PDA

View Full Version : Huskers to play SDSU in 2010.

bisonhusker
12-05-2007, 07:46 PM
It pains to say this, but SDSU has signed a contract to play the Huskers in 2010....obviously in Lincoln. I was REALLY hoping we would get to play down their first. That is my dream game.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
I would imagine a lot of Bison fans wanna see this game, and I can completely understand why it would mean more to you.

Bo Pelini, IMHO, was a great hire for Nebreska. It's also a great oppurtunity for SDSU to play that level of a game for their program.

I hope it's only a matter of time until NDSU gets a game like this. No disrespect to UofM becaue it's a great opponent for NDSU in so many different areas, but I can't wait until the time comes where NDSU is playing on an elite stage like a Nebreska. And despite their program woes under Callahan, it's still a prestigeous football school that does anything and everything to be elite on a national level.

tcbison
12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Maybe NDSU and Ohio State can play in 2010. That would be a great game and a huge guarantee.

bisonhusker
12-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I wonder if we had an open date on the same day they just booked SDSU? If so, I may cry. They don't travel well, they don't even fill their own stadium. I am not happy about this. Nebraska is a top 10 football program in the nation. It would be an honor to play in Lincoln. Now with a new coach in place, I hope they dominate SDSU.

aces1180
12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I would assume SDSU would be a cake walk for the Huskers. I honestly think teams are hesitant to play us because we have a stronger overall program. And if any Jack fans disagree, too bad...Its the truth.

lakesbison
12-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Oh Christ!!!!!!!!!!

Are You Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God I Hate Them!!

bisonpride2k
12-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Could have had the Huskers last year when Nichols State played them. We turned it down. Heck's older brother was a coach there at the time.

UTH
12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Wow. Congrats, Jacks. [link (http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=64624&SPID=7153&DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=1346602)]

lakesbison
12-05-2007, 08:22 PM
http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php

tcbison
12-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Looks like SDSU gets to play Illinois in 2011 also. They have done a good job scheduling out in advance. I really wish NDSU would do this. I would think it would really help with recruiting. I think SDSU has an advantage there.

lakesbison
12-05-2007, 08:28 PM
THIS IS CRAP!!!

I AM BEYOND PISSED.. ILLINOIS too??

UTH
12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
THIS IS CRAP!!!

I AM BEYOND PISSED.. ILLINOIS too??

Well, they need to get big games in somehow. :p The Bison, on the other hand, will be looking at the playoffs. :D

lakesbison
12-05-2007, 08:41 PM
u read my comment on the BIG RED blog? ha ha

what a JOKE! NDSU brought more fans to THEIR stadium (7000) this year, and we had to use portapottie's and their trophy case is a plywood box, its laughable.

Oh, and they come out of a makeshift trailer onto the field.

IF YOU GUYS IN NEBRASKA WANT A REAL TEST, WHY DONT YOU PLAY US (NDSU) and your old D-Coord Craig Bohl??

we still have spots open for 2008,2009.

www.bisonville.com

bisonmike2
12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I wonder if we had an open date on the same day they just booked SDSU? If so, I may cry. They don't travel well, they don't even fill their own stadium. I am not happy about this. Nebraska is a top 10 football program in the nation. It would be an honor to play in Lincoln. Now with a new coach in place, I hope they dominate SDSU.

Nebraska doesn't really have to worry if the visiting teams travel well. They have no problem filling their own staduim unlike the large univerisity in Minnesota. Oh and I'm also dissapointed that we couldn't get Nebraska on the schedule. Almost went to NU, and I still like to follow what they have left of a football team.

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-05-2007, 09:50 PM
u read my comment on the BIG RED blog? ha ha

what a JOKE! NDSU brought more fans to THEIR stadium (7000) this year, and we had to use portapottie's and their trophy case is a plywood box, its laughable.

IF YOU GUYS IN NEBRASKA WANT A REAL TEST, WHY DONT YOU PLAY US (NDSU) and your old D-Coord Craig Bohl??

www.bisonville.com

Wow Lakes, you're going off the deep end.

I thought you guys brought 12,000 of the 16,000 to the game? Did you count the NDSU fans one by one?

Portapotties, no comment on those. But that's all changing with the 10+ million dollar improvements that are coming Coughlins way.

All that hardware we brought home that weekend would look just in the "plywood" box.

What's laughable is how bad we've owned NDSU head to head in all sports since the transition. Someone should pull up those stats again. What's laughable is the justification/excuses you guys come up with whenever we beat you or something good comes along for us. Your jeolousy is shining bright today Lakes;)

BTownJack
12-05-2007, 09:54 PM
In case you all cared to know. Hopefully NDSU has these kinds of games lined up as well. From the Argus Leader:

SDSU football to play Huskers in 2010, Illinois in 2011

By Staff reports
Comment Print Email PUBLISHED: December 5, 2007

BROOKINGS – South Dakota State University has signed agreements to play at the University of Nebraska and the University of Illinois in football during the 2010 and 2011 seasons, respectively.

The game at Nebraska is scheduled for Sept. 25, 2010, in Lincoln. SDSU and Nebraska have met in football one other time, with the Cornhuskers winning 58-7 during the 1963 season.

“There’s a lot of excitement in our program and we look forward to the huge challenge of playing at Nebraska, but that’s what our program has been about throughout our move to Division I,” said SDSU head coach John Stiegelmeier.

The matchup with Rose Bowl-bound Illinois is slated to be played Sept. 10, 2011, in Champaign, and will mark the first meeting between Illinois and SDSU in football.

(read more) (http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071205/NEWS/71205048)

ThatWouldBeSeven
12-05-2007, 09:59 PM
It's cool to see that SDSU can get some big games scheduled. Hopefully we too have some great games planned.

GO BIG RED!

Mr. Burgundy
12-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Too bad only 100 fans will make the trip and their AD will refuse to put it on TV.

lakesbison
12-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey BTOWNJACKass. . .we already have a thread bout it . . ur late. . maybe u guys can upgrade that plywood trophy case now . . .

Bisonguy
12-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Duplicate Thread Merged

Mr. Burgundy
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
SDSU will now be a part of three sold out houses. They played at NDSU with about 250 fans there, NDSU vs SDSU in Brookings...they had half the crowd, and now in Lincoln....where they will be a part of another sold out crowd at Memorial Stadium......their about 300th in a row. Hopefully some of the players parents will be able to make the trip.

jimmyjack
12-05-2007, 10:57 PM
NDSU should get on Iowa's schedule. As an Iowa grad, I'd be thrilled with that... and I'd be rooting for the Bison.

I guess I don't understand all the SDSU-bashing on this thread. You act as if we're Augustana or Winona State. SDSU has been your transition partner, and we've played four consecutive competitive games in football and are 2-2. We've killed you in women's basketball. We've beaten you in volleyball and soccer this year. You've had our number in men's basketball... most of the time, although I think it'll be a lot more interesting this year. We're a solid rival and a partner in all of this. The quicker some of you figure that out, the better.

I'm happy for SDSU, and I look for reasons to root for NDSU, too... except when we meet head-to-head. I understand it's not all of you here, just a few... but seriously... can you get a grip and stop thinking of SDSU as your "ADHD nephew" already? NDSU can probably get Nebraska in 2011.

lakesbison
12-05-2007, 11:14 PM
CUE the KUM-BA-YAH music.... my god!!

You wanna be our rival, then get some thick skin, OF COURSE WE ARE GONNA RIP ON YOU!!

OF COURSE WE ARE JEALOUS!!

OF COURSE WE ARE GONNA TRY AND KICK YOUR ASS EVERYTIME WE PLAY YOU!!!!

wow.... and I thought sioux fans were sissies.....and we moved onto a better rivalry...

step it up bunny turds.

p.s- yes im pissed at you having nebraska & illinois.....grrr

TransAmBison
12-05-2007, 11:57 PM
step it up bunny turds.

That's some pretty good smack...

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-06-2007, 12:23 AM

You wanna be our rival, then get some thick skin, OF COURSE WE ARE GONNA RIP ON YOU!!

wow.... and I thought sioux fans were sissies.....and we moved onto a better rivalry...

step it up bunny turds.

Count me in JimmyJack's camp. I thought we all left that childish, petty crap behind with USD and UND. Guess Lakes has not.

HuskerFan
12-06-2007, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=lakesbison;164604]u read my comment on the BIG RED blog? ha ha

Then tell your AD to contact Osborne, because I would love to see Nebraska/NDSU play each other. I'm a Fargo native, and I have been waiting for this game to be scheduled since NDSU moved to D1aa.

GO Big Red

UTH
12-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Count me in JimmyJack's camp. I thought we all left that childish, petty crap behind with USD and UND. Guess Lakes has not.

Well, you can't please 'em all. (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11865&page=3)

I'm glad you want to play nice. Here you go...
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Bunnies/Aintbunnyrabbitcute.jpg

JackJD
12-06-2007, 03:03 AM

step it up bunny turds.

Lakes: You win the flame war. I guess I'll just close down for the night and feel badly about...let's see...
2008: SDSU v Iowa State
2009: SDSU v. Minnesota -- new stadium
2010: SDSU v. Nebraska
2011: SDSU v. Illinois.
And Lakes, have you heard some of the rumors about 2012: SDSU v. ????

Now, to get a little perspective...SDSU has not played a FBS team during the transition. NDSU has...with great success. So, you can calm down now.

HerdBot
12-06-2007, 04:02 AM
It pains to say this, but SDSU has signed a contract to play the Huskers in 2010....obviously in Lincoln. I was REALLY hoping we would get to play down their first. That is my dream game.

My dream game is Wisconsin or Iowa because we recruit those area's heavily and it would be an opportunity to make a big impression. Same with Illinois now that we're Gateway.

We don't recruit Nebraska a whole lot so I don't see the value. But it's going to give recruits an edge when they can say they will play the Cornhuskers.

Ohio State is the dream destintion. #1 in the country. Big payout. We recruit there.

JackJD
12-06-2007, 04:21 AM
Lakes:

Here's the way it's reported on the official Nebraska Athletics site:

After the trip to Washington, Nebraska will complete non-conference play against South Dakota State on Sept. 25. The Jackrabbits finished 2007 with a 7-4 record and won the Great West Conference title. SDSU won its final five games of the season, while their four losses were by a total of 26 points, including three by six or fewer points. South Dakota State will move to the Gateway Conference in 2008. The Jackrabbits open the 2008 season at Iowa State and have 2009 game at Minnesota.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1346442

HerdBot
12-06-2007, 04:31 AM
Could have had the Huskers last year when Nichols State played them. We turned it down. Heck's older brother was a coach there at the time.

Yeah you think we were going to pass on Minnesota to play Nebraska? That would have been 3 BCS teams. The sad part, we could have beaten Nebraska this year. Top 10 team? :LOL Maybe in 4 years.

HerdBot
12-06-2007, 04:37 AM
Wow Lakes, you're going off the deep end.

I thought you guys brought 12,000 of the 16,000 to the game? Did you count the NDSU fans one by one?

Portapotties, no comment on those. But that's all changing with the 10+ million dollar improvements that are coming Coughlins way.

All that hardware we brought home that weekend would look just in the "plywood" box.

What's laughable is how bad we've owned NDSU head to head in all sports since the transition. Someone should pull up those stats again. What's laughable is the justification/excuses you guys come up with whenever we beat you or something good comes along for us. Your jeolousy is shining bright today Lakes;)

Dude. Your football team hasn't won in Fargo since 1965 and we've split since during the transition. We've won 8 National Championships in football to your zero. We've gone 3-1 vs BCS teams. You haven't played one yet. You have never been ranked higher than us during the transition. We brought 7,000 fans to your house. There are not 7,000 tickets available for our house because we actually have season ticket holders who buy them before they go on sale. Your best in state recruit is Preston Evans and he's going to NDSU. You won a flukey game which you would have lost had we played it again. We sold out nearly every home game when they are on TV. Your 10 million dollar upgrade isn't much more than we spent on scoreboards and video screens at the dome.

And we've been the superior mens baskeball team too. What's the last time you beat 2 top 10 teams? Ever been top story on ESPN? Didn't think so.

Still think you've owned us? Didn't think so.

The only sports you have owned us in are girl sports but they don't count. Never cared about girls basketball. Mens BB and Football are kings.

lakesbison
12-06-2007, 04:46 AM
THIS AINT CHILDISH.... THIS IS REAL SMACK FOR A REAL RIVAL

RESPECT THAT BUNNY TURDS!!!

p.s- i said 2 times now.. im extremely jealous... thats why Im smacking so hard!!!

HerdBot
12-06-2007, 04:48 AM
NDSU should get on Iowa's schedule. As an Iowa grad, I'd be thrilled with that... and I'd be rooting for the Bison.

I guess I don't understand all the SDSU-bashing on this thread. You act as if we're Augustana or Winona State. SDSU has been your transition partner, and we've played four consecutive competitive games in football and are 2-2. We've killed you in women's basketball. We've beaten you in volleyball and soccer this year. You've had our number in men's basketball... most of the time, although I think it'll be a lot more interesting this year. We're a solid rival and a partner in all of this. The quicker some of you figure that out, the better.

I'm happy for SDSU, and I look for reasons to root for NDSU, too... except when we meet head-to-head. I understand it's not all of you here, just a few... but seriously... can you get a grip and stop thinking of SDSU as your "ADHD nephew" already? NDSU can probably get Nebraska in 2011.

Sorry we're just a little jealous. There has been some rumors floating around we'd be playing Ohio State... not sure if it's true but we want to see a BCS game on the schedule and we're getting IMPATIENT! No smack intended. Just venting.

SDbison
12-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Sorry we're just a little jealous. There has been some rumors floating around we'd be playing Ohio State... not sure if it's true but we want to see a BCS game on the schedule and we're getting IMPATIENT! No smack intended. Just venting.
So where has Gene Taylor been during the last year or two? The Minnesota games were set up almost two years ago. The 2009 Iowa State game was set up more than a year ago......after SDSU got the 2008 game. Most fans here on Bisonville are happy with the 2008 schedule with no FBS teams? Instead NDSU will be like Montana with 7 home games and 3 patsies. Can't have it both ways! I complained about a lack of keeping the momentum and need to schedule FBS foes...... many on this board gave me crap. Instead SDSU steals NDSU's thunder and makes the big schedule announcements. Shame on NDSU, Gene and Craig for laying back.........I thought the motto was bring on the competition? SDSU spoiled NDSU's perfect season and now they are trying to make out like they can play even better competition. Spitting in our face? WTF?

SlickVic
12-06-2007, 06:47 AM
My dream game is Wisconsin or Iowa because we recruit those area's heavily and it would be an opportunity to make a big impression. Same with Illinois now that we're Gateway.

We don't recruit Nebraska a whole lot so I don't see the value. But it's going to give recruits an edge when they can say they will play the Cornhuskers.

Ohio State is the dream destintion. #1 in the country. Big payout. We recruit there.

a game at the shoe would dwarf playing at nebraska and illinois combined...illinois may be a nice little powerhouse by the time that game gets played...i wonder if pelleni will still be pacing the sidelines when sdsu comes to town? what are the odds on that? a game at iowa or at wisconsin is more high profile than playing the children of the corn...lincolns over rated...kinnick is killin not to mention madison my oh my...the horse shoe would be the biggest stage for the bison but a game at wisky or at iowa would be better than anything sdsus scheduled

SDbison
12-06-2007, 06:55 AM
a game at the shoe would dwarf playing at nebraska and illinois combined...illinois may be a nice little powerhouse by the time that game gets played...i wonder if pelleni will still be pacing the sidelines when sdsu comes to town? what are the odds on that? a game at iowa or at wisconsin is more high profile than playing the children of the corn...lincolns over rated...kinnick is killin not to mention madison my oh my...the horse shoe would be the biggest stage for the bison but a game at wisky or at iowa would be better than anything sdsus scheduled
I hope you are right Slick and there is an Ohio State and /or Wisconsin game is in the works. That would trump what SDSU has announced.

56BISON73
12-06-2007, 07:06 AM
So where has Gene Taylor been during the last year or two? The Minnesota games were set up almost two years ago. The 2009 Iowa State game was set up more than a year ago......after SDSU got the 2008 game. Most fans here on Bisonville are happy with the 2008 schedule with no FBS teams? Instead NDSU will be like Montana with 7 home games and 3 patsies. Can't have it both ways! I complained about a lack of keeping the momentum and need to schedule FBS foes...... many on this board gave me crap. Instead SDSU steals NDSU's thunder and makes the big schedule announcements. Shame on NDSU, Gene and Craig for laying back.........I thought the motto was bring on the competition? SDSU spoiled NDSU's perfect season and now they are trying to make out like they can play even better competition. Spitting in our face? WTF?

SD
Have you voiced your concerns to the appropriate people as in Gene Taylor? Plus nobody knows what going on behind the scenes as far as scheduling goes and to blame Taylor and Bohl without the facts is very premature.
But why you are taking EVERYTHING about SDSU so personal??? All they did was schedule a freaking football game. Geez. Plus Im trying to figure out what thunder SDSU stole that you are so concerned about??? PL

NDSUFan_Sav
12-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Yeah you think we were going to pass on Minnesota to play Nebraska? That would have been 3 BCS teams. The sad part, we could have beaten Nebraska this year. Top 10 team? :LOL Maybe in 4 years.

I think they meant top 10 Football program.

jimmyjack
12-06-2007, 12:25 PM

step it up bunny turds.

You're right. Acting like a 3-year-old by throwing a tantrum and calling somebody a sissy is the way to create a rivalry... in preschool.

Ohio State would be a great get for NDSU, and again... I'd be rooting for the Bison because my entire identity is not tied up in some elaborate fantasy of dominance related to my favorite football team.

Blue
12-06-2007, 01:02 PM
There seems to be a lot of animosity by both parties on this topic. Instead of everyone acting like classless, whining assholes; just say congrats and move on:ranting::hide:. It seems a bar would be a better place for this discussion of who's playing who in the future.

Just my take and my http://www.efuse.com/What_s_New/two-cents-worth2.jpg on the subject.

lakesbison
12-06-2007, 02:28 PM
THAT PENNY LOOKS BETTER THAN A GREY NICKEL... SO I HEREBY DEEM THIS RIVALRY A SUCCESS..

SO KEEP UP THE JEALOUSY SMACK PEOPLE!!!

sdbison is right, . . where is our FBS team? I highly doubt VOTERS or COMMITTEE's at the FCS level would care too much if we went into wisconsin or ohio state or penn state and lose by 20. we'd still get into the playoffs next year with a 8-4, 9-3 record playing our schedule with a BIG TIME FBS...

bisonmike2
12-06-2007, 02:51 PM
]So where has Gene Taylor been during the last year or two?[/B] The Minnesota games were set up almost two years ago. The 2009 Iowa State game was set up more than a year ago......after SDSU got the 2008 game. Most fans here on Bisonville are happy with the 2008 schedule with no FBS teams? Instead NDSU will be like Montana with 7 home games and 3 patsies. Can't have it both ways! I complained about a lack of keeping the momentum and need to schedule FBS foes...... many on this board gave me crap. Instead SDSU steals NDSU's thunder and makes the big schedule announcements. Shame on NDSU, Gene and Craig for laying back.........I thought the motto was bring on the competition? SDSU spoiled NDSU's perfect season and now they are trying to make out like they can play even better competition. Spitting in our face? WTF?

I think he's been setting us up for successful playoff runs. I don't think we are laying back, we're gearing up to win in our divsion. We are a FCS team and I think now that we are eligible for the playoffs he's going to concentrate on putting us in a position to be successfull in our own division. We've done the FBS thing, scheduling 4 in the last 2 years, getting the gaurantees to help out the budget. Gene's said before that he wants to reward the Bison fans for sticking it out through transistion and that's the reason why we are looking at 7 home games our first year in playoff eligibility. Will we become the next Montana, never leaving home except for conference away games? Maybe, but I doubt it. I thiknk we'll see Gene continue to schedule our non-conference games aggressively further out in the future. I'm expecting home/away deals with Poly and Davis. We'll have UND/USD availible and looking for games. We actually have a problem with not enough open spaces, having only 3 a year outside of our conference. As for SDSU I'm glad you guys are going to play some big FBS names. I look forward to seeing how they fare against the competition and I hope that later down the line we will schedule some big names like they have, instead of MAC schools and Big 10 bottom dwellers.

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Dude. Your football team hasn't won in Fargo since 1965 and we've split since during the transition. We've won 8 National Championships in football to your zero. We've gone 3-1 vs BCS teams. You haven't played one yet. You have never been ranked higher than us during the transition. We brought 7,000 fans to your house. There are not 7,000 tickets available for our house because we actually have season ticket holders who buy them before they go on sale. Your best in state recruit is Preston Evans and he's going to NDSU. You won a flukey game which you would have lost had we played it again. We sold out nearly every home game when they are on TV. Your 10 million dollar upgrade isn't much more than we spent on scoreboards and video screens at the dome.

And we've been the superior mens baskeball team too. What's the last time you beat 2 top 10 teams? Ever been top story on ESPN? Didn't think so.

Still think you've owned us? Didn't think so.

The only sports you have owned us in are girl sports but they don't count. Never cared about girls basketball. Mens BB and Football are kings.

Blah, blah, blah. I'm talking head to head.

Football SDSU 2 wins, NDSU 3 wins:
You're football team has won 1 game in Brookings since 1997 and the last win was in 1999. Not the kind of streak you want to be starting now is it? We know first hand. Remember, the first year of transition was out last year in the NCC. You won that game so you're actually one up on us in FB during the transtion. Oh, if the bison make the playoffs in the future they better hope they can play inside the Fabulous Fargo Dome (did the guys from Queer Eye For The Straight Guy coin that phrase for you) in November. We all know it's nearly impossible for you guys to win outdoors late in the year. And I thought we called the USD team "The Dome Babies." Maybe you guys can call them up and ask to borrow that nickname come next November;).

Men's Basketball SDSU 4 wins, NDSU 4 wins:
For as much as we've struggled during the transition you really haven't been all the "superior". That's an even split. You'll see a much different Jackrabbit basketball team this year. A much improved team with some size and athletes to boot.

Women's basketball SDSU 5 wins, NDSU 3 wins:
I know you don't care about women but some of us do. And our women's bball team has accomplished as much or more than any other team at either universities during the transition, imo. We hold a slight advantage here but have won the last four meetings by a combined total of 30,000 points. It's clear that we are getting better and better. This team is/was receiving top 25 votes.

Baseball SDSU 13 wins, NDSU 12 wins:
Again, we hold a slight advavtage during the transition. The last two years we are all even.

Volleyball SDSU 9 wins, NDSU 5 wins:
Ahh, another one of those pesky women's sports. We should really get rid of women's sports all together. Can anyone name which team was the first XDSU team to play in a NCAA post-season tournament? I can.

Just to cover the topic of facilities since a few of you love to bash on ours. We have a $10 million upgrade coming to CAS. A few years back we had $3 million upgrade to our scoreboards at CAS and Frost Arena. I think they look alright. Frost went under another $100,000 worth of upgrades to the floor and sound system this summer. We also have a brand new softball field on campus and a new baseball field that will be ready for the '08 season. It's a good day to be a bunny.

UTH
12-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Just to cover the topic of facilities since a few of you love to bash on ours. We have a $10 million upgrade coming to CAS. A few years back we had $3 million upgrade to our scoreboards at CAS and Frost Arena. I think they look alright. Frost went under another $100,000 worth of upgrades to the floor and sound system this summer. We also have a brand new softball field on campus and a new baseball field that will be ready for the '08 season. It's a good day to be a bunny.

I don't see any real domination one way or the other in head to head competition. You're bragging about being about as good as NDSU? Congratulations.

Concerning the 'upgrades': Horseshoe pits next to the north endzone might be an upgrade. Real outhouses might be an upgrade. Sufficient stands for Bison fans to stand and enjoy the game would definitely be an upgrade. I hope the first penny spent on 'upgrades' goes to the hazmat team charged with cleaning up all the paint chips. One Bisonville member started to feel sick the day of the game. It got serious. Coincidence? We'll see. What is the deal going to be with locker rooms? I hope they're saving money to keep dropping hay on the new locker room floors in years to come. You keep bragging about $10,000,000 worth in upgrades to the CAS. Just what exactly is that money supposed to do? How far do the bigwigs in Jackistan expect that money to go?

Trim
12-06-2007, 04:33 PM
What did they do to the floor at Frost?

bisonmike2
12-06-2007, 04:42 PM

You're football team has won 1 game in Brookings since 1997 and the last win was in 1999. Not the kind of streak you want to be starting now is it? We know first hand. Remember, the first year of transition was out last year in the NCC. You won that game so you're actually one up on us in FB during the transtion. Oh, if the bison make the playoffs in the future they better hope they can play inside the Fabulous Fargo Dome (did the guys from Queer Eye For The Straight Guy coin that phrase for you) in November. We all know it's nearly impossible for you guys to win outdoors late in the year. And I thought we called the USD team "The Dome Babies." Maybe you guys can call them up and ask to borrow that nickname come next November;).

For as much as we've struggled during the transition you really haven't been all the "superior". That's an even split. You'll see a much different Jackrabbit basketball team this year. A much improved team with some size and athletes to boot.

I know you don't care about women but some of us do. And our women's bball team has accomplished as much or more than any other team at either universities during the transition, imo. We hold a slight advantage here but have won the last four meetings by a combined total of 30,000 points. It's clear that we are getting better and better. This team is/was receiving top 25 votes.

Again, we hold a slight advavtage during the transition. The last two years we are all even.

Ahh, another one of those pesky women's sports. We should really get rid of women's sports all together. Can anyone name which team was the first XDSU team to play in a NCAA post-season tournament? I can.

Congrats on the last 5 years. You can actually compare to NDSU favorably. You still have a long way to go in order to match our history and tradition of excellence. And in a world were perception is everything, your still viewed as inferior to us despite virtually splitting the matchups since the transitions due to the fact that your football and basketball teams lack any big times signature victories. (i.e. 3 FBS wins, bb wins at marquette and wisconsin).

jackrabbit1979
12-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I hope the first penny spent on 'upgrades' goes to the hazmat team charged with cleaning up all the paint chips. One Bisonville member started to feel sick the day of the game. It got serious. Coincidence? We'll see.

You are connecting this to paint chips on our bleachers...are you serious. Were your fans licking the stands they were sitting in? I have sat in the visitor side bleachers for decades and am still kicking....Aren't we taking it a little far?

jackrabbit1979
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Your 10 million dollar upgrade isn't much more than we spent on scoreboards and video screens at the dome.

I hope you didn't spend 10 million on that setup, if you did you got screwed. Have you even seen what is in Coughlin and Frost for 3 million?

UTH
12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
You are connecting this to paint chips on our bleachers...are you serious. Were your fans licking the stands they were sitting in? I have sat in the visitor side bleachers for decades and am still kicking....Aren't we taking it a little far?

Link for reference (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11732). Ctrl F. "paint chips". You'll find it.

When there are clouds floating through the air, it's a good sign that there's a problem. Just because you're fine today, it doesn't mean that you won't suddenly drop over dead tomorrow from Chronic Paint Chip Inhalation Poisoning. I'm just watching out for you and your guests. Take care.

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Congrats on the last 5 years. You can actually compare to NDSU favorably. You still have a long way to go in order to match our history and tradition of excellence. And in a world were perception is everything, your still viewed as inferior to us despite virtually splitting the matchups since the transitions due to the fact that your football and basketball teams lack any big times signature victories. (i.e. 3 FBS wins, bb wins at marquette and wisconsin).

History and excellence is what? Football? WBB? I'll give you those. But recent history gives us WBB. MBB? Sorry, but our history is much more storied than yours.

Has it been mentioned that our FB coach is a finalist for Coach of the Year? www.coachoftheyear.com

Anyway, I'm tired of splitting hairs with you guys, I'm tired and in a bad mood. Maybe I should make a run to CAS and eat some paint chips and I'll feel better. Funny thing is, I've been sitting over there with 1979 and never once felt ill. Since we're talking about eating paint chips I'll end with a quote from Tommy Callahan:
"You better pray to the god of skinny punks that this wind doesn't pick up, 'cause I'll come over there and jam an oar up your ass." ;).

Bison Dan
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM

Did you forget some sports - track, softball, soccer? I wonder why?

aces1180
12-06-2007, 06:27 PM
History and excellence is what? Football? WBB? I'll give you those. But recent history gives us WBB. MBB? Sorry, but our history is much more storied than yours.

Has it been mentioned that our FB coach is a finalist for Coach of the Year? www.coachoftheyear.com

Anyway, I'm tired of splitting hairs with you guys, I'm tired and in a bad mood. Maybe I should make a run to CAS and eat some paint chips and I'll feel better. Funny thing is, I've been sitting over there with 1979 and never once felt ill. Since we're talking about eating paint chips I'll end with a quote from Tommy Callahan:
"You better pray to the god of skinny punks that this wind doesn't pick up, 'cause I'll come over there and jam an oar up your ass." ;).

Wow, those coach of the year finalists are real representatives of FCS football (sarcasm).....The coaches at the Citadel and Morehead St. are finalists...Are you kidding me?...At least Kill and Farley deserve to be in there...Stig may be a good coach, but he sure doesn't belong in the top 5...Neither do Ballard or Higgins...I declare this award a joke.

NorCalJack
12-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Your buddy wasn't feeling ill because of "paint chips". It was because the Jacks pwned the Bison that day.

Go Big!!
Go Blue!!

aces1180
12-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Your buddy wasn't feeling ill because of "paint chips". It was because the Jacks pwned the Bison that day.

Go Big!!
Go Blue!!

I wouldn't say owned...The jacks won by 5, not 30.

NDSUstudent
12-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Wow, those coach of the year finalists are real representatives of FCS football (sarcasm).....The coaches at the Citadel and Morehead St. are finalists...Are you kidding me?...At least Kill and Farley deserve to be in there...Stig may be a good coach, but he sure doesn't belong in the top 5...Neither do Ballard or Higgins...I declare this award a joke.

I agree, Stig is good coach and they had a nice season but 7-4 last year and 7-4 this year shouldn't equal national coach of the year in any way. Kill gets my vote, that guy has done some great things over at SIU.

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Did you forget some sports - track, softball, soccer? I wonder why?

Time. I need to work today. Maybe you can go ahead and figure up those head to heads for us.

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I agree, Stig is good coach and they had a nice season but 7-4 last year and 7-4 this year shouldn't equal national coach of the year in any way. Kill gets my vote, that guy has done some great things over at SIU.

This COY award isn't just wins and losses. It's much more than that and that is why Stig is a finalist.

NorCalJack
12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Well now that we are in the Summit League and GWFC lets see how the two schools stack up this year.

Women's Soccer
SDSU 3rd Place
NDSU 5th Place

Men's Cross Country
SDSU 4th Place
NDSU 7th Place

Women's Cross Country
SDSU 3rd Place
NDSU 5th Place

Women's Volleyball
SDSU 1st Place
NDSU 2nd Place (Tied w/IPFW)

Men's Football
SDSU 1st Place
NDSU 2nd Place

So far this year SDSU has finished ahead of NDSU in 5 events and NDSU had lead SDSU in zero events. I will let the record speak for itself.

Go Big, Go Blue!!!

Bison bison
12-06-2007, 08:13 PM
This COY award isn't just wins and losses. It's much more than that and that is why Stig is a finalist.

I don't see losing close games as merit for COY.

bisonmike2
12-06-2007, 08:31 PM

That's a joke. I can see him winning GWFC coach of the year but a 7-4 record gets you national coach of the year honors? Plus 14-8 over the last 2 years including a loss to a non-scollie D-3. Apparently they give you bonus points for winning your first conference championship in 40 + years.

bisonmike2
12-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Go Big!!
Go Blue!!

Yeah, 3 turnovers, a block punt, and a punt return and you guys win by 5 on your own turf. And you don't put it away until 1 min and a half to go and that's getting pwned? But hey, you won they game I guess that's all that matters.

aces1180
12-06-2007, 08:45 PM
What do you call a Jackrabbit with a football national championship ring?

A thief. ;)

NorCalJack
12-06-2007, 08:58 PM
What do you call a Jackrabbit with a football national championship ring?

A thief. ;)

I would call him Adam Vinatieri.

No wait, I would call him Adam Timmerman.

NO, how about Jim Langer.

Oh heck I can't make up my mind.

I know, how about you call them all Jackrabbits!!!:bow:

sambini
12-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Stacey Robinson and Tyronne Braxton added to the list also Coach Ron Erhardt..

aces1180
12-06-2007, 09:05 PM
I would call him Adam Vinatieri.

No wait, I would call him Adam Timmerman.

NO, how about Jim Langer.

Oh heck I can't make up my mind.

I know, how about you call them all Jackrabbits!!!:bow:

My bad, you caught me in a technicality because I wasn't specific.

Let me change that...NCAA Football Championship ring? ;)

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't see losing close games as merit for COY.

That's a joke. I can see him winning GWFC coach of the year but a 7-4 record gets you national coach of the year honors? Plus 14-8 over the last 2 years including a loss to a non-scollie D-3. Apparently they give you bonus points for winning your first conference championship in 40 + years.

Here's a little of the criteria for you from coachoftheyear.com:

The Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year

The Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year is awarded to the college football coach who best demonstrates responsibility, integrity, and excellence on and off the field. Team records, player statistics, and community involvement are just a few of the criteria reviewed during the selection process.

You can see that it has nothing to do with close losses or losing to a non-schollie team 2 years ago.

Bison bison
12-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Here's a little of the criteria for you from coachoftheyear.com:

The Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year

The Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year is awarded to the college football coach who best demonstrates responsibility, integrity, and excellence on and off the field. Team records, player statistics, and community involvement are just a few of the criteria reviewed during the selection process.

You can see that it has nothing to do with close losses or losing to a non-schollie team 2 years ago.

Mr. Burgundy
12-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Serious question....because I honestly do not know. Do Bison fans sit on the Jacks message board? Do they have a message board? If they are on it, do they argue non stop? It just looks like jealousy to me. Get over it, you beat us in football. You have the makings of a rivalry. Arguing who has a better trophy case, a better girls softball team....etc....It just gets old.

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Serious question....because I honestly do not know. Do Bison fans sit on the Jacks message board? Do they have a message board? If they are on it, do they argue non stop? It just looks like jealousy to me. Get over it, you beat us in football. You have the makings of a rivalry. Arguing who has a better trophy case, a better girls softball team....etc....It just gets old.

www.sdsufans.com

It's very active and, yes, Bison fans do post over there. Feel free to stop by.

SDbison
12-07-2007, 01:06 AM
SD
Have you voiced your concerns to the appropriate people as in Gene Taylor? Plus nobody knows what going on behind the scenes as far as scheduling goes and to blame Taylor and Bohl without the facts is very premature.
But why you are taking EVERYTHING about SDSU so personal??? All they did was schedule a freaking football game. Geez. Plus Im trying to figure out what thunder SDSU stole that you are so concerned about??? PL
Since you can't figure out the obvious for yourself 56, SDSU got the Nebraska game before NDSU. NDSU is the premiere FCS team in the Dakotas........SDSU has been a pretender. BTW, cut the attacks on my posts........many of yours are worthless too.......maybe I should start attacking every other post you make.

56BISON73
12-07-2007, 02:26 AM
Since you can't figure out the obvious for yourself 56, SDSU got the Nebraska game before NDSU. NDSU is the premiere FCS team in the Dakotas........SDSU has been a pretender. BTW, cut the attacks on my posts........many of yours are worthless too.......maybe I should start attacking every other post you make.

SD
Not attacking at all. I asked a simple question. If you arent capable of answering in a resonable manner I will assume that you are just on another one one of your rants.

Again---If you are so concerned about the schedule have you contacted the appropriate people???? If you havent --why not?????

As far as SDSU scheduling NE---So What???? Maybe we didnt have the same open dates. Maybe they didnt want to play us or hadnt even talked to us and we werent even being considered. There are numerous reasons. But I dont see what the big deal is.
Sit back. Think. You have NO reason to be pissed. PL

SDbison
12-07-2007, 03:57 PM
SD
Not attacking at all. I asked a simple question. If you arent capable of answering in a resonable manner I will assume that you are just on another one one of your rants.

Again---If you are so concerned about the schedule have you contacted the appropriate people???? If you havent --why not?????

As far as SDSU scheduling NE---So What???? Maybe we didnt have the same open dates. Maybe they didnt want to play us or hadnt even talked to us and we werent even being considered. There are numerous reasons. But I dont see what the big deal is.
Sit back. Think. You have NO reason to be pissed. PL

I still disagree with you 56. On the surface it appears NDSU is backing away from FBS games and I think it is a mistake. For some reason you think you know it all here. Just state your own opinion on the topic and stop trying to tell others how they should feel or what they should do.

56BISON73
12-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I still disagree with you 56. On the surface it appears NDSU is backing away from FBS games and I think it is a mistake. For some reason you think you know it all here. Just state your own opinion on the topic and stop trying to tell others how they should feel or what they should do.

Isnt your post hypocritical?????:confused: :D PL

TransAmBison
12-07-2007, 05:55 PM
I think we just need a good tailgate for you guys to eat, drink and bs this stuff over! For the record, I'm quite fine with not having a FBS team this year. We are on a title run and I don't want any distractions from that. I really think the Gophers game provided a distraction. We peaked, and then there were the injuries in the later part of the season...

I want a home playoff game!!!!!!!!!!!

tcbison
12-07-2007, 06:30 PM

I'll drink to that! :cheers: :bong: and eat :hungry: too! :nod:

aces1180
12-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I think we just need a good tailgate for you guys to eat, drink and bs this stuff over! For the record, I'm quite fine with not having a FBS team this year. We are on a title run and I don't want any distractions from that. I really think the Gophers game provided a distraction. We peaked, and then there were the injuries in the later part of the season...

Hear, hear!....Bring on the insanity of a -20 degree wind chill as I stuff my face full of ribs and beer in the west lot and warm up afterwards with a Bison playoff victory!

SDbison
12-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Isnt your post hypocritical?????:confused: :D PLSince you just can't figure it out 56 look at TransAm's post. He doesn't make personal comments in his post......just his points of view. You started it and nearly every time you quote me you make personal comments. Lighten up or I will start making some generalizations about what I think of you.

56BISON73
12-07-2007, 07:38 PM
SD

SD
This is my original response to you. How you took this post to be an attack on you I dont know. But please point it out to me and I will then apologize. PL

lakesbison
12-07-2007, 08:52 PM
its always an attack..

BACK TO THE SMACK..

SDSU... u STINK!!!

JackJD
12-08-2007, 02:30 AM
And Lakes, you're freakin' nuts.

sambini
12-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Whats the line on the game. Huskers will roll with BO +++