PDA

View Full Version : Fix tackling

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-21-2007, 11:26 AM
We need to fix our tackling, we shouldn't be tackling like elementry kids! The Bison need to quit hitting the ball carrier with their shoulders! It's so simple, just wrap your arms around either their legs, or their waste. If we can fix our tackling before next season, we might go undefeated.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2007, 01:22 PM
We need to fix our tackling, we shouldn't be tackling like elementry kids! The Bison need to quit hitting the ball carrier with their shoulders! It's so simple, just wrap your arms around either their legs, or their waste. If we can fix our tackling before next season, we might go undefeated.

does Ramon and Mays have to give more lessons??:confused:

aces1180
11-21-2007, 01:23 PM
I have to agree...David Earl's tackle on the 4th and 1 play really looked a lot like something Deion Sanders would have done. If he wraps up, its 1st and 10, with the Bison still leading 24-23.

bisonmike2
11-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I have to agree...David Earl's tackle on the 4th and 1 play really looked a lot like something Deion Sanders would have done. If he wraps up, its 1st and 10, with the Bison still leading 24-23.

That was the worst of 4 missed tackles on the 1 play alone. You can't expect to take down a power runner by throwing a shoulder at him. The whole game was an exibition on how not to tackle and wrap up with a side lesson on how not to hold on to the football. We were making mistakes that normally happen the first game of the year.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-21-2007, 04:31 PM

My 10 year son posted this thread all by himself. I've never been more proud of him!!! :)

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2007, 04:40 PM
My 10 year son posted this thread all by himself. I've never been more proud of him!!! :)

Hope he's on the field and will we see him in 8-10 years in the FD???

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Hope he's on the field and will we see him in 8-10 years in the FD???

One can only dream..........

Bison53
11-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Be carefull! Can't be talking to future prospects.

Bisonfan1
11-21-2007, 05:35 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SlickVic
11-21-2007, 06:30 PM

what about prospects of the past?? 1973 coach K would roll over in his grave...with players like #92 simmers steam rolling people on the practice field...but remember that 73 team also featured a legendary all-american center #56 patrick long aka "PL." id give 10 years of my life to see these 2 great warriors lock horns on the practice field in a battle of bison legends...i'd give 20 years of my life if i could see them lock horns now

56BISON73
11-21-2007, 06:34 PM
what about prospects of the past?? 1973 coach K would roll over in his grave...with players like #92 simmers steam rolling people on the practice field...but remember that 73 team also featured a legendary all-american center #56 patrick long aka "PL." id give 10 years of my life to see these 2 great warriors lock horns on the practice field in a battle of bison legends...i'd give 20 years of my life if i could see them lock horns now

Slick if you gave up 20 years of your life you would be back in your old mans loins. :D

But yes it would be an epic battle. Simmers with two knee replacement. Me with a hip replacement and back surgery I could see us now. Stairing accross the grill at each other figuring out who gets the last keilbasa. PL

BisManBison
11-21-2007, 06:39 PM

He'll be an academic All-American too with the writing and grammar skills he already has!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
He'll be an academic All-American too with the writing and grammar skills he already has!

They teach them a hell of a lot more now, and at a younger age, than they did when we were in school. Trust me, I have to put up with the homework battles every night. :banghead:

Without trying to brag, he is a straight A student.

onbison09
11-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I complained about our tackling all year and it came back to bite us. It seemed like guys were going for kill shots instead of wrapping up. The kill shots look great on the highlight shows but if you miss you pay. That punt return was also some disgusting tackling.

BisManBison
11-21-2007, 07:26 PM
They teach them a hell of a lot more now, and at a younger age, than they did when we were in school. Trust me, I have to put up with the homework battles every night. :banghead:

Without trying to brag, he is a straight A student.

That is not surprising. Seriously, and sadly I might add, he really does have better writing and grammar skills than some of the kids coming out of college that I work with. Most of those are engineers and don't like to write, but you'd think they would still be able to compose a complete sentence in 1 out of 10 "sentences" they write. He has a bright future in front of him!

bisonmike2
11-21-2007, 07:28 PM
word spell/grammer check ruined me. any 2nd grader could beat me in a spelling bee.

TheDoctor
11-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Slick if you gave up 20 years of your life you would be back in your old mans loins. :D

But yes it would be an epic battle. Simmers with two knee replacement. Me with a hip replacement and back surgery I could see us now. Stairing accross the grill at each other figuring out who gets the last keilbasa. PL

PL....I am not going to lie, I'd pay to see you too lock horns over the last piece of pizza too. ;)

SlickVic
11-21-2007, 09:38 PM
i cant wait to debut my new signiture image im not going to lie...

BlueBisonRock
11-21-2007, 11:39 PM
i cant wait to debut my new signiture image im not going to lie...

SVic: Should we give thanks? ;)

:cheers:

56BISON73
11-21-2007, 11:43 PM
PL....I am not going to lie, I'd pay to see you too lock horns over the last piece of pizza too. ;)

Now GOOD PIZZA is my favorite. I dont know who would come out on top. But one thing is for sure. It wouldnt be pretty. :D PL