PDA

View Full Version : NDSU recruiting Rosemount OT Tim Sauer

OnTheFifty
12-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Looks to have a great frame and has been offered a grey shirt from Minnesota. He has some nice things to say about NDSU. He would be a nice get.

Rosemount Irish football is about being one the most physical offensive ground attacks in the state. A big part of that offense is the Irish line. Senior offensive tackle prospect Tim Sauer (6-foot-7, 260 pound) was literally the biggest of that group the past two seasons. Long and athletic he was a difference maker and that has not been lost on college coaches.

Sauer who attended the Midwest High School Combine in Woodbury, MN. last Spring, has been on the recruiting radar of a number of colleges since that time. Recruiting is progressing rather well. Tim gave us the latest on his recruiting. "I have received much interest from many D1 and D2 schools in the Midwest. My goal was to have had an offer by the time I entered preseason camp. That didn't happen, but not receiving an offer didn't stifle me. It only fueled the fire within me."

His play this past season showed that fire. He now sits with a number of offers and options. "I have been offered a "grey shirt" from the University of Minesota," explains Sauer. "I have also been offered by North Dakota State and Northern Iowa." If you follow MinnesotaPreps.com you'll know that he recently made an official visit to the University of Colorado.

Sauer talks about the process. "I been to NDSU, what an amazing campus and facility.
It's been a great and wonderful experience receiving all the mail, talking with and visiting with all the coaches." Look for more from Sauer as he nears his college selection.

56BISON73
12-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Whats a grey shirt mean??? PL

HerdBot
12-15-2007, 02:54 AM
I wonder if there is a relationship with the Sauer who played for the Gophs, Vikes and coaches at the Liberty? http://www.fargomoorheadliberty.com/coaches.html

OnTheFifty
12-15-2007, 03:02 AM
Whats a grey shirt mean??? PL

A player does not join the football program until January of the following year. A player can go to school part time or do nothing at all, but cannot be a full time student during th e fall semester. The plan would be to join the football program in January in order to bring in a kid and not having them count for the current class.

56BISON73
12-15-2007, 03:40 AM
A player does not join the football program until January of the following year. A player can go to school part time or do nothing at all, but cannot be a full time student during th e fall semester. The plan would be to join the football program in January in order to bring in a kid and not having them count for the current class.

He gets to develope untill Jan without using any eligibility. So hes really a red shirt but they dont have to declare him one. If they then declare him a red shirt in his REAL first year then he really hasnt played for 2 seasons. Dam who figured thAT OUT. pl

jfresh
12-16-2007, 03:38 AM
I am a senior right now at Rosemount High School, and I got to watch Tim play all season. He absolutely does work on the football field. He's also a great kid off the field.

d3boys
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM
welcome fresh, good to hear about Tim and I hope he chooses the right school which probably should be us

Jdubs21
12-16-2007, 04:10 PM
remind him that if he wants to win championships...green and gold is where that'll happen lol :D

jfresh
12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
remind him that if he wants to win championships...green and gold is where that'll happen lol :D

I'll talk to him on Monday for you :)

Bisonguy
12-16-2007, 11:01 PM
And now would be as good a time as any to remind everyone of the NCAA Compliance Rules (http://www.gobison.com//pdf6/79469.pdf?SPSID=12293&SPID=714&DB_OEM_ID=2400)