PDA

View Full Version : Bohl Speculation

ndsubison1
11-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Reports say Houston Nutt is out as coach of Arkansas, would Arky consider looking at Bohl at all?

CaBisonFan
11-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Reports say Houston Nutt is out as coach of Arkansas, would Arky consider looking at Bohl at all?

I think that he'll be on almost anyone's list as a potential candidate. Would they hire him? I think that it depends upon whether they want someone that's been a head coach in DI, a highly successful coordinator (lately) at a great DI program, or a highly successful coach at any level.

Most programs would love to have a coach (coordinator) with a magic touch...something that's rubbed off from being around one of the elite programs...like a Florida, Ohio State, USC, etc.

That...to me...is the #1 question in almost any hiring process.

Gully
11-26-2007, 07:50 PM
A Razorback insider told me that Coach Bohl was spotted in an Arkansas Waffle House this morning!

UTH
11-26-2007, 08:16 PM
A Razorback insider told me that Coach Bohl was spotted in an Arkansas Waffle House this morning!

Was he dressed like this?
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/fat-elvis.jpg

*these tales are getting better and more entertaining every day.

Notorious
11-26-2007, 08:20 PM
All right, someone list all the vacancies, and which jobs Bohl would actually consider and may be a candidate.

Will there be a domino effect that will open a job he wants?

OldBison
11-26-2007, 08:24 PM

Houston Nutt came from Murray State, a DIAA program, and one that became moderately successful with Nutt as coach, so I don't think Bohl's lack of DIA head coaching experience will bother Frank Broyles, the AD and former head coach.

Based on Sporting News, Nutt was fired about an hour ago from my writing this.

56BISON73
11-26-2007, 08:25 PM

How could that be possible as he had breakfast at a friend of mines wifes second cousins sister in laws place not more than 2 1/2 miles from the nearest turn off going towards cooncreek. PL

IL_Bison
11-26-2007, 08:25 PM
All right, someone list all the vacancies, and which jobs Bohl would actually consider and may be a candidate.

Will there be a domino effect that will open a job he wants?

Check out this site:

www.coacheshotseat.com

Bison101
11-26-2007, 09:31 PM
That website was interesting. I think the jobs Bohl might look at would be LA Lafayette, UTEP, Fla Intl, Kent State, and San Diego State. I just pray that he'll turn down any offers. Although, it sounds like he'll stay because he's very confident about next year.

Ricky Bobby
11-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Arkansas
Baylor
Colorado State
Duke
Georgia Tech
Michigan
Mississippi
Nebraska
SMU
Texas A&M
Washington State

Bison101
11-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Was that breakfast rumor true? Hmmmmm. If it is, then I don't like the looks of things.

Bison bison
11-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Coach Bohl was spotted at 4 pm in Ann Arbor eating a Coney Dog and lemon soup.

SlickVic
11-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Houston Nutt came from Murray State, a DIAA program, and one that became moderately successful with Nutt as coach, so I don't think Bohl's lack of DIA head coaching experience will bother Frank Broyles, the AD and former head coach.

thought that broyles got "booted" a yr or so ago...i may be wrong but doubt it

56BISON73
11-26-2007, 09:47 PM
thought that broyles got "booted" a yr or so ago...i may be wrong but doubt it
Hes the AD until after Jan 1st. PL

X-Factor
11-26-2007, 09:53 PM
hhhhaaaaaaa.....not another one of these threads.....

Ricky Bobby
11-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Coincidently, the new AD at Arkansas starting in January of 2008 is Jeff Long from University of Pittsburgh. He is nearly the same age as Coach Bohl. And he just so happened to be a football coach at both Duke and Rice. Coach Bohl was at Duke in 1994 and Rice from 1989-1993. I wonder if their paths crossed????

SlickVic
11-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Coincidently, the new AD at Arkansas starting in January of 2008 is Jeff Long from University of Pittsburgh. He is nearly the same age as Coach Bohl. And he just so happened to be a football coach at both Duke and Rice. Coach Bohl was at Duke in 1994 and Rice from 1989-1993. I wonder if their paths crossed????

huh interesting...

Shawn-O
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM

Where do you guys get these "Nutt-y" ideas? :D

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161479&postcount=18

Thunder_Struck
11-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Texas A&M Filled - Sherman

gt_bison
11-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Coach Bohl has now been mentioned (http://www.wral.com/sports/story/2088925) as a candidate for the vacancy at Duke, since he was defensive coordinator there in 1994. This is actually one of the more intriguing positions I've seen him mentioned for. It's the big name conference that we all suspect he'll be looking for a job in, and Coach K has recently said that Duke needs a bigger commitment to football (http://www.wral.com/sports/story/2085116), so Duke might just be interested in becoming competitive again.

As it became clearer and clearer that Chan Gailey would face his demise here at Georgia Tech after this season, I had to exercise remarkable self-restraint not to contact the AD (with whom I've had considerable interaction) and drop Craig Bohl's name. I'd love to see what he could do down here in the ACC and fix GT football, but first I want some more National Championships for the Bison, and I want him to get that done!

SlickVic
11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Coach Bohl has now been mentioned (http://www.wral.com/sports/story/2088925) as a candidate for the vacancy at Duke, since he was defensive coordinator there in 1994. This is actually one of the more intriguing positions I've seen him mentioned for. It's the big name conference that we all suspect he'll be looking for a job in, and Coach K has recently said that Duke needs a bigger commitment to football (http://www.wral.com/sports/story/2085116), so Duke might just be interested in becoming competitive again.

As it became clearer and clearer that Chan Gailey would face his demise here at Georgia Tech after this season, I had to exercise remarkable self-restraint not to contact the AD (with whom I've had considerable interaction) and drop Craig Bohl's name. I'd love to see what he could do down here in the ACC and fix GT football, but first I want some more National Championships for the Bison, and I want him to get that done!

yeah how much do you miss george o'leary?used to just love the ramblin reck when he was at the helm

IL_Bison
11-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Where do you guys get these "Nutt-y" ideas? :D

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161479&postcount=18

Good call Shawn-O

I suspect Bohl's resume isn't good enough for Arkansas...yet. I suspect they will be looking for a bigger name to build on the recent success they've had. Fast-forward to 2010 and I think Bohl would make their list.

Shawn-O
11-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Good call Shawn-O

I suspect Bohl's resume isn't good enough for Arkansas...yet. I suspect they will be looking for a bigger name to build on the recent success they've had. Fast-forward to 2010 and I think Bohl would make their list.

Agreed, it's a long shot. Gotta believe that Bohl and Jeff Long probably know each other.

gt_bison
11-27-2007, 12:39 AM
yeah how much do you miss george o'leary?used to just love the ramblin reck when he was at the helm

His teams' performance on the field is missed, but resumegate (sure, it happened at Notre Dame, but it left egg all over Tech's face) and the ineligible players that were playing during his era and resulted in a probation that we're just now finishing were a significant downside. That being said, his name keeps coming up as a potential replacement (at least from the fan perspective). With the $4 million buyout to fire Chan and a rumored $5 million buyout to take O'Leary from UCF, that's a long shot (although apparently we never got the money owed for his early termination of his previous contract here). Chris Hatcher at Georgia Southern keeps coming up as a candidate, and it's crazy how often people say "he has no D-I experience". I couldn't keep up with pointing out to them that he's at a D-I institution right now even if I wanted to try. The unfortunate thing is that I don't think Duke fans will have standards and expectations that high. Of course, I don't know that Coach Bohl would really want to be in the southeast. It's a great football reason, but as a native Midwesterner, I can't wait to get out.

DIBISON
11-27-2007, 12:56 AM
WDAY TV reported tonight that Gene Taylor has not been contacted by any schools requesting permission to speak to Coach Bohl.

NDSU1980
11-27-2007, 12:59 AM
You know, it's to the point already that I am so sick of these garbage, speculative threads popping up, I don't even open most of them. Maybe we should just run Craig Bohl out of town, then we wouldn't have to speculate any more? Come on guys, let's not worry about it, since there is nothing we can do about it anyway. Plus, GT will certainly find a more then suitable replacement if he does leave. Let's drop it, OK?

gt_bison
11-27-2007, 01:12 AM
You know, it's to the point already that I am so sick of these garbage, speculative threads popping up, I don't even open most of them. Maybe we should just run Craig Bohl out of town, then we wouldn't have to speculate any more? Come on guys, let's not worry about it, since there is nothing we can do about it anyway. Plus, GT will certainly find a more then suitable replacement if he does leave. Let's drop it, OK?

Oh, Bohl to Tech is just one crazy Bison and Yellow Jacket fan's worst nightmare/pipe dream. He's nowhere on anyone's radar here. It came up in the context of an actual North Carolina media mention relative to Duke, where he has at least a bit of history. With the coaching carousel just warming up, however, we could have 10,000 threads about coaching vacancies before anything real is known about Bohl's future at NDSU. Of course, try being at a school that's spent the past month anticipating the coach's termination and now that he's been terminated all of the bulletin boards (there are three: one was decidedly pro-Chan, one would tolerate both sides, and one that was decidedly anti-Chan) are buzzing with coach rumors. At least the buzz should die down for Tech within two weeks, as there should be a hire by then. In the Bison universe, it might be mid-January until we can rest easy.

BisonFB
11-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Arkansas=Possible
Baylor=Waco, Texas-need I say more
Colorado State=Great program-best possibility
Duke=Basketball school-NOT any football coach's dream!
Georgia Tech=too big of a step-up
Michigan=Never gonna happen-wouldn't even consider Bohl
Mississippi=Never gonna happen-Bohl wouldn't want it
Nebraska=Possible, not likely
SMU=Bohl wouldn't want it.
Texas A&M=Already filled-Mike Sherman
Washington State=Possible

admin
11-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Rather than having a new thread start up each time somebody hears about a coaching vacancy, I figure one thread is more than enough. All new threads that fit that profile will end up here. I should have done this last year - not going to make that mistake again.

I'd be tempted to merge all the threads extrapolating the effect of Bohl leaving on the recruiting, attendance, global warming, gas prices, etc into this one too, but maybe those deserve a thread of their own.

56BISON73
11-27-2007, 02:32 AM
I dont know why many think Bohl is a candidate for a job that becomes open. he left NE under not so good circumstances. I dont think he has enough history as a head coach. Give it a couple more years to see how he does in a real conference now that we have transitioned. PL

Leonardite
11-27-2007, 04:36 AM

Nutt had a brief stop at Boise State between the Arkansas and Murray State gigs.

SlickVic
11-27-2007, 05:37 AM
Nutt had a brief stop at Boise State between the Arkansas and Murray State gigs.

thought he was head coach at houston before ar kansas...i may be wrong but i doubt it

HerdBot
11-27-2007, 05:41 AM

The fact that he got fired and WAS a 1-AA coach at Murray State is more reason think they won't go the D1-AA route again.

56BISON73
11-27-2007, 05:46 AM
The fact that he got fired and WAS a 1-AA coach at Murray State is more reason think they won't go the D1-AA route again.

Nutt didnt get fired. Plus Nutt took a program that was in the pits and made them way better. PL

56BISON73
11-27-2007, 05:54 AM
thought he was head coach at houston before ar kansas...i may be wrong but i doubt it

Slick you need to give up that tag line.:D Especially if you keep being wrong.:D PL

Shawn-O
11-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Nutt didnt get fired. Plus Nutt took a program that was in the pits and made them way better. PL

He is gone because of the 2,000 text messages to her, plain and simple.

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/bragg0418.jpg

bisonhusker
11-27-2007, 01:24 PM
From a very good source, Nebraska will name Bo Pelini as the next head coach. They potentially may wait to announce it until after the SEC Championship game (per Bo's request), and are going to meet with Brian Kelly this morning at Cincy. But, all indications are that Bo is getting the job, and he will be naming his coaching staff.

BisManBison
11-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Ole Miss hired Arkansas' former coach Houston Nutt. Not that I was worried about Bohl going there, but one less opening to worry about.

SirHinn
11-27-2007, 03:00 PM
From a very good source, Nebraska will name Bo Pelini as the next head coach. They potentially may wait to announce it until after the SEC Championship game (per Bo's request), and are going to meet with Brian Kelly this morning at Cincy. But, all indications are that Bo is getting the job, and he will be naming his coaching staff.

Awesome hire if that's the case.

NDSUFREAK
11-27-2007, 03:54 PM
a couple more down....

tony
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Made this sticky so it's easier to find all the speculation and rumor about Bohl's future at NDSU.

bisonmike2
11-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Reports out of Fargo this morning are that Bohl woke up and took a piss! Stay tuned for further updates...

Montana Bison
11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
He ain't going no where, you heard it here first!!!

Mr_Meanor
11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
I have no idea who is looking at Bohl or what he would look for in a program if he were to leave. However, I think the Duke job would be a great situation for him. He would get to go to a power conference. There would not be alot of pressure on him down there since Duke is a basketball school. He would be in the south with alot of good football recruits. Looking at all of the openings I think Duke would be a perfect stepping stone to get him into one of the top programs in the country. I hope he sticks around for awhile but I think Duke is the kind of school he would be looking for.

SlickVic
11-27-2007, 04:59 PM

not that i believe you but that would be a horrible hire

NDSUstudent
11-27-2007, 05:02 PM
I have no idea who is looking at Bohl or what he would look for in a program if he were to leave. However, I think the Duke job would be a great situation for him. He would get to go to a power conference. There would not be alot of pressure on him down there since Duke is a basketball school. He would be in the south with alot of good football recruits. Looking at all of the openings I think Duke would be a perfect stepping stone to get him into one of the top programs in the country. I hope he sticks around for awhile but I think Duke is the kind of school he would be looking for.

I wouldn't call it perfect, it has potential but winning won't ever be easy at Duke.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Arkansas=Possible
Baylor=Waco, Texas-need I say more
Colorado State=Great program-best possibility
Duke=Basketball school-NOT any football coach's dream!
Georgia Tech=too big of a step-up
Michigan=Never gonna happen-wouldn't even consider Bohl
Mississippi=Already filled- Houston Nutt
Nebraska=Possible, not likely
SMU=Bohl wouldn't want it.
Texas A&M=Already filled-Mike Sherman
Washington State=Possible
Souther Miss-
Northern Illinois-

SirHinn
11-27-2007, 06:43 PM
not that i believe you but that would be a horrible hire

This coming from the same guy who said the MSUM Dragons were a good basketball team, ha! Bo would be an awesome hire!

SlickVic
11-27-2007, 07:14 PM
This coming from the same guy who said the MSUM Dragons were a good basketball team, ha! Bo would be an awesome hire!

what would be so awesome about it? the guy looks like a fool...and ya the msum dragons are a good basketball team...burgess is big time jamall o neal is just a freak and strouth is slick from 3...got that big #35 in the post...there a fun team to whatch ill be hittin up nemzick a lot this year

bisonhusker
11-27-2007, 07:49 PM
he looks like a fool? Come on Slick, you are better than that....or is it "betta dan dat?" Pelini was the DC at Nebraska, the fans loved him, he is intense and wasn't given a fair shake at the head job when they gave it to Billy C....who was too smug for smalltown Lincoln. Pelini has recruiting ties now down near LSU, and will probably bring their O-Line coach up to Lincoln with him, potentially as the OC. Who knows. But, I guess MSU-M hoops is awesome and Bo Pelini just a poor hire.

SlickVic
11-27-2007, 08:04 PM
he looks like a fool? Come on Slick, you are better than that....or is it "betta dan dat?" Pelini was the DC at Nebraska, the fans loved him, he is intense and wasn't given a fair shake at the head job when they gave it to Billy C....who was too smug for smalltown Lincoln. Pelini has recruiting ties now down near LSU, and will probably bring their O-Line coach up to Lincoln with him, potentially as the OC. Who knows. But, I guess MSU-M hoops is awesome and Bo Pelini just a poor hire.

he really does look like a fool i wouldnt like starring at him pacing the sidelines on saturdays...whats so sweet about him? his d isnt that dominant at lsu and hes never been a head coach...oh the fans love him huh? dont think "dr" tom cares...he could turn out to be a good head coach but y that is just a given w so many people is beyond me...what are his credintials? a powerhouse is a powerhouse and "dr" tom is well aware that his boy bohl is running one

bisonhusker
11-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Reading that post is like taking an eye test.

lakesbison
11-27-2007, 10:33 PM
NORTHERN ILLINOIS IS BOHL"s if they offer $400,000+ in MY OPINION!!

Bison_Pride
11-27-2007, 11:44 PM
He won't go anyplace that doesn't have a chance of winning, and the complete support of the administration. The money NI is offering is nothing, he could probably get that here if he demanded that NDSU move to the FBS in the next few years. Taylor and Chapman would find a way.

Besides Bohl makes as much as the current coach already.

Gully
11-28-2007, 01:15 AM

Why in the world would he want to go to Northern Illinois?

skolbrother
11-28-2007, 01:36 AM

Joking, right?

lakesbison
11-28-2007, 02:21 AM
APRIL FOOLS!! I just hate speculation....

seriously though.. maybe BOHL's coaching speculation will CREATE the jump to FBS??

huh huh?

UTH
11-28-2007, 02:24 AM

seriously though.. maybe BOHL's coaching speculation will CREATE the jump to FBS??

huh huh?

If he sticks around long enough to be a part of those first two national championships, you might be on to something...

Gully
11-28-2007, 11:00 AM

huh huh?

Can you remove the hook from my mouth, please?

Gully
11-28-2007, 11:01 AM
See Kolpack's blog....Colorado State rumors again.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Bison"FANatic"
11-28-2007, 02:12 PM

huh huh?

Move to FBS. You might as well never want to win another national championship then unless the FBS goes playoffs. What, we move up to the MAC or WAC. Hawaii is undefeated this year wins the WAC and is still not sniffing respect or a top 3 bowl. Move up and give up ever winning a national championship is not for me. I like where we are at for now it makes sense for our budget and the money available. Bohls good but not good enough we would change divisions for him.

2 for 1's on the koolaid being served????

NDSUguy
11-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I truly believe that within 5 years there will be a playoff system in FBS football. The schools can still make their money, the non-important bowls can still exist and a true national champion will be crowned.

This will happen.

Bison_Pride
11-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Here's a good article on what the bowl games are paying and how the money is divided up between the teams and conferences.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-12-06-bowl-payouts_x.htm

SDSUJack3031
11-28-2007, 03:25 PM
I truly believe that within 5 years there will be a playoff system in FBS football. The schools can still make their money, the non-important bowls can still exist and a true national champion will be crowned.

This will happen.

Never will happen. People need to get over this. I am all for it, but you will never see a playoff in college football. There is too much money wrapped up in the bowl games.

tcbison
11-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I find it interesting if you do a google news search for Craig Bohl you find very few results talking about head coaching jobs, but if you do a google news search for Bobby Hauck(Montana's coach) he is listed quite often. It seems that the talk of Coach Bohl might have hits it peak after the Minnesota game, either that or he is flying under the radar.

TransAmBison
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I find it interesting if you do a google news search for Craig Bohl you find very few results talking about head coaching jobs, but if you do a google news search for Bobby Hauck(Montana's coach) he is listed quite often. It seems that the talk of Coach Bohl might have hits it peak after the Minnesota game, either that or he is flying under the radar.
I think you should get some work done and quit all your google searches!!! :D Just kidding!

tcbison
11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I think you should get some work done and quit all your google searches!!! :D Just kidding!

:hide: Don't tell my boss and I won't tell yours! :nod:

bisonmike2
11-28-2007, 06:11 PM

This will happen.

A playoff system might come with in 5 years but they'll probably only do an 8 team playoff system. And the top 8 playoff spots will still be hard for the non-bcs conferences schools to attain. The only way to make it completely fair is to do a playoff system large enough to grant all FBS conference champs a spot and still have some at large births to hand out. That might never come.

SlickVic
11-28-2007, 06:19 PM
A playoff system might come with in 5 years but they'll probably only do an 8 team playoff system. And the top 8 playoff spots will still be hard for the non-bcs conferences schools to attain. The only way to make it completely fair is to do a playoff system large enough to grant all FBS conference champs a spot and still have some at large births to hand out. That might never come.

that would completely ruin college football

56BISON73
11-28-2007, 08:03 PM

Pretty good solution right here. There is a playoff and still have most of the crappy bowl games for the 7-5 teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Anzoq0VI9k8qupsOs5Uk5PocvrYF?slug=dw-playoff112707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

SlickVic
11-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Pretty good solution right here. There is a playoff and still have most of the crappy bowl games for the 7-5 teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Anzoq0VI9k8qupsOs5Uk5PocvrYF?slug=dw-playoff112707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

think a four team play-off would be the only "play-off" format worth while...in 2005 it would have been nice to see penn state/texas vs ohio state/usc...would have loved to see a rematch of the 2 big ten teams playing for the national championship...last year a final 4 would have been pretty nice to michigan/usc vs ohio state/florida...this year would be pretty nice as well ohio state/usc vs missouri/west va...if west va and missouri escape this weekend unscaved and play in new orleans for the BCS title when ohio state beats USC in the rose bowl there will be a split national championship no doubt about it...that means that the bcs is not getting the job done and the cry for a "play-off" will probably reach epic perportions...as far as im concerned, the final four format would be the one and only option

UTH
11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
think a four team play-off would be the only "play-off" format worth while...

...as far as im concerned, the final four format would be the one and only option

This is along the lines that I've been thinking. Four teams would be the best option as it stands right now, unless they bring the number of teams up to five and figure in some sort of a wild card game. Match up all the 'little bowls' and then have the big boys duke it out toward the end of the bowl season for the prize. IMHO, this would give them a 2-for-1. They get a full bowl season and the teams get their big money payoffs. Then, they can have the mother of all hyped up events with three or four games between the best teams in FBS football. How this would not be exciting boggles my mind. The eventual national champion would have to play at least two games against other teams deemed to be of NC caliber. If the national champion were given a lower seed, that means that they had to win three games against other top five teams. It may not have completely solved that little Boise State problem last year, but there definitely would have been more legitimacy to it and the excitement ought to be incredible.

*thank you slick for posting this in english.

aces1180
11-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Mark Baylor off the list...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3131738

Bison bison
11-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Baylor paying $1.8 million?

This is getting out of control.

Houston is a better job than Baylor-I don't see how they'll ever get more than 2/3 wins in the Big 12 (win out OOC to make a bowl).

Gully
11-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Houston is a better job than Baylor-I don't see how they'll ever get more than 2/3 wins in the Big 12 (win out OOC to make a bowl).

I had the same thought in regards to Baylor paying $1.8 million. Geez, I guess I better send Gene another $5.

RedRiver
11-29-2007, 12:20 AM
PTS is having a roundtable on Bison football with Miller, Hallstrom and Kolpack. Alot of discussion on Bohl and possible other jobs. Hallstrom feels that there are 5-6 jobs that Bohl may be on the short list. However, that doesn't mean that it is the right job or fit. As of tonight, no school has requested permission to interview Bohl.

Ricky Bobby
11-29-2007, 12:57 AM
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

Check out the coaches salaries. The MAC schools don't pay much more than NDSU.

Shawn-O
11-29-2007, 01:13 AM

I like it, but this is going to be a slow process, taking years. The first thing they'll do is go to a plus-one, creating a four-team playoff in effect. Then maybe expansion to 8 and 16 over the course of many, many years.

fargocyclone
11-29-2007, 01:28 AM
For playoff vs. bowl speculation, see the FBS Playoff thread (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11884).

Just trying to eliminate duplicate discussions :)

Bison bison
11-29-2007, 03:07 AM
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

Check out the coaches salaries. The MAC schools don't pay much more than NDSU.

Funny that the team coached by the lowest paid coach (ULMonroe) beat the one coached the highest paid one (Alabama)

SlickVic
11-29-2007, 08:22 AM
cross of nebraska...old tom os burn has narrowed it to 2 turner gill and punky pellini...is only old tom os burn new what he was doing...i hate to see him roll over in his grave when bohl finally gets his chance at coaching big time college football

Bison bison
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
slick, that is one of the dumbest posts i've read on here in a long time.

osbourne is bohl's mentor. i think he would be extremely happy to see craig get the job. there was no way bohl was getting it.

Bison_Backer
11-29-2007, 03:47 PM
After reading the the Corn shucker websites what are the odds that after Pelini becomes head coach he brings Bohl back to coordinate for him?

I think Gill would go a different direction, but i think Pelini and him had a good

BisManBison
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Zero, zilch, nada, none, the empty set...and any other way one can say NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! Why would he want to go back to being a coordinator? That would be a step back the way I see it.

aces1180
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
I think that would be a step back for Coach Bohl...I see him being a head coach from this point forward.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
11-29-2007, 04:10 PM

Any job in a BCS conference is going to be considered a better job than a Non-BCS conference. Non-BCS conference teams have zero chance of playing for a national championship. If and its a big if, Baylor can turn things around they will have the opportunity to play for a national championship.

I think Kansas and Missouri have proven that any team can win. Even Kentucky, South Florida and UConn have been highly ranked this year.

It is only a matter of time and the right coach until Baylor and Duke make a run at the top 25 and eventually the top 10.

Bison bison
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Any job in a BCS conference is going to be considered a better job than a Non-BCS conference. Non-BCS conference teams have zero chance of playing for a national championship. If and its a big if, Baylor can turn things around they will have the opportunity to play for a national championship.

I think Kansas and Missouri have proven that any team can win. Even Kentucky, South Florida and UConn have been highly ranked this year.

It is only a matter of time and the right coach until Baylor and Duke make a run at the top 25 and eventually the top 10.

(1) I don't see Baylor finishing in the top half of the Big 12 south in the next decade.

(2) Houston is a better job, imo, because one can succeed in the C-USA and then move somewhere else.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
11-29-2007, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=NDB2;163426](1) I don't see Baylor finishing in the top half of the Big 12 south in the next decade.

(2) Houston is a better job, imo, because one can succeed in the C-USA and

Every team can win and will win. A number of teams have proven that this year alone. If you dont want to look at this year. Then lets look at the past, how about Nothwestern and Wash St. Everyone talks about how they cant win, but yet they have both played in the Rose Bowl in the past 10 years.

Baylor will win and dont be suprised if it happens soon.

bisonmike2
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM
slick, that is one of the dumbest posts i've read on here in a long time.
osbourne is bohl's mentor. i think he would be extremely happy to see craig get the job. there was no way bohl was getting it.

I'm impressed you understood any of that. I'm still trying to translate it.

Larz
11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Osborne appointed himself interim head coach today. This from the Omaha World Hearld. You can check huskerpedia as well.

Larz
11-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Osborne appointed himself interim head coach today. This from the Omaha World Hearld. You can check huskerpedia as well.

DORMIE
11-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I think that Craig will go the Jim Tressel route which was 3 or 4 National Championships at Youngstown and then on to The Ohio State University.

tcbison
11-29-2007, 05:24 PM
I think that Craig will go the Jim Tressel route which was 3 or 4 National Championships at Youngstown and then on to The Ohio State University.

That is what I have been saying and hoping for!

bisonmike2
11-29-2007, 06:19 PM

An announcement is planned that Osbourne will appoint himself supreme leader of the state of Nebraska. This puts him in direct charge of Nebraska's nuclear weapons. Oklahoma and Colorado are now on alert.:)

bisonhusker
11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
50/50 he stays in Fargo this year. 0% after next year's title run. Things are heating up!!!!

Bison bison
11-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I think it's better than 50/50 he stays this year.

His only going to leave for a better place and those opportunities fill first.

WYOBISONMAN
11-29-2007, 08:23 PM
NDB2.....that is a hell of a sig line!!! ROFL!!!!

56BISON73
11-29-2007, 10:14 PM
50/50 he stays in Fargo this year. 0% after next year's title run. Things are heating up!!!!

I dont think things are as heated up as some think. PL

Flintstone
11-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Bohl mentioned in article for Houston job. (They call him Chris not Craig)

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/14727431/detail.html

HerdBot
11-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Bohl mentioned in article for Houston job. (They call him Chris not Craig)

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/14727431/detail.html

Yep, some sports writer googled "college head coach candidates" and ended up with the tallest coach in the world, Manute Boll. (anyone remember him?)

Bison bison
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
I dont think things are as heated up as some think. PL

I agree that it's still early, but there are only about 50 programs I could see Bohl leaving for maybe ten/dozen openings this year at those places.

A few of those have/soon will be filled.

Jdubs21
11-30-2007, 04:16 PM
This is something i think we should quit worrying about. If Bohl leaves he has done more than enough for the university and the city of fargo. We have the tradition and facilities that any coach would want to be a part of so, replacing him will not be that hard. I am not saying he wouldnt be missed cuz i really hope he stays, but a little birdie is tellin me he still has unfinished business here :D....Bohl is stayin

56BISON73
11-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I agree that it's still early, but there are only about 50 programs I could see Bohl leaving for maybe ten/dozen openings this year at those places.

A few of those have/soon will be filled.

There arent that many openings AND there are more coaches at the head of the line for those openings. Unless he was to take a less than desirable job of which I dont see him doing. PL PL

DORMIE
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Talked with Coach Preles last night at the MBB game. Seems as though Coach Bohl spent yesterday on the road in damage control with his verbal comittments in SD, MN & WI. Guess that the coaches at UNI, SCSU and UND think that just because there is speculation that Coach Bohl might be leaving, there is open season on our recruits. So much for Dale "Rides a white horse" Lennon!!!

tony
11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Talked with Coach Preles last night at the MBB game. Seems as though Coach Bohl spent yesterday on the road in damage control with his verbal comittments in SD, MN & WI. Guess that the coaches at UNI, SCSU and UND think that just because there is speculation that Coach Bohl might be leaving, there is open season on our recruits. So much for Dale "Rides a white horse" Lennon!!!

Hehe, well who needs Lennon to tell all our recruits that Bohl is gone? We have 11 pages of posts in this thread and on every one Bison fans telling them pretty much the same thing. :)

Anyway, it'd be pretty darn ironic if UNI's Coach Farley ends up being the one coaching somewhere else next year. And nobody at UND rides a white horse where NDSU is concerned - not Lennon and certainly not anybody in their administration - a complete absence of collegiality is almost UND's defining characteristic.

Hart
11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Maybe they'll want him back at Nebraska. . . oh wait.

Notorious
11-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Who's Dale Lennon?

I think we have about 2 more weeks to worry, and then things will settle. I'm not sure any current opening is a fit for Bohl. Either by his choice, or the particular Univ. itself.

bisonmike2
11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
That's the only way UND's going to get any advantage in recruiting. Lennon's spent too much time in the UND system, he's got to be corrupted in some capacity by now.

Leonardite
11-30-2007, 07:20 PM
That's the only way UND's going to get any advantage in recruiting. Lennon's spent too much time in the UND system, he's got to be corrupted in some capacity by now.

Lennon shouldn't need to use Bohl speculation to get recruits, all he has to do is tell them about 50,000 seat stadium they're going to build. Or is it 75,000 this week?

bisonmike2
11-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Lennon shouldn't need to use Bohl speculation to get recruits, all he has to do is tell them about 50,000 seat stadium they're going to build. Or is it 75,000 this week?

That's classic! Do you think he goes into a kids house saying, "I really think you would be a good fit for the team who will very shortly used to be called the fighting sioux."? The Athletes formally known as the Fighting Sioux. They could change their logo to Princes old symbol.

tjbison
11-30-2007, 08:27 PM
That's classic! Do you think he goes into a kids house saying, "I really think you would be a good fit for the team who will very shortly used to be called the fighting sioux."? The Athletes formally known as the Fighting Sioux. They could change their logo to Princes old symbol.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

Mr. Burgundy
12-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Pelini in at Nebraska as expected.

sambini
12-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Good hire ++++

Shawn-O
12-01-2007, 01:39 AM

Move over, Maisel.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149309&postcount=12

DIBISON
12-01-2007, 05:34 AM

Great, now eveyone can give the Nebraska and Bohl talk a rest. One less job out there!!

tjbison
12-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Great, now eveyone can give the Nebraska and Bohl talk a rest. One less job out there!!

Yep, now what is everybody gonna talk about

Mr. Burgundy
12-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Duke.....that is what everyone will soon be talking about.

TheDoctor
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
As a HUGE Duke basketball fan I can tell you that NO ONE especially Bohl should want to go to Duke. I have a friend who played basketball at Concordia (Soren Nelson) who is an assistant to Mitch Moser (Associate AD at Duke and former Concordia basketball player). Basically Soren's job is to be the middle man between football and the AD's office. They report it to him first, he tries to take care of it and if he can't he reports it to Mitch. Anyway, they have tried everything with that program and now with the addition of VT, Miami, and BC, the conference is WAY to loaded for any coach to ever revive the program. They have been to 1 bowl game in 25 years. Bohl going to Duke would be like Miles going to Wilmington, he'll turn it down to stay where he loves to be (NDSU), but really he doesn't take it because its a no win situation. ;)

Mr. Burgundy
12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
.....be prepared to talk about Duke. Coach K has recently stated that they really need to focus on the Football program. He is a candidate.

TheDoctor
12-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I have heard him say that as well, but some of that I chalk up to lip service. He cares about the school as a whole, so he is going to say that, but I'll bet he doesn't give anything up or do anything specific to help the football program. BUT, I'd love to see it if he does. Still, I think Bohl is smart enough to look at the last two coaches and the support they received and know it won't work there. It's not like the old days when Spurrier came in a revieved the program. The other teams in the conference are way to strong now. Heck, Florida State wasn't even in the conference when Spurrier was there let alone all the otherones I mentioned above. ;)

aces1180
12-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Going to Duke would be like going to UND...Dead end job! ;)
Hahaha

Notorious
12-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Duke is willing to pay $$$ to revive the program. Admin., as well as Coack K., know the importance of FB. I wouldn't be surprised.........???

I haven't heard anything about Bohl interviewing, or even being contacted, but the odds are decent it will happen.....

Ricky Bobby
12-01-2007, 06:55 PM
http://dukeupdate.com/duke_football_coach_wishlist.htm

NDSUguy
12-01-2007, 07:23 PM
When comparing others on the list, I don't know why coach Bohl would go in front of some of those other candidates....

TheDoctor
12-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I assume they know of him and list him because he was a LB coach there in 1994, so he'd know better than anyone what the program is like. We'll just have to wait and see..............

Bison_Pride
12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I would think that Jeff Bower would have to be a big candidate for a job like that now. Or one of the other, higher profile, jobs.

extremerouge
12-01-2007, 09:51 PM
i dont know if this has been posted anywhere, but colorado state has been granted permission to talk to jerry kill of siu...

BisManBison
12-02-2007, 02:24 AM
i dont know if this has been posted anywhere, but colorado state has been granted permission to talk to jerry kill of siu...

I don't know if that has been specifically talked about anywhere else, but there has been a lot of talk about Jerry and the CSU opening. Bobby Hauck out of Montana has been mentioned quite a bit for that job as well.

DIBISON
12-02-2007, 05:07 AM
I don't know if that has been specifically talked about anywhere else, but there has been a lot of talk about Jerry and the CSU opening. Bobby Hauck out of Montana has been mentioned quite a bit for that job as well.

That is the only job out there that may be a connection for Coach Bohl. Somewhat of a midwest location and power football. Nebraska is closed and Duke isn't a good fit. So if the SIU coach gets the job the Bison will be smiling!!

CaBisonFan
12-03-2007, 04:24 AM
That is the only job out there that may be a connection for Coach Bohl. Somewhat of a midwest location and power football. Nebraska is closed and Duke isn't a good fit. So if the SIU coach gets the job the Bison will be smiling!!

There has been some signs of life in the Duke program...not a lot...but some. They seemed to be a little more with it this year. Maybe just a few games...not sure.

North Carolina and that triangle of universities is one beautiful place. If the money is right...I'd see Bohl going. Don't want him to go...but it seems like the really big programs are looking for very high profile types from a DI powerhouse...as in a coordinator with an up and coming career.

If he did a decent job at Duke, he could have one more move in him...up the ladder.

Mr_Meanor
12-03-2007, 04:48 AM

Just curious why you think Duke is not a good fit. If I was in Bohl's shoes I think Duke would be a great fit. He gets to go to a good confernece with alot of talent in the area. Duke has a great campus with alot to sell the recruits. He would also step into a position where he would have time to build a program. He would have no pressure to win it all right away like he would have at major programs. I really think it would be a great job for him. However, I hope he sticks around for awhile.

NDSUstudent
12-03-2007, 04:59 AM
Just curious why you think Duke is not a good fit. If I was in Bohl's shoes I think Duke would be a great fit. He gets to go to a good confernece with alot of talent in the area. Duke has a great campus with alot to sell the recruits. He would also step into a position where he would have time to build a program. He would have no pressure to win it all right away like he would have at major programs. I really think it would be a great job for him. However, I hope he sticks around for awhile.

Virginia Tech
Florida State
Miami
Boston College

Clemson, GT, and Virginia aren't exactly slouches either. The ACC is tough, trying to rebuild with those monsters in front of you isn't going to make it any easier. I still think Bohl wants a job where he can hit the ground running, not one that entails major rebuilding.

bisonmike2
12-03-2007, 08:15 PM
I'll guess we can cross of LSU as places Bohl might go since Les Miles will be staying there. Oh crap! That means he's now the front runner for the Michigan job! :)

roadwarrior
12-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Bohl must have been in Minneapolis looking around for a job tonight, or was it just to watch the Bison basketball team?

extremerouge
12-04-2007, 03:23 AM
I saw him there on the TV

TheDoctor
12-05-2007, 05:03 AM

I listed several specific reasons no one will ever win there earlier in this thread. Looks like we'll be fine, the insiders aren't even talking about him. Take a look:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=23924

X-Factor
12-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Bohl must have been in Minneapolis looking around for a job tonight, or was it just to watch the Bison basketball team?

More like sniffing around for some metro recruits, Road. ;)

Hansel
12-06-2007, 05:42 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-niu06dec06,1,7577837.story

WYOBISONMAN
12-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I couldn't imagine Bohl going to Northern Illinois. I view that as a step down from what he has at NDSU. I do think Bohl would take another position in a heartbeat, but it has to be the RIGHT position. Northern Illinois is in no way the right position.

Bison_Pride
12-06-2007, 07:32 PM
The previous coach there topped out at 300K.

http://www.macreportonline.com/index.php/Football/MAC-Football-Coaches-Salaries-Still-Lag.html

aces1180
12-06-2007, 11:24 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-niu06dec06,1,7577837.story

WDAY just made this its first story.

UTH
12-06-2007, 11:35 PM
WDAY just made this its first story.

Just came up on KFYR news, as well. WYO is right, IMO. I'm sure that he knows that continued success at NDSU will only serve to increase the $,$$$,$$$ worth of his resume and he can go for gold, with a championship or two in his pocket to boot.

56BISON73
12-07-2007, 12:54 AM
This just doesnt seem right---

""""The school announced before the season finale against Duke that Davis, who led the youthful Tar Heels to a 4-8 record in his first season, agreed to terms for a one-year contract extension through the 2014 season. The extension also included a raise of $291,000 that will push his annual income to about $2.1 million. """""

a 291,000 raise for going 4-8. Whew. PL

heymch86
12-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Fox News reports Bohl has interviewed at Northern Illinois

I see this is under Bohl speculation

56BISON73
12-07-2007, 02:57 AM
Fox News reports Bohl has interviewed at Northern Illinois

I see this is under Bohl speculation

Interviewing is another way of networking in the coaching buisness. It keeps your name out there also. PL

CaBisonFan
12-07-2007, 03:08 AM
Was he dressed like this?
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/fat-elvis.jpg

*these tales are getting better and more entertaining every day.

I heard he's been spotted at the North Pole.

56BISON73
12-07-2007, 03:37 AM
I heard he's been spotted at the North Pole.

Nope hasnt left the waffle house in AR yet. LOL:D PL

silkamilkamonico
12-07-2007, 03:41 AM
There is speculation that if they offer him the job he will take it.

I can't provide an actuall link, since this is just "speculation".

UTH
12-07-2007, 03:57 AM
There is speculation that if they offer him the job he will take it.

I can't provide an actuall link, since this is just "speculation".

My speculation is that he's still at the Waffle House in AR. LOL:D PMK

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/gobacktosleepyourgovernmentisinchar.jpg

sambini
12-07-2007, 04:18 AM
I speculate he will ride a Harley Davidson motorcycle with a zebra skin seat?

silkamilkamonico
12-07-2007, 04:25 AM
My speculation is that he's still at the Waffle House in AR. LOL:D PMK

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/gobacktosleepyourgovernmentisinchar.jpg

More speculation is that Michigan spoke with a "big time college coaching candidate", and the NIllinois "interview" is just a cover to something bigger and better.......:)

HerdBot
12-07-2007, 05:19 AM
I couldn't imagine Bohl going to Northern Illinois. I view that as a step down from what he has at NDSU. I do think Bohl would take another position in a heartbeat, but it has to be the RIGHT position. Northern Illinois is in no way the right position.

Losing our head coach in our most profitbale sport to a 2-10 MAC team is a unacceptable. We need to find a coach who's in it for the long haul, like Dale Lennon. Not someone who is just using us to make the jump and looking to leave. I really hope we try to hold on to him and pay him better. Honestly, I think it's a bad career move to jump to a bad MAC school when he's returning his best team ever and his stock will be considerably higher after we have a good season.

Here's what ticks me off. We're hearing about this right in the middle of recruiting season and instead of finding players he's looking for another job. That sends a bad message to recruits.

After reading the article, I don't get the vibe that he's the top candidate but I get the feeling he's looking to get out of here badly.

56BISON73
12-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Losing our head coach in our most profitbale sport to a 2-10 MAC team is a unacceptable. We need to find a coach who's in it for the long haul, like Dale Lennon. Not someone who is just using us to make the jump and looking to leave. I really hope we try to hold on to him and pay him better. Honestly, I think it's a bad career move to jump to a bad MAC school when he's returning his best team ever and his stock will be considerably higher after we have a good season.

"""""""Here's what ticks me off. We're hearing about this right in the middle of recruiting season and instead of finding players he's looking for another job. That sends a bad message to recruits. """"""

""""""After reading the article, I don't get the vibe that he's the top candidate but I get the feeling he's looking to get out of here badly."""""""

Gabe Looks like you are in a panic mode. Settle down. This happens EVERY year at this time ALL over the US and it all turns out fine.:nod: PL

BlueBisonRock
12-07-2007, 06:00 AM

Here's what ticks me off. We're hearing about this right in the middle of recruiting season and instead of finding players he's looking for another job. That sends a bad message to recruits.

After reading the article, I don't get the vibe that he's the top candidate but I get the feeling he's looking to get out of here badly.

Gabe, I admire your passion. Controlled intensity is required on the field to be successful. Creating a successful program requires additonal capabilities. Logic in decision making and planning on many levels are required.

I have noted that Coach Bohl has the ability to inspire intensity in his players. In addition, he is a student of the game, does a complete analysis, understands and plans for risk, and makes intelligent decisions. I fully expect that he will use the same approach as other schools come knocking on his door.

This is no different than the career planning and decision approach you or I would use.

tjbison
12-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Will Bohl really leave for NIU?? If he does good luck, I don't see it, but maybe I have the blinders on.

NDSUstudent
12-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Will Bohl really leave for NIU?? If he does good luck, I don't see it, but maybe I have the blinders on.

It doesn't make sense to me...
NDSU-NIU
$210K<$300K
FCS Title> Brewster's Used Car and Tire Motor City Bowl
NDSU>>>>This years MAC champs(NIU was 2-10 this year in that same conference, yikes)

The money is better but thats about it. I know some will say its a FBS job but the MAC is irrelevant in the FBS right now.

BlueBisonRock
12-07-2007, 07:48 AM
It doesn't make sense to me...
NDSU-NIU
$210K<$300K
FCS Title> Brewster's Used Car and Tire Motor City Bowl
NDSU>>>>This years MAC champs(NIU was 2-10 this year in that same conference, yikes)

The money is better but thats about it. I know some will say its a FBS job but the MAC is irrelevant in the FBS right now.

Money ain't everything. I expect Coach Bohl to make a well informed, well thought out decision.

Gully
12-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I would be shocked if he went to Northern Illinois....it just doesn't seem like a good move. If he's not successful there he'll be blowing his shot at a big time job someday. I'm betting he does not leave for Northern Illinois.

bisonmike2
12-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Craig,

I know your out there reading message boards for advice, and I know you typically try to find my post because I consistently give the best advice, so here you go. Don't take the N. Illinois job. You have it much better here at NDSU. Let's win a couple national championships and then you will have BCS conference teams knocking at your door. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Sincerely,

Bisonmike

Mr. Burgundy
12-07-2007, 11:59 AM
He is using this as leverage for more money. UNC Wilmington got Timmy boy paid. Arkansas opening has caused 5 schools to increase the pay of their head coach....it is what college coaching has become.

WYOBISONMAN
12-07-2007, 12:54 PM
He is using this as leverage for more money. UNC Wilmington got Timmy boy paid. Arkansas opening has caused 5 schools to increase the pay of their head coach....it is what college coaching has become.

Burgundy is right about this..........I hope...... :praying: :praying:

extremerouge
12-07-2007, 12:57 PM
you know what, if Bohl leaves its okay! NDSU and Fargo are great places to be! we have great facilities and a great town! we have a great program here, where a ton of coaches would like to be...remember that

bisonmike2
12-07-2007, 01:35 PM
you know what, if Bohl leaves its okay! NDSU and Fargo are great places to be! we have great facilities and a great town! we have a great program here, where a ton of coaches would like to be...remember that

Agreed. But unfortunately we will be in this position of being better than most but not as good as the elite as long as there is another division above us.

HerdBot
12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Gabe, I admire your passion. Controlled intensity is required on the field to be successful. Creating a successful program requires additonal capabilities. Logic in decision making and planning on many levels are required.

I have noted that Coach Bohl has the ability to inspire intensity in his players. In addition, he is a student of the game, does a complete analysis, understands and plans for risk, and makes intelligent decisions. I fully expect that he will use the same approach as other schools come knocking on his door.

This is no different than the career planning and decision approach you or I would use.

Your absolutely right and I changed my tune a little. Exploring your options is not a bad career move and it doesn't mean he's gone. The article in the Forum was much more dramatic than the casual mention in the Chicago Tribune. Either way I hope we wisen up and pay him a bit more. You get what you pay for.

http://areavoices.com/bisonnation

Bison"FANatic"
12-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Take a deep breath and repeat.

"The sky is not falling, The sky is not falling"

It is just an interview. As my wife says you always have to be looking to see what is out there but it don't mean you are going to take it.

You never know when the big time will come calling. I don't feel this is the big time but it is not me interviewing. You have to keep your name out there if you want to keep moving up. Coach Bohl will do what is right for him but I have faith he will not leave the NDSU program in a pickle if he does leave he will make sure NDSU is in a good position. Everything he does seems to be done with class he will not burn bridges at NDSU.

I trust our college administration to do what is best for NDSU and the football program. The program is bigger than just the coach in my opinion. He is a big part of it but he is not the whole thing. Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of coach Bohl but experience has taught me that organizations, businesses and groups are more successful with good systems rather than having it all about one person.

After saying all this I fully expect Coach Bohl will be the coach of the Mighty Bison Machine next season!!!!

NDSUguy
12-07-2007, 02:48 PM
My thoughts on the NIU situation... As much as I hate to say this, I think that the NIU job is a BETTER opportunity than that of NDSU. Here is why:

1. NIU was 2-9 last year in a mediocre FBS conference. I believe that if he were to take the job he will easily be able to recruit and coach well enough to win that conference. We're undefeated against MAC schools so I doubt that within a few years he couldn't make them a conference power.
2. If he can turn around NIU and win the MAC, the national media will give him more love.
3. If the national media gives him love, so will athletic directors. Some of the bigger schools will start to take him seriously. After all, it is VERY rare for a FCS coach to jump into a FBS program (even if they have done very well at the FCS level). The idea that Bohl could be the next Jim Tressel is not likely.
4. Last but not least....he'll get a substantial pay raise. People here seem to think that going from 210k to 300k isn't much but...that really is a TON of money.

All those things add up to my belief that he would jump at the chance to make a move to FBS.

UTH
12-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I would be shocked if he went to Northern Illinois....it just doesn't seem like a good move. If he's not successful there he'll be blowing his shot at a big time job someday. I'm betting he does not leave for Northern Illinois.

Amen to that. Northern Illinois isn't a big enough step up to warrant the risk. I will continue to sleep well at night.

NDSUguy
12-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Risk??? It's the MAC. If we've been able to go 2-0 against that division, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to recruit/coach well enough to win.

Zero risk. Only upside.

UTH
12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Risk??? It's the MAC. If we've been able to go 2-0 against that division, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to recruit/coach well enough to win.

Zero risk. Only upside.

True, but: As you say, it's only the MAC. He'd be expected to win right from the start. There would be no big deal in that. No guts, no glory. This isn't a big enough step for him.

NDSUguy
12-07-2007, 03:45 PM
A few other coaches that have started their FBS road in the MAC

Urban Meyer (Florida) (3 years @ Bowling Green)
Gary Pinkel (Mizzou) (9 years @ Toledo)

Bohl doesn't need a big splash. He needs a FBS head coaching job. With the teams in the MAC being soft, it should be easy to win there. If you can win there for 3-4 years you will get offers for BCS conference jobs.

UTH
12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
A few other coaches that have started their FBS road in the MAC

Urban Meyer (Florida) (3 years @ Bowling Green)
Gary Pinkel (Mizzou) (9 years @ Toledo)

Bohl doesn't need a big splash. He needs a FBS head coaching job. With the teams in the MAC being soft, it should be easy to win there. If you can win there for 3-4 years you will get offers for BCS conference jobs.

Point taken. Here's to hoping that you're wrong... :cheers:

Bison bison
12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Winning the MAC will get Craig about the same amount of national attention as a FCS Championship (i.e. just more than none).

So the question is:

Is building a program at NIU easier than staying with an established one at NDSU?

(ie can he win the MAC in 3-5 years, win a national championship at NDSU in 3-5 years)

Ricky Bobby
12-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Northern Illinois is much more attractive than you think......new facilities, right out of Chicago, excellent recruiting area, and would probably double his salary. It is going to come down to whether he thinks he can win there and if he thinks he needs a stepping stone job to get the big job. If he thinks he can pull a "Tressel"....he stays. If he thinks he needs one more stop, he will take this job.

NDSUguy
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Winning the MAC will get Craig about the same amount of national attention as a FCS Championship (i.e. just more than none).

So the question is:

Is building a program at NIU easier than staying with an established one at NDSU?

(ie can he win the MAC in 3-5 years, win a national championship at NDSU in 3-5 years)

I have to respectfully disagree.... The media will pay more attention to the MAC conference week in and week out. ESPN and other media sources won't be running down the highlights from FCS games but they will be doing that for the MAC.

With a job at NIU, Bohl would consistently be playing FBS schools (in and out of his conference). If he does well against bigger schools people will notice.

I don't believe that the quality of play has anything to do with it. There is a perceived notion that FCS teams are not as good as FBS -- which is why its big news every time an FCS beats an FBS.

silkamilkamonico
12-07-2007, 04:40 PM
If he thinks he can pull a "Tressel"....he stays. If he thinks he needs one more stop, he will take this job.

How often does a coach pull a "Tressel"?

Not very often.

Joe Glenn went from a D1AA Championship to Wyoming. Wyoming.

tcbison
12-07-2007, 04:54 PM
How often does a coach pull a "Tressel"?

Not very often.

Joe Glenn went from a D1AA Championship to Wyoming. Wyoming.

Very true. Another question you can ask is how often do coaches stay at a job for 15 years? I believe Tressel was at Youngstown State for that long. That rarely happens anymore either unless you are already at Florida State of Penn State like Bowden or Paterno.

Bison bison
12-07-2007, 04:59 PM
I have to respectfully disagree.... The media will pay more attention to the MAC conference week in and week out. ESPN and other media sources won't be running down the highlights from FCS games but they will be doing that for the MAC.

With a job at NIU, Bohl would consistently be playing FBS schools (in and out of his conference). If he does well against bigger schools people will notice.

I don't believe that the quality of play has anything to do with it. There is a perceived notion that FCS teams are not as good as FBS -- which is why its big news every time an FCS beats an FBS.

I agree.

did I say week in and week out?

no, I said MAC Championship v FCS title.

56BISON73
12-07-2007, 05:20 PM
IMO it would be much easier to win a MAC title than a FCS Championship. PL

TheDoctor
12-07-2007, 07:05 PM
IMO it would be much easier to win a MAC title than a FCS Championship. PL

100% agree with this one PL! ;)

WYOBISONMAN
12-07-2007, 08:29 PM
All I can say is if Bohl takes NIU over NDSU, I will feel like shit!:eek:

Bisonguy
12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
All I can say is if Bohl takes NIU over NDSU, I will feel like shit!:eek:

Kolpack reported on the Bisonzone blog that Dan McCarney is rumored to be the leading candidate for NIU.

HerdBot
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM

So the question is:

Not true at all. Northern Illinois won or shared the MAC West Division title four times and the Huskies made two bowl appearances. He stayed there for 12 years and got fired after 1 bad year. That is the definition of a dead end job.

Don't sell short the powere of a national championship. Remember some our past coaches... Erhardt. Wacker, and Morton. Babich is more successful now and he didn't win a thing. And that was at DIVSION 2! Not D1

NDSUFan_Sav
12-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Not true at all. Northern Illinois won or shared the MAC West Division title four times and the Huskies made two bowl appearances. He stayed there for 12 years and got fired after 1 bad year. That is the definition of a dead end job.

Don't sell short the powere of a national championship. Remember some our past coaches... Erhardt. Wacker, and Morton. Babich is more successful now and he didn't win a thing. And that was at DIVSION 2! Not D1

Because bears Defense is just as good as last year??? going from 2nd in the league to 28th.....sounds good to me

HerdBot
12-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Because bears Defense is just as good as last year??? going from 2nd in the league to 28th.....sounds good to me

I don't know his salary but most NFL coordinators make over a million. Capers made 3 million per year as a coordinaor.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't know his salary but most NFL coordinators make over a million. Capers made 3 million per year as a coordinaor.

yeah he's getting money...but not a good name/recognition!

TheDoctor
12-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Still not talking Bohl at Duke.....................

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=23965

devin45k
12-10-2007, 06:21 AM
yeah he's getting money...but not a good name/recognition!

Oh man....the fans are really getting on him for their performance this year!

gt_bison
12-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Still not talking Bohl at Duke.....................

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=23965

I did see Bohl's name mentioned on a Duke board (don't have a link handy at present). Of course, the message boards aren't exactly the AD's source of inspiration, but I fail to see how Duke thinks that they could actually snag a big-name coach with their program's history (except the brief Spurrier era). They should take a lesson from the fact that they and SMU lost the Paul Johnson bidding war to Georgia Tech, which from all reports offered the man less money than SMU and Duke but a much better (read: mediocre instead of on the bottom of the barrel) program to take over. Bobby Johnson isn't exactly a big name right now, but I'm not understanding why he'd want to leave Vandy, where he almost got bowl-eligible this year, to take over a one-win Duke team. Seems like Duke might be joining Arkansas on the list of programs being used by coaches to get raises. I wonder if Coach Bohl has thought of that approach yet. Get on someone's (not a BCS school, just somewhere desperate and with money) list, get interviewed, get a school to leak like a sieve about how they're going to hire him and offer him $x, and then Gene Taylor can come up with a nice raise for him to keep him in Fargo :)

extremerouge
12-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I did see Bohl's name mentioned on a Duke board (don't have a link handy at present). Of course, the message boards aren't exactly the AD's source of inspiration, but I fail to see how Duke thinks that they could actually snag a big-name coach with their program's history (except the brief Spurrier era). They should take a lesson from the fact that they and SMU lost the Paul Johnson bidding war to Georgia Tech, which from all reports offered the man less money than SMU and Duke but a much better (read: mediocre instead of on the bottom of the barrel) program to take over. Bobby Johnson isn't exactly a big name right now, but I'm not understanding why he'd want to leave Vandy, where he almost got bowl-eligible this year, to take over a one-win Duke team. Seems like Duke might be joining Arkansas on the list of programs being used by coaches to get raises. I wonder if Coach Bohl has thought of that approach yet. Get on someone's (not a BCS school, just somewhere desperate and with money) list, get interviewed, get a school to leak like a sieve about how they're going to hire him and offer him $x, and then Gene Taylor can come up with a nice raise for him to keep him in Fargo :)
He did get interviewed at NIU, but kolpack is saying that the former Iowa State Head Coach Dan McCarney was going to get the job...

Bison"FANatic"
12-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Gene Taylor just said on KFGO that Bohl was not interested in the Northern Illinois job and that Bohl was frustrated that it was reported when he is out trying to recruite. KFGO was asking about getting him a raise and it sounded like there is some money available but not much. He sited the coach at Northern Iowa just got a raise and he is now at the level of Coach Bohl. So we are near the top in our division in payments also. He also talked about that they had bumped up the coordinator money the last few years to keep from having to much turn over.

IL_Bison
12-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Gene Taylor just said on KFGO that Bohl was not interested in the Northern Illinois job and that Bohl was frustrated that it was reported when he is out trying to recruite. KFGO was asking about getting him a raise and it sounded like there is some money available but not much. He sited the coach at Northern Iowa just got a raise and he is now at the level of Coach Bohl. So we are near the top in our division in payments also. He also talked about that they had bumped up the coordinator money the last few years to keep from having to much turn over.

I'm sure that is frustrating when he's trying to recruit. I would suspect there is some common courtesy involved if an AD wants to meet for dinner or something. Especially considering that there wasn't a formal request of Gene Taylor to allow Bohl to interview, it appears that the media might have blown this out of proportion.

On a side note, I saw Coach Garza and Coach Nystrom at O'Hare on Friday...no doubt there is tons of talent in the Chicago area. Go Bison!

aces1180
12-10-2007, 10:55 PM

Confirmation from the Forum.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=185773

HerdBot
12-11-2007, 04:55 AM

That is cool that Bohl is paid well by Gateway standards. The coordinator pay increase is important and it further proves we are committed to football! Those guys get paid less than the head coach but work their arses off too. Keeping Willie Mack and Pat Perles is EXTREMELY important! Not only because they are good but they are potential Bohl replacements someday. I hope coach Bohl gets a raise. It's a good time to go out and support the Bison so they can afford to give him a slight raise.

HerdBot
12-11-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm sure that is frustrating when he's trying to recruit. I would suspect there is some common courtesy involved if an AD wants to meet for dinner or something. Especially considering that there wasn't a formal request of Gene Taylor to allow Bohl to interview, it appears that the media might have blown this out of proportion.

On a side note, I saw Coach Garza and Coach Nystrom at O'Hare on Friday...no doubt there is tons of talent in the Chicago area. Go Bison!

I agree it's a distraction and I'm glad they came out with a press release. I swear it's a conspiricy by anti bison fans. :) Glad to hear WIllie Mack and Ohare are in CHicago! After we play in the Gateway for 3 years, the Chicago recruits will be coming to US!

Bison bison
12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/specials/bowls/2007/12/10/wazzu.coach.ap/?eref=mostpop

Eastern Washington's Wulff to take Washington State job.

ad guy
12-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't think this has been posted yet. But it looks like the Colorado St. job is being filled.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3151605

HerdBot
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't think this has been posted yet. But it looks like the Colorado St. job is being filled.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3151605

I bet we will see Jerry Kill at Northern Illinois soon then.

UTH
12-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I bet we will see Jerry Kill at Northern Illinois soon then.

Then we can cross fingers, hold breath, and retire this thread for another year, right??? Right???

56BISON73
12-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Then we can cross fingers, hold breath, and retire this thread for another year, right??? Right???

Are you kidding me???? The Atlanta Falcons will be looking for a head coach now that Petrino left. :D PL

HerdBot
12-12-2007, 06:29 PM

we should "de sticky it" old news and by keeping it on top people keep talking about it.

UTH
12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
we should "de sticky it" old news and by keeping it on top people keep talking about it.

I second the motion. All opposed?

Please let the crickets start chirping...

*unless anyone wishes to congratulate the coach for choosing to stick around.

TransAmBison
12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Yes, let's get rid of some or all stickies!

56BISON73
12-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I second the motion. All opposed?

Please let the crickets start chirping...

*unless anyone wishes to congratulate the coach for choosing to stick around.
But the Michigan job is still open.:D PL

56BISON73
12-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I also forgot to mention Southern Alabama will be starting up a Div 1-A program in a couple of years. PL

OK let this thread die:D

UTH
12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
OK let this thread die:D

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!

College football fans are a little obsessive when rumors are running around about coaching jobs toward the end of the season. Here's an interesting news story about people following coaches around the country... [linky (http://www.epiccarnival.com/2007/12/newest-craze-in-fandom-flight-tracking.html)]

fargocyclone
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!

College football fans are a little obsessive when rumors are running around about coaching jobs toward the end of the season. Here's an interesting news story about people following coaches around the country... [linky (http://www.epiccarnival.com/2007/12/newest-craze-in-fandom-flight-tracking.html)]

Wow, that's hardcore!

bisonmike2
12-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I heard Bohl is now up for the Atlanta Falcons job. :)

Bisonguy
12-12-2007, 09:57 PM
If this thread can go a couple days with no posts, I see no reason why the sticky cannot be lifted. :)

It was made a sticky so that there wouldn't be any new threads about Bohl (as was the case when there were ten separate threads about Bohl speculation on the first page of the football forum).:banghead:

admin
12-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I'm with BisonGuy. "One thread to hold them all, few mods to find them and into one combine them."

I'm not a big fan of the big old freak out that seems to happen every year (heck, last year, we had multiple threads about our coordinators possibly/probably moving on too). I figure that if Coach Bohl gets hired someplace else, we won't get much warning and, besides, I don't think all the speculation has made recruiting any easier this year.

Colorado State named their head coach so when NIU makes their announcement today, how about I unsticky this thread and only re-sticky it If we get multiple new threads on the topic?

Edit: Coach Bohl is NOT going to be the new coach at NIU. Do NOT question my source* or the elf will get angry... er, angrier!

* Actually the source is the press release for NIU's announcement - they are welcoming the "new head football coach and his wife to our NIU community." Er,Coach Bohl didn't get remarried over the weekend, did he? D'oh, of course he didn't. If he had, Lakes would have been invited and he'd have spilled the beans :)

heckler
12-13-2007, 02:53 PM
I heard Bohl is now up for the Atlanta Falcons job. :)

Maybe, Duke? :pan:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3152458

56BISON73
12-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I'm with BisonGuy. "One thread to hold them all, few mods to find them and into one combine them."

I'm not a big fan of the big old freak out that seems to happen every year (heck, last year, we had multiple threads about our coordinators possibly/probably moving on too). I figure that if Coach Bohl gets hired someplace else, we won't get much warning and, besides, I don't think all the speculation has made recruiting any easier this year.

Colorado State named their head coach so when NIU makes their announcement today, how about I unsticky this thread and only re-sticky it If we get multiple new threads on the topic?

Edit: Coach Bohl is NOT going to be the new coach at NIU. Do NOT question my source* or the elf will get angry... er, angrier!

* Actually the source is the press release for NIU's announcement - they are welcoming the "new head football coach and his wife to our NIU community." Er,Coach Bohl didn't get remarried over the weekend, did he? D'oh, of course he didn't. If he had, Lakes would have been invited and he'd have spilled the beans :)

"":) Er,Coach Bohl didn't get remarried over the weekend, did he? D'oh, of course he didn't. If he had, Lakes would have been invited and he'd have spilled the beans :)""

Now thats priceless.:D PL

fargocyclone
12-13-2007, 05:13 PM

Can you give the angry elf rep?? If you could, he'd have plenty for that one! :nod:

56BISON73
12-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Can you give the angry elf rep?? If you could, he'd have plenty for that one! :nod:

Yes you can give him reps. I did:nod: . PL

RedRiver
12-14-2007, 12:19 AM
SIU Coach Jumps to NIU

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/cs-071213niu,1,2147714.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Bison_Pride
12-14-2007, 03:54 AM
The Houston Cougar job was filled too.

How about we just change the name of this topic to Coaches moving?

sambini
12-14-2007, 04:13 AM
The Michigan job is still open. Fallout from that could be interesting? Say Ferentz from Iowa would get it etc..

devin45k
12-14-2007, 04:28 AM
Oh man, I have been more worried about Bohl leaving than my finals this week

NDSUstudent
12-14-2007, 11:52 PM
The Duke job has been filled...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3155086

BlueBisonRock
12-15-2007, 03:31 AM
Bohl is an excellent coach.
Bohl is an intellegent man.
Bohl is respected and admired in his current role at NDSU.
Bohl is NOT going to leave NDSU for a position at North West South Eastern Podunk State College. (See point 2)
NDSU needs and wants Coach Bohl to stick.
Coach Bohl needs and wants what the NDSU BISON can deliver.

I thought this thread was going to go away. PLEASE, lets let this post be the last post. Unless there is a valid offer from a quality team!

NDSUstudent
12-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry for bumping this thread but the info on this post just had to be repeated now that Dale has ridden his white horse out of town....

56BISON73
12-28-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm sorry for bumping this thread but the info on this post just had to be repeated now that Dale has ridden his white horse out of town....

OHHHHH NOOOOOoooooo
Now that UND needs a head coach is Bohl in the running for that job also??? I mean why wouldnt he want to go thru another 5 years of transition and take another school to the promised land. Sure would look good on his resume. :D PL

TheDoctor
12-28-2007, 06:35 PM
OHHHHH NOOOOOoooooo
Now that UND needs a head coach is Bohl in the running for that job also??? I mean why wouldnt he want to go thru another 5 years of transition and take another school to the promised land. Sure would look good on his resume. :D PL

:rofl: PL! :rofl:

TheDoctor
12-28-2007, 06:38 PM
OHHHHH NOOOOOoooooo

I think what he meant is Dale has been referred in the post to riding a "white horse" and STUDENT thought it was funny to bring it back to the surface to say Dale is riding the "white horse" straight out of town. Right student? ;)

UTH
12-28-2007, 06:44 PM
OHHHHH NOOOOOoooooo

Looks like his name has already come up again... [linky (http://www.dozirulf.com/)]

*will they ever learn?

NDSUstudent
12-28-2007, 07:04 PM
I think what he meant is Dale has been referred in the post to riding a "white horse" and STUDENT thought it was funny to bring it back to the surface to say Dale is riding the "white horse" straight out of town. Right student? ;)

Yep, I thought it was funny that lennon was telling recuits Bohl had his bags all packed and ready but then he is the one who ends up riding his white horse right out of El Forko Grande.

Mr. Burgundy
12-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I am very interested if the UND verbal commits will now back out and begin looking at the other schools that were looking at them. They include the following: Augie, Crookston, USD, Mary, and Devils Lake CC.

TheDoctor
12-28-2007, 07:33 PM
I am very interested if the UND verbal commits will now back out and begin looking at the other schools that were looking at them. They include the following: Augie, Crookston, USD, Mary, and Devils Lake CC.

:rofl: It's too easy isn't it! :rofl:

tony
12-28-2007, 08:08 PM

Talk about karma in action. SCSU coach says Bohl is leaving. SCSU coach gets "reassigned." UND coach says Bohl is leaving, UND coach leaves. How long before we find out where UNI's coach is going to end up?

aces1180
12-28-2007, 08:23 PM

Don't forget about Trinity Bible and MSCTC in Fergus Falls! :)

fargocyclone
12-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Looks like his name has already come up again... [linky (http://www.dozirulf.com/)]

*will they ever learn?

I fall for this every time!! :hide: Stop it!

bisonmike2
12-28-2007, 11:05 PM

*will they ever learn?

Uggh! Again.

extremerouge
12-28-2007, 11:13 PM

*will they ever learn?
damn! I got Rick Rolled twice! and to think i trusted you....

UTH
12-28-2007, 11:21 PM
damn! I got Rick Rolled twice! and to think i trusted you....

Sorry, last time - I swear. :hide: :hide: :hide: Sometimes, the urge is simply overwhelming! I've fallen for it myself just enough times that I wave the arrow over it and double / triple check to make sure that the stupid song won't fire up. :blush: Last time, I swear!

Mr. Burgundy
12-29-2007, 10:14 PM
The coached we slapped around at Central Michigan this year is probably going to take the West Virginia job. Pretty amazing how good CMU was this year after we treated them like a D2 stepchild.

sambini
12-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Then who will replace him. The Grand Valley guy who also runs the spread offense?

Mandan_Herd_Fan
12-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Bohl's name comes up on CMU forum.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=340&f=2793&t=1727242

imabison
12-31-2007, 10:00 PM

Personally I do not think Craig Bohl will go to CMU, I have not info, just a feeling. Pat Simmers says he could easily be here for 5 years. Then again he could be gone Monday. Anyones guess is as good as that. :) :)

Tatanka
12-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Just my $0.03, but if they're looking for someone to come in and run the spread offense, I'm not thinking Bohl is the guy. Not that he couldn't, but from what he's said about the spread on the coach's shows, he'd rather run naked from Fargo to Grand Forks and back in January than coach a gimmicky offense.

TransAmBison
01-01-2008, 03:37 AM
Just my $0.03, but if they're looking for someone to come in and run the spread offense, I'm not thinking Bohl is the guy. Not that he couldn't, but from what he's said about the spread on the coach's shows, he'd rather run naked from Fargo to Grand Forks and back in January than coach a gimmicky offense.
Love it. Rep sent your way big guy.

extremerouge
01-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Love it. Rep sent your way big guy.
whoa, big swinger is up to four lit boxes!

TransAmBison
01-01-2008, 03:36 PM
whoa, big swinger is up to four lit boxes!
Yeah, thanks mainly to the likes of Bisonguy, Tatanka, and UNDThunderingherd. When those guys give out some rep it really counts!

BlueBisonRock
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah, thanks mainly to the likes of Bisonguy, Tatanka, and UNDThunderingherd. When those guys give out some rep it really counts!

And your reps arn't exactly chopped liver!

NDSUstudent
01-03-2008, 07:20 PM

WVU hires their interim coach, so the CMU job will not open up....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3178538

onbison09
01-03-2008, 08:12 PM
great hire I think by WVU. Those kids really bought into the system and goal of winning a bowl game. Stoops also said, "It's about time they take that interiem tag off." (and that was before the game) But apparently he got fired at Virginia Military Institute for using a racial slur towards a black player, that would concern me.