PDA

View Full Version : When will we know if Bohl stays?

HerdBot
11-21-2007, 03:32 AM
It's not fair to keep everyone in suspense and the program needs to move forward. After Bowl season?

roadwarrior
11-21-2007, 03:33 AM
The only suspense is that created by posts here.

TheDoctor
11-21-2007, 04:44 AM
Good call Road...we should assume he is our coach unless we hear otherwise. ;)

56BISON73
11-21-2007, 04:51 AM
The only suspense is that created by posts here.

Road I couldnt agree more. PL

56BISON73
11-21-2007, 04:52 AM
It's not fair to keep everyone in suspense and the program needs to move forward. After Bowl season?

WHOs keeping everyone in suspense??????PL

HerdBot
11-21-2007, 04:54 AM
Good call Road...we should assume he is our coach unless we hear otherwise. ;)

Very true! Wasn't he supposed to leave last year? We all just love the guy so we're assuming he's going to leave. He could very well be here next year.

WYOBISONMAN
11-21-2007, 05:07 AM
Right now it is all speculation, but remember, Bohl was a hot commodity last year and is even hotter this year. If I were to place a wager, I would say that when the NCAA coaching shuffle is in full swing he gets an offer he can't refuse.

HerdBot
11-21-2007, 06:02 AM
Right now it is all speculation, but remember, Bohl was a hot commodity last year and is even hotter this year. If I were to place a wager, I would say that when the NCAA coaching shuffle is in full swing he gets an offer he can't refuse.

If he was a hot commodity last year than why was he not offered a better deal? Why is he still our coach? Just because he's a big deal here doesn't mean he's a big deal elsewhere.

bisonmike2
11-21-2007, 01:57 PM
I would bet that if Bohl leaves he will already be gone before we hear anything. He's not going to make a circus of it and we won't see him juggle between staying and going like Miles did with the Carolina job.

UTH
11-21-2007, 02:17 PM

I agree. Let's make him have a weekly press conference addressing the issue of his employment and career plans.

Thundering_Herd
11-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I agree. Let's make him have a weekly press conference addressing the issue of his employment and career plans.

Indeed. And to take it a step further........all contact and offers must first go through his agent, UND Thundering Herd, for approval!

extremerouge
11-21-2007, 02:44 PM
for a second i thought UND thundering herd replied to and quoted himself

UTH
11-21-2007, 03:01 PM
for a second i thought UND thundering herd replied to and quoted himself

That's been getting me quite a bit. (Hey, I don't remember posting in that thread / I didn't write that!) :hide:

CaBisonFan
11-21-2007, 06:15 PM

Assuming that the school interested in Bohl is in a 'bowl,' then I would say immediately after the bowl game...meaning, within days or a week.

If it's not a bowl team...then it could happen any time.

I'm really not in-the-know about this...but I think that most coaches would want to move by mid to late January...or thereabouts...to get involved with some of the remaining recruiting time and to get organized for spring ball. The sooner the better.

After the holidays would be my opinion in the case of a bowl team. With others...any old time...but before the end of January.

This is a fair question. It could be very soon. It would be nice to know...wouldn't it?

BisManBison
11-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Assuming that the school interested in Bohl is in a 'bowl,' then I would say immediately after the bowl game...meaning, within days or a week.

If it's not a bowl team...then it could happen any time.

I'm really not in-the-know about this...but I think that most coaches would want to move by mid to late January...or thereabouts...to get involved with some of the remaining recruiting time and to get organized for spring ball. The sooner the better.

After the holidays would be my opinion in the case of a bowl team. With others...any old time...but before the end of January.

This is a fair question. It could be very soon. It would be nice to know...wouldn't it?

I agree it will likely happen sooner rather than later. Any school with a solid program is going to want a new coaching staff in place ASAP for recruiting purposes. If nothing happens before mid-January, we probably can expect to keep Bohl for 2008 IMHO.