PDA

View Full Version : Top Women's Pole Vaulter signed

JackJD
12-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Leslie Brost, Watertown, SD, one of the top high school pole vaulters in the US, two-time state champ, and holder of the state record 13-foot vault, has signed with the Bison.

She is one of the top four returning senior vaulters in the USA. She also runs on sprint relay teams.

Minnesota and Nebraska wanted her badly. That's a great catch.

MN_BISON
12-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the info JackJD. Watertown seems to put out some very good atheletes for not being that big of a town.

Trainer
12-08-2007, 12:46 AM
A little more info... Member of the 4X400 relay team that won the state title for Watertown (SD) and was selected as the Gatorade Girls Track and Field Athlete of the Year for South Dakota last spring.

JackJD
12-08-2007, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the info JackJD. Watertown seems to put out some very good atheletes for not being that big of a town.

We've been a pretty good track and field town. Some of you older Bison will recall NDSU's multiple track and cross country All-American Warren Eide is a Watertown native...more recently, Parmer, Antoin, and others...Watertown Arrows.

Coach Ryun Godfrey's dad, Vic, is the Watertown coach.

sambini
12-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Way to go Coach Godfrey.

tony
12-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Holy cow! Nice catch!

JackJD
12-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I recognize not everyone focuses on track and field so let me give you some indication of how good Brost is based on not only statistics, but my personal observation.

Brost has been one of the top high school pole vaulters in the USA for a couple of years. Compare her to, for example, Mallory Peck, the Purdue Boilermaker, a junior who returns to defend her Big 10 Indoor title in the pole vault. Peck is from Sioux Falls, SD. Her 13' 5" was good for 7th place at the NCAA national meet her soph season (last spring).

Peck is good. Very good.

Brost is better. You have a potential national place-winner (maybe champ) in a couple of years.

sambini
12-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks JACK JD for your insight++++++++++

SamsRams
12-15-2007, 03:54 AM
Wow, those are some impressive heights!!