PDA

View Full Version : Changes?

DIBISON
12-05-2007, 12:53 AM
As reported on TV6 sports tonight, the Coach is considering changes to the starting lineup and bench rotation. No more specifics were provided.

BisBison
12-05-2007, 12:57 AM
As reported on TV6 sports tonight, the Coach is considering changes to the starting lineup and bench rotation. No more specifics were provided.

Change to the starting lineup? Nobody scores but the top three, it doesn't appear to matter who else is in. Someone else simply needs to step up.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mr. Burgundy
12-05-2007, 12:57 AM
I am betting they move Tweidt to the bench, to provide some one who can score off the bench, and go with Sam and Luke starting. Or, I think he will insert Sam and bench Luke.

Against some smaller teams, I would like to see Woodie, Nellie, Freddie (athletic enough to play the 3), Winks, and Sam. That would be an offense that could score. Obviously we are small, but Freddie and Winks can play big.

NDSUstudent
12-05-2007, 01:10 AM
I am betting they move Tweidt to the bench, to provide some one who can score off the bench, and go with Sam and Luke starting. Or, I think he will insert Sam and bench Luke.

Against some smaller teams, I would like to see Woodie, Nellie, Freddie (athletic enough to play the 3), Winks, and Sam. That would be an offense that could score. Obviously we are small, but Freddie and Winks can play big.

I like the idea of Winks at the 4, but Sam and Luke both starting not so much.

99Bison
12-05-2007, 01:28 AM
I believe the potential changes have to do with fire and desire more than strategy.

From a strategy stand point Tweidt definately does not play as a 4. And tends to get schooled continuously on D regardless of who he's defending.

Luke really needs to show up and provide something, anything. Tweidt similarly needs to step up all around. He scores a little bit occasionally during an on night, but that really isn't going to cut it. Especially as a liability on D. Sam could also step it up and at least show some more promise like last year.

Boy
12-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Anybody know what Joe Regnier and Dan Wilberschied or Lance Berwald are doing these days? Maybe they want to show Moorman and Sussenguth how to muscle up and play the post? LOL.

I didn't mean that to be mean, just that these guys are getting killed in the paint.

lakesbison
12-05-2007, 06:25 PM
ok.. gotta move WOODY to #2 and make him into the ADAM MORRISON (gonzaga) of this team.

force Josh Vaughn & Mike Nelson to help bring up the ball and set up the offense.

You get Woody and Winks setting pick and rolls for each other and just attack with them 2 every possession.

Kick it out to Nelson or Vaughn for 3 pointers and just HOPE to out gun other teams, cuz they are gonna crush us down low no matter what.

bisonhusker
12-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Your new starting lineup: Woody, Nellie, Pennick, Winks, Luke. Go ahead, rip me for it, but when it happens, make sure to give me some extra points..."Rube Cred."

lakesbison
12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
husker so your just subbing in pennick for my vaughn, correct??

so you and I ARE on the same page here.

Woody has to be #2 and start shooting more, in that minnesota game, he kept trying to get others involved WAY too much instead of driving to the hoop or shooting.. in my opinion.

BisonBlogger
12-05-2007, 07:20 PM
There is nothing wrong with the offense a few stops on defense wouldn't fix. Give Saul credit for trying zone on occasion against Minnesota because this Bison team will struggle with man against quick long athletic teams.

My advice would be to change defenses often with many different looks. Even during possessions. Make the other team think about how they need to set-up to attack the defense the Bison are in. This tactic many times is the great equalizer against superior teams.

The 1-3-1 is a great defense to run on a few possessions to slow a good offensive team down. About the time they figure out how to attack it, you go to a 2-1-2 and trap the wings or trap the point at the time line. I think this Bison team will need to try these tactics when they face teams that they have trouble defending with the man.

Like I said, stops on the defense end that will allow us more possessions will most games give us enough points to win.

missingnumber7
12-05-2007, 07:35 PM
husker so your just subbing in pennick for my vaughn, correct??

so you and I ARE on the same page here.

Woody has to be #2 and start shooting more, in that minnesota game, he kept trying to get others involved WAY too much instead of driving to the hoop or shooting.. in my opinion.

Its not as much a shooting more as a taking the pressure off of him distributing the ball, plus having a 2 guard that can be the point in a pinch or rather having 2 points on the floor works in the offense that they want to run.

bisonhusker
12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Woody will remain the point guard. You want the ball in your playmakers hands. They are going to run and play small ball.

SirHinn
12-05-2007, 08:29 PM
ok.. gotta move WOODY to #2 and make him into the ADAM MORRISON (gonzaga) of this team.

force Josh Vaughn & Mike Nelson to help bring up the ball and set up the offense.

You get Woody and Winks setting pick and rolls for each other and just attack with them 2 every possession.

Kick it out to Nelson or Vaughn for 3 pointers and just HOPE to out gun other teams, cuz they are gonna crush us down low no matter what.

Anytime someone talks about getting more PT or for Josh Vaughn to try and play point, I would have to say they are absolutely crazy. If anything, try Winks at the 4 and try to get some athleticism on the court. Bisonhusker said it best with Woody being your playmaker and you have to keep the ball in his hands as much as possible.

lakesbison
12-05-2007, 08:36 PM
HEY IM DESPERATE!!! i witnessed that embarassment.

TheBisonator
12-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I would put Pennick in the starting 5. I think he would at least do better than Vaughan right now. He's the most improved player from last year that I've seen so far. He doesn't look as nervous. He looks more confident. He still needs to work on his inside shot, though.

99Bison
12-06-2007, 02:35 AM
There is nothing wrong with the offense a few stops on defense wouldn't fix. Give Saul credit for trying zone on occasion against Minnesota because this Bison team will struggle with man against quick long athletic teams.

My advice would be to change defenses often with many different looks. Even during possessions. Make the other team think about how they need to set-up to attack the defense the Bison are in. This tactic many times is the great equalizer against superior teams.

The 1-3-1 is a great defense to run on a few possessions to slow a good offensive team down. About the time they figure out how to attack it, you go to a 2-1-2 and trap the wings or trap the point at the time line. I think this Bison team will need to try these tactics when they face teams that they have trouble defending with the man.

Like I said, stops on the defense end that will allow us more possessions will most games give us enough points to win.

Bison started in a Zone at MN and did well. When switched out of it is when they made the first run. Then we switched back eventually and were missing inside coverage badly.

99Bison
12-06-2007, 02:36 AM
I would like to see the guys have some fun out there and not be worried about X & O... However that is a fine line.

BisonBlogger
12-06-2007, 02:47 AM
That's the beauty of basketball. A simple but yet very complex game at this level.

When teams make what they do look effortless and are successful and win is the only way to have fun. This years team has a way to go.

Remember, we are playing to reach the finals of the conference tournament for 2008-2009. We have 50 some games to get to that "effortless" level.

SirHinn
12-11-2007, 06:19 PM
HEY IM DESPERATE!!! i witnessed that embarassment.

You heard it from Timmy himself, Woody can get his shot off from pretty much anywhere.

TheDoctor
12-11-2007, 07:22 PM
You heard it from Timmy himself, Woody can get his shot off from pretty much anywhere.

He did just say that! ;)

bisonhusker
12-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Lakes is on the radio more than Dan Hammer.

d3boys
12-11-2007, 10:06 PM
not many better than miles on a radio interview, very classy and witty