PDA

View Full Version : Attendance

aces1180
12-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Official attendance from Media Relations:

5,134...Not too bad.

Mr_Meanor
12-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Thats better than I expected. I was thinking it would end up being around 4,500. Good sized crowd considering the semester ended yesterday.

DIGRAPPLER
12-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Official attendance from Media Relations:

5,134...Not too bad.

Aces, do you think this game will have the same effect the first football game had. I mean will it help boost attendance numbers the rest of the year? I was at the game and the crowd was great. I DVRed the game and watch the first few minutes. For as crappy as the BSA is, the game atmosphere on Tv looked great. Maybe it will have a carry on affect the rest of the season. I sure hope so. Hopefully a lot of people watched the FSN coverage and will want to come to a game. I will definitely come to more games!

Bison101
12-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Aces, do you think this game will have the same effect the first football game had. I mean will it help boost attendance numbers the rest of the year? I was at the game and the crowd was great. I DVRed the game and watch the first few minutes. For as crappy as the BSA is, the game atmosphere on Tv looked great. Maybe it will have a carry on affect the rest of the season. I sure hope so. Hopefully a lot of people watched the FSN coverage and will want to come to a game. I will definitely come to more games!

It will certainly attract those who saw the game!* Not that they will all come, but it might attract an extra 500 to each game.

*Excluding Cableone Customers

DIGRAPPLER
12-15-2007, 10:16 PM
What was the deal with cable one? That's too bad. I am glad I don't have it. I went to 5 games last year, I know for sure I will go to a few more this year just because of the fun time I had today. Wasn't the Acrobat team at halftime something else!

Bisonguy
12-16-2007, 01:20 AM
It will certainly attract those who saw the game!* Not that they will all come, but it might attract an extra 500 to each game.

*Excluding Cableone Customers

I DVR'd the broadcast on Cableone's Fox College Sports Central and got the entire game. :hide:

From what I've seen the quality of the broadcast is usually a little better if it's offered on the Fox College Sports, as opposed to Fox Sports North. :nod:

Bisonguy
12-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Oh yeah, the lighting is still horrid in the BSA, and it shows on TV. :nod:

ndsubison1
12-16-2007, 01:50 AM
I wonder how many ppl we'll get for in-conference games with Oral Roberts, IUPUI, and Oakland... I would like to see big crowds like this for those games

aces1180
12-16-2007, 03:31 PM

I talked with some folks at NDSU and they said the Summit games will be very competitive. Should be some really good basketball coming to the BSA in the next few months.

lakesbison
12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
alot of people I know did what I did this year.

Bought COL ST. SDSU & Oral Roberts games......

those are the ONLY big games on the schedule.

after the centenary game, I think I'll be attending that now.

cannot believe some people actually LEFT early.. (its a SAT AFTERNOON in FARGO FOR GODS SAKE!)

plus, how can people NOT stand up and cheer more, its a horrible problem in this town.

roadwarrior
12-16-2007, 11:29 PM
A true Bison fan would buy tickets and attend all of the games.

aces1180
12-17-2007, 01:21 AM

I wouldn't say that...Some true Bison fans don't live in Fargo, making it very difficult for them to make it to all the games, myself being an example.

onbison09
12-17-2007, 03:15 AM
With all due respect Road I'm not as amazing as you are so I don't know if that could happen. And I don't own a Lier private jet so I can't jet up from DFW for every game. I'm not T Boone Pickens. :D

NDSUstudent
12-17-2007, 03:53 AM
alot of people I know did what I did this year.

Bought COL ST. SDSU & Oral Roberts games......

those are the ONLY big games on the schedule.

after the centenary game, I think I'll be attending that now.

cannot believe some people actually LEFT early.. (its a SAT AFTERNOON in FARGO FOR GODS SAKE!)

plus, how can people NOT stand up and cheer more, its a horrible problem in this town.

Lakes.....IUPUI is supposed to be the team to beat, you might want to pick up tickets for that game as well. Oakland is also solid.

ndsubison1
12-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Lakes.....IUPUI is supposed to be the team to beat, you might want to pick up tickets for that game as well. Oakland is also solid.

Yeah IUPUI is tough, they beat UMass and only lost to Marquette by 8

roadwarrior
12-17-2007, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't say that...Some true Bison fans don't live in Fargo, making it very difficult for them to make it to all the games, myself being an example.

You are correct. I was aiming my comments at those living or working in Fargo. And I was not including road games.

Its very important to build the base of support this team deserves, and that means getting to as many games as possible. Every Summit League game is as important as the one against the first place team. I'm very hopeful for great crowds for the nine home conference games left in the season. We suffered through three seasons with no conference games, so lets get out and get the Summit League off to a great first season in Fargo.

When you listen to the players, it sure sounds like they feed off of the energy of the crowd when they play at the BSA. It's surprising when you read comments from visitors about the hostile environment we have at the BSA.

aces1180
12-17-2007, 02:03 PM
You are correct. I was aiming my comments at those living or working in Fargo. And I was not including road games.

Its very important to build the base of support this team deserves, and that means getting to as many games as possible. Every Summit League game is as important as the one against the first place team. I'm very hopeful for great crowds for the nine home conference games left in the season. We suffered through three seasons with no conference games, so lets get out and get the Summit League off to a great first season in Fargo.

When you listen to the players, it sure sounds like they feed off of the energy of the crowd when they play at the BSA. It's surprising when you read comments from visitors about the hostile environment we have at the BSA.

I agree with you there...The BSA can be really loud when the crowd is large...I remember the last game against the Sioux and it was deafening.

roadwarrior
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
The crowd for the Kansas State game last year was much louder than the crowd this past weekend for the Colorado State game. Much of that was due to the students being on break.

rdh701
12-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I'd recommend getting tickets to the Oakland game, watched them play Michigan last week, and they have a couple of great players. I don't remember the name, but one is an outstanding penetrator with exceptional finish. Should be a very good game.

I was pretty happy with the turnout for the Tim Miles homecoming. A lot of respect for him shown by all.

roadwarrior
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Thu Jan 3 - IPFW
Sat Jan 5 - Oakland
Thu Jan 17 - Southern Utah
Sat Jan 19 - UMKC
Fri Jan 25 - SDSU
Thu Feb 7 - Western Illinois
Sat Feb 9 - IUPUI
Thu Feb 28 - Centenary
Sat Mar 1 - Oral Roberts

All games at 7pm

lakesbison
12-17-2007, 02:57 PM
OK ... I IUPUI Im in for now, you all sold me.

oakland... hmm we'll see.

P.s- all the OPEN space behind the South Bleacher should have something going on, maybe a TEAMMAKERS pregame party each week? bring in some GRILLS, or something for a TEAMMAKERS TAILGATE..

i

DIGRAPPLER
12-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Thu Jan 3 - IPFW
Sat Jan 5 - Oakland
Thu Jan 17 - Southern Utah
Sat Jan 19 - UMKC
Fri Jan 25 - SDSU
Thu Feb 7 - Western Illinois
Sat Feb 9 - IUPUI
Thu Feb 28 - Centenary
Sat Mar 1 - Oral Roberts

All games at 7pm

I think Roadwarrior is trying to say is "STEP UP TO THE SUMMIT" but without the lame rapper!! The radio adds have the coaches saying "it take thousands to step up to the Summit, I think they are talking about us. Just like in football the crowd can be the extra man. So I hope we keep up with the nice crowds. When the students get back, they will add to the energy a bit.