PDA

View Full Version : Petrino leaves Falcons for Arkansas

56BISON73
12-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Guess the NFL and 24mil just wasnt his cup of tea. PL

SirHinn
12-12-2007, 04:35 AM
Guess the NFL and 24mil just wasnt his cup of tea. PL

Good move for Petrinto. The coach thought he would have Michael Vick and he didn't want to be stuck in that craphole considering Vick set them years behind.

56BISON73
12-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Good move for Petrinto. The coach thought he would have Michael Vick and he didn't want to be stuck in that craphole considering Vick set them years behind.

No doubt with Vick being gone was the reason he bailed. You really want him around when things get tough.:D (petrino)PL

sambini
12-12-2007, 04:54 AM
Wow good hire for the Hogs.

SirHinn
12-12-2007, 04:55 AM
No doubt with Vick being gone was the reason he bailed. You really want him around when things get tough.:D (petrino)PL

I was suprised with him leaving though. I thought he would stay and draft his boy Brian Brohm in the NFL. Clearly he didn't think Brohm would be enough to make the Falcons even somewhat competitive though. He'll definately make Arkansas even more difficult to stop offensively right away though with his genius offensive ability and his knack for being able to recruit offensive studs. The bigger question though is, will they be able to find a defense?

56BISON73
12-12-2007, 05:01 AM
I was suprised with him leaving though. I thought he would stay and draft his boy Brian Brohm in the NFL. Clearly he didn't think Brohm would be enough to make the Falcons even somewhat competitive though. He'll definately make Arkansas even more difficult to stop offensively right away though with his genius offensive ability and his knack for being able to recruit offensive studs. The bigger question though is, will they be able to find a defense?

I was surprised as well. Should be interesting. PL

HooliganBison
12-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Would you really want to put up with the attitudes of NFL players all the time? They've already fined Hall(defensive back) a couple of times for talking bad about him to the press and getting in his face during the games. I say good for him getting out of a no-win situation.

SirHinn
12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Would you really want to put up with the attitudes of NFL players all the time? They've already fined Hall(defensive back) a couple of times for talking bad about him to the press and getting in his face during the games. I say good for him getting out of a no-win situation.

Good valid point! Tough to blame him indeed when he gets a nice gig at a pretty solid SEC school.

56BISON73
12-12-2007, 05:16 PM

Very good point. Plus you cant treat the pros like you do college kids. PL

sambini
12-13-2007, 02:40 AM
I speculate that Petrino just loved the college game more. I was surprised by the move.