PDA

View Full Version : New Bison Website: What do you think?

HerdBot
12-12-2007, 08:09 AM
http://bisonnation.homestead.com/index.html

Here is my new fan website. What do you think SO FAR? It's still a work in progress so it's kind of sloppy. I wanted to get everyones opinion. I haven't even done a spell check yet.

How do you like the general layout? What is it missing?

Verbals and recruiting radar? Need a link to the Fargo Scheels. Bison Merchandise? More links?

Please help me find more media. Ideally I'd like to find a news story on the Montana game but it seems like Montana erased it from existance. Same with Sids 40-0 prediction.

Please add contribution, must have links, etc... I'm tying it in with the Bisonnation blog I have at the area voices.com

http://bisonnation.homestead.com/index.html

extremerouge
12-12-2007, 08:19 AM
hey well done looks good so far!

tcbison
12-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Very nice. It is one of my favorites.

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Make sure you don't use official logos without permission from NDSU.

stpaulbison
12-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Very cool.

99Bison
12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Looking good!

May want to check out the waybackmachine for old web articles:
http://www.archive.org/index.php

bisondad
12-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Looks Awesome. Maybe set an area for Bison history. Seems I've seen many requests for past Bison items, information, etc.

NDFAN2
12-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Looks Great! I hadn't seen the Coach Brewster press conference on TV or video replay before. So thanks for having that up (in non-youtube form)!

NDSUguy
12-12-2007, 01:52 PM
looks good.

go bison.

HerdBot
12-12-2007, 03:01 PM
added a web poll... what d1a team would you like to play the most? I had to refresh my screen to see it

Bison"FANatic"
12-12-2007, 03:09 PM
That is a excellent start. It is nice to have all of the links in one place to go to! Very nice site.

HerdBot
12-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Make sure you don't use official logos without permission from NDSU.

Anyone know how you get permission?

56BISON73
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM

Call the AD dept and speak to Troy.

On another note. The black lettering on the navigation buttons are hard to read against the green. May be another color would be better. PL

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2007, 06:00 PM

I would talk to the ADs office and have them direct you....It looks like it will be a great web site. Good job!

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2007, 06:00 PM
oops, Pat beat me to the punch!!

56BISON73
12-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Thats much better!!!!! PL

TheDoctor
12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
gabe I like it, looks sharp. Do you also go by bison nation as well? I noticed from your website. Are you then the person who makes weird posts on Kolpack's blog about Duke? Whats up with that???? Or is that another bison nation??? Anyone else noticed the weird things a guy named bison nation writes on Kolpacks blog about Duke? I probably wouldn't pay much attention, but as a Duke fan myself, I always notice when I see Duke's name. Anyway, I like where your page is going, you'll have to show me how to put youtube right on my webpage (no link) I mean. ;)

HerdBot
12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
gabe I like it, looks sharp. Do you also go by bison nation as well? I noticed from your website. Are you then the person who makes weird posts on Kolpack's blog about Duke? Whats up with that???? Or is that another bison nation??? Anyone else noticed the weird things a guy named bison nation writes on Kolpacks blog about Duke? I probably wouldn't pay much attention, but as a Duke fan myself, I always notice when I see Duke's name. Anyway, I like where your page is going, you'll have to show me how to put youtube right on my webpage (no link) I mean. ;)

No somebody else must be using the moniker because I don't know anything about Duke. I'll email you instructions.

imported_Bisongold
12-12-2007, 10:26 PM
That is an awesome site! Everything on one site. Way to go!!

Bisonguy
12-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Gabe- great job on the site!!

Bison_Pride
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I think it sucks.......................JUST KIDDING! (just wanted to be different)

Looks good, you've put a ton of work into it. Nice updates, that will keep you busy.

onbison09
12-14-2007, 03:06 AM
NICE SITE. This is some goosebump material. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tqYuV4c-JY&feature=related

HerdBot
12-14-2007, 05:44 AM
I checked the numbers and the bison nation site had over 600 unique page views over the 1st 2 days. 350 on Wednesday and 250 Thursday. Most of the clicks were from this site. I don't know how that rates but considering this is a hobby and I'm launching it during the offseason..... I'm impressed! Makes we want to work extra hard... problem is my vacation is almost up and then it's back to work! Tell your buddies about it. The whole point is to promote Bison football and get everyone EXCITED about it! If we can keep everyone talking Bison football after Christmas then we are going to kick some butt next year. I'm going to put a local radio schedule on the page with call in numbers so we can call in and talk some Bison Football.