PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Openings

Bison101
12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
I just looked on Gobison.com, and I saw that our schedule had been filled EXCEPT for three days. September 13, September 27, and November 8. I'm going to look around on possible opponents' websites. Any ideas on possible teams?

BisonNeil
12-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I just looked on Gobison.com, and I saw that our schedule had been filled EXCEPT for three days. September 13, September 27, and November 8. I'm going to look around on possible opponents' websites. Any ideas on possible teams?

I don't know if you can consider the schedule "filled" with only 9 games set up.

With the wonders of a leap year, FBS teams are allowed to schedule 12 games next year, therefore, the Aug 28-30 timeframe is also an "open" date in addition to the three you list.

Bisonguy
12-02-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't know if you can consider the schedule "filled" with only 9 games set up.

With the wonders of a leap year, FBS teams are allowed to schedule 12 games next year, therefore, the Aug 28-30 timeframe is also an "open" date in addition to the three you list.

The twelve allowed games for FCS next year has nothing to do with a leap year. It's because there are 14 Saturdays from the first permissible playing date(Thursday preceding Labor Day) through the last playing date in November (includes 2008, 2013, 2014 and 2019).:nod:

SloStang
12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
A poster on the Cal Poly Report had Cal Poly traveling to Fargo next year. Has anyone heard anything about a game with Cal Poly next season?

Go_Herd
12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
A poster on the Cal Poly Report had Cal Poly traveling to Fargo next year. Has anyone heard anything about a game with Cal Poly next season?

No, but that would be awesome--we need to keep the games going with the fine people from SLO

SloStang
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
If what was reported is true, Cal Poly's schedule looks to be a fairly tough one.

Home:

UC Davis
Southern Utah
Montana
University of North Dakota
Idaho State
University of South Dakota

Away:

South Dakota State
San Diego State
North Dakota State
McNeese State

Still looking for two games.

Tatanka
12-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Holy crap what a schedule. How the hell did you get Montana to travel??? OTOH, I'll file that under "believe it when I see it", and so should you.

SloStang
12-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Holy crap what a schedule. How the hell did you get Montana to travel??? OTOH, I'll file that under "believe it when I see it", and so should you.

It is a five game contract. 3 games in Missoula and 2 games in San Luis Obispo with the first starting next year in San Luis Obispo on Sept. 6th. This is shaping up to be the best ever schedule for Cal Poly.

lakesbison
12-03-2007, 12:34 AM
NDSU NEEDS A FBS!!!

cmon taylor!!! look how well we would travel to NEVADA, UNLV, NEW MEXICO or NORTHWESTERN or somewhere cool!!

Gully
12-03-2007, 12:39 AM
NDSU NEEDS A FBS!!!

cmon taylor!!! look how well we would travel to NEVADA, UNLV, NEW MEXICO or NORTHWESTERN or somewhere cool!!

How about Rutgers....on a Thursday night?

Tatanka
12-03-2007, 12:50 AM
It is a five game contract. 3 games in Missoula and 2 games in San Luis Obispo with the first starting next year in San Luis Obispo on Sept. 6th. This is shaping up to be the best ever schedule for Cal Poly.
Well done, then!!! Don't know exactly how you did it, but you definitely hit the home run on this one!!!

Now all you have to do is hand them 5 losses!!!

bisonmike2
12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
If what was reported is true, Cal Poly's schedule looks to be a fairly tough one.

Home:

UC Davis
Southern Utah
Montana
University of North Dakota
Idaho State
University of South Dakota

Away:

South Dakota State
San Diego State
North Dakota State
McNeese State

Still looking for two games.

You guys are traveling to SDSU and NDSU? Is this official yet?

SloStang
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM
You guys are traveling to SDSU and NDSU? Is this official yet?

SDSU is official, NDSU is not. I have heard about the NDSU game from a couple of different people who "should be" in the know, but it is not official.

tcbison
12-03-2007, 07:00 PM
SDSU is official, NDSU is not. I have heard about the NDSU game from a couple of different people who "should be" in the know, but it is not official.

I hope your people in the know are correct. Cal Poly would be a great game to have on the schedule.

Oh, and if Montana goes to Cal Poly next year, I will be cheering for a big Mustangs victory. :nod:

bisonmike2
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
I hope your people in the know are correct. Cal Poly would be a great game to have on the schedule.

Oh, and if Montana goes to Cal Poly next year, I will be cheering for a big Mustangs victory. :nod:

Montana traveling for non-conference games is a myth. It's like bigfoot or the loch ness monster. The evidence of this actually happening is weak an is based on heresay and rumors.

KC Bison
12-05-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm curous what you meant -- a 5 game series with the first next fall at SLO. Does that mean it is the first of the 5 games or it is the first at SLO?? If so, beware of the ol' Montana buyout routine. They can't handle anymore than 2-3 away games per year (all conference games).

tjbison
12-05-2007, 10:01 PM
I hope it works out for Poly, can't wait to see the Stangs take down the Mighty Griz (if they come out of the refuge)! As for our Schedule any news about a FBS team???

SloStang
12-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm curous what you meant -- a 5 game series with the first next fall at SLO. Does that mean it is the first of the 5 games or it is the first at SLO?? If so, beware of the ol' Montana buyout routine. They can't handle anymore than 2-3 away games per year (all conference games).

The contract is for five games. Two of the games will be at Cal Poly and three games will be at Montana. The first of the five games will be next year at Cal Poly September 6th. I not sure of the next four games. My guess is the 2008 and 2011 games will be at Cal Poly and 2009, 2010 and 2012 games will be at Montana.

SloStang
12-06-2007, 04:55 AM
It is official. Cal Poly and Montana sign five game deal.

Link: http://www.grizzoulian.com/2007/12/articles/football/montana-grizzlies-to-play-five-year-series-with-cal-poly/

Jdubs21
12-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Dont say official yet....cuz we were supposedly official with Montana st. werent we and that changed a month b4 the season

missingnumber7
12-06-2007, 07:31 AM
The buy out was because Texas A&M came offering, wouldn't you take that bait too...a 350,000 payout I'd take that over comeing to the FFD too.

Just a side note on checking out the grizzoulian, grizz are adding 2000 seats...check out the drawing.

tcbison
12-06-2007, 02:05 PM
The buy out was because Texas A&M came offering, wouldn't you take that bait too...a 350,000 payout I'd take that over comeing to the FFD too.

Just a side note on checking out the grizzoulian, grizz are adding 2000 seats...check out the drawing.

I thought the buyout was because they wanted a home game against a DII opponent instead of traveling to Fargo...

So Texas A&M just called Montana State out of the blue to schedule a game? Maybe they should have called NDSU instead? I bet that Montana State was contacting Texas A&M not the other way around.

X-Factor
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I believe MSU played Dixie State on the same date they were scheduled to travel to Fargo. The A&M game caused this whole scenario however. If MSU had any cahoonas they would have just moved the game to a different year....like 2008. 12 games on the schedule, no reason why you cant travel to NDSU.

tcbison
12-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I believe MSU played Dixie State on the same date they were scheduled to travel to Fargo. The A&M game caused this whole scenario however. If MSU had any cahoonas they would have just moved the game to a different year....like 2008. 12 games on the schedule, no reason why you cant travel to NDSU.

Rep points to you!

Bisonguy
12-06-2007, 04:08 PM

FWIW- The Dixie State game was scheduled MONTHS before the Texas A&M contract was signed.

Montana State double-booked the date at the beginning of the summer, and then went shopping for a FBS oppponent, which ended up being Texas A&M. The A&M game did not cause Montana State to back out.

imabison
12-06-2007, 06:09 PM
FWIW- The Dixie State game was scheduled MONTHS before the Texas A&M contract was signed.

Montana State double-booked the date at the beginning of the summer, and then went shopping for a FBS oppponent, which ended up being Texas A&M. The A&M game did not cause Montana State to back out.
I believe I have heard Gene Taylor comment that the MSU game is still a possiblity in the next year or 2, but yes MSU keeps changing it around.

Chicken S&*Ts.

ndsubison1
12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I believe I have heard Gene Taylor comment that the MSU game is still a possiblity in the next year or 2, but yes MSU keeps changing it around.

Chicken S&*Ts.

They're scared of us and the Fargo Dome.

KC Bison
12-07-2007, 04:08 PM
The contract is for five games. Two of the games will be at Cal Poly and three games will be at Montana. The first of the five games will be next year at Cal Poly September 6th. I not sure of the next four games. My guess is the 2008 and 2011 games will be at Cal Poly and 2009, 2010 and 2012 games will be at Montana.

Be sure that there are mostly Montana home games at the end of the contract or it will be a buyout for sure. It would be funny for Cal Poly to get in a couple of home games and then walk away from the rest of the contract w/Montana. Montana deserves it to happen to them.

extremerouge
12-07-2007, 04:18 PM
yeah that would be funny, unfortunately poly doesn't have the luxury of being able to do that being that it is so hard to schedule so many games...

Tatanka
12-08-2007, 03:43 PM
yes, and Cal Poly's administration would never stoop to that level.

Bisonguy
12-08-2007, 03:54 PM
yeah that would be funny, unfortunately poly doesn't have the luxury of being able to do that being that it is so hard to schedule so many games...

I would imagine that if Cal-Poly asked, a few other FCS schools would chip in to a Montana buyout fund. :nod: :D

JackJD
12-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I'd chip in to that fund. Montana did it (cancelled) to SDSU too. (Had to pay $50,000 to get out of that one.)

It is understandable when a team cancels one opponent for an opportunity to score a big payday with a BCS team. BUT, the Montana schools appear to do that more than other schools (anyone hear such complaints about other schools?) and the reason is related to scheduling another home game which is the best way to earn profits. It appears to be a scheduling PRACTICE with the Montana schools -- they schedule one school and then go looking for another.

But I think the Montana schools are seeing the downside: their schedules are weaker due to their desire for more home games. When they get in a real test, they aren't battle hardened. Their fans are starting to recognize this problem -- at least some acknolwedge this problem on the message board.

There's no question in my mind both Montana schools will not play in the Fargo Dome. They don't want to lose and they're convinced the odds would be strongly against them.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-08-2007, 05:14 PM
There's no question in my mind both Montana schools will not play in the Fargo Dome. They don't want to lose and they're convinced the odds would be strongly against them.

EXACTLY!!!! wish they'd man up and realize they aren't as good as their record is :)

7-4 jackrabbits are better then the montana schools and NDSU is sure as hell way better!!! GO BISON!