PDA

View Full Version : Party Help

BisonBabe
01-06-2008, 04:23 AM
So today my son told me he wants to have a "Bison" Party for his 8th Birthday in March.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me get this set up.

Here is what I know for sure

Cake done in team colors
Invitations with team colors and Bison/NDSU logo

Here is where things get tricky

Do you think there is any chance if I hold the party in Fargo (instead of Casselton) that Thundar could stop by for a quick visit?

Any ideas for games related to the them?

I will be checking Oriental trading to see if they have a football shaped pinata as well as other football items.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Bisonguy
01-06-2008, 05:00 AM
check you pm's in a couple seconds.....

How about some football/basketball themed games for the little ones??

BlueBisonRock
01-06-2008, 07:08 AM
So today my son told me he wants to have a "Bison" Party for his 8th Birthday in March.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me get this set up.

Here is what I know for sure

Cake done in team colors
Invitations with team colors and Bison/NDSU logo

Do you think there is any chance if I hold the party in Fargo (instead of Casselton) that Thundar could stop by for a quick visit?

I will be checking Oriental trading to see if they have a football shaped pinata as well as other football items.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

You are one He!! of a MOM.

Any chance that a Bison player (past or present) would be able to stop by?

extremerouge
01-06-2008, 02:05 PM
ask Slick to come and act like the clown he is...;)

just kidding slick!

Mr. Burgundy
01-06-2008, 04:17 PM
were you the same "Mom" that started the bikini thread? If so, you are amazing. "Not safe at work...." OR "I need help planning a party for my 8 year old." Love it.

BisonBabe
01-06-2008, 05:11 PM
were you the same "Mom" that started the bikini thread? If so, you are amazing. "Not safe at work...." OR "I need help planning a party for my 8 year old." Love it.

Yep I am one in the same.

I bring fun and seek assistance :p

I appreciate the help and pm's

lakesbison
01-06-2008, 06:38 PM
next bball game. .halftime bisonville party..

BE THERE BISONBABE.. K/

phpguru
01-07-2008, 03:03 AM
So today my son told me he wants to have a "Bison" Party for his 8th Birthday in March...

My sister just threw a BD party for her son (turned 4). She was able to rent the Memorial Union Activities Lounge ( downstairs bowling area, etc... ) and I believe she said, for an extra $25, she was able to get Thundar to show up. It's one of the options on their "BD" packages....

He and his friends had a blast, and he's now the cool kid at daycare. ;)

Worth checking it out....

BisonBabe
01-07-2008, 03:40 AM
My sister just threw a BD party for her son (turned 4). She was able to rent the Memorial Union Activities Lounge ( downstairs bowling area, etc... ) and I believe she said, for an extra $25, she was able to get Thundar to show up. It's one of the options on their "BD" packages....

He and his friends had a blast, and he's now the cool kid at daycare. ;)

Worth checking it out....

Do you have any idea what the rental cost would be and who I should contact?

This sounds like it would be a fun time for the kids.

phpguru
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Area Reservations and Bison Bowling Birthday Parties: 701-231-8417

from the website at : http://mu.ndsu.edu/rec_outing_center/rec_center/

Hope your kid enjoyed it as much as my nephew did.

BisonBabe
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Area Reservations and Bison Bowling Birthday Parties: 701-231-8417

from the website at : http://mu.ndsu.edu/rec_outing_center/rec_center/

Hope your kid enjoyed it as much as my nephew did.

Thanks I would the web link this morning and fired off an email. Will call later in the week if I don't hear back from them.

Now if only planning my daughters would be as easy. She will be 12 so I am thinking of getting adjoining rooms at one of the local hotels that has a pool so she can have a slumber party. But trying to find something for them to do when they are not swimming may be difficult. Might have to enlist a friend that sells Mary Kay or Avon to do makeovers.

BisonBabe
01-08-2008, 07:22 PM
For those of you with kids I thought I would post the information I received regarding the Memorial Union.

But just FYI, our Rec and Outing Center here in the Memorial Union has birthday party packages that range in price from $50.00 to $100.00, depending on how many lanes and what kind of food you would like. The total package price also depends on how long you would like to bowl. Our birthday party packages are priced for one hour, however it is just $25.00 extra for every additional hour. Also, a special appearance by NDSU's Thundar the Bison is an additional $30.00.

Now I need to figure out a date that works for me and the location. My son does not know that I am working on this. I think he was only expecting a room decorated with the school colors, a football cake and maybe a pinata. He will be really excited if I can make it happen.

UTH
01-08-2008, 07:35 PM
For those of you with kids I thought I would post the information I received regarding the Memorial Union.

Now I need to figure out a date that works for me and the location. My son does not know that I am working on this. I think he was only expecting a room decorated with the school colors, a football cake and maybe a pinata. He will be really excited if I can make it happen.

Sounds exciting! I hope you get a couple pictures that you can share. :nod:

BisonBabe
01-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Yes I will be taking lots of pictures and will get my BIL to bring his video camera as well.

missingnumber7
01-12-2008, 03:41 PM

I wonder if there is an age limit on this? I want a Thundar BD party.

NDFAN2
02-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Did the party happen?

BisonBabe
02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Did the party happen?

His birthday is next month so still putting the finishing touches on it.

BisonBabe
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Well logistics came into play so the party will be in Casselton instead of at the Memorial Union. (with the change in venue more of his friends will be able to attend) I am still making it a Bison party for him so it should be a great time for the kids.

Since it will be closer to home I will be able to do some decorating.

The room will be decked out in Green & Gold and the invitations going out later this week will football shaped (if I can find a template) with green & gold lettering.

I have a football shapped pinata and will be having a football cake made as well.

Does anyone know where I can buy some Bison tatoos and some green & gold pompoms?

I think we will be doing some face painting as well if I can come up with an easy design.

I am planning on having Thunderstruck playing in the background and if I can jack into the tv's will bring my portable dvd player along to show the Bison - Gopher game.

bisongirl
03-04-2008, 04:59 PM
I would guess that the Varsity Mart may have some stuff for you. Party America also probably has green and yellow beads.

BisonBabe
03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I would guess that the Varsity Mart may have some stuff for you. Party America also probably has green and yellow beads.

Thanks I will check into both of these.

bisongirl
03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Varisty Mart does have the pom poms.
http://www.ndsuvarsitymart.com/MerchList.aspx?ID=1331&CatID=246

Maybe if you checked with someone in the Athletic Dept they would be able to get you some tattoos.

BisonBabe
03-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Varisty Mart does have the pom poms.
http://www.ndsuvarsitymart.com/MerchList.aspx?ID=1331&CatID=246

Maybe if you checked with someone in the Athletic Dept they would be able to get you some tattoos.

Thank you again. The information you have given me is awesome.

Bisonguy
03-04-2008, 07:45 PM
I thought I saw the 'tattoos' at Varsity Mart a while back.

BisonBabe
03-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I thought I saw the 'tattoos' at Varsity Mart a while back.

Thanks I will be going shopping there on Friday afternoon.

onbison09
03-06-2008, 12:13 AM

God bless her.

BisonBabe
03-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Okay tomorrow is the birthday party. I have lots of green & gold(yellow) items to decorate the room. Tonight is decorating night so that I don't have to rush tomorrow before the party. I need to come up with a game for the kids to play as I decided against a pinata as 12 7-8 year olds with a stick in their hands while they are blind folded did not sound like a very good plan. I will take some pictures tonight after I finish decorating and again tomorrow during the party and post them here.

I stopped in at Jilly Beans in the mall and picked up m&m's and jelly beans as well as some chocolate footballs for the party. The kids will be good and wound up by the time we are done tomorrow :p

bisongirl
03-14-2008, 07:27 PM
If you could find a picture of Thundar or a buffalo you could play pin the tail on the buffalo! Or, would the kids think that is to "babyish"?

BisonBabe
03-14-2008, 07:41 PM
If you could find a picture of Thundar or a buffalo you could play pin the tail on the buffalo! Or, would the kids think that is to "babyish"?

I have thought about that as well and think the kids would enjoy it but have not been able to find something big enough.

bisongirl
03-14-2008, 08:03 PM
If you had one of those plastic grow with me basketball hoops and a small ball they could have a shooting contest. We have one you could borrow, but we live out of town the other direction from you...
Or how about drawing up a big circle and bullseye and taping it to the wall and seeing who can hit the bullseye with a football...

BisonBabe
03-14-2008, 08:10 PM
If you had one of those plastic grow with me basketball hoops and a small ball they could have a shooting contest. We have one you could borrow, but we live out of town the other direction from you...
Or how about drawing up a big circle and bullseye and taping it to the wall and seeing who can hit the bullseye with a football...

That may just be perfect. The kids will have a great time.

Thanks.

lakesbison
03-14-2008, 08:17 PM
A stuffed BUNNY pinata??? that would be sweet with a SDSU jersey on it!

UTH
03-14-2008, 08:56 PM
A stuffed BUNNY pinata??? that would be sweet with a SDSU jersey on it!

Good idea, lakes! I like it. Here's my artist rendering of what I would string up for the beating...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Bunnies/SDSUJacksBrookingsBunnyRabbitnewlog.jpg

Pinatas - Serious Business... [linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RVO2RMatfI)]

*a noose might be going a little far for a youngun's b-day. i recommend using a ring through the nose.
**methinks that HM was onto something with his speculation on 'buttdragging'

SDbison
03-14-2008, 09:43 PM
OK what is going on at his website........discussing decorating for a perty? This does not belong in our house. This area is to discuss NDSU facilities and issues related to fans in our "house". Come on moderators, do your job.
I think this kind of stuff (Party Help) along with the Birthdays thread and Share your Joys and Concerns threads belong someplace else.

BisonBabe
03-14-2008, 10:13 PM
OK what is going on at his website........discussing decorating for a perty? This does not belong in our house. This area is to discuss NDSU facilities and issues related to fans in our "house". Come on moderators, do your job.
I think this kind of stuff (Party Help) along with the Birthdays thread and Share your Joys and Concerns threads belong someplace else.

Well if you do not wish to read the topic don't.

If you read my opening post this party is a Bison Football Bday party. I sure think it does fit in with the board.

BlueBisonRock
03-15-2008, 01:06 AM

:banghead:
Wrong side of the bed this morning? Or did the coworkers climb all over you again today?

Well, lets change this around. SD, you are respected. You have some great ideas. The glass is half full. Feel good about yourself and the contributions you have made on other topics. Take a deep breath. Relax. Feeling a bit better? Ok, take another. Now repeat the Mantra: It is a great day to be alive!

:cheers:

BisonBabe: I really enjoy the perspective you bring to this board. And, I LOVE this topic. I only wish I had thought of it when my kids were growing up. I did end up hosting a few Nickelodian themed BD parties for my daughter and the back yard scouting experience for my son. Please keep on reminding us that there are many facits to our lives as Bison fans and parents.

:bow:

SDbison
03-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Maybe need to start the "woman's page" for some of you male types that are in touch with your feminine side.

BlueBisonRock
03-15-2008, 03:23 AM
Maybe need to start the "woman's page" for some of you male types that are in touch with your feminine side.

Damn, you make me laugh.

Your response was a nice bait, but the timing was way off. And as we all know, timing is everything.

Seriously, you really should consider the benefits of a smile and a good word. You will be amazed at how much better you will feel. And the people around you will appreciate the difference.

Have a great day! :howdy:

BisonBabe
03-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Here are some pictures from my son's Bison party today. The kids watched the Bison/Gopher game as an activity and cheered for the green and gold.

The final picture is my son and daughter.

bisongirl
03-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Looks like a great time and a GREAT theme! I'm sure they all had a ton of fun!

56BISON73
03-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Here are some pictures from my son's Bison party today. The kids watched the Bison/Gopher game as an activity and cheered for the green and gold.

Well done!!!!!! PL

sambini
03-16-2008, 04:45 AM

+++++++++++++

Bisonguy
03-16-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm surprised Lakes didn't crash the party.

NDFAN2
03-17-2008, 01:52 PM
I love the Pizza Ranch!!

lakesbison
03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
She didnt post where it was ahead of time, else I wouldve crashed that!!!!

BisonBabe
03-17-2008, 02:48 PM
She didnt post where it was ahead of time, else I wouldve crashed that!!!!

The oldest party guest was 8 would you have had a good time? I think you would have enjoyed the game though :p

extremerouge
03-19-2008, 03:32 AM
that looks amazing bisonbabe! and nice cake!