PDA

View Full Version : Chicago State Talk

Blue
01-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Not long after getting out on its own volition, Chicago State has expressed interest in rejoining the Summit League. The Cougars recently opened a 7,000-seat, $38 million basketball arena.
http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/sdsu/tuesday-tidbits-the-wednesday-edition.html

I think after facing a near NCAA death penalty, and seemingly getting their act together they should be considered and Utah Valley State should be considered too. Match Southern Utah and Utah Valley together and then match UMKC and Chicago State up. Chicago media and press would give the league some decent coverage. Plus I believe Chicago State would be a some kind of important counter for the conference because of the length they have been D-1. Not sure but I believe that is the case.

What your thoughts on the subject?

NDSUstudent
01-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I like a 10 team league, it is ideal for hoops. The only way I would change my mind is if the right school or two would come along. Neither UVSU or Chicago State are those schools.

onbison09
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
10 sounds like a nice round #. What happened to Chicago State for them to almost get the DP? (has to be pretty serious to go that far) Utah Valley State also sounds OK but I think we should definitley check out anyone throughly before we let them in.

Bison101
01-03-2008, 11:46 PM
I like a 10 team league, it is ideal for hoops. The only way I would change my mind is if the right school or two would come along. Neither UVSU or Chicago State are those schools.

I have to agree... Utah Valley St and Chicago St wouldn't be my first choice.

But if UND come knocking on the Summit League's door, then I would take Chicago State in a heartbeat.

Keep those Sioux independent!

Hammersmith
01-04-2008, 01:40 AM
If there's a danger of losing a member, Chicago State has to be the number-one choice as a replacement. Core member plus good geography makes them the best choice no matter how much they suck. UTPA has to be number-two for core member but not-so-good geography. After those two, the UxD's become the next best. We're just too close to the edge of losing the MBB autobid to consider anyone but a core member as the next Summit League school. Lose one more core member and we're right on the line. Lose two and we're screwed. We really are at the "beggers-can't-be-choosers" point.

TheBisonator
01-04-2008, 02:11 AM
If there's a danger of losing a member, Chicago State has to be the number-one choice as a replacement. Core member plus good geography makes them the best choice no matter how much they suck. UVSU has to be number-two for core member but not-so-good geography. After those two, the UxD's become the next best. We're just too close to the edge of losing the MBB autobid to consider anyone but a core member as the next Summit League school. Lose one more core member and we're right on the line. Lose two and we're screwed. We really are at the "beggers-can't-be-choosers" point.

I think UVSU won't be a core member until sometime next decade. They started their transition in 2002, and won't be considered active members until 7/1/2009.

Hammersmith
01-04-2008, 02:14 AM
I think UVSU won't be a core member until sometime next decade. They started their transition in 2002, and won't be considered active members until 7/1/2009.

You're right, I was thinking of UTPA. Damn acronyms. (Says the NDSU fan)

I'll fix my other post.

HerdBot
01-07-2008, 06:19 AM
http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/sdsu/tuesday-tidbits-the-wednesday-edition.html

I think after facing a near NCAA death penalty, and seemingly getting their act together they should be considered and Utah Valley State should be considered too. Match Southern Utah and Utah Valley together and then match UMKC and Chicago State up. Chicago media and press would give the league some decent coverage. Plus I believe Chicago State would be a some kind of important counter for the conference because of the length they have been D-1. Not sure but I believe that is the case.

What your thoughts on the subject?

That would be AWESOME! Chicago State is a great program and would give us a major market we could get exposure in. Of course it would be great competition but we're not looking to be in a pansy league. Between Oral Roberts, Oakland, and Chicago State there are 3 great games every year. Not to mention SDSU. Plus it makes perfect sense from a geographical standpoint since we recruit the area heavily for football. Why not basketball too? Let's get er done like yesterday.

Bison bison
01-08-2008, 07:41 PM
would be nice to see the State of North Dakota pick up the tab for a $38 million athletic facility................

Greenie
04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Chicago State achieved full re-certification status by the NCAA, making them more attractive to a potential conference. This is a big deal for them considering the troubles they were having which lead to leaving the former Mid-Continent conference (Summit).
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4g38nYBSYGYxqb6kW hCjggRb31fj_zcVP0A_YLc0IhyR0VFAABTEJw!/delta/base64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21BISEvb0VvUUFBSVFnakZJQUFRaENFSV FqR0VBLzRKRmlDbzBlaDFpY29uUVZHaGQtc0lRIS83XzBfNVVW LzIyMDI4NTQ!?WCM_PORTLET=PC_7_0_5UV_WCM&WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/NCAA/Media+and+Events/Press+Room/News+Release+Archive/2008/Announcements/20080415_d1_certification_rls.html

TheBisonator
04-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Chicago State achieved full re-certification status by the NCAA, making them more attractive to a potential conference. This is a big deal for them considering the troubles they were having which lead to leaving the former Mid-Continent conference (Summit).
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4g38nYBSYGYxqb6kW hCjggRb31fj_zcVP0A_YLc0IhyR0VFAABTEJw!/delta/base64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21BISEvb0VvUUFBSVFnakZJQUFRaENFSV FqR0VBLzRKRmlDbzBlaDFpY29uUVZHaGQtc0lRIS83XzBfNVVW LzIyMDI4NTQ!?WCM_PORTLET=PC_7_0_5UV_WCM&WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/NCAA/Media+and+Events/Press+Room/News+Release+Archive/2008/Announcements/20080415_d1_certification_rls.html

Could there be a trade-off between Centenary and Chicago State??

Bison101
04-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Could there be a trade-off between Centenary and Chicago State??

Chicago State and Centenary are both pretty bad at Basketball.

This season was Chicago State's 22nd consecutive losing season! :eek:

TheBisonator
04-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Chicago State and Centenary are both pretty bad at Basketball.

This season was Chicago State's 22nd consecutive losing season! :eek:

Meh. I'd rather have Chicago State in our conference than Centenary...

tony
04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Be careful what you wish for. If S. Utah goes to the Big Sky and Centenary goes DIII, the Summit loses the BB autobid. That would be a huge blow to the league, maybe even a death blow.

If Chicago State wants back in, the Summit League would be crazy not to take them.

Bison101
04-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Be careful what you wish for. If S. Utah goes to the Big Sky and Centenary goes DIII, the Summit loses the BB autobid. That would be a huge blow to the league, maybe even a death blow.

If Chicago State wants back in, the Summit League would be crazy not to take them.

And with almost guaranteed wins.................... :nod: :nod: :nod:

Bison bison
04-29-2008, 09:02 PM

++++ did somebody say core member

http://www.corereactive.com/corebrand-images/applecore.jpg