PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Men's and Women's game.

Blue
01-08-2008, 01:23 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080108/SPORTS0202/801080329/1002/SPORTS

Through an agreement with a sister station, KSFY will televise the SDSU at North Dakota State men's and women's basketball games on Jan. 25-26 at 7 p.m.

According to NDSU director of sales and broadcasting Jeremy Jorgenson, NDSU sold rights for the games - the first between the rivals since they became members of the NCAA Division I Summit League - to KXJB in Fargo, a CBS affiliate that, like KSFY, is part of Hoak Media Corporation. Sioux Falls' ABC affiliate will pick up the feed and hopes to be able to reciprocate later this season.
Sports director Erik Thorstenson said that KSFY would like to televise the Jacks/Bison games from Brookings on Feb. 22-23, but an agreement has yet to be reached.
Well I was thinking of coming up, but I think I'll save money for the trip to Cancun the men and women have over thanksgiving:D

Bison"FANatic"
01-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Thats great to see that it is going to be on TV!!!!!

It is too bad you cant travel Blue for the game I guess everyone has priorities and that drive to fargo is so long. Heck it is even just a day trip.

Come or not, NDSU is just happy to get more exposure on TV!!!!!

Press press press and more press:nod: :nod: :nod:

NDSUstudent
01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Through an agreement with a sister station, KSFY will televise the SDSU at North Dakota State men's and women's basketball games on Jan. 25-26 at 7 p.m.

According to NDSU director of sales and broadcasting Jeremy Jorgenson, NDSU sold rights for the games - the first between the rivals since they became members of the NCAA Division I Summit League - to KXJB in Fargo, a CBS affiliate that, like KSFY, is part of Hoak Media Corporation. Sioux Falls' ABC affiliate will pick up the feed and hopes to be able to reciprocate later this season.
Sports director Erik Thorstenson said that KSFY would like to televise the Jacks/Bison games from Brookings on Feb. 22-23, but an agreement has yet to be reached.

Here we go again.......

bisonhusker
01-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I expect the SDSU fans to take up at least 50% maybe 60% of the BSA and give us an all time record crowd.

lakesbison
01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
oh husker.. you underestimate them.

once they see our indoor toilets and our trophy cases up here, they will flock.

at least 75% of the BSA will be SDSU fans.

They Coming .. THEY COMING!!.

oh.. SDSU will put our game on feb 22 on TV??? RIIIIIGHT... RIIIGHT...........

Blue
01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
It is too bad you cant travel Blue for the game I guess everyone has priorities and that drive to fargo is so long. Heck it is even just a day trip.

Come or not, NDSU is just happy to get more exposure on TV!!!!!

Need to save about 1000 bones for Cancun and SDSU basketball:D. Would love to come up to Fargo and see the BSA:blush:. I think the NDSU fans will be happy to see Nagy and crew on the right path. And I think it will be a really close game.

NDSUFREAK
01-09-2008, 03:16 AM
wow, no excuse for those many SDSU fans to be at the BSA. Give em 1,000 but thats unexceptable here...maybe in brookings its ok but not here

Bisonguy
01-09-2008, 03:18 AM
wow, no excuse for those many SDSU fans to be at the BSA. Give em 1,000 but thats unexceptable here...maybe in brookings its ok but not here

I believe that was a pretty hefty dose of sarcasm up there from Lakes and bisonhusker.

lakesbison
01-09-2008, 04:18 AM
DRENCHED with it... we WILL be invading FROST ARENA on FEB 22.. thats for DAM sure!

NDSUstudent
01-12-2008, 05:49 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080108/SPORTS0202/801080329/1002/SPORTS

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/

It turns out that some wires were crossed, and KSFY is NOT currently in negotiations to televise the NDSU at SDSU basketball games, after all. The games held in Fargo later this month will go be on air as planned, however. Like it or not, putting butts in the seats rather than games on TV is consistent with current SDSU priorities.

NDSUFREAK
01-12-2008, 08:18 PM
I believe that was a pretty hefty dose of sarcasm up there from Lakes and bisonhusker.
wow, ok, didn't have my alert on