PDA

View Full Version : Postseason?

Bison101
11-18-2007, 10:20 PM
With the loss to SDSU, our winning streak snapped, our undefeated record out the window, and our hopes crushed, is there ANY chance of playing in a Bowl or a bid in the playoffs? Do you think Gene will even continue his petition to the NCAA?

56BISON73
11-18-2007, 10:36 PM
With the loss to SDSU, our winning streak snapped, our undefeated record out the window, and our hopes crushed, is there ANY chance of playing in a Bowl or a bid in the playoffs? Do you think Gene will even continue his petition to the NCAA?

There was no chance to make the playoffs in the first place. My hopes werent crushed so I dont know to what you are referring. Plus there is no petitioning. PL

Bison101
11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
There was no chance to make the playoffs in the first place. My hopes werent crushed so I dont know to what you are referring. Plus there is no petitioning. PL

Yeah, but what was that thing about Mr. Taylor asking the NCAA for some kind of a postseason? Was it something about a bowl?

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
56Bison73.....were you in Grumpy Old Men?

onbison09
11-18-2007, 10:40 PM
He's referring to Gene calling the NCAA and just asking if there was any chance. (Might as well call) But any slim/none chance is blown out of the water

56BISON73
11-18-2007, 10:42 PM

No I wasnt but I sure liked the movie. Other than that A question was asked and I answered with a REALISTIC answer. Might not have been what people wanted to hear. Sorry if Im a straight shooter and dont add alot of fluff. PL

56BISON73
11-18-2007, 10:48 PM
He's referring to Gene calling the NCAA and just asking if there was any chance. (Might as well call) But any slim/none chance is blown out of the water

There wasnt any chance before we lost. Gene was calling the NCAA to see if there was a loop hole or any other options because that is his job. PL

onbison09
11-18-2007, 10:51 PM
That's why I said slim/none. When are they announced anyways?

56BISON73
11-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Bowl games or the play off bracketts? PL

NDSUFREAK
11-18-2007, 11:50 PM
there never was a chance of going to a bowl even if we were undefeated

NDSUFREAK
11-18-2007, 11:51 PM
yeah, that seems right :D

56BISON73
11-18-2007, 11:56 PM
there never was a chance of going to a bowl even if we were undefeated

Well done. You got one correct.:D :D LOL PL

PantherHawk
11-18-2007, 11:57 PM

Playoffs are all set in stone, Bro!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3117576

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/m...6_dyn/2007/FCS

PantherHawk
11-18-2007, 11:59 PM

Hes been in them more than you know.

Bison bison
11-19-2007, 12:00 AM
there is nothing to petition.

post season games like those played by NEC/Pioneer and the SWAC have to approved by the NCAA prior to the beginning of the season.

56BISON73
11-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Hes been in them more than you know.
You going to start your gay rants on the public board now???LOL :D PL

Mr. Burgundy
11-19-2007, 01:39 AM
*Delaware (8-3)
Friday, ESPN, 1:30 p.m.
Delaware St. (10-1)

Check that out!!!!! So about two weeks ago ESPN does a special on the two schools that are 45 minutes from eachother. THEY HAVE NEVER PLAYED EACHOTHER IN FOOTBALL. ESPN was pushing for them to play, as it would be a nice rivalry. Deleware is a mostly "white" school and obviously Deleware State is not. There is alot of differences that the special showcased that will make this a fun game to watch. Interesting that ESPN has that much power. It is like in the NCAA tourney when they typically place an old coach against his old team in the 1st round....funny how it works out. I guess I will have to watch.

56BISON73
11-19-2007, 01:50 AM
*Delaware (8-3)
Delaware St. (10-1)

Check that out!!!!! So about two weeks ago ESPN does a special on the two schools that are 45 minutes from eachother. THEY HAVE NEVER PLAYED EACHOTHER IN FOOTBALL. ESPN was pushing for them to play, as it would be a nice rivalry. Deleware is a mostly "white" school and obviously Deleware State is not. There is alot of differences that the special showcased that will make this a fun game to watch. Interesting that ESPN has that much power. It is like in the NCAA tourney when they typically place an old coach against his old team in the 1st round....funny how it works out. I guess I will have to watch.

Is that this coming friday??? PL

tcbison
11-19-2007, 02:43 AM
*Delaware (8-3)
Delaware St. (10-1)

Nice find. I know that ESPN had a special about it a while ago but I never saw it. I think it is pretty funny that it will be on ESPN. I assume that Delaware St. will be the underdog so I will be cheering for them. Plus I like to cheer for the State schools.

onbison09
11-19-2007, 02:44 AM
Nice find. I know that ESPN had a special about it a while ago but I never saw it. I think it is pretty funny that it will be on ESPN. I assume that Delaware St. will be the underdog so I will be cheering for them. Plus I like to cheer for the State schools.
Go Delaware State!!! They've been ducked way too long.

Thundering_Herd
11-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Yes, ESPN did a nice story on that. Hopefully DSU puts it to UD.

On antoher note, it's great to see the Bison at #64 in the Sagarin Ratings, #3 for FCS schools! http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt07.htm

Saturday was a great atmosphere. I can't wait to have home playoff games again. It was just tremendous to see the fan support for this team at an away game.

02Bison
11-19-2007, 03:05 AM

No, No, No...stop beating a dead horse. NDSU isn't eligible for playoffs. FCS is the championship series, not the bowl series. All this bringing up playoffs and bowl games is just an overzealous train of thought given the facts of the Bison situation.

Bison bison
11-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Plus I like to cheer for the State schools.

?

Cheer for Delaware, they are the 1862 land grant. Delaware state is an HBCU.