PDA

View Full Version : Hammer's Show Covering UND Basketball Today

TheDoctor
12-31-2007, 07:55 PM
Why is Hammer's noon program today covering and interviewing the coach for UND men's basketball? Is the program also being broadcast in Grand Forks? I am NOT trying to be smart here, but NO ONE in the FM area cares about the UND mens basketball program. NO ONE!! We have a hard enough time getting the people in the FM area to care about a good basketball team playing D1 basketball HERE IN TOWN! Why would ANYONE care about a D2 program in Grand Forks down here. While I am NOT a hockey fan, I am smart enough to realize there are UND hockey fans down here who want to hear about the program and even drive up religiously to attend games, I respect that. In fact, due to their strong history, there may be a soul or two in Fargo interested in how Gene at the lady sioux are doing, but hellloooooo 740, NO ONE cares about a bad D2 basketball program in GF down here in Fargo. Common sense should say that. I turned my station so fast your head would spin when the interview with their head coach (whoever he was) came on. While I hate turning on ESPN radio in the car and findind Moorhead State basketball games, I know some people out there might be listening and so I respect that even though I don't understand it. I am done now. I feel better. ;)

aces1180
12-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Why is Hammer's noon program today covering and interviewing the coach for UND men's basketball? Is the program also being broadcast in Grand Forks? I am NOT trying to be smart here, but NO ONE in the FM area cares about the UND mens basketball program. NO ONE!! We have a hard enough time getting the people in the FM area to care about a good basketball team playing D1 basketball HERE IN TOWN! Why would ANYONE care about a D2 program in Grand Forks down here. While I am NOT a hockey fan, I am smart enough to realize there are UND hockey fans down here who want to hear about the program and even drive up religiously to attend games, I respect that. In fact, due to their strong history, there may be a soul or two in Fargo interested in how Gene at the lady sioux are doing, but hellloooooo 740, NO ONE cares about a bad D2 basketball program in GF down here in Fargo. Common sense should say that. I turned my station so fast your head would spin when the interview with their head coach (whoever he was) came on. While I hate turning on ESPN radio in the car and findind Moorhead State basketball games, I know some people out there might be listening and so I respect that even though I don't understand it. I am done now. I feel better. ;)

I really don't want Hammer to be the next voice of the Bison...That would really suck nads...He seems professional enough, but I just can't stomach his double-talk.

Yo
12-31-2007, 09:54 PM
I really don't want Hammer to be the next voice of the Bison...That would really suck nads...He seems professional enough, but I just can't stomach his double-talk.

If you want to have some fun, count how many times he says "no doubt about it" during one of his broadcasts.

Tatanka
12-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Yes. Hammer is a tool. No doubt about it.

And Dan Hammer is a tool as well.

d3boys
01-01-2008, 03:53 PM
you might not like hammer or und but it is sure nice to have a local sports talk show on the radio

Mr. Burgundy
01-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Hammer wants to work for NDSU is the worst way, but he is currently the UND guy....he knows what is D1. Until he does go to NDSU (again, that is his wish), he will continue to show his support of UND. I think he cried for Lennon. Seriously.

tjbison
01-01-2008, 06:19 PM
I have to admit he does do a good job with the Bohl show on tuesdays, I like how he keeps things flowing, so its a mixed bag for me

bisonpride2k
01-01-2008, 07:24 PM

740 is not like the old 1280 where the signal barely gets to grand forks. 740 covers such a large area of the state and even into manitoba that they try to cover everything for all of their listeners. Bismarck and Mandan no longer have a FAN affiliate so for them 740 is it. So they try and cover as much of the fan base for both schools as possible.