PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting...

Pages : [1] 2

NDSUstudent
12-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Class of 2009

Signed
Jordan Aaberg Rothsay 6'8 210 PF/C? 2 star(scout)
Nathan "Nate" Zastrow Lincoln HS(Manitowoc, WI) 6'0 PG 1 Star(scout) #67 pg (ESPN)
Michael Felt Redwood Valley MN 6'2 185 SG 1 star(scout)

Class of 2010

Recruits
Offered-D. J. Peterson Burnsville(Hopkins) MN 6'4 PG
Offered-Marshall Bjorklund Sibley MN 6'8 PF
Offered-Chad Calcaterra Cloquet MN 6'10 210 C
Offered-Kevin Noreen MN Transitions charter school 6'8 SF
Offered-Mike Rostampour Mendota Heights(Sibly) MN 6'7 PF

Class of 2011

Offered-Joe Hanstad Dickinson ND, Trinity HS, 6'3 G

NDSUstudent
12-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Some more info on James Kinney...

Scouting Report: A smooth guard with a yo-yo type handle. Kinney is capable of running the point, as he is adapt to pushing the ball up the floor, but is also able to slide over to the off-guard position due to the fact that he's an outstanding outside shooter and scorer. James also rebounds well for his position, is strong, and plays hard on the defensive end.

http://www.midstatehoops.com/players/profiles/2009/james_kinney.html

Also here is a highlight video from 2006....
http://www.midstatehoops.com/videos/kinney.html

Mr. Burgundy
12-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Broghammer has been offered by Purdue, Wisco Green Bay, Iowa and NDSU at this point. Tubby, Nebraska, and Notre Dame have been calling, but no offers.

Bryan
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Cowles has an NDSU offer, and Broghammer no longer has offers from Purdue and Iowa and very little interest from MN.

OnTheFifty
12-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I think the game that Mike Bruesewitz scored 22 points was against Hopkins, he also had 13 rebounds .... and he held Mike Broghammer to 6 points.

Golden Eagle
12-28-2007, 11:22 PM
I dunno if this has been mentioned on your board before (or if it would ever be a possibility) but if I were the AD at NDSU I would get Jeff Boschee a job STAT! Why Roy Williams hasn't hooked this guy up is a shame if not something worse.

He's only one of THE best college 3 point shooters of all time. If he came back to ND it could be HUGE for your recruiting. This guy should be on a championship (UNC/KU) type staff but he has ND roots. Is there something I'm missing?

Mr_Meanor
12-29-2007, 12:21 AM
I totally agree with you. I don't know what he is up to these days but I believe he could be very beneficial to the program.

extremerouge
12-29-2007, 12:53 AM
isn't Boschee from a UND family?

MN_BISON
12-29-2007, 02:24 AM
isn't Boschee from a UND family?
Yes, his brother played for the Sioux back in the late 80's.

lakesbison
12-29-2007, 02:39 AM
CASE CLOSED.

back to recruiting..

those minneapolis kids would be SOLID SOLID kids to have on this team!

lakesbison
12-29-2007, 03:29 AM
aaborg has 25 points for rothsay today.. looked good i heard

DIBISON
12-29-2007, 04:50 AM
aaborg has 25 points for rothsay today.. looked good i heard

And 23 points yesterday....

ndsubison1
12-29-2007, 08:25 AM
What about Ishmail Kareem and Jordan Allard from Fargo South? Any chance of them playing for us?

d3boys
12-30-2007, 02:44 PM
What about Ishmail Kareem and Jordan Allard from Fargo South? Any chance of them playing for us?

kareem, no way allard would be a good choice 6'6" guard

FarSouth Bison
12-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Not real sure Allard would handle the rough play, likes to play offense and very little D.

d3boys
12-30-2007, 05:59 PM
cant you teach defense, play it or dont play

Mr. Burgundy
12-30-2007, 06:23 PM
I think Allard may be getting some walk on looks.

sambini
12-30-2007, 08:33 PM
What about Jordan May from North Mr.B?

SirHinn
12-30-2007, 10:12 PM
What about Jordan May from North Mr.B?

He'll probably end up at Whap for a year and then who knows after that. A couple of schools in the NSIC are interested as well.

TheBisonator
12-31-2007, 01:53 AM
Are there any players from the Minneapolis or St. Paul city schools that look good?? I think we need to recruit HEAVILY from the Twin Cities rather than always finding some white kid from Class A Bumblefuck Northwestern Minnesota.

The lack of diversity on the Bison basketball team is really starting to annoy me.

tjbison
12-31-2007, 02:17 AM
Are there any players from the Minneapolis or St. Paul city schools that look good?? I think we need to recruit HEAVILY from the Twin Cities rather than always finding some white kid from Class A Bumblefuck Northwestern Minnesota.

The lack of diversity on the Bison basketball team is really starting to annoy me.

They all have dreams of TUBBY!!!!, maybe he will overlook some MN kids like Mason did and SU can reap the benefits!!!:praying:

NDSUstudent
12-31-2007, 02:20 AM

Umm, wasn't our last recruit from Shakopee Minnesota? Honestly, I could careless if the kid is from inner city Chicago or Beach ND as long as he can play.

sambini
12-31-2007, 02:44 AM
Umm, wasn't our last recruit from Shakopee Minnesota? Honestly, I could careless if the kid is from inner city Chicago or Beach ND as long as he can play.
Right on++++++++

Jdubs21
12-31-2007, 03:06 AM
i second that

BisonAccountant44
12-31-2007, 04:16 AM

I'm going to have to disagree with you that we need diversity for the sake of diversity. We're trying to build a winning program here, not a perfectly diverse one. We need kids that can play ball, win games, and give us a shot at the dance. If that means we have a team full of "white kids from Class A Bumblefuck Northwestern Minnesota" then so be it. If it means we have a team full of black kids from "inner city Chicago" that's fine too. I say if they want to be a Bison, can play ball, and can help win us games sign 'em up, no matter where they're from or what they look like.

56BISON73
12-31-2007, 06:00 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with you that we need diversity for the sake of diversity. We're trying to build a winning program here, not a perfectly diverse one. We need kids that can play ball, win games, and give us a shot at the dance. If that means we have a team full of "white kids from Class A Bumblefuck Northwestern Minnesota" then so be it. If it means we have a team full of black kids from "inner city Chicago" that's fine too. I say if they want to be a Bison, can play ball, and can help win us games sign 'em up, no matter where they're from or what they look like.

Well said. PL

Herd
12-31-2007, 02:00 PM

If they want to be a Bison, can play ball, can help us win, are good students, are good citizens, and good representatives for the University . . . Then, sign them up! Diversity is actually a good thing for our team and university, and it should be one of the objectives, but not the only objective.

SDbison
12-31-2007, 02:46 PM
If they want to be a Bison, can play ball, can help us win, are good students, are good citizens, and good representatives for the University . . . Then, sign them up! Diversity is actually a good thing for our team and university, and it should be one of the objectives, but not the only objective.
I don't think the goal of ANY sports team, college or professional, needs to be diversity. If that was true than college and NBA basketball teams would need to drop about 50% of their black players and replace them with whites, hispanics and asians. Even college and pro football have become disproportionately black. Diversity might be a good thing for a community or university setting, but to translate that to sports is ridiculous. If anything, whites might now be discriminated against in sports just like blacks were 50 plus years ago.
If there can be dozens of teams in college that have all black starting lineups than it should be OK for a few teams to still have all white starting lineups (as long as both situations are due to putting the best players available on the court).

79FCourt
12-31-2007, 08:26 PM

Maybe we should fire Saul and hire Hillary. She could put together a b-ball team that "looks like America" and give them all free (not really) health care when they tear an ACL. This diversity discussion is a bunch of BS. Recruit and sign the best players we can to help this team win games. All White, great, all Black great, all pink with purple polkadots, great!

Gully
12-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Maybe we should fire Saul and hire Hillary. She could put together a b-ball team that "looks like America" and give them all free (not really) health care when they tear an ACL. This diversity discussion is a bunch of BS. Recruit and sign the best players we can to help this team win games. All White, great, all Black great, all pink with purple polkadots, great!

It "takes a village" to recruit a basketball team.

d3boys
01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I do not care if he is black, white or yellow as long as he is 7 feet tall and can walk and chew gum at the same time

Mr. Burgundy
01-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Winks is from Morris. Not exactly Minneapolis North, but he is ok. Who cares. I think you are ignorant if you think they need to play at a big school to amount to anything. Remember, ALL of these kids play AAU ball which cares exactly ZERO about where you are from. Either you can or can't play.

extremerouge
01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I do not care if he is black, white or yellow as long as he is 7 feet tall and can walk and chew gum at the same time
haha that's a funny post!

Herd
01-01-2008, 07:12 PM

If you have a team with 12 white players form MN and ND, you may lose out on that inner city kid from the south (your best recruit) who may not be interested in playing on a team with no or little diversity of color, region, or culture. In DI basketball diversity is one (not the 1st objective) of your priorities, period. It opens the door to future recruits.

NDSU is doing fine in this area, but needs to maintain diversity in their recruiting plans. If you think diversity is not important, welcome to the 2000's.

Herd
01-01-2008, 07:29 PM
You are way off base. I am not saying to pursue diversity because I am a liberal and think that we must have diversity in this world. I am saying to have diversity in your recruiting plan because it is in the best interest of NDSU and putting our best teams on the field or court.

Let's see now, we are in Fargo, ND trying to compete on a national level, and you think that diversity is un-important? Why do we have diverse coaching staffs for FB and BB? Why is our football team recruiting TX, IL, CA, FL?

Why is 1/4 of the football team of minority status? Hummmm? Do you think we are trying to put the best team possible on the field? Do you think that having minority players on the team opens the door to recruiting other minority players and the best players possible? Hillary would not get my vote if she was the only candidate as I am no liberal . . . get over yourself.

Bison53
01-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Does norwegians or polacks count?

Bison Dan
01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
No they don't because some people only "see" people as a member of a group, race, or gender, not as a individual or an individual with a special talents. I thought that we were alway told to see a person for what's on the inside not the outside. No?

79FCourt
01-01-2008, 11:58 PM
You are way off base. I am not saying to pursue diversity because I am a liberal and think that we must have diversity in this world. I am saying to have diversity in your recruiting plan because it is in the best interest of NDSU and putting our best teams on the field or court.

Let's see now, we are in Fargo, ND trying to compete on a national level, and you think that diversity is un-important? Why do we have diverse coaching staffs for FB and BB? Why is our football team recruiting TX, IL, CA, FL?

Why is 1/4 of the football team of minority status? Hummmm? Do you think we are trying to put the best team possible on the field? Do you think that having minority players on the team opens the door to recruiting other minority players and the best players possible? Hillary would not get my vote if she was the only candidate as I am no liberal . . . get over yourself.

I attended NDSU when it seemed like the only black students were athletes. But that didn't seem to deter guys like Mike Favor, Israel Moses, or Ray Mckenzie from making the decision to come here. They were recruited by mostly, if not all, white coaching staffs. I believe that minority athletes are motivated by the same things that nonminority athletes are motivated by - WINNING. They will come because we have successful programs, not because of a certain quota of minorities.

SDbison
01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
If you have a team with 12 white players form MN and ND, you may lose out on that inner city kid from the south (your best recruit) who may not be interested in playing on a team with no or little diversity of color, region, or culture. In DI basketball diversity is one (not the 1st objective) of your priorities, period. It opens the door to future recruits.

NDSU is doing fine in this area, but needs to maintain diversity in their recruiting plans. If you think diversity is not important, welcome to the 2000's.
So, how about the dozens of DI schools where there are no whites or only one white player who rides the bench? Are they seeking diversity? The whole diversity thing is a joke.

tjbison
01-02-2008, 02:17 AM

:rofl: Thats good stuff!

NDSU1980
01-02-2008, 02:22 AM
It "takes a village" to recruit a basketball team.

Actually, it takes a village to pack the BSA. We need to support the basketball teams just like the football team.

56BISON73
01-02-2008, 02:44 AM

You betcha!!!!! PL

lakesbison
01-02-2008, 03:00 AM
HOW DID THIS THREAD GET HIGHJACKED BY JESSE JACKSON???

quit with the diversity crap, its 2008, not 1958...

on that thought... DAM WE NEED A FREAKIN MONSTER ON THE BOARDS as a RECRUIT.. PERIOD!

X-Factor
01-02-2008, 07:58 PM
HOW DID THIS THREAD GET HIGHJACKED BY JESSE JACKSON???

quit with the diversity crap, its 2008, not 1958...

on that thought... DAM WE NEED A FREAKIN MONSTER ON THE BOARDS as a RECRUIT.. PERIOD!

Jordan Aaberg

nuff said :D

tony
01-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Jordan Aaberg

nuff said :D

Yeah, not to mention the big old farm kid from Iowa, Andy Nagel. They'll

X-Factor
01-04-2008, 03:38 PM
dang tony, that was smooth. ;)

lakesbison
01-04-2008, 03:50 PM
They'll have what?? 2 skinny white boys from the farm?

cmon, SAUL better send these kids up to BUCKY for some toughness.

bisonhusker
01-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Yep....with the rest of their Junior year, their entire senior year...and potentially a redshirt year (although it would appear unlikely the PG will redshirt) to add weight, work on their weaknesses....etc. I love the early signing. Plus, what happens with the kid from Rothsay adds 20 pounds this year, averages 28 and 12 next year.....then the big boys come calling and we end up losing out. That is exactly what happened when we signed Mike Nelson. He signed early and then became Mr. Basketball in Wisconsin. It is great to get these kids early. Hopefully they stay focused after signing and remember the prize is the NCAA tourney!

roadwarrior
01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
I'll take the work ethic ANY DAY from a farm kid over a kid from the "big" city!

admin
01-04-2008, 05:03 PM
dang tony, that was smooth. ;)

Wow, was that a quadruple post? Sorry, I deleted all the duplicates.

Mr_Meanor
01-04-2008, 05:44 PM
I'll take the work ethic ANY DAY from a farm kid over a kid from the "big" city!
I totally disagree with that comment. You make it sounds like all city kids are lazy. There are city kids with good work ethic just like there are lazy farmers.

BisonBlogger
01-04-2008, 05:51 PM
In basketball circles a basketball player is labeled by the term "He can play". AAU is generally where this moniker will come from.

Has absolutely nothing to do with anything else. Either he can play or not.

That is the only question.

tony
01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I totally disagree with that comment. You make it sounds like all city kids are lazy. There are city kids with good work ethic just like there are lazy farmers.

Hehe, I tend to agree with road's original comment but only if you change "city" to "suburban" (I just want to make sure everybody gets insulted) :) Seriously, I think city kids are generally extremely motivated to excel, farm kids are generally hard workers, and suburban kids, um, well, they must be great if they end up at NDSU.

Anyway, Nagel reportedly weighs 245 - that's not skinny unless you are Manute Bol (but then Bol was 7'6 and weighed 200). I don't think you want Andy much bigger than 250. It'll be interesting to see how much stronger NDSU's weight program will make him. Remember the original "big old farm kid", Phil Hansen? I think my sister could out-bench him when he started at NDSU.

ndsubison1
01-05-2008, 01:20 AM

I'll take OJ Mayo over a Farm kid unless it was Tyler Hansbrough

SlickVic
01-05-2008, 03:13 AM
I'll take OJ Mayo over a Farm kid unless it was Tyler Hansbrough

what about "big country" bryant reeves?

TheDoctor
01-05-2008, 03:22 AM
what about "big country" bryant reeves?

:rofl: What an NBA flop! Wasn't he a Grizz????? ;)

SlickVic
01-05-2008, 03:28 AM

chea still got his jersey autographed and all...what a must have piece to your collection! bryant reeves black grizz authentic for an andre game worn? ;)

d3boys
01-05-2008, 02:58 PM

I believe he played for the cowboys of ok state

SlickVic
01-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I believe he played for the cowboys of ok state

chea big country broke backboards in college for the cowboys of oklahoma state...b1 was talkin about his pro days with the vancouver grizzleys

Mr_Meanor
01-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know anything about Raymond Cowles? I am flipping through the channels and he is playing in the Timberwolves shootout. I am pretty sure NDSU has made him an offer. Just curious if he is someone we have a good shot at landing. He is having a great game with 18 points and 5 rebounds in the first half. Hopkins has a pretty strong junior class with Lockett, Broghammer and Cowles. The next game is Minnetonka which should be fun to watch as well. They are the number 1 team in the state of MN.

d3boys
01-06-2008, 02:46 AM
chea big country broke backboards in college for the cowboys of oklahoma state...b1 was talkin about his pro days with the vancouver grizzleys

my bad!!!!!!!!!!!

NDSUstudent
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Zastro moves from 7th to 6th in the Wisconsin player rankings.

http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/article.asp?nid=14642

ndsubison1
01-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Anyone know if we're looking at any Moorhead High players?

d3boys
01-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Anyone know if we're looking at any Moorhead High players?

there is not any talent to look at there this year

ndsubison1
01-09-2008, 09:46 PM
there is not any talent to look at there this year

What about Driscoll?

d3boys
01-10-2008, 02:22 AM
What about Driscoll?

good player, but more of a d2 or d3
he had 3 uncles that were bison but dad was a dragon

bisonmike2
01-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Anyone know why basketball players commit so early, espcially when compared to football players? I'm hearing about Juniors commiting before their seasons even start. With football guys a majority of the players commit during or after their senior season. Just wondering.

56BISON73
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Anyone know why basketball players commit so early, espcially when compared to football players? I'm hearing about Juniors commiting before their seasons even start. With football guys a majority of the players commit during or after their senior season. Just wondering.

Could it be because the recruiting process is different??? Plus there is a big difference in maturity between your Jr and Sr year. So may be the Universities arent going to offer football schollies until after their Sr year. PL

roadwarrior
01-11-2008, 11:02 PM

Maybe it is due to the smaller number of available scholarships in basketball.

Mr. Burgundy
01-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Here is a good article about Nagel down in Iowa......
__________________________________________________ ____

Talk about it in Off the Record
Fort Dodge St. Edmond bigman Andy Nagel signed his Letter of Intent to play college basketball at North Dakota State in the fall. That has allowed him to focus on his final year of prep hoops.

Andy Nagel is a skilled bigman.
"It has been great. I don't have anything to worry about so I can just go out there and play."

Nagel has keep a close eye on how his future school has been doing this winter.

"They have been playing great. They just almost beat California and were leading most of the game. They have been playing tough in their new conference. Most of the team is juniors so they all will be back next year."

The main focus for Nagel over the next few months is to finish his senior season strong.

"It has been going great. We still have some work to do but I can't complain about how we have been playing."

Nagel mentioned a few keys for that success to continue.

"It will be defense and getting into the flow of our offense. We need to continue the good defense that we have been playing. We have struggled with getting into the flow of our offense so we need to start stronger."

Up next for the Gaels is Iowa Falls this weekend. It is a contest that Nagel feels will not be easy.

"It will be a really tough game. They are healthy and (Michael) Collison is playing well. They always have good fans there and it is a tough place to play."

Nagel knows conference play will be tough down the stretch this year.

"I guess there is not just one team because everyone gives us their best shot when we play them. It could be Eagle Grove, Iowa Falls, or Humboldt the second time we play them. They will be a better team the next time we play."

Jdubs21
01-15-2008, 02:13 AM
i like this kid already...someone should drive down to one of his games and tape this kid and get some vids for us to watch :)

bisonhusker
01-16-2008, 04:20 PM
The Rothsay kid (Aaberg) had 23 and 15 last night in a win over Torgy's team. I guess Torgy has a center that is EVERY BIT of 6'10 and 300. Sounds like he will get a look at the D2 level, so he put up numbers against a really big guy. Saul was there to watch him and was very impressed. I guess there was a two handed put back dunk that pretty athletic. He is so young, that he potentially is still growing. 2 more years on this kid and we could have found a good one.

SlickVic
01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
torgy who???

bisonhusker
01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Ex West Fargo Packer coach. Has like a billion wins.

SlickVic
01-16-2008, 04:45 PM
i thought he quit

99Bison
01-16-2008, 05:29 PM
i thought he quit

He keeps coming back...

rutlandbison
02-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Any new news with recruiting?

Swat_Team10
02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Only news I have is that I went to church again and prayed for Coach Phillips and his staff to go get us a Junior College big man to come to Fargo and help this group of players get a run at being tops in the Summit next season and following it up with a trip to the dance!

Joking aside above, I honestly do not care if it is a JC player or not, but we have to find some one to help Lucas down in the trenches!!!!

ndsubison1
02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
we need some athletic 6'8 or 6'9 guy who can hold his own down low and play some D

Trim
02-25-2008, 08:26 PM
torgy who???

My High School coach at West Fargo! Man, I could tell you some stories about that maniac/genius. You and him would get along great Slick!

Mr. Burgundy
03-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I hope we have a fantastic crowd tonight to support the two recruits we will have at the game.

roadwarrior
03-02-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm sure the recruits enjoyed tonight's game!

Gully
03-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I hope we have a fantastic crowd tonight to support the two recruits we will have at the game.

Hopefully one was a JC big man? Jeremy Jorgenson mentioned during the broadcast that they're actively looking for JC big men to come in and help next year.

bisonhusker
03-03-2008, 04:37 PM
here is an article on Nagle down in Iowa.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3928&u_sid=10272686

66% from the field this year. 6'9 and 245. Sounds great.

SDbison
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
here is an article on Nagle down in Iowa.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3928&u_sid=10272686

66% from the field this year. 6'9 and 245. Sounds great.

Any youtube links to see Nagle in action?

capitalcitybison
03-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Saul was on the dan hammer show today and said he had found somebody to help us down low next year. He also said we could lose him to another team before signing day in april, but it sounded like he liked what NDSU had to offer.

bisonhusker
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
These are the stats for Jordan Aaberg from Rothsay. Junior. Considering he gets double/triple teamed every night, I would say he had a very good season. In three years, he will be ready to play for NDSU!

17.6 pts
11.2 rebs
4.6 blocks
68% 2 pt FG %
64% Overall shooting
67.1% FT shooting

Mr. Burgundy
03-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Nice junior season. I hope he continues to grow. I can't wait to see what the strenght coaches will do for him in his redshirt year.

sambini
03-08-2008, 03:50 AM
These are the stats for Jordan Aaberg from Rothsay. Junior. Considering he gets double/triple teamed every night, I would say he had a very good season. In three years, he will be ready to play for NDSU!

17.6 pts
11.2 rebs
4.6 blocks
68% 2 pt FG %
64% Overall shooting
67.1% FT shooting Good luck and looking forward seeing him become a BISON.

SirHinn
03-08-2008, 04:38 AM
Any word on the North Dakota boys Saul & and the assistants are trying to get to walk on? I know they are going hard after Allard and May throwing out the pitch of being able to potentially to earn a scholarship after the first year. Both look like they could have good potential, especially May.

ndsubison1
03-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Any word on the North Dakota boys Saul & and the assistants are trying to get to walk on? I know they are going hard after Allard and May throwing out the pitch of being able to potentially to earn a scholarship after the first year. Both look like they could have good potential, especially May.

Watched May at the ND State tournament on Thursday, man is he good. He can slash like none other and can make those runners everytime. He scored 34 in the 2nd half against Dickinson High, which is a pretty good team.

Mr. Burgundy
03-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I know the coaches love May. Hoping to get him to walk on, and earn the schollie later. He is such a competitor. Did Nagle win the State Championship in Iowa last night? I know they were playing for the title. It sounds like teams are putting a box and one on him to limit his touches. He is a very solid player.

lakesbison
03-08-2008, 04:46 PM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080307/SPORTS0811/80307051/1070

he lost.

http://www.iahsaa.org/basketball/08_basketball/2a08.htm stats

10 points 4 rebounds and fouled out. that sucks

SDbison
03-08-2008, 05:17 PM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080307/SPORTS0811/80307051/1070

he lost.

10 points 4 rebounds and fouled out. that sucks
Thanks for the links Lakes. See, you are not ALL bad like many on this board think! Reps to you........

RedRiver
03-08-2008, 05:33 PM

On the WDAY radio show this morning they mentioned that NDSU is interested in both Allard and May as walk-ons. Coach Richman was at the South game yesterday to watch Allard.

SirHinn
03-08-2008, 11:21 PM
On the WDAY radio show this morning they mentioned that NDSU is interested in both Allard and May as walk-ons. Coach Richman was at the South game yesterday to watch Allard.

Well, the good thing about that is May and Allard are best friends so that wouldn't hurt at all. The question is would both of them potentially be willing to possibly wait a year to maybe potentially earn a scholly? It sure would be fun to see a couple of local boys play for the Bison.

BisBison
03-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Just got back from watching the state A champ game. All I've got to say is, if Saul is asking Allard to walk on, he'd better be offering a full ride to Luke Martinez. The kid is sick, hit a three from behind the NBA line had 4 or 5 steals and 27 points. And that's with a chaser on him all night. He took over the game, South had no answer.

DIBISON
03-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Just got back from watching the state A champ game. All I've got to say is, if Saul is asking Allard to walk on, he'd better be offering a full ride to Luke Martinez. The kid is sick, hit a three from behind the NBA line had 4 or 5 steals and 27 points. And that's with a chaser on him all night. He took over the game, South had no answer.

Today, I agree with you. However long-term, I see much more potential from Allard. He has the size and skills, and will further develop in two-three years. Martinez is good today but will be at the same level in a few years.

sambini
03-09-2008, 09:14 AM

he lost.

10 points 4 rebounds and fouled out. that sucks Thanks Lakes for the link++++++++++++

SlickVic
03-09-2008, 09:57 AM
played with mr may many times up at courts plus and next to nothing about his game impressed me...what really gets me is the front page of the forum the other day i mean my oh my wheres the love for jordan driscoll? its fine if the forum wants to talk about the 3 best players in fargo but dont mention moorhead if jordan driscolls not in the mix i mean moorhead spuds all time leading scorer aka mr mid range and you wanna talk about jordan may farkus and the kid from south? give me a break...the lien machine was a monster at moorhead high and just killed at concordia this year that kid got next to nothing in the print department as well...if you people wanna talk about all around solid high school basketball players im sorry but that discussions not possible without mentioning moorheads driscoll...as for the bison being my boy burgess isnt really an option id much rather have sammy on the squad myself than may prolly not possible as a walk on oh well hopefully stu all sign him

BisBison
03-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Today, I agree with you. However long-term, I see much more potential from Allard. He has the size and skills, and will further develop in two-three years. Martinez is good today but will be at the same level in a few years.

Maybe so but that level is pretty damn good. Plus at 6'3" he has plenty of size for a shooting guard in our league. This kid has skills you can't teach. I've seen him hit a 3 off-balance with a hand in his face when the game is on the line, and he doesn't even blink an eye. He's a gamer, I'd take him over the extra 4 inches Allard offers any day. Just my humble opinion.

Mr. Burgundy
03-09-2008, 04:07 PM
As you can see the level of talent we are recruiting is significantly higher than it once was...which is great. Some of these kids would have been locks in past years. We have a really good shot at getting May.

d3boys
03-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Maybe so but that level is pretty damn good. Plus at 6'3" he has plenty of size for a shooting guard in our league. This kid has skills you can't teach. I've seen him hit a 3 off-balance with a hand in his face when the game is on the line, and he doesn't even blink an eye. He's a gamer, I'd take him over the extra 4 inches Allard offers any day. Just my humble opinion.

have them both walk on and see who makes it
i will take allard

SirHinn
03-11-2008, 09:27 PM
i will take allard

Martinez won't walk on due to the fact that the coaching staff isn't interested, he's more DAC 10 or NSIC type talent.

SlickVic
03-11-2008, 09:32 PM
i will take allard

id rather have tom lunde aka agent zero back myself

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
id rather have tom lunde aka agent zero back myself

I'd rather have a guy that has the possibility of contributing on the court someday.

No offense to Lunde, seems like a great guy.

ndsubison1
03-12-2008, 02:17 AM

I'll take Allard as someone mentioned before, he has more potenial, I mean he's a 6'7 guard in ND. Martinez is a great player but he is not a division I bball player. He can shoot, he's not strong at all and his defense needs work. He also doesnt always make the best decisions, he turns the ball over when he is pressured. Maybe if he was 6'5 or 6'6 and stronger but no

1bizon1
03-12-2008, 02:22 AM
His name escapes me, but, how about the 6'7" guard from Fargo North? Has Saul looked at him? I have not heard of him committing any where yet.

ndsubison1
03-12-2008, 02:25 AM
His name escapes me, but, how about the 6'7" guard from Fargo North? Has Saul looked at him? I have not heard of him committing any where yet.

that's Jordan Allard hes from South. NDSU wants him to walk on.

green n gold
03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
6'10" sophmore from cloquet mn drawing D1 attention.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/articles/index.cfm?id=62199&section=sports

lakesbison
03-13-2008, 06:06 AM
SHHHH.. i got a buddy up there..

I was hoping no one would mention him.... SHHHH..

green n gold
03-13-2008, 11:34 PM
SHHHH.. i got a buddy up there..

I was hoping no one would mention him.... SHHHH..

Sorry Lakes, But with Minnesota,Washington State,Iowa State,Iowa,Wisconsin,Mich St. UW-Green Bay & Northern Iowa already looking at him. I dont think he's much of a secret.

lakesbison
03-14-2008, 06:08 AM
he is pretty dam good aint he..

oh well, can't get them all. and I doubt we even have a shot here.

SirHinn
03-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Word around the street is the Bison coaching staff really love May and wish they had a scholarship to offer him. Sounds like if he agreed to walk on, it would be an absolute steal for their program. The questin is whether or not May would agree to walk on for a year to get a scholarship. The bigger question is whether or not the guy could come in and contribute right away as the backup point guard considering what they have coming back. The bigger question is for those who have seen him play, if they land him, could this be potential steal?

Kermit
03-14-2008, 02:20 PM
The bigger question is for those who have seen him play, if they land him, could this be potential steal?

IMHO, yes! May is an excellent scorer. He handles and distributes the ball very well. He doesn't have a great body (reminds me a little of Khalid El-Amin), but he does appear to be in much better shape than a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if he can guard D-I caliber point guards, but I'd love to see him in a Bison uniform.

bisonhusker
03-14-2008, 04:16 PM
you hit on it.....they want to change his body around....redshirt year can do that. If he can get that figured out, he could be very good. Pay for one year and get 4 for free.....I think alot of people would do that.

They really like him.

Greenie
03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
you hit on it.....they want to change his body around....redshirt year can do that. If he can get that figured out, he could be very good. Pay for one year and get 4 for free.....I think alot of people would do that.

They really like him.

Sounds like a solid plan. Hope it works out for May and the Bison.

TheDoctor
03-14-2008, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Kermit;183360] (reminds me a little of Khalid El-Amin)QUOTE]

That is exactly who I would compare him too as well. ;)

ndsubison1
03-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Word around the street is the Bison coaching staff really love May and wish they had a scholarship to offer him. Sounds like if he agreed to walk on, it would be an absolute steal for their program. The questin is whether or not May would agree to walk on for a year to get a scholarship. The bigger question is whether or not the guy could come in and contribute right away as the backup point guard considering what they have coming back. The bigger question is for those who have seen him play, if they land him, could this be potential steal?

This would be a big steal... But if he does walk on here, he def. should redshirt

Mr. Burgundy
03-16-2008, 06:05 PM
There might have been a guy on campus this weekend that would make alot of people happy.......

ThunderDan
03-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Wow, you guys really think Jordan May should play for NDSU?? Talk about a version 2.0 of Austin Pennick, but fatter and slower. You do realize that we are not in Division II anymore right??
I think some of you still believe we are.

Mr. Burgundy
03-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Two things: We are asking Jordan May to walk on....and the other thing is (and I am not trying to be rude), but if you think Jordan May is anything like Austin Pennick, then you have never watched either kid play.

Austin is a long athlete who can defend the 1,2, and 3. He is a limited offensive scorer. He was injured twice this year and that limited his minutes, but I can tell you the staff loves having a kid like this that they can throw on someone who "gets hot." Jordan May is an offensive stud. He put his team on his back and is a leader. To say they are anything like eachother is silly. Remember what a redshirt year can do for some of these kids. Trust me, Winks didn't look like that as an 18 year old......he is a machine now. How many small forwards lead the league in rebounding?

56BISON73
03-16-2008, 07:26 PM

They really like him.

The question is would he get a full ride or partial. I was just reading an article that explains that many college athletes only get partial schollies. There is a big misconception that they all are on full rides. PL

X-Factor
03-17-2008, 12:13 AM
There might have been a guy on campus this weekend that would make alot of people happy.......

Greg Oden's younger brother?

roadwarrior
03-17-2008, 12:19 AM
The question is would he get a full ride or partial. I was just reading an article that explains that many college athletes only get partial schollies. There is a big misconception that they all are on full rides. PL

We can give out partial scholarships in basketball, but any athlete that receives any portion of a scholarship counts as a full one as far as the 13 allowed scholarships go.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2008, 12:22 AM
We can give out partial scholarships in basketball, but any athlete that receives any portion of a scholarship counts as a full one as far as the 13 allowed scholarships go.

Really? Whats the point of giving out a "partial" instead of a "full" one then?

roadwarrior
03-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Really? Whats the point of giving out a "partial" instead of a "full" one then?

If you don't have the $$$$ to give out a full one I guess.

TheDoctor
03-17-2008, 12:31 AM
If you don't have the $$$$ to give out a full one I guess.

Good call Road! ;)

Mr. Burgundy
03-24-2008, 01:26 AM
The kid they are looking at is really athletic...he would fill the "Juco Post" that alot of people have been begging for. He was a later bloomer and chose to play JUCO in California. We are competing against other mid majors on this kid, and hope to know soon about his status. He would have less ball skills than Andre, but significantly more athletic. He also has a tie to a player that plays for us now. Cross your fingers Bison Fans...this is a big opportunity for the coaches to sign a kid up like this. This kid can get us on ESPN down in Sioux Falls with a chance to punch a ticket......You gonna be there? Ha....I just fired myself up!

SlickVic
03-24-2008, 01:56 AM
The kid they are looking at is really athletic...he would fill the "Juco Post" that alot of people have been begging for. He was a later bloomer and chose to play JUCO in California. We are competing against other mid majors on this kid, and hope to know soon about his status. He would have less ball skills than Andre, but significantly more athletic. He also has a tie to a player that plays for us now. Cross your fingers Bison Fans...this is a big opportunity for the coaches to sign a kid up like this. This kid can get us on ESPN down in Sioux Falls with a chance to punch a ticket......You gonna be there? Ha....I just fired myself up!

you got me just jacked burgundy

Tatanka
03-24-2008, 02:02 AM
you got me just jacked burgundy
Do you need some private time?:hide:

tcbison
03-24-2008, 02:11 AM

I have been hearing the same things but I didn't want to get my hopes and others up too much. I hope they can get it done because this could be huge for NDSU.

lakesbison
03-24-2008, 02:22 AM
hmmmm JUCO in Cali... hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ndsubison1
03-24-2008, 03:47 AM
Wow, you guys really think Jordan May should play for NDSU?? Talk about a version 2.0 of Austin Pennick, but fatter and slower. You do realize that we are not in Division II anymore right??
I think some of you still believe we are.

Well then maybe you should watch the kid play for once, that would help a lot.

He would be a great get esp. for walking on and with a year of redshirting that could make a big difference. I love the kids skills, he can shoot, great handles, he'll be a PG which doesnt mean he has to be a big time scorer.

lakesbison
03-24-2008, 05:10 AM
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=910&CID=739345

NO NDSU guys. duh.

top summit league 2008 recruits

Summit
Point guard: Larry Stone, IUPUI
Shooting guard: Drew Maynard, Oakland
Small forward: Dominique Morrison, Oral Roberts
Power forward: Jay Thames, Oakland
Center: Zach Fields, IUPUI

Jdubs21
03-25-2008, 02:59 AM
we better get off the pot and start gettin some kids to commit

lakesbison
03-25-2008, 03:33 AM
http://hscalifornia.scout.com/a.z?s=153&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2008

california kids. some montana & montana st recruits.. other teams.

check it out.

I cant find a JUCO list ANYWHERE!!

bison_05
03-25-2008, 03:44 AM
http://hscalifornia.scout.com/a.z?s=153&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2008

california kids. some montana & montana st recruits.. other teams.

check it out.

I cant find a JUCO list ANYWHERE!!

heres the juco list.
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=11&cfg=bb&yr=2008&pid=-1&iSchoolStateProvinceId=57&iRatingValue=-1&iGetJUCOFlag=1&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=-1&iInterestLevelId=-1&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

lakesbison
03-25-2008, 03:52 AM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=2655583

Zach Peterson Park Center 7ft 300 dam! anyone know where he's going?

ndsubison1
03-25-2008, 04:16 AM
I want to know who our JUCO guy is

roadwarrior
03-25-2008, 04:20 AM
Its a secret until signing day.

TheDoctor
03-25-2008, 04:47 AM

Yeah people. Relax. The last thing we want is for Lakes to figure out who he is and try calling him to persuade him to come here. Lets let the coaching handle it and keep our fingers crossed. ;)

lakesbison
03-25-2008, 05:03 AM
too late B1son!

TheDoctor
03-25-2008, 05:37 AM
too late B1son!

:rofl: I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: Did you and slick make a road trip down them there to do a "home visit" of your own? ;)

lakesbison
03-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Unbizon is going to drive us to every JUCO player's homes in California this weekend.. only with 6'8" 250+ guys though.. we need a BANGER!!

Slick will mesmermize them with his ebonic bball skillz.

unbison
03-26-2008, 01:04 AM
someone else will have to translate for slick..... he is to white to speak proper ebonics..... with what we will find at those juco's we will have to stop at folsom... and hire a translator

Bryan
03-26-2008, 02:42 AM
Zach Peterson Park Center 7ft 300 dam! anyone know where he's going?

Last word was Bemidji St. He is SLOW and doesn't move well.

6'8 Juco Chop Tang, originally from Mankato and now at Arizona JUCO was getting some attention from NDSU but that was couple months ago.

Greenie
03-26-2008, 03:29 PM
NDSU was interested in Chop Tang while he was in high school...hmmm

RedRiver
03-26-2008, 03:44 PM

When is the first day of the spring signing period?

tony
03-26-2008, 04:30 PM
When is the first day of the spring signing period?

April 16th.

Jdubs21
03-26-2008, 10:33 PM
so does anyone actually have info that we are close to signing a JUCO or is this just hopes an dreams?

X-Factor
03-26-2008, 11:09 PM
so does anyone actually have info that we are close to signing a JUCO or is this just hopes an dreams?

Probably all that they are willing to tell us at this point is 1 or 2 pages back on this thread.

Mr. Burgundy
03-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Chop Tang is not the name that is currently being recruited by the Bison. Although creative, he is not the guy being discussed. Sorry, wish I could share more. This kid is critical to the success of the Bison. The last thing the coaches need is Lakes talking about this kid online on 19 different message boards. This kid is big and athletic. I have said that many times. He would help immediately. Coaches hope to know soon.

Burgundy

rutlandbison
03-27-2008, 02:21 AM
Chop Tang is not the name that is currently being recruited by the Bison. Although creative, he is not the guy being discussed. Sorry, wish I could share more. This kid is critical to the success of the Bison. The last thing the coaches need is Lakes talking about this kid online on 19 different message boards. This kid is big and athletic. I have said that many times. He would help immediately. Coaches hope to know soon.

Burgundy

Very good idea to keep it quiet on here. I respect that i know why.

Jdubs21
03-27-2008, 03:03 AM

Burgundy

yeah i wasnt askin for a name...just more wondering if we actually do have a guy that we are potentially close to signing or if its all just BS and people getting hopes up when there really is no one

Mr. Burgundy
03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Come on now....you know that I don't blow smoke. I sent you a PM.

lakesbison
03-27-2008, 01:02 PM
I TOO have also sent you a PM.

This is exciting times for the 2008-2009 Bison basketball team!!

Bison Dan
03-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I TOO have also sent you a PM.

This is exciting times for the 2008-2009 Bison basketball team!!

I'm sure Mr. B is excited about getting the pm!!

bisonhusker
03-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Lakes has a ton of credability on this thread.

DORMIE
03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
I know it's frustrating wanting to know what's happening. You have to respect those who might have the information and do not feel that the information should be leaked on this board. There is a loyalty to the person giving the information. This is a very active board, probably read all over the country as well as by Gene Taylol. I would assume that the information as to the new Bison will come out when the tender is signed. Can't afford to lose one this late in the game.

MN_BISON
03-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Dormie's right about this one, loose lips sink ships and Lakes could sink the whole Atlantic fleet.

tcbison
03-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Dormie's right about this one, loose lips sink ships and Lakes could sink the whole Atlantic fleet.

Very true.

Mr. Knowitall32
03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Is this kid orginally from the twin cities? Or a former U of M player?

WRSDBison
03-27-2008, 11:40 PM

so does this mean we can blame lakes for the sinking of the titanic or the bismarck?

MN_BISON
03-28-2008, 02:22 AM
so does this mean we can blame lakes for the sinking of the titanic or the bismarck?

I think you have to give the Royal Navy credit for the Bismarck, cue Johnny Horton. You might be on to something with the Titanic though.:D

Hammersmith
03-28-2008, 02:56 AM
I think you have to give the Royal Navy credit for the Bismarck, cue Johnny Horton. You might be on to something with the Titanic though.:D

"The Bismarck started firing, fifteen miles away."

Poor Menoken.

sambini
03-28-2008, 03:26 AM
I know it's frustrating wanting to know what's happening. You have to respect those who might have the information and do not feel that the information should be leaked on this board. There is a loyalty to the person giving the information. This is a very active board, probably read all over the country as well as by Gene Taylol. I would assume that the information as to the new Bison will come out when the tender is signed. Can't afford to lose one this late in the game.
Well said Dormie. This Buds for you+++

SirHinn
03-28-2008, 03:29 AM
It's okay now, they made it official on who the recruit is on WDAY tonite.

NDSUstudent
03-28-2008, 03:42 AM
Yep, Dejuan Flowers...

http://www.msjc.edu/apps/Pub.asp?Q=1047

NDSU1980
03-28-2008, 03:43 AM
It's okay now, they made it official on who the recruit is on WDAY tonite.

Only caught the last part. Some kid named Flowers. 6'7" tall.

Edit: Good find NDSU student, I see you not only beat me to the punch, but found a link. Rep to you.

Hammersmith
03-28-2008, 05:57 AM
More info:

Flowers File (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=24109)

Mr. Burgundy
03-28-2008, 12:37 PM
There is alot of good stuff on rivals on him. Love his photo on rivals. He looks tough. We need tough.

RedRiver
03-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Now we need to get him signed!!

OnTheFifty
03-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Another name to throw in the hat:

Cory Johnson, originally from Duluth East who signed with Iowa State a couple years ago is leaving the program and looking to transfer somewhere.

6'7" Small forward - Was a pretty highly rated recruit along with Isiah Dahlman and Bryce Webster that year. Not sure if any interest in NDSU.

From his signing;

No player in Minnesota high school basketball is more ready to step into a major college program and contribute like Cory. He's going to give the Cyclones a player who will rebound and play defense with intensity. He's strong, reasonably quick and Cory will do whatever is asked of him as soon as he steps on campus. He led East to the state title game this year averaging 27 points, nine rebounds and four assists. He shot over 50 percent in his four years on varsity and is the 13th player in Minnesota high school history to score over 2,000 points and grab over 1,000 rebounds in a career.

mjtorg
03-28-2008, 02:23 PM
There's a STRONG possibility he may go to Wofford. Has been in touch with Noah Dahlman down there. Knows Noah and his brother Isaiah (MSU) from AAU ball.

X-Factor
03-28-2008, 03:18 PM
An Iowa St transfer would have to sit out a year to play at NDSU. Doubt he ends up here because he can't contribute this fall and more importantly, next spring. We need someone for 08-09

Swat_Team10
03-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Coach Burgandy, I mean Mr. Burgandy, do you know if the Bison Staff is recruiting Chop Tang? Saw him in High School and he would be a great fit from what I remember. Also any idea who the plan b recruit will be?

Cory would be a great fit hear at NDSU. His brother played for the concordia cobber men's basketball team this year! However I agree it would not be a great fit due NCAA rules having him forced to red shirt during next season.

Also has there been any signs of defections from this years roster? I am guessing everything is sitting good.

Bryan
03-29-2008, 01:22 PM
I've probably been to at least 10 Hopkins game a year the past 6 seasons and I don't have any idea who this is. Hopkins has had something like 12 div 1 kids since 2000(Jeff Hagen MN, Andrew Skoglund Iowa St, Arden Skoglund Valpo, Darren Clarke UTEP, Mitch Henke Santa Clara, Andrew Henke Air Force, Zach Puchtel MN, Jadee Jones Furman, Kris Humphries MN, Dan Coleman MN, Blake Hoffarber MN, Dan Vandervieran Purdue/Col. St.) and currently have at least 6 guys on this years team who will get D 1 scholarships. Maybe this is a kid who just didn't develope as quick or got lost in the shuffle at a big time high school program.

Mr. Burgundy
03-29-2008, 01:25 PM
I don't think anyone is leaving the current team. I also don't know if they are recruiting Tang. I think Flowers is the #1 focus right now, and you know they have other options pending his decision....but their hope is that he would sign.

The only think I want everyone to think about is the future. The Bison don't ONLY care about next year. Yeah, it is a big year, and the Big three graduate after next year, but the future is very bright. They have some very solid kids already signed that are yet to be seniors in high school. We also had some kids really step up last year as younger players. Yeah, next year is huge, but we have a solid foundation built to be a longterm player in the Summit conference.

Bryan
03-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I talked to a freind who writes for Scout and he is planning on doing any update on Flowers. said he had some academic ? in high school and wasn't eligible to play for a time. said he had a really good AAU tournament in Vegas and was supposed to go to Wisconsin Milwaukee with two of his buddies, AJ Wilson and Deonte Roberts. roberts is currently at Milwaukee but Wilson I believe is back in junior college. Remembers Flowers as limited offensively but a beast on the boards.

SlickVic
03-30-2008, 03:05 PM
There is alot of good stuff on rivals on him. Love his photo on rivals. He looks tough. We need tough.

if you think he looks tough im gonna have to show you my new drivers license photo talk about tough maybe ill scan it and post it... that pic would def get PL. and SD off me...when im asked to show ID at the licker store i get a look back like im about to rob the place and thats no joke

Gully
03-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Is he related to the Flowers from Winona State? I watched the DII BB final yesterday and that guy was unreal.

lakesbison
03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
nope the flowers from winona state is the wisconsin's flowers brother.

ok, WHOEVER we get has to be a badd ass on the boards. PERIOD!

I don't care if its the dude from old men for new country. or a HANSON BROTHER from the CHIEFS we need a KILLER!!

lakesbison
03-30-2008, 04:25 PM
However, without a TRUE GLASS BANGER, its hard for NDSU the last year to go from a 16-12 team to that 20-8 team.

Lets get a rough JUCO and go 22-6, and hit those 3 days in sioux falls hard.

Woody, Winks and Nelly deserve that from these coaches to find "that guy"

THIS is like a Free Agent signing for the pennant chase in baseball.. Saul and Richy need to be telling a 3-4 Star JUCO recruit "hey, you step in on this team and YOU WILL BE playing in the Dance"

lets get it done fellas!!!

*who else was jacked up last week on thursday/friday imagining a NDSU team playing in that game next year. MY OH MY!"

Mr. Burgundy
03-30-2008, 05:04 PM
James Eayrs scored 1,156 career points at North Dakota State College of Science and averaged 24 ppg and 9.2 rebounds this past season. This kid is something like 6'6 and 300 pounds, but seriously can dominate. I read a ton of stuff that his hands are amazing and he gets around the court pretty good. I remember seeing him on some highlights....BIG kid. I guess he is signing with UWM. It will be fun to see how he does.

Hoping flowers has an answer early this week. That would be nice!

Swat_Team10
03-31-2008, 12:01 AM
MR. B Thank you for sharing your info. Was online today and saw a lot of reports regarding DI basketball teams signing JC players. What is the next option after the Flowers kid. Its already been two weeks since the visit on campus.

Mr. Burgundy
03-31-2008, 02:07 AM
I think they were expecting some time before his decision is made, because I think he is also being recruited by other mid majors. Not positive who or how many we are against.

Jdubs21
04-01-2008, 01:41 AM
anyone hear anything on if flowers if he plans to make his decision anytime soon, i havent heard anything cept for on the news really, just wondering if anyone heard anything from him

silkamilkamonico
04-01-2008, 02:51 AM
anyone hear anything on if flowers if he plans to make his decision anytime soon, i havent heard anything cept for on the news really, just wondering if anyone heard anything from him

Sounds like it will still be a couple weeks before the staff knows either way.

Jdubs21
04-01-2008, 03:26 AM
damn im gettin anxious

rutlandbison
04-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Is he the only guy we're going after right now?

Blue
04-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Apparently, there is a press conference scheduled for noon today to announce that Cody Schilling has chosen SDSU as his choice to play basketball next year.:D

* I just think it's an April Fool's joke

MN_BISON
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Apparently, there is a press conference scheduled for noon today to announce that Cody Schilling has chosen SDSU as his choice to play basketball next year.:D

* I just think it's an April Fool's joke

Happy April Fool's day to you Blue! :nod:

bisonhusker
04-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I am crying right now. That is a classic April Fool's day joke!!!!

TheDoctor
04-01-2008, 03:53 PM
I actually fell for it, emailed Husker, who fell for it too (not even realizing that I was passing the april fools joke on). WOW! I don't get caught very often. ;) Nice work!

Blue
04-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the third box B1SON

TheDoctor
04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the third box B1SON

No problem. You deserve it! ;)

Mr. Burgundy
04-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Flowers to D1, Schilling to D3.

KC Bison
04-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Question about Isaiah Dahman. I checked the MSU web site and it appears he is buried on the bench. He played only minimal amounts of time in most of the other games and did not play at all in 17 games. He scored 20 points for the entire season. He played only 2 minutes (during a blow out loss) in the 3 tournament games. MSU signed 6'8" and 6'9" forwards that were suppose to be real studs during the November signing which could mean even less playing time next year. Any possibility of interest in NDSU??

lakesbison
04-02-2008, 05:35 AM
its already been mentioned in the dahlmann household about transferring according to Henry Lake at KFAN.

Now, can Josh Vaughn talk him into NDSU, even though He couldn't talk Noah into coming to NDSU outta HS over WOFFORD???

I don't know. hopefully,

He'd have to sit out 2009, but that gives him 2 solid years at a shot at da dance.

ndsubison1
04-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Is there another Dahlman? Where is he playing at? Or am I retarded?

tony
04-02-2008, 10:19 AM

Yes. Michigan State. No.

mjtorg
04-02-2008, 03:07 PM

Noah starts for Wofford, Isaiah plays very little for MSU and that will not increase next year but he'll stay there. There's a brother Jonah who's a Junior playing for Braham HS. He's about 6'2" and slim like Isaiah with a high BB I.Q., Has some good moves but needs to bulk up.

lakesbison
04-02-2008, 05:08 PM
there you go, beat me to it.

Yea. Noah is gone.

Jonah probably will play D2 maybe.

OnTheFifty
04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Dyami Starks, Sophomore, Duluth East

Teams showing interest:

Cincinnati, Notre Dame, a couple Big East Schools, Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State.

lakesbison
04-07-2008, 07:07 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/17342464.html

metro all conference kids.

sambini
04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks Lakes for the link+++

SlickVic
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
kolpack keeps crying about needing a "athletic wing" i can have kevin hanks here anyday of the week somebody text saul kids killin

met1990
04-07-2008, 04:54 PM
kolpack keeps crying about needing a "athletic wing" i can have kevin hanks here anyday of the week somebody text saul kids killin

When has Kolpack ever talked about NDSU needing an "athletic wing?"

SlickVic
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
When has Kolpack ever talked about NDSU needing an "athletic wing?"

every other day if you read his blog but ima get burgess to transfer kevin the incredible hanks to walk on and that team will be unbeatable i be blazing on these recruiting trails

Hammersmith
04-07-2008, 05:09 PM
It's Hallstrom saying that, not Kolpack.

NDSUstudent
04-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Article on recruit James Kinney(not much about NDSU though).....

http://www.illinoishsbasketball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=665&Itemid=1

OnTheFifty
04-21-2008, 12:03 PM
2009 recruit - Point Guard Marc Sonnen

Real Deal on the Hill event. - Arkanasas

Point guard Marc Sonnen was at his best in the first game as he turned a one point lead into a double figure advantage with his penetration and passing. Marc is always willing to make the extra pass as he recognizes when teammates are hot working to get them the ball, This is one player who understands what a good shot is and is not. Sonnen has a smooth jumper although this weekend he was not hitting with the consistency that he normally does. Regardless Northern Iowa, North Dakota State, Wisconsin-Green Bay and Colorado State had assistants watching him at all times.

bisonhusker
05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Bison have a kid on campus today that can just flat stroke it. (no jokes please). Really pure shooter. Class of 2009 from Minnesota. That is all for now.

NDSUstudent
05-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Bison have a kid on campus today that can just flat stroke it. (no jokes please). Really pure shooter. Class of 2009 from Minnesota. That is all for now.

Would this be Michael Felt? Our latest recruit who is 6'2 and is reported to have great tools in the backcourt along with a fantastic shooting stroke.

NDSUstudent
05-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Some more recruiting info....

2008- May 6th- James Kinney Journal #3
What's up everyone? This is James Kinney of Champaign checking in with my man Daniel Poneman for another update on how AAU, myself, and my recruiting have been going so far up until this spring.

As few of you may know, I run with Illinois Elite, a program under my dad’s direction. I have been pleased with our overall play as a team this year. We are 13 and 4 with wins over top programs such as the Illinois Warriors, Texas Bluechips Elite, Jacksonville Lee Bulls, and Nashville Celtics. We may not look that great on paper but we play well together and have tons of multi-position players such as myself and Mike Brigham of Danville. We also play one of the tougher schedules of any of the Illinois teams. So far we have played in Illinois Spotlight, Real Deal on the Hill, Flash Hoops Review, the King James Classic, and this weekend we will be headed over to Bloomington, Indiana for the Adidas May Classic, which we took 2nd place last year after falling to Indiana Elite ONE in the ship after eliminating teams such as Meanstreets and Michigan Mustangs. Following that we will be at Spiece at the end of the month before our June break.

Recruiting has been picking up as of late as one high major, Kentucky, continues to keep in touch after my play during the high school season. Me and assistant coach Tracy Webster have a very good relationship that all started a few years back when he was at Illinois. I am very interested in them even though they have gotten a commitment from GJ Vilarino from Texas. Other schools up there with Kentucky are George Mason, Illinois, Illinois St, Iowa, North Dakota St, Indiana even though they have a new staff that hasn't expressed interest yet, Edwardsville, and Murray St. I have also received calls from Colorado St and Missouri St.

http://www.illinoishsbasketball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=697&Itemid=93

Bryan
05-09-2008, 10:50 PM
raymond cowels?

Jdubs21
05-10-2008, 04:35 PM

i hope ur not teasing :)

OnTheFifty
05-28-2008, 06:19 PM
A couple of more names to follow with NDSU offers:

Mike Felt - Redwood Falls (MN) - I think he only averaged 30 pts a game last year. Offers from South Dakota St, North Dakota St, Mankato, and Southwest St

Nate Wolters - St. Cloud Tech - Offers now from North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, and South Dakota State

bisonhusker
05-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Felt was the kid I was referring to several posts ago. Really good shooter.

lakesbison
05-28-2008, 09:32 PM
FELT is DA BOMB... period.. would LOVE to see him at NDSU

The St CLoud Tech kid....ahhh....hmmm... nah. Tech is and never has been a basketball program.. . icky.

colt46
05-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Ahhh, the Tech kid, Wolters is very good. Different strengths than Felt, but Wolters will be a strong above average athlete who will be a good PG in the Summit League.

klomp44
05-28-2008, 11:44 PM
A couple of more names to follow with NDSU offers:

Mike Felt - Redwood Falls (MN) - I think he only averaged 30 pts a game last year. Offers from South Dakota St, North Dakota St, Mankato, and Southwest St

Nate Wolters - St. Cloud Tech - Offers now from North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, and South Dakota State

Stay close to home Mike! Go to Southwest! (Second choice should obviously be NDSU, then the Bunnies, Sues, Kytes, and Mavs.)

bisonhusker
05-29-2008, 03:49 PM
If NDSU offers and a kid goes to SW State.....I would be shocked. But, stranger things have happened. We have a very good chance to get Felt.

Tatanka
05-29-2008, 04:15 PM
We have a very good chance to get Felt.

...oh, never mind. :D

TransAmBison
05-29-2008, 04:26 PM

...oh, never mind. :D
There just isn't any sport in the last few...

lakesbison
05-29-2008, 08:58 PM
my chances are at 100% tonite

TransAmBison
05-29-2008, 09:14 PM
http://diy.despair.com/output/poster48859978.jpg

Tatanka
05-30-2008, 12:25 AM
:rofl:

Roffelmayo!!!!!!11!1!!1!!one!

UTH
05-30-2008, 01:44 AM
:rofl:

Roffelmayo!!!!!!11!1!!1!!one!

Be those the pretty blonde locks of his fair viking maiden?

I hope he washes that helmet-wig.

sambini
05-30-2008, 02:51 AM
If NDSU offers and a kid goes to SW State.....I would be shocked. But, stranger things have happened. We have a very good chance to get Felt.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

klomp44
05-31-2008, 06:11 AM
I wouldn't be shocked. NDSU won't be the same after this year. SMSU plays in maybe the toughest D2 conference in America.

Plus, didn't Schilling turn down offers from NDSU/SDSU to go to Augie.

Remember that theres more to recruiting than just if its D1 or D2. Theres location, coaching staff, likability of teammates, likability of campus, educational opportunities (they are students, after all), etc.

Mr. Burgundy
06-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Klomp, instead of staying NDSU won't be the same next year, please give us a reason why....other than you played a a lower level of competition....which is absolutely awesome basketball, nothing against that level....I am just curious why you think NDSU won't be the same???? To me it seems like NDSU is putting together several nice classes in a row. Just curious.

Schilling turned down scholarships because the string on his car only goes 9 miles from home. Had nothing to do with Augie outrecruiting either NDSU or SDSU....nothing at all. I know that you understand that.

klomp44
06-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Losing 4 starters is never easy, no matter how good of a recruiting class you have. Forget the Schilling example, I know it was a bad one. But I will stand by my last statement.

And by the way, I am not Klomp, I'm his brother.

bisonhusker
06-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Yep, the Schilling example was a bad one. Bison football was stuck without a running back after Kyle Steffes graduated too.....remember that? yep, a big old hole at Running back. then a kid named Tyler came in.

Bison Basketball is DEEPER than it has EVER been. Don't quote me on this, but I am 99% sure I am right. When the "Fab 5" was recruited.....I think they had a total of ONE division 1 scholarship offer....and I think that was to Lunde. So you don't know how kids are going to perform until they get on campus. Winks is a great example of that. Not highly recruited, and now he leads the Summit in rebounding and is a 1st team all conf player. Nobody saw that coming.

Just my feedback. NDSU hoops is in very good hands.

lakesbison
06-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I am jacked for NDSU basketball this year for obvious reasons.

BUT the future is getting brighter each day.

Drew (UNI transfer) & Zastrow will be solid together.

Flowers for 1 more year. Carlson will be another "WINKY" in my opinion.

Nagle from Iowa will contribute.

that's 5 guys that NONE OF THE CASUAL NDSU BBALL FANS has seen play yet.

Don't Fret klomp, just buy 2 season tickets.

klomp44
06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Can't afford them. I'm just a fan of NDSU because I live in the area and went there a year, but I go to Southwest.

sambini
06-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Klomp if you need some tickets PM me. I'll get you some.

lakesbison
06-22-2008, 03:33 AM
http://hsminnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=396&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2009

heres some solid kids that could be on NDSU's radar.

Felt should be a target for NDSU. and some others. GO BISON!

NorCalJack
06-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I know that NDSU will lose quite a few players to graduation this year, but how many scholarship players does NDSU have locked up after this year. How many scholarships does NDSU still have to fill out to get the maximum of 13? Which recruits are you going after for 2009 and how many verbals do you have for 2009 and beyond?

roadwarrior
06-30-2008, 06:57 PM
I know that NDSU will lose quite a few players to graduation this year, but how many scholarship players does NDSU have locked up after this year. How many scholarships does NDSU still have to fill out to get the maximum of 13? Which recruits are you going after for 2009 and how many verbals do you have for 2009 and beyond?

Check out this thread: 2 verbals so far for 2009

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13062

Mr. Burgundy
07-07-2008, 03:49 AM
http://www.missbasketball.com/dakota/2008stats/mensIndividualScoringLeaders.pdf

Not a great website, but you should be able to move around a bit and see that Jordan Aaberg, Rothsay MN verbal had quite a tourney. Even broke a record for the most 2 point baskets made in the history of the tourney (13).
I was trying to find that stat line....but I heard he went for something like 29, 18 and 6 blocks.....I love how this kid is developing....and he still has a senior year and redshirt year. (I found where he did have a game with 29 points, but no stats on rebounds and blocks. Mike Felt, current recruit also had a huge tourney...yep, he can shoot it.

Mr. Burgundy
07-07-2008, 03:50 AM
The stat I was trying to reference in that last post was that he averaged 18.5 ppg.....it is at the bottom of that entire scroll.

realisttoo
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
The Rothsay kid has played well this summer. He will be better than I thought he would be for the Bison. Good get.

Bryan
07-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Bison had two coaches at Wayzata today for the 43 Hoops Tourny, mainly looking at Halvorsen from Sibley

OnTheFifty
07-17-2008, 05:29 PM
For the record, NDSU has officially offered Chad Calcaterra from Cloquet when he was here for a camp.

extremerouge
07-17-2008, 06:38 PM
is there any info out there about Chad Calcaterra?

Bison"FANatic"
07-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Here's a article that comes up when you google him

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/720427.html

greenwenvy
07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Heres a link to an interview with him from the Gopherhole.
http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=753

Bison"FANatic"
07-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Here's another link from today, I don't have insider so I can't see it all.
http://minnesota.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=73411&sport=2

Just my gut but I don't foresee him in green and gold but I hope I am wrong.