PDA

View Full Version : A McFeely Blog that I endorse 100%!

tony
01-02-2008, 05:14 PM
"Somehow, we'll survive without Krispy Kreme"

http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/

Frankly, Fargo has too many chain restaurants, coffee shops, etc. Fargo would be a much better, attractive and unique place to live if 50 percent of the chain restaurants closed their doors and 50 percent of those were replaced by locally-owned businesses.

... do we really need another too-loud, overpriced, stultifyingly mediocre (at best), themed "steakhouse"...

In other blogs, it sounds like Courtney Mitchell is back on the football team if he wants. Man, that would be awesome!

bisonmike2
01-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow, that is a good blog by McFeely. Fargo was bad for chain restaurants but I think the twin cities is worse. Maybe it's b/c I don't fully know my surroundings but I would die for a turf burger and season fries w/ranch. There isn't anything close to that in Maple Grove.

TransAmBison
01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow, that is a good blog by McFeely. Fargo was bad for chain restaurants but I think the twin cities is worse. Maybe it's b/c I don't fully know my surroundings but I would die for a turf burger and season fries w/ranch. There isn't anything close to that in Maple Grove.
Sad to say, but the turf burger is not what it used to be. I don't know if they changed where they got their meat or what it is, but the taste is not the same. Still good, but just not the same.

bisonmike2
01-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Sad to say, but the turf burger is not what it used to be. I don't know if they changed where they got their meat or what it is, but the taste is not the same. Still good, but just not the same.

Are you trying to eat it sober? I imagine that the turf burger might taste differently without 3 or 4 big beers to wash it down. :hungry:

TransAmBison
01-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Are you trying to eat it sober? I imagine that the turf burger might taste differently without 3 or 4 big beers to wash it down. :hungry:
Thought the same thing...tested my theory on different occassions while not drinking, drinking a little, and drinking heavily like 02Bison. :D Came to the same conclusion each time.

aces1180
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM

The Turf had the same cook, Larry, for years...He got canned and now its a revolving door, so unfortunately the Turf Burger has digressed a bit.

TransAmBison
01-02-2008, 05:49 PM
The Turf had the same cook, Larry, for years...He got canned and now its a revolving door, so unfortunately the Turf Burger has digressed a bit.
I'm scared to ask what you could do to get fired from the Turf...

UTH
01-02-2008, 05:52 PM

I could say that it might have been the special sauce, but that would be just wrong.

*sorry, i know that's pretty bad, but i couldn't resist.:hide:

bisonaudit
01-02-2008, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=tony;170236]"Somehow, we'll survive without Krispy Kreme"

http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/

QUOTE]

RAmen

aces1180
01-02-2008, 06:21 PM

If I recall, from my days at the Mart, he was dating the manager...They got drunk and came to blows, which eventually led to the dismissal of both.

THEsocalledfan
01-02-2008, 08:38 PM

I had one back in 2006 with TransAM (SDSU game) and I must confirm his findings plus be a little more negative. I thought it sucked which really p$ssed me off as I get them at most once a year.