PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State

Bison101
12-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Could Indiana State be the worst team in the FCS? I just looked at their record, and man... 0-11, with a bevy of terrible losses. Check this out- [[http://www.gosycamores.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15200&KEY=&SPID=7269&SPSID=65231]].

Just Pitiful. I think next year's gonna be a blowout. Sorry, all you Sycamore fans. Good luck next year.

tjbison
12-30-2007, 10:02 PM
They are the whipping boy of the Gateway, but they have a new coach, and what appears a few good verbals this year, they might turn it around! remember the GWFC has Southern Utah

Bison101
12-30-2007, 10:06 PM
They are the whipping boy of the Gateway, but they have a new coach, and what appears a few good verbals this year, they might turn it around! remember the GWFC has Southern Utah

Yeah, but the problem with the T-Birds is that the boys on the team are always away on missionary trips.

The Sycs, though, might turn it around. But not a full 360 (11-0). They would be content with a 180 (around 6-5 or 5-6).

tjbison
12-30-2007, 10:16 PM
No way they turn around to a .500 team next year, but in a couple if they get something going with the coach. A .500 team in the Gateway is a pretty damn good team (in my opinion)!

HerdBot
12-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Could Indiana State be the worst team in the FCS? I just looked at their record, and man... 0-11, with a bevy of terrible losses. Check this out- [[http://www.gosycamores.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15200&KEY=&SPID=7269&SPSID=65231]].

Just Pitiful. I think next year's gonna be a blowout. Sorry, all you Sycamore fans. Good luck next year.

Every conference has a bottom feeder. Remember Morningside? Just remember, we will have 3 extremely tough games every year in UNI, SIU, and Youngstown. All 3 of those teams are tougher than any team we faced last year. SDSU is always tough and Western Illinois had a down year. Heck they were almost voted into the top 25. And Illinois State is a solid team too. We'll need an easy one.

tjbison
12-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Every conference has a bottom feeder. Remember Morningside? Just remember, we will have 3 extremely tough games every year in UNI, SIU, and Youngstown. All 3 of those teams are tougher than any team we faced last year. SDSU is always tough and Western Illinois had a down year. Heck they were almost voted into the top 25. And Illinois State is a solid team too. We'll need an easy one.

Western Ill. was ranked when we traveled there and beat them #17 i think at the time. Missouri St. is no weakling either! Can't wait for the Gateway, any losses will come from quality teams next year and beyond!!

HerdBot
12-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Western Ill. was ranked when we traveled there and beat them #17 i think at the time. Missouri St. is no weakling either! Can't wait for the Gateway, any losses will come from quality teams next year and beyond!!

I wish everyone thought that way. Everyone thinks we need to be playing Ohio State or something and they think our schedule is weak. I don't think they realize we could easily lose all 3 games to UNI, SIU, and Youngstown. I don't get it.

aces1180
12-30-2007, 11:25 PM

I agree...Let's get to the playoffs...Big name teams are nice because of the money, but I would rather have a better record record.

tjbison
12-30-2007, 11:27 PM
I wish everyone thought that way. Everyone thinks we need to be playing Ohio State or something and they think our schedule is weak. I don't think they realize we could easily lose all 3 games to UNI, SIU, and Youngstown. I don't get it.

Just being realistic, I hope we finish the conference schedule undefeated, but its a tough thing to do, SIU was in the semis with 1 loss to Northern Iowa, says alot for that conference in my mind!!:nod:

tjbison
12-30-2007, 11:33 PM
I agree...Let's get to the playoffs...Big name teams are nice because of the money, but I would rather have a better record record.

I agree, and we will have enough "BIG" games in the conf. As much as i like the Cali teams, this new league has me pumped more than anything the last 5 years, Thanks GWFC, but i'm not that sad to be leaving Hello Gateway/MVC

onbison09
12-30-2007, 11:46 PM
We will definitley need an easy game with the Gateway. There is nothing wrong with a playing a team like Indiana State IN CONFERENCE but not OOC. I will never forget their nickname thanks to Mr. Schon, he would ask me everyday what their nickname was until I got it. The Sycamores Mr. Schon.

TheBisonator
12-31-2007, 12:38 AM
Out of the 10 games we have scheduled right now, I see us realistically winning 7 of those games. With a 12-game schedule, right now I see us going 9-3 overall and 6-2 in the Gateway and a home game in the first round of the playoffs.

That is my preliminary prediction. Subject to change.;)

BisBison
12-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Out of the 10 games we have scheduled right now, I see us realistically winning 7 of those games. With a 12-game schedule, right now I see us going 9-3 overall and 6-2 in the Gateway and a home game in the first round of the playoffs.

I'm alright with that.:nod: :nod: :nod:

HerdBot
12-31-2007, 02:24 AM

I can see us losing at Youngstown and at Northern Iowa. 3 losses may not be enough to get us in the playoffs. Or could it?

No_Skill
12-31-2007, 02:28 AM
I can see us losing at Youngstown and at Northern Iowa. 3 losses may not be enough to get us in the playoffs. Or could it?

The very thought that we get to start talking about this brings a huge smile to my face. :D

TheBisonator
12-31-2007, 02:35 AM

I see us losing to YSU, UNI and our FBS opponent, IF it's a WAC or MWC team. If it's not, then I'd say Cal-Poly could be the other one.

I just wish our schedule was completed...

NDSUstudent
12-31-2007, 02:53 AM
Whats with the NDSU losing talk? Where is CAbison at? This thread could use some positivity and one of his optimistic predictions.

sambini
12-31-2007, 02:55 AM
What with the NDSU losing talk? Where is CAbison at? This thread needs some positivity. LOSING IS NOT ALLOWED POSITIVE VIBES PLEASE....

NDSUFREAK
12-31-2007, 03:06 AM
who says we'll lose to them? I'll wait to hear what cabison says about it. optimism is definitely needed indeed sambini. i trust that this coaching staff knows what its getting into with going to the gateway. fitness will be at an all time high.

CaBisonFan
12-31-2007, 04:45 AM

Finally...the return of outstanding football in Fargo...on a consistent basis. The thought of playing Youngstown & Northern Iowa is very cool.

SDbison
12-31-2007, 05:14 AM
Holy crap the Bison could be 5-6 with all those tough Gateway games. Bring on the patsies. How will NDSU compete? I don't know, but SDSU might kick our ass in the Fargodome next year too. Need to lower the competition!
You guys f'ing kill me. Gabe, tj and aces, you sound like a broken record. Yeah, the Gateway is the super bowl conference of the world. Maybe the NDSU players should just shit themselves before they take the field against the powers of the Gateway.

X-Factor
12-31-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm not willing to start talking about losing to ANYONE. We have lost two games in the last two years by a combined 5 points. It took a blocked field goal for one, and a rivalry with home field advantage and some of the flukiest plays I saw all year long to beat us by 4 and we STILL almost won. In MY book BISON are 12-0 until proven otherwise! :nod:

HerdBot
12-31-2007, 06:03 AM
Holy crap the Bison could be 5-6 with all those tough Gateway games. Bring on the patsies. How will NDSU compete? I don't know, but SDSU might kick our ass in the Fargodome next year too. Need to lower the competition!
You guys f'ing kill me. Gabe, tj and aces, you sound like a broken record. Yeah, the Gateway is the super bowl conference of the world. Maybe the NDSU players should just shit themselves before they take the field against the powers of the Gateway.

That was pretty funny. (respect the competition not fear them) But when a confernce has 5 ranked teams in the top 25, they are the super bowl confernce of the world. Let me pimp the gateway some more: 20% of all ranked teams reside in the Gateway. If you need to play the Gophers to excite you than you just don't get it. I want to see some good non confernce teams and I'm not happy with Conneticuit State but I think you bought into the "Bring On The Competition" slogan a bit too much because it's time to move on. We can't afford to make a D1-A team our superbowl anymore.

BlueBisonRock
12-31-2007, 06:04 AM
I'm not willing to start talking about losing to ANYONE. We have lost two games in the last two years by a combined 5 points. It took a blocked field goal for one, and a rivalry with home field advantage and some of the flukiest plays I saw all year long to beat us by 4 and we STILL almost won. In MY book BISON are 12-0 until proven otherwise! :nod:

Agree. Especially at this time of the year. We need to get some spring practice / game feedback AND understand what the teams on the schedule are bringing back. Right now, we have (as X stated) back to back 10-1 teams. And are bringing back one da*# good team.

Yes, the Gateway is tough. As are the BISON! Go Herd!

stevdock
12-31-2007, 06:21 AM
That was pretty funny. (respect the competition not fear them) But when a confernce has 5 ranked teams in the top 25, they are the super bowl confernce of the world. Let me pimp the gateway some more: 20% of all ranked teams reside in the Gateway. If you need to play the Gophers to excite you than you just don't get it. I want to see some good non confernce teams and I'm not happy with Conneticuit State but I think you bought into the "Bring On The Competition" slogan a bit too much because it's time to move on. We can't afford to make a D1-A team our superbowl anymore.

Unfortunately for us, the Gateway will never be the top conference in FCS because it is a round robin conference. The CAA doesn't play a round robin, so they will always have many teams towards the top of the rankings. This year UMASS did not play #2, 3, or 4 in the CAA, yet was given the automatic qualifier for the conference. I truly believe that the Gateway will be one heck of a tough conference but will never be seen as the toughest conference until multiple teams make the Final Four for many years.

HerdBot
12-31-2007, 06:24 AM

2005: we lost to SIU by 9 (Walker blew out his knee so it doesn't count), UC Davis by 6 (lucky), and Montana State by 3 (bad bounce).
The Poly blowout was the last real loss. That was the result of partying it up in California so that doesn't count either. :) So in reality it's been 3 years of perfection.

2004: we lost 3 games by a total of 8 points.
2003: we lost 3 games, 2 of them in OT.

onbison09
12-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Are we playing SHSU for sure? (hope so I want to see the BISON in TEXAS) What about an FBS opponent? I'm not even sure we need one with the Gateway slate.

bisonmike2
12-31-2007, 03:29 PM
2005: we lost to SIU by 9 (Walker blew out his knee so it doesn't count), UC Davis by 6 (lucky), and Montana State by 3 (bad bounce).
The Poly blowout was the last real loss. That was the result of partying it up in California so that doesn't count either. :) So in reality it's been 3 years of perfection.

I like your way of thinking!

roadwarrior
12-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Are we playing SHSU for sure? (hope so I want to see the BISON in TEXAS) What about an FBS opponent? I'm not even sure we need one with the Gateway slate.

We are playing at SHSU in 2009.

HerdBot
12-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Unfortunately for us, the Gateway will never be the top conference in FCS because it is a round robin conference. The CAA doesn't play a round robin, so they will always have many teams towards the top of the rankings. This year UMASS did not play #2, 3, or 4 in the CAA, yet was given the automatic qualifier for the conference. I truly believe that the Gateway will be one heck of a tough conference but will never be seen as the toughest conference until multiple teams make the Final Four for many years.

I define the quality of the conference by the quality of the teams. Not by the playoff system and who gets to go. Kind of like the 6th best team in the Big Ten is better than the best team in the MAC.

56BISON73
12-31-2007, 06:43 PM
I define the quality of the conference by the quality of the teams. Not by the playoff system and who gets to go. Kind of like the 6th best team in the Big Ten is better than the best team in the MAC.

Not bad. Not bad at all. I like it. PL

missingnumber7
01-02-2008, 08:46 AM
2005: we lost to SIU by 9 (Walker blew out his knee so it doesn't count), UC Davis by 6 (lucky), and Montana State by 3 (Bobby Babich's inept tackling ability).

I edited your mistake.

devin45k
01-03-2008, 07:43 AM
1 win....in the past three years! thats horrible! and I also see that they are playing 2 D1-A teams next year!

I wonder who would win between Southern Utah and Indiana State?:confused:

Bison101
01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
1 win....in the past three years! thats horrible! and I also see that they are playing 2 D1-A teams next year!

I wonder who would win between Southern Utah and Indiana State?:confused:

SUU. They have the potential to be a semi-O.K. team next year. At least, they have the potential...

Indy State is pretty rattled after these past seasons. When they play BCS schools, they'll be nautious.

Bison06
01-04-2008, 05:11 AM
I edited your mistake.

If you are talking about the play right before the half, than there isn't a player on earth that would've made that play. It was complete luck the way that ball pop up out of his hands and then back into them after bobby had let him go. Get your facts straight before you start bobby bashing again. If you want the real reason we lost that game than look no further than the entire defense's inability to tackle Travis Lulay.

devin45k
01-04-2008, 09:25 AM
SUU. They have the potential to be a semi-O.K. team next year. At least, they have the potential...

Indy State is pretty rattled after these past seasons. When they play BCS schools, they'll be nautious.

Geez....It looks like they would even have a difficult time playing in D-3. It's not like they lose close games. most of the opponents score 60-70 points. They are rarely scoring over 10 points.

tony
01-04-2008, 09:31 AM
If you are talking about the play right before the half, than there isn't a player on earth that would've made that play. It was complete luck the way that ball pop up out of his hands and then back into them after bobby had let him go. Get your facts straight before you start bobby bashing again. If you want the real reason we lost that game than look no further than the entire defense's inability to tackle Travis Lulay.

Heck, I think NDSU lost to Montana State because Lulay decided to be Superman that day (and BisonGuy has the photo to prove it). The defense didn't have one of their best days tackling - and I'm with Bison06, that sure wasn't Bobby's fault. Besides, you aren't going to win many games in the FCS when the offense only puts up 17 points.