PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern will play in dome....

HerdBot
12-12-2007, 06:07 PM
...says Kolpack on the area voices Bison Media blog. The Georgia Southern AD says they will come to Fargo... they just don't know when. http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

I'm cool with waiting to play Georgia Southern. It will round out one hell of a schedule. Georgia Southern... those guys are really good... have won, what 4 or 5 championships? What if it's pushed up to 2009? Hows this for a schedule...

HOME: Northern Iowa, Youngstown, Georgia Southern, Illinois State and Misouri State. One cupcake game to open the season.

ROAD GAMES: SDSU, Southern Illinois, Iowa State, Indiana State, Western Illinois.

Sure beats the days of Augustana! Doesn't Montana State owe us a game too?

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Good for GSU in the commitment to honor the home and home. I respect them! I was at the game in Statesboro and I must say the GSU fans were a great bunch of people!!

BisBison
12-12-2007, 06:18 PM
...says Kolpack on the area voices Bison Media blog. The Georgia Southern AD says they will come to Fargo... they just don't know when. http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

I'm cool with waiting to play Georgia Southern. It will round out one hell of a schedule. Georgia Southern... those guys are really good... have won, what 4 or 5 championships? What if it's pushed up to 2009? Hows this for a schedule...

HOME: Northern Iowa, Youngstown, Georgia Southern, Illinois State and Misouri State. One cupcake game to open the season.

ROAD GAMES: SDSU, Southern Illinois, Iowa State, Indiana State, Western Illinois.

Yeah Mt St owes us a game, but I'm not holding my breath.

BigBison
12-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Well thats great! I was really looking forward to playing them this year and was dissapointed when they said they weren't coming up here.

roadwarrior
12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
The reason GSU cannot play on the earlier scheduled date for 2008 was that their conference added a team, and the conference scheduled a game for GSU for that date.

fargocyclone
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
The reason GSU cannot play on the earlier scheduled date for 2008 was that their conference added a team, and the conference scheduled a game for GSU for that date.

which is a lot more respectable than what MT St. did!

Bisonguy
12-12-2007, 09:31 PM

Yeah, GSU even tried to get the conference game rescheduled for 2008, but it didn't happen.

jackrabbit1979
12-12-2007, 09:33 PM

It might not be in 2009, unless GSU plans on making two trips to the Dakotas that year. SDSU's 2008 and 2009 schedule was released today:

Sat, Sep 12, 2009 Georgia Southern — Cereal Bowl Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

I posted the schedules in the "Gateway Conference" thread if you are interested.

X-Factor
12-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Cereal Bowl :confused: for real? I guess whatever it takes to bump the attendance up, you would just think they could come up with a more creative name.

lakesbison
12-13-2007, 12:40 AM
THE PORTAPOTTY BOWL is NOV 4th.

ndsubison1
12-13-2007, 01:08 AM

I think they have 6 championships

Bisonguy
12-13-2007, 01:11 AM
I think they have 6 championships

Six Flags Over GSU :nod: :nod: :nod:

patssle
12-13-2007, 02:47 AM
What if it's pushed up to 2009? Hows this for a schedule...

You guys are coming to Huntsville in 2009 I believe.

56BISON73
12-13-2007, 04:01 AM

Hmmm only 550 miles for me. PL

X-Factor
12-13-2007, 01:37 PM

Why couldn't we play both? That would finish out the '09 schedule as we have 8 Gateway, 1@ Iowa State 1@ SHSU and then maybe GSU. You bearkats seem awful worried about the Bison not making the return trip. We will be there!

NDSU_grad
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah Mt St owes us a game, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mt. St. does not owe us a game. They bought out of the contract.

WYOBISONMAN
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Mt. St. does not owe us a game. They bought out of the contract.

That is indeed correct.........

patssle
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
bearkats seem awful worried about the Bison not making the return trip.

Not worried...you guys seem like a classy bunch.

Missouri State screwed us over this year...that's why we had 2 D2s on the schedule.

onbison09
12-17-2007, 03:08 AM
Looking forward to watching the BISON in Texas.

JSUBison
12-17-2007, 03:53 AM
I hope the Bison continue to schedule the southern schools. It's the only chance I have at seeing the Bison. The Southern and Southland conferences have some strong teams. Although I live in SWAC country, NDSU could probably do away with any future games, as the SWAC is an average D2 conference at best.