PDA

View Full Version : Added a new media section to website

HerdBot
12-20-2007, 06:54 AM
There seems to be a nice discussion here on local media and Bison coverage. Here are my thoughts. If you want more Bison covearge, you need to contact them and let them know. If your like most people you don't have the time to do that so I've put together a list of every local radio station, tv station, and newspaper in the region with a link that goes directly to the "contact us" section for easy access.

Visit http://bisonnation.homestead.com and scroll down to the bottom for the list.

EXAMPLES:

The Fergus Falls newspaper had an article on the former Bison kicker Boe. If you enjoyed it, let them know so they do it again. Click the link and shoot them a quick email.

We all want more games on FSN North, right? I have a direct link to the "feedback form." Fill it out and say you want to see more NDSU! Trust me they read that stuff.

Am I the only person who is annoyed that the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press do not post Bison scores? Even though there are 40,000 alumni. How about sending them an email stating "I just moved to Mpls and I would like to read about NDSU or at least see the scores in the paper." Emails like that go along way. Now it's easy to find

Somebody posted that Bismarck ignores us. How about sending them emails saying you want more Bison coverage. The link is easily accessible.

Articles = exposure
exposure = tickets
tickets = money
money = scholorships
scholorships = players
players = good team
good team = championship

onbison09
12-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks!!! You have a great site.

bisonpride2k
12-21-2007, 01:43 AM
There seems to be a nice discussion here on local media and Bison coverage. Here are my thoughts. If you want more Bison covearge, you need to contact them and let them know. If your like most people you don't have the time to do that so I've put together a list of every local radio station, tv station, and newspaper in the region with a link that goes directly to the "contact us" section for easy access.

Visit http://bisonnation.homestead.com and scroll down to the bottom for the list.

EXAMPLES:

The Fergus Falls newspaper had an article on the former Bison kicker Boe. If you enjoyed it, let them know so they do it again. Click the link and shoot them a quick email.

We all want more games on FSN North, right? I have a direct link to the "feedback form." Fill it out and say you want to see more NDSU! Trust me they read that stuff.

Am I the only person who is annoyed that the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press do not post Bison scores? Even though there are 40,000 alumni. How about sending them an email stating "I just moved to Mpls and I would like to read about NDSU or at least see the scores in the paper." Emails like that go along way. Now it's easy to find

Somebody posted that Bismarck ignores us. How about sending them emails saying you want more Bison coverage. The link is easily accessible.

Articles = exposure
exposure = tickets
tickets = money
money = scholorships
scholorships = players
players = good team
good team = championship

Great post ++++

99Bison
12-22-2007, 09:30 PM

EXAMPLES:

Articles = exposure
exposure = tickets
tickets = money
money = scholorships
scholorships = players
players = good team
good team = championship

------------------------
Slight modifications... :)

Articles = exposure
exposure = tickets
exposure = sponsorships and support
tickets = money
sponsorships and support = money++
money = scholorships
scholorships = players
players = good team
good team = exposure

-----------------

BTW, I believe closer to 10k alumni is the reported figure for MSP area...?

roadwarrior
12-22-2007, 09:42 PM
7 County Mpls-StPaul metro area
Number of NDSU alumni:

Hennepin 3408
Scott 450
Dakota 1395
Ramsey 1024
Washington 656
Carver 464
Anoka 765

Total 8162