalm::facepalm:

HerdBot
04-18-2013, 06:54 PM

Where in the constitution does it say you have the right to attend a Bison game? :rofl: Did I miss something?

HerdBot
04-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Well, he is in the NDSU Hall of Fame and was mentioned as a possible coach to replace Babich. A Google search of bisonville.com returned 149 results featuring the phrase "Steve Nelson."

Yeah but I started 109 od those threads!

EndZoneQB
04-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah but I started 109 od those threads!

LOL, the guy DOES have a point.

SlickVic
04-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Where in the constitution does it say you have the right to attend a Bison game? :rofl: Did I miss something?

Dont kid your self gabe theres a reason they ant got that shack built yet its because all the funds are being used towards a guantano bay style concentration camp where they can water board any tailgators they see fit for no other reason then disrespecting the all mighty and honorable pat the 2 faced and 6 chins simmerz

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 07:09 PM

Its been 40 years since he played. How many articles need to be written about him? How many articles about Ardell Weigant? He is an All American. In the HOF. And was a Bison coach who went on and coached college ball and in the pros and I see him at every game. I see numerous former players at TM and at games. Dont assume.

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Dont kid your self gabe theres a reason they ant got that shack built yet its because all the funds are being used towards a guantano bay style concentration camp where they can water board any tailgators they see fit for no other reason then disrespecting the all mighty and honorable pat the 2 faced and 6 chins simmerz

Trolling pretty hard today. WHAT HAPPENED? Strippers wont take your money now?:rofl:

HerdBot
04-18-2013, 07:16 PM

Good humor but in all seriousness. Lakes has freedom of speech . It just doesn't apply to private businesses. If I worked for Fox and blogged that Fox sucks and ABC is the shit thats my right. But Fox has the right to shitcan my ass too. Then I have the right to speak about how they suck. TM is no different. If they feel he represents ndsu poorly they can fire him

Simmers and TM is a different discussion for a different day. I could be wrong but I dont think Teammakers has anything to do with the shac fund. Correct me if Im wrong

GOB1SON
04-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Good humor but in all seriousness. Lakes has freedom of speech . It just doesn't apply to private businesses. If I worked for Fox and blogged that Fox sucks and ABC is the shit thats my right. But Fox has the right to shitcan my ass too. Then I have the right to speak about how they suck. TM is no different. If they feel he represents ndsu poorly they can fire him

Simmers and TM is a different discussion for a different day. I could be wrong but I dont think Teammakers has anything to do with the shac fund. Correct me if Im wrong

You sure you want to open that can of worms?

SlickVic
04-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Trolling pretty hard today. WHAT HAPPENED? Strippers wont take your money now?:rofl:

Your forgetting about the 3 rs again patrick...tisk tisk tisk

aces1180
04-18-2013, 07:44 PM

I wrote an article in BI about him back in either 08 or 09.

HerdBot
04-18-2013, 07:56 PM
I wrote an article in BI about him back in either 08 or 09.

Fine work ten char

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Your forgetting about the 3 rs again patrick...tisk tisk tisk

You can't expect what you haven't earned.

Bison"FANatic"
04-18-2013, 10:58 PM

Entitlement PL entitlement. It's the new hip thing.

HerdBot
04-18-2013, 11:02 PM

You should modify your sig with an asterisk

Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions. *

*applies only when earned. Does not include the likes of Slick Vic, Gabe, Lakes, or pretty much anyone I don't agree with which is 90% of Bisonville

westnodak93bison
04-18-2013, 11:08 PM

Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions. *

*applies only when earned. Does not include the likes of Slick Vic, Gabe, Lakes, or pretty much anyone I don't agree with which is 90% of Bisonville

So you in the 10% ?

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Entitlement PL entitlement. It's the new hip thing.

Respect is always given until one proves its not deserved.

56BISON73
04-18-2013, 11:12 PM

:biggrin: well done.

sambini
04-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Slick I am sorry you are not a Teammaker. I have been involved for over 20 plus years. President in 2001 and would not trade it for anything. Great people who share a common goal of raising money for Athletic scholarships at NDSU. I like the results I see with the student athletes and who they become. My brother and I started an endowment for mens track and field a few years back. Slick your not hurting Pat Simmers its for the student athletes. Thanks a very proud member of Teammakers. GO BISON... Teammakers starts at 100.00 tax deductible

SlickVic
04-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Ok sambini your heart felt plea got to me...I will be re joining and drinking free bud in the team maker tent once again this season...first ones for you fool ++++++++++

sambini
04-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Good to hear.... Teammakers and the athletes thank you.

MAKBison
04-20-2013, 03:52 PM
I figure that I already got good value for paying my tuition to NDSU. It's what enables us to earn enough to donate now.

Now, the money that students pay in activity fees to NDSU that goes directly to athletics? I could see counting that toward TM points, less the value of tickets that were made available, of course.

Its a two way street every time am Alum succeeds it brings up SU. Graduates should receive priority points the same as athletes. Say 5 per certificate, 10 UG, 15 Master and 20 Ph.D, That would give a letter winner assuming they graduated with a UG 110 points.

MAKBison
04-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I am with Cass keep it simple.

Thus, you only get PP if you are a TM and you actually graduated

Certificate 5 pts
UG 10pts
Master 15 Pts
Ph.D 20pts

In my case that would give me 40 Points on top of my donations. This configuration would in no way put me ahead of those who donates $$$, but it will give me an edge over none Alumni who donate at the same rate---which again seems fair.

The real question is how in the hell do TM even make decisions. Who is on the executive board, when does it meet, etc etc. I am all for SU, but it seems more and more TM is run by a small group of people without much effort put into including members in the decision making process. Anyone have any insights?

I am still poed about the new tailgating configuration---completely ruined the ability to connect with other TM at the game (which I thoroughly enjoined...met some great people and had several interesting conversations). The new system just does not have the same feel or atmosphere. (BTW---because of this I am looking for a new tailgate opportunity.---not afraid to pitch in and pay my fair share--- pm me if you are looking to add two guys)

sambini
04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Teammakers has an executive board of directors. And also a regular board of directors. Executive board includes Gene Taylor and Pat Simmers. Executive board meets once a month and they make the decisions. If your interested give Pat a call. And start you out on the fund drive team. And maybe get you involved.

MAKBison
04-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Teammakers has an executive board of directors. And also a regular board of directors. Executive board includes Gene Taylor and Pat Simmers. Executive board meets once a month and they make the decisions. If your interested give Pat a call. And start you out on the fund drive team. And maybe get you involved.

Is that like a try out? LOL---
Are the meetings open to members, if so when and where do they meet?

HerdBot
04-20-2013, 05:16 PM
I am with Cass keep it simple.

Thus, you only get PP if you are a TM and you actually graduated

Certificate 5 pts
UG 10pts
Master 15 Pts
Ph.D 20pts

In my case that would give me 40 Points on top of my donations. This configuration would in no way put me ahead of those who donates $$$, but it will give me an edge over none Alumni who donate at the same rate---which again seems fair.

The real question is how in the hell do TM even make decisions. Who is on the executive board, when does it meet, etc etc. I am all for SU, but it seems more and more TM is run by a small group of people without much effort put into including members in the decision making process. Anyone have any insights?

I am still poed about the new tailgating configuration---completely ruined the ability to connect with other TM at the game (which I thoroughly enjoined...met some great people and had several interesting conversations). The new system just does not have the same feel or atmosphere. (BTW---because of this I am looking for a new tailgate opportunity.---not afraid to pitch in and pay my fair share--- pm me if you are looking to add two guys)

Email simmers

I will be pissed if I dont get my tailgating passes and if they don't expand. Im basically begging to give them money for tailgating which helps the athletic department.

Reserved? May have to meet up with your buddies on the south half of the new lot.

Me Im concerned I wont get my passes and I will eventually not be able to tailgate on the west side which will ultimately ruin my game day experience and I will find myself on the non alcohol side hiding beer like a 16 year old kid

roadwarrior
04-20-2013, 05:49 PM
You don't need a parking spot in the tailgate lots to enjoy the game day experience.

HerdBot
04-20-2013, 05:58 PM
You don't need a parking spot in the tailgate lots to enjoy the game day experience.

When you buy an RV just for tailgating and have a grand worth of other Bison stuff, its going to piss me off. I didnt buy all that stuff to not use it.

aces1180
04-20-2013, 07:33 PM
When you buy an RV just for tailgating and have a grand worth of other Bison stuff, its going to piss me off. I didnt buy all that stuff to not use it.

I have a request in for spots too...How many priority points do you have?

roadwarrior
04-20-2013, 07:58 PM

Yeah, that makes a difference. I have $8 invested in a cooler.

56BISON73
04-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Email simmers

I will be pissed if I dont get my tailgating passes and if they don't expand. Im basically begging to give them money for tailgating which helps the athletic department.

Reserved? May have to meet up with your buddies on the south half of the new lot.

Me Im concerned I wont get my passes and I will eventually not be able to tailgate on the west side which will ultimately ruin my game day experience and I will find myself on the non alcohol side hiding beer like a 16 year old kid

Write a check that will ensure you get what you want.

aces1180
04-20-2013, 09:06 PM

Money talks and bullshit walks.

Bison bison
04-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah, that makes a difference. I have $8 invested in a cooler.

Could have just opened a checking account at gate city bank...

HerdBot
04-20-2013, 10:10 PM

I have over a hundred teammakers points and it still may not be enough. According to the website I'm in the top 95%. Asking more of me is BS. I tried to add more seats but was denied. I have more points than people with 20 years who have season tickets but no teammakers.

What's the alternative? Pay $3 a game vs $75 per spot? Teammakers is just pissing a revenue opportunity away while pissing off supporters. I'm begging to donate more. 5 spots x $75 each aint chump change. There is NO REASON why they cant expand. If they want to they can. They have plenty of space. If they want more money from me sell me a fuckin spot. 5 actually

Tatanka
04-20-2013, 10:22 PM
I have over a hundred teammakers points and it still may not be enough. According to the website I'm in the top 95%.
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/misc-got-a-badass-over-here-l.png

Asking more of me is BS.

I'm begging to donate more.
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/misc-jackie-chan-l.png

I have more points than people with 20 years who have season tickets but no teammakers.
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/neutral-feel-like-a-sir-clean-l.png

5 spots x $75 each aint chump change. There is NO REASON why they cant expand. If they want to they can. They have plenty of space. If they want more money from me sell me a fuckin spot. 5 actually
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/angry-desk-flip-l.png

HerdBot
04-20-2013, 10:31 PM
http://allthttp://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/neutral-feel-like-a-sir-clean-l.png

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/angry-desk-flip-l.png

:rofl: you could always try mime school!

56BISON73
04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
I have over a hundred teammakers points and it still may not be enough. According to the website I'm in the top 95%. Asking more of me is BS. I tried to add more seats but was denied. I have more points than people with 20 years who have season tickets but no teammakers.

What's the alternative? Pay $3 a game vs $75 per spot? Teammakers is just pissing a revenue opportunity away while pissing off supporters. I'm begging to donate more. 5 spots x $75 each aint chump change. There is NO REASON why they cant expand. If they want to they can. They have plenty of space. If they want more money from me sell me a fuckin spot. 5 actually

Whats your ranking?

HerdBot
04-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Whats your ranking?

I cant remember its somewhere between 1 and 2k 1500 maybe?

56BISON73
04-20-2013, 10:40 PM
I cant remember its somewhere between 1 and 2k 1500 maybe?

That means 1499 people are in front of you.

HerdBot
04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
That means 1499 people are in front of you.

And 30,000 after me. Point is this. They have the whole south side of the new tailgating lot, the east side of the dome as well as the south end across from the bsa. If teammakers wants to bitch about not having enough money, Ill just point to reserved tailgating money they are ignoring. Heck 75 per spot is almost as much as donations for game seats. They also cut off season tickets when they easily could have done something in the endzone. They could raise more money but they mustn't want it. It would be nice if they could continue to do things like buying turf for the practice field or putting a dome on top of it. Takes money

56BISON73
04-20-2013, 11:00 PM
And 30,000 after me. Point is this. They have the whole south side of the new tailgating lot, the east side of the dome as well as the south end across from the bsa. If teammakers wants to bitch about not having enough money, Ill just point to reserved tailgating money they are ignoring. Heck 75 per spot is almost as much as donations for game seats. They also cut off season tickets when they easily could have done something in the endzone. They could raise more money but they mustn't want it. It would be nice if they could continue to do things like buying turf for the practice field or putting a dome on top of it. Takes money

Baby steps grasshopper. Baby steps. You dont think that TM doesnt know their revenue options? Seriously? You change things gradually when it comes to price points. They could have done all of this a few years ago but didnt. Demand also dictates pricing. They have grown each year. Obviously their plan is working.

HerdBot
04-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Baby steps grasshopper. Baby steps. You dont think that TM doesnt know their revenue options? Seriously? You change things gradually when it comes to price points. They could have done all of this a few years ago but didnt. Demand also dictates pricing. They have grown each year. Obviously their plan is working.

Cant give all the credit to TM. Is it really a plan or the timing of back to back National Championships and a transition to D1? And FBS wins and a good tv deal to promote the team?

td577
04-21-2013, 12:00 AM
You can't ride the high times without preparing for the low ones. Every single revenue source needs to be explored NOW. When things aren't so well, who will jump on board then? I know most of those in this board either joined or rode through some low points. Getting commitments today will insure the interest is strong when the tide ebbs.

Tatanka
04-21-2013, 12:07 AM
You can't ride the high times without preparing for the low ones. Every single revenue source needs to be explored NOW. When things aren't so well, who will jump on board then? I know most of those in this board either joined or rode through some low points. Getting commitments today will insure the interest is strong when the tide ebbs.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDing, ding, ding. You don't build a church for Easter Sunday.

56BISON73
04-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Cant give all the credit to TM. Is it really a plan or the timing of back to back National Championships and a transition to D1? And FBS wins and a good tv deal to promote the team?

Over the past 3-4 years hints have been dropped about what was going to happen with parking, tickets etc. Only thing that has surprised TM has been the demand for reserved parking in the new lot. My goodness I would have thought you would have picked up on what was going on from this site or the guys you sit with at the TM luncheons.

HerdBot
04-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Over the past 3-4 years hints have been dropped about what was going to happen with parking, tickets etc. Only thing that has surprised TM has been the demand for reserved parking in the new lot. My goodness I would have thought you would have picked up on what was going on from this site or the guys you sit with at the TM luncheons.

I have never gone to a luncheon before. I always seem to miss them. Still blows me away they will end up turning down reserved donations when demand is high. Not just me either. In 5 years they may realize they missed the window when we are 6-5. Strike when the irons hot. Its not greed when people like me WANT to pay

aces1180
04-21-2013, 02:17 AM
I have never gone to a luncheon before. I always seem to miss them. Still blows me away they will end up turning down reserved donations when demand is high. Not just me either. In 5 years they may realize they missed the window when we are 6-5. Strike when the irons hot. Its not greed when people like me WANT to pay

Why not just up your TM donation, which will up your Priority Points ranking AND give you the right to give more money for tailgating spots?

You say you are begging to give money? Why not allocate to other areas of TMs?

56BISON73
04-21-2013, 02:27 AM

Hmmmmm I guess the information from all of your reports of what was said at TM was derived via ESP?:biggrin:

56BISON73
04-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Why not just up your TM donation, which will up your Priority Points ranking AND give you the right to give more money for tailgating spots?

Now you just stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Youre making was too much sense.

HerdBot
04-21-2013, 02:43 AM

If I donate I want something in return. I've already made donations with nothing attached to it and I tried to add seats, but was denied . This isnt about me. Its about everyone below me who are fans that are ready willing and able to buy reserved spots but were too stupid to sell to them because were trying to make it appear bigger than it is. Late season the lot didn't even sell out. Its bullshit imo.

Sell reserved to everyone. If the whole west side sells out, congratulations. Then you can add a small lot on the south end with alcohol and people will line up for those.

aces1180
04-21-2013, 03:08 AM
If I donate I want something in return. I've already made donations with nothing attached to it and I tried to add seats, but was denied . This isnt about me. Its about everyone below me who are fans that are ready willing and able to buy reserved spots but were too stupid to sell to them because were trying to make it appear bigger than it is. Late season the lot didn't even sell out. Its bullshit imo.

Sell reserved to everyone. If the whole west side sells out, congratulations. Then you can add a small lot on the south end with alcohol and people will line up for those.

I'm below you in priority points...I don't mind the system.

Let me ask you this...If you want the the whole lot reserved, where do you put those fans who are unable to make more than a game or two each season? Surely you can't expect them to get reserved parking...It's not like they could anyway, because they probably don't have enough priority points. Do you want to the potential Bison fan/future donor out of the tailgating lots because there are no general admission spots available?

HerdBot
04-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Now you just stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Youre making was too much sense.

Like I said I tried to add a seat but was denied. Thats ok I accept that. There are no more seats to upgrade. Its completely sold out. Most people want something in return for a donation. I do it from time to time. Obviously tickets aint gonna happen but we have a giant parking lot with a fuck load of spaces. You really think the average Joe is gonna go drop thousands for the right to buy a tailgating spot? Hell no its greed and stupid. Sorry but Ive proven my loyalty as have thousands who have less points than me. All we want is to pay more for a tailgating spot. But if they are satisfied with $3 per spot per game when we have more parking spots available than seat. Oh well they obviously have enough money to do whatever they want. Thats right we cant even cover the costs of all the scholarships or spend money on basketball.

HerdBot
04-21-2013, 03:11 AM
I'm below you in priority points...I don't mind the system.

Let me ask you this...If you want the the whole lot reserved, where do you put those fans who are unable to make more than a game or two each season? Surely you can't expect them to get reserved parking...It's not like they could anyway, because they probably don't have enough priority points. Do you want to the potential Bison fan/future donor out of the tailgating lots because there are no general admission spots available?

Expand the lot for the big games. Use the south end. East side. Only NDSU is preventing that.

GOB1SON
04-21-2013, 03:15 AM
Expand the lot for the big games. Use the south end. East side. Only NDSU is preventing that.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ch/775/77571_980.jpg

http://whatwouldjackdo.net/images/Internet-Quotes.jpg

aces1180
04-21-2013, 03:16 AM

What if the only game a fan can attend is DSU?

HerdBot
04-21-2013, 03:33 AM
What if the only game a fan can attend is DSU?

So we cater to the less than dedicated fans while ignoring fans like me who haven't missed a game or tailgate in years?

The first 3 games are always the best. After that its down a little. We known this stuff already. Besides a fan who goes to 1 game doesn't have a bus and hangs with people who do

aces1180
04-21-2013, 03:38 AM
So we cater to the less than dedicated fans while ignoring fans like me who haven't missed a game or tailgate in years?

The first 3 games are always the best. After that its down a little. We known this stuff already

How are they ignoring you? I thought you said this was about the people below you on the priority point list?

Should they also not let the students (who could be future donors/season ticket holders) tailgate because they don't have a reserved spot?

HerdBot
04-21-2013, 03:53 AM
How are they ignoring you? I thought you said this was about the people below you on the priority point list?

Should they also not let the students (who could be future donors/season ticket holders) tailgate because they don't have a reserved spot?

If I rank in the range of 1500 which is in the 95% range and cant get a spot, think about people below me. That's people like you. Great fans. Thats why they need to expand the lot to include alcohol in other areas. If you want to get long term fans you get them hooked on tailgating. The south end of the dome is a perfect spot to start the expansion. Then do a small section on the east side.. Besides students will buy reserved spots too.

56BISON73
04-21-2013, 03:58 AM
Like I said I tried to add a seat but was denied. Thats ok I accept that. There are no more seats to upgrade. Its completely sold out. Most people want something in return for a donation. I do it from time to time. Obviously tickets aint gonna happen but we have a giant parking lot with a fuck load of spaces. You really think the average Joe is gonna go drop thousands for the right to buy a tailgating spot? Hell no its greed and stupid. Sorry but Ive proven my loyalty as have thousands who have less points than me. All we want is to pay more for a tailgating spot. But if they are satisfied with $3 per spot per game when we have more parking spots available than seat. Oh well they obviously have enough money to do whatever they want. Thats right we cant even cover the costs of all the scholarships or spend money on basketball.

Thats right many fans wont spent big bucks to park. So they keep a small lot open for 3.00 for them and those that dont have enough points or werent smart enough to buy a spot when it all started.

Where are you getting your information that TM doesnt have enough money for scholarships?