PDA

View Full Version : Can we do it again in basketball

DIGRAPPLER
01-04-2008, 01:36 AM
I am catching up on all the hoops threads after being in the cities for over a week on business and holidays. It seem like everyone is fired up about the Summit League action finally being here. My question is can we duplicate the excitement that we created in football the last few years? My fellow Bison fans have debated this over cold ones numberous times. I think the marketing has been fine for football and basketball over the years, but I think 50% of the increase in attendance has come from winning and 50% has come from what I call "fan buzz" People talk about the football team and others get curious, it may take a few conversations but eventually the get on the bus! I personally have convinced several of my friends and neighbors to check it out and I know there are others on this board that have done the same. My point is, i think we can get this thing going now that we have Summit bragging rights on the line. We may not be average 6000 right away, but I think we can grow this throughout the year! We need a call to arms like SELL THIS MOTHA OUT for Hoops! Who came up with that! Lastly, these guys are fun to watch, the product is great, and what else is there to do in the winter around here!! Lets get this going!!! Whos got the best slogan. From what I gather Oakland is a big game for the men and women so Saturday should be a big day!!!!! So let's get the conversations started at work, over emails, on the phone, text messages, let's tell people that they need to check out the Bison STEPPIN UP TO THE SUMMIT!!!!!!

SlickVic
01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++

TheBisonator
01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
I like this slogan:

"Bison Basketball - THE BIGGEST SHOW IN TOWN."

It's technically true that Bison hoops are the F-M area's biggest echelon basketball teams, and people in F-M like to attend events that are seen as big-time. I think that if people start understanding that our new conference is just as exciting, if not MORE exciting than the old NCC, and that we are in the same division as the big boys, people will start showing up.

Great game tonight, BTW. Winky Burger was a MONSTER out there!!!

DIGRAPPLER
01-04-2008, 03:13 AM
I just had an idea. There are several sports call in shows in Fargo now. I listen to a couple. The Dan Hammer show and The Titan Sports Show on Saturdays. If we as fans call in and talk up this team that should get the word out. Can anyone post up the call in shows dates, times and phone numbers? I guess I have never called in but I am certainly compelled to do so now---> cause it was my idea!!!! Let's hit the airwaves tomorrow and see if it has any effect on Saturday!

Great quote by IPFW's coach “If they don’t win this league or at least finish second, I will be shocked. I can’t see anybody coming in here and winning.”