PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Football Schedules 2008 & 2009

jackrabbit1979
12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?&SPSID=64627&SPID=7153&DB_OEM_ID=15000&Q_SEASON=2008

2008 Schedule:

Sat, Aug 30 Iowa State at Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Sep 06 Youngstown State (Ohio) — Cereal Bowl * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 6 p.m.

Sat, Sep 13 Western Illinois — Beef Bowl * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 6 p.m.

Sat, Sep 20 Northern Iowa * at Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA

Sat, Sep 27 Stephen F. Austin (Texas) at Nacodoches, Texas TBA

Sat, Oct 04 McNeese State (La.) — Hobo Day Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 2 p.m.

Sat, Oct 18 Cal Poly Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 6 p.m.

Sat, Oct 25 Indiana State * at Terre Haute, Ind. 2 p.m. ET

Sat, Nov 01 Missouri State * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.

Sat, Nov 08 Illinois State * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.

Sat, Nov 15 Southern Illinois * at Carbondale, Ill. TBA

Sat, Nov 22 North Dakota State — Dakota Marker Game * at Fargo, N.D. TBA

* Conference Games

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?&SPSID=64627&SPID=7153&DB_OEM_ID=15000&Q_SEASON=2009

2009 Schedule:

Sat, Sep 12 Georgia Southern — Cereal Bowl Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 19 Indiana State — Beef Bowl * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 26 Illinois State * at Normal, Ill. TBA

Sat, Oct 03 Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, Calif. TBA

Sat, Oct 10 Missouri State * at Springfield, Mo. TBA

Sat, Oct 17 North Dakota State — Dakota Marker Game * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 24 Northern Iowa — Hobo Day * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 31 Youngstown State * at Youngstown, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 07 Southern Illinois * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 14 Minnesota at Minneapolis, Minn. TBA

Sat, Nov 21 Western Illinois * at Macomb, Ill. TBA

* Conference Games

aces1180
12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I can see the chance for 7 losses in '08 - Iowa St., YSU, UNI, McNeese St., Cal Poly, SIU and NDSU

and 6 losses in '09 - GSU, Cal Poly, NDSU, UNI, YSU and Minnesota

That's a tough schedule...Good luck!

jimmyjack
12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
I can see the chance for 7 losses in '08 - Iowa St., YSU, UNI, McNeese St., Cal Poly, SIU and NDSU

and 6 losses in '09 - GSU, Cal Poly, NDSU, UNI, YSU and Minnesota

That's a tough schedule...Good luck!

I can see a chance for 12 wins in 2008 and 11 in 2009, particularly since no games will be played for 10 months.

Who the hell knows what any of those teams will be like next year... and two years from now? You prepare the best you can and play it out on the field.

aces1180
12-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I can see a chance for 12 wins in 2008 and 11 in 2009, particularly since no games will be played for 10 months.

Who the hell knows what any of those teams will be like next year... and two years from now? You prepare the best you can and play it out on the field.

Good point...SDSU could be 0-12 and 0-11.

Bison bison
12-13-2007, 07:20 PM

SDSU lost a lot of seniors.

Personally I hope they go 11-1 and 10-1 in '08 and '09 in the regular season.

Blue
12-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Good point...SDSU could be 0-12 and 0-11.
As could NDSU...

UTH
12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Good point...NDSU could be 12-0 and 11-0.

As NDSU will...

No, I think you hit the wrong button.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/navywrongbutton.jpg

*fixed it for you

Blue
12-13-2007, 11:32 PM
*fixed it for you
No....I think you just made yourself look like a tool:nod: :nod:

lakesbison
12-14-2007, 12:45 AM
OH MY GOD>... SDSU is starting to get under my skin.. like a rival or sumthing..

SDSU 7-4 every year, in my opinion.. never GREAT enough to worry about

Never CRAPPY enough to write off..

good enough BUNNY TURDS??

p.s- Im still pissed at nebraska & illinois

NDSUFREAK
12-14-2007, 01:12 AM
bunnies suck too much in the beginning of the season anyway. i don't see playoffs next year for them

UTH
12-14-2007, 05:32 PM
No....I think you just made yourself look like a tool:nod: :nod:

Oh, Lord, no. Homer, maybe. Tool? That's just not nice. http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/butt.gif:smh:http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/butt.gif

aces1180
12-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Oh, Lord, no. Homer, maybe. Tool? That's just not nice. http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/butt.gif:smh:http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/butt.gif

D'OH! "Homer no function beer well without."

jimmyjack
12-14-2007, 08:45 PM
never GREAT enough to worry about

Except for oh, I don't know, this year when we beat your asses.

aces1180
12-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Except for oh, I don't know, this year when we beat your asses.

What do the numbers 51-38-5 mean?

Oh that's right, its NDSU's all-time record against the Bunnies in college football.

Did I mention we have eight national championships in football, while you have zero?

Bison06
12-14-2007, 10:10 PM
One game does not make the bunnies the better team. They were the better team on one day. Pose the question on AGS if you don't believe me. Ask them who was the better team last year and see what they respond with.

Bison101
12-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Pishaw. That Nebraska game has nothing on us.

Nebraska needed to fill in their schedule, and the Jacks were a relatively close team.

SDSU will simply be out of the game from the get-go, and the Cornhuskers will have one on the left. End of story.

d3boys
12-15-2007, 01:16 AM
that is a tough schedule in 2008 no matter what you say jacks fans, I dont see more then 7 wins
good luck is right

jimmyjack
12-15-2007, 11:13 AM
What do the numbers 51-38-5 mean?

Oh that's right, its NDSU's all-time record against the Bunnies in college football.

Did I mention we have eight national championships in football, while you have zero?

What do the numbers 29-24 mean? Or how about 2-2 since that's the series record in FCS.

You said "never great enough to worry about". I pointed out that you maybe should have worried about us this year. NDSU is historically a great program. We just won our first conference title in my lifetime. Nobody's claiming parity.

jimmyjack
12-15-2007, 11:17 AM
One game does not make the bunnies the better team. They were the better team on one day. Pose the question on AGS if you don't believe me. Ask them who was the better team last year and see what they respond with.

Give me a break. All I was responding to was the notion that SDSU is "never great enough to worry about". Did I say that we were a better team? Read all of my posts on this board, and you'll see there are no delusions of grandeur from SDSU based on one win.

You guys need to take off the green and yellow goggles and read a little more carefully. SDSU fans have tremendous respect for NDSU. Too bad so many of your fans don't recriprocate.

We're 2-2 since the move up. If I had to bet, I'd say it'll be 2-3 after next year because it's very, very tough to win in the Fargo Dome.

jimmyjack
12-15-2007, 11:20 AM
that is a tough schedule in 2008 no matter what you say jacks fans, I dont see more then 7 wins
good luck is right

You're right. I think 7 wins would be pretty good with that schedule. We're not an NDSU-like program and nobody down here is expecting 11 wins every year. We're making progress, though, and I think within four years, we'll contend for the playoffs.

Gully
12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Give me a break. All I was responding to was the notion that SDSU is "never great enough to worry about". Did I say that we were a better team? Read all of my posts on this board, and you'll see there are no delusions of grandeur from SDSU based on one win.

You guys need to take off the green and yellow goggles and read a little more carefully. SDSU fans have tremendous respect for NDSU. Too bad so many of your fans don't recriprocate.

We're 2-2 since the move up. If I had to bet, I'd say it'll be 2-3 after next year because it's very, very tough to win in the Fargo Dome.

The fact that you're bragging about being 2-2 against us just shows the separation between the two programs. SDSU had a nice win against NDSU...congratulations. Also, congratulations on setting up some tough schedules, I think it'll be very difficult but it will make the bunnies a better program. SDSU is now starting to appear in our rearview mirror. Kinda looks like a dot at this point.

aces1180
12-15-2007, 02:53 PM
What do the numbers 29-24 mean? Or how about 2-2 since that's the series record in FCS.

You said "never great enough to worry about". I pointed out that you maybe should have worried about us this year. NDSU is historically a great program. We just won our first conference title in my lifetime. Nobody's claiming parity.

Actually, you quoted the wrong person...I never said anything about "never great enough to worry about." However, I was worried about that game. I had a bad feeling going down I-29 and it came true.

But overall, SDSU just need to face it, that it will never be in the same category overall as the Bison are in college football...It may be a harsh sentiment to swallow, but deep down in your heart you know its a fact, Jack.

JackJD
12-15-2007, 03:11 PM
NDSU football prior to the early 1960s was weak. The Bison made a commitment to be the best and it started showing in 1963 and even though there have been some down years since the mid-1960s, the Bison program has been a winner.

SDSU's football prior to the early 1960s was one of the top programs. In about 1963, SDSU's fortunes turned down and it was, even though there have been some decent years, a middle-level NCC program...until recently.

I think you're seeing SDSU going through one of those changes not unlike what the Bison did in the very early 1960s when there was an institutional commitment to a sport and renewed fan interest. SDSU's success is not necessarily a detriment to any other program. In other words, if SDSU become a consistent top-tier FCS football program, it does not mean NDSU or any other school in particular has to start having trouble. It does mean that NDSU and SDSU, since they are in the same region, will compete more heavily for some of the same recruits but I think both school have their "regions" so both can prosper.

I think some conclusions can be reached from the four Dakota Marker games. The home team has always won the Marker. SDSU won the first Marker in a storybook finish that some Bison called lucky as they walked out of Coughlin Alumni Stadium. NDSU won the next and while SDSU played tough, NDSU was the better team. NDSU won the third one but it was a much closer game with a punt run back eventually breaking SDSU's back. SDSU won it this year...they played better. If Walker had been able to pull it out, the SDSU fans would have walked away from the stadium calling NDSU nothing but lucky. SDSU's pass interception broke NDSU's final try, as far as momentum goes, it was not unlike the punt retrun in the 2006 game.

There's no question NDSU is clearly the program with the well-established winning tradition. The win-loss record proves the point. But I'm not looking any further back in time than the last game against the Bison. I know what's coming up in the future for SDSU. You know that Coach Bohl and his staff are not sitting in their chairs patting each other on the back about past win/loss records. They're thinking about what's coming up and I am confident in saying Coach Bohl and his staff are not as smug about the Jackrabbits as some of the posters on Bisonville. If they have the same opinions about the Jackrabbits, then you need different coaches.

JackJD
12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
I have a followup comment...
I think the last time SDSU won a football game in Fargo was 1962 (it may have been '63). That is an amazing statistic. Playing in the FargoDome is probably more difficult than playing at the old outdoor field. I've been in the FargoDome for the last two SDSU games and it is hard to imagine a more hostile environment for a visiting football team. (I say that in a complimentary way...I think that's great when the home crowd can make that kind of noise.)

All winning and losing streaks come to an end. SDSU's program is poised to break two streaks in 2008: the embarassing losing record in Fargo; and the home team always winning the Dakota Marker.

Bison101
12-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I have a followup comment...
I think the last time SDSU won a football game in Fargo was 1962 (it may have been '63). That is an amazing statistic. Playing in the FargoDome is probably more difficult than playing at the old outdoor field. I've been in the FargoDome for the last two SDSU games and it is hard to imagine a more hostile environment for a visiting football team. (I say that in a complimentary way...I think that's great when the home crowd can make that kind of noise.)

All winning and losing streaks come to an end. SDSU's program is poised to break two streaks in 2008: the embarassing losing record in Fargo; and the home team always winning the Dakota Marker.

Yes.. it is an AMAZING statistic! You're first paragraph is totally awesome and I thank you.

And about that second paragraph. I like the first sentenece. but the second one.........

bisoneer
12-16-2007, 12:50 AM
We WANT the Marker Back ASAP. We flat out gave it to them this yr.

JackJD
12-16-2007, 05:59 AM
SDSU won the Dakota Marker this year. Watch a tape of the game.

Bisonguy
12-16-2007, 03:14 PM

We can't, your AD didn't want it televised.

d3boys
12-16-2007, 03:45 PM

nice bisonguy

UTH
12-16-2007, 05:28 PM

You think maybe they just lacked the proper technology to provide a live broadcast and were too ashamed to use that as a reason? Don't forget, this IS Brookings.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Jackrabbitfamilyoldbunnies.jpg

*banjo player out of town when photo was taken

JackJD
12-16-2007, 06:44 PM

A DVD of the game is ready to go, subject to some final details about the audio portion. Watch GoJacks.com for details on availability. Of course, I doubt many NDSU fans will want to watch the game again.

Bisonguy
12-16-2007, 07:54 PM
A DVD of the game is ready to go, subject to some final details about the audio portion. Watch GoJacks.com for details on availability. Of course, I doubt many NDSU fans will want to watch the game again.

Ah, that's why there weren't more SDSU fans at the game. They knew a DVD would be coming out later.

Why would we go to GoJacks.com for details when we know some SDSU fan will start a new thread here about it?

Gully
12-16-2007, 08:54 PM

They're making a DVD of the game? Wow, getting a little excited about one win aren't we? Especially considering the punt return for TD, blocked punt, fumble, not a fumble fumble, interception, and basically down two running backs and a wide-out and still you barely won.

Jacks have a nice program but people are acting like they had a great year....they really didn't. Put up a 20-2 record over two years and beat some FBS teams and then I'll be impressed.

Mr. Burgundy
12-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Gully, you forgot to mention the fact that they just verballed an in state kid!!! Congrats to them on that signing.

lakesbison
12-16-2007, 11:51 PM
BUNNY TURD SMACK..

I LOVE IT!!!!! THATS SOME GOOD STUFF RIGHT THERE MEN!!

is there any lakes near brookings? ? or does going to "the lake" in south dakota = going to the sewage pool on the outskirts of town. or the slough? ?

UTH
12-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Gully, you forgot to mention the fact that they just verballed an in state kid!!! Congrats to them on that signing.

Wow, that's awesome! Good for them. Nice catch and Congratulations to you, Bunnystan!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/GoodJobyougettodrinkfromthefirehose.jpg
*You're a lucky, lucky, lucky little school. 'Cause you know why? You get to drink from... the fire hose!

onbison09
12-17-2007, 03:26 AM
They're making a DVD of the game? Wow, getting a little excited about one win aren't we?
COUGH Gopher game COUGH. Bottom line: SDSU had to play perfect. They did. We had to play good. We played alright. They were the better team that day. We were the better team this year. PERIOD.

SDSUJack3031
12-17-2007, 05:52 AM
COUGH Gopher game COUGH. Bottom line: SDSU had to play perfect. They did. We had to play good. We played alright. They were the better team that day. We were the better team this year. PERIOD.

That sums it up right there. Good post.

B. b. bison
12-17-2007, 06:34 AM

Exactly

NDSU has their year in review DVD, SDSU has the marker game DVD. :p

bisonmike2
12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
They're making a DVD of the game? Wow, getting a little excited about one win aren't we? Especially considering the punt return for TD, blocked punt, fumble, not a fumble fumble, interception, and basically down two running backs and a wide-out and still you barely won.

Jacks have a nice program but people are acting like they had a great year....they really didn't. Put up a 20-2 record over two years and beat some FBS teams and then I'll be impressed.

Good for SDSU. Why not make a dvd of the game. First conference title in many years, a victory over the then rank #1 and undefeated team in the country on their home turf and taking back the Dakota Marker. I hope they send a copy to Bohl and the other coaches so that the Bison can watch the game every year before we play the bunnies. Seeing how sh!tty they played should serve as a "what not to do against SDSU" reminder.

heckler
12-18-2007, 01:23 PM

Even though the win over the U was awesome it might have been more impressive that the Jacks beat the Bison. Even though they beat us it's a compliment that they are making a DVD about beating US. When someone makes a DVD about beating the Bison we know that the Bison have hit the big time. It says, "Wow, we never thought we would beat the #1 team in the nation!" Kind of like beating your bigger, stronger, older brother. That is why we never made a single game DVD beating SDSU last year; we expect to beat them. It is great to be the Big State U that everyone is looking up to. Bison pride baby, Bison pride.