PDA

View Full Version : Woody to the NBA????

TheDoctor
11-24-2007, 05:03 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/184308

Not for a couple years at least! ;)

Jdubs21
11-24-2007, 06:54 PM
i dont like when talk like this starts to early, thats gotta be alot to take in when u literally are only half way through your college career

TheDoctor
11-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I agree. My thread thread title was a little tongue and cheek to say the least. ;)

Jdubs21
11-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Haha yeah i wasnt sayin it was a bad thread, i was jsut stating i dont like to talk about stuff like this so early in his career....cuz he has played to full seasons and has damn near 2 full seasons left minus 4 or 5 games

TheDoctor
11-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Haha yeah i wasnt sayin it was a bad thread, i was jsut stating i dont like to talk about stuff like this so early in his career....cuz he has played to full seasons and has damn near 2 full seasons left minus 4 or 5 games

I agree 100%. He went off the other night and someone at the forum was looking for an article to write...so they figured now is as good of a time as any to write this one. Too bad. ;)

99Bison
11-25-2007, 03:31 AM
Ah... don't really think he will get much of a shot if any.

TheDoctor
11-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Agreed. he reminds me a lot of Jeff Boschee who got no shot because of his size. ;)

lakesbison
11-25-2007, 04:42 AM
Sat And Chatted With Jeff Nordgaards Dad And Sis 4 Awhile At Uwgb Game. . . Jeff Was All American, From Dawson Minn. And Drafted By Mil. Bucks And Now Plays In Poland. After Da Game 2nite, They Said EASILY PLAYS IN EUROPE. . . and should be borderline draft. . . if ndsu could make NCAA.S he.d be a cinch.

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
11-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Remember, the NBA is the ultimate, you have to be one of the best in the entire world. If Woodhead doesn't make the NBA, the possibilities are endless...the NBDL, CBA, ABA, etc. Also overseas and a lot of minor leagues as well. If he is religious he can tour with Athletes in Action. I see a career for Ben in basketball, only if he wants it to happen. With basketball, you never know when your going to get your next break, when you might get waived, etc. With a steady "regular" job, you know your going to get paid and you have some stability so he might just go for that.

TheDoctor
11-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Remember, the NBA is the ultimate, you have to be one of the best in the entire world. If Woodhead doesn't make the NBA, the possibilities are endless...the NBDL, CBA, ABA, etc. Also overseas and a lot of minor leagues as well. If he is religious he can tour with Athletes in Action. I see a career for Ben in basketball, only if he wants it to happen. With basketball, you never know when your going to get your next break, when you might get waived, etc. With a steady "regular" job, you know your going to get paid and you have some stability so he might just go for that.

Woodhead??? Is that an insult or did you mean to type Woodside? ;)

SDSUJack3031
11-27-2007, 04:47 AM
He's good and he'll get his shots over seas. I still think NBA is very unlikely but crazier things have happened. Looking forward to watching him and the other two play at SDSU. Hopefully I'll make the game up in Fargo.

This is nitpicking but still....I just had to point this out this article was terrible:

Woodside accomplishes all this while playing nearly every minute of the game – with knees sore from tendonitis. After penetrating the lane on offense, "Woodside sprints back on defense to find the player he has to guard."

and

"The Phoenix showed that in a 76-75 home win over Oakland (Mich.) – a team picked to finish third in The Summit League, one spot ahead of the Bison. The Phoenix showed signs in losses to high-major teams like Ohio State (91-68) and Massachussetts (70-50)."

I don't care who the teams are. Losing by 23 and 20 means you're still not that good.

lakesbison
11-28-2007, 06:57 PM
woody is still #4 in scoring in Division 1 I think.. behind Gordon Indiana Beasley KSU

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncb/statistics NDSU #24 as a team