PDA

View Full Version : I'm annoyed now

HerdBot
11-18-2007, 05:57 PM
I watched the Craig Bohal football show and Shamen didn't fumble the 2nd half kickoff. That was a game changing play. Oh well, woulda coulda shoulda. I apologize to Shamen for cursing him and calling him a sissy for not being able to deal with the cold since he's from Florida! :)

To think we still had a chance to win after a blocked punt, a punt return for a fumble, and the Roehl fumble.

We're that good.

jimmyjack
11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I watched the Craig Bohal football show and Shamen didn't fumble the 2nd half kickoff. That was a game changing play. Oh well, woulda coulda shoulda.

To think we still had a chance to win after a blocked punt, a punt return for a fumble, and the Roehl fumble.

We're that good.

Here we go. So much for the "Jacks were better that day" line after the game. Now it's going to be the referees' fault. This is the second thread here with that theme emerging.

Odd... I didn't hear Coach Bohl or any of your players say that.

HerdBot
11-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Here we go. So much for the "Jacks were better that day" line after the game. Now it's going to be the referees' fault. This is the second thread here with that theme emerging.

I'm not saying the Jacks weren't better that day. Football is game of a few plays. As far as we know, we could have gone 3 and out. Or maybe we would have scored a TD? All I know is that was a game changing fumble. Instead of having the chance to drive and take the lead we handed you guys an easy field goal. We've had a few go our way too. I ask you this. What if the Jacks fumbled the opening kickoff and it really didn't happen. WOuld yuo be pissed? We lost and it's because the Jacks are good. We could have won despite all the turnovers but like I said woulda could shoulda... congrats!

Tatanka
11-18-2007, 06:02 PM
settle down there. No, the officiating did NOT lose the game for the Bison. Were there some dubious calls? yes, all game, for both teams. The Jacks executed their gameplan better than the Bison executed their gameplan and won the game. period. <EOF>

bisonpride2k
11-18-2007, 06:20 PM
The Jacks won the game fair and square. But as a Bison fan we played a rather poor game and had a lot of mistakes that we made ourselves no matter who we were playing. I dont want to take anything away from SDSU because they brought there A game and pushed us around at the line of scrimage for most of the game but how many times were there guys unblocked comming in on the edge with one of our lineman looking dumbfounded. The blocked punt a guy came right up the middle untouched. Shoddy tackling on the punt return. Not alot of wraping up on first contact on their running backs. Walker continually flirting with disaster on about 4 throws where he just made a bad throw. It took a mistake ridden game by us and SDSU playing virtually a mistake free game for them to get us.

One thing I do want to commend the Jacks on was how much they must have stressed wrapping the legs on Roehl when they tackeld him. He never had a chance to break many one on one tackles and go for another 20 yards after contact. Even if they couldnt bring him down they tangeled up his feet until reinforcements arrived.

JackJD
11-18-2007, 06:43 PM
This Jackrabbit team, regardless of the 0-3 start, has athletes that are very good on the basic fundamentals like wrapping up a guy and finishing the tackle. You rarely saw a Jackrabbit this season just hit a guy with a shoulder and expect him to go down. I suppose practicing against people like Koenig helps cement that in one's mind -- Koenig goes sideways faster than most running backs go forward so you have to wrap up his legs to stop him. A prime example was when he was hit hard on the line but not wrapped up so he bounces a little to the side and heads off for a touchdown.

Our defense was very focused on Roehl. He's considered the best running back we were going to see all season.

I was a little surprised we didn't see more done with Heckendorf. Man, that guy scares me. It seems like the Bison didn't try to get him the ball very often. Why is that?

HerdBot
11-18-2007, 06:44 PM
The Jacks won the game fair and square. But as a Bison fan we played a rather poor game and had a lot of mistakes that we made ourselves no matter who we were playing. I dont want to take anything away from SDSU because they brought there A game and pushed us around at the line of scrimage for most of the game but how many times were there guys unblocked comming in on the edge with one of our lineman looking dumbfounded. The blocked punt a guy came right up the middle untouched. Shoddy tackling on the punt return. Not alot of wraping up on first contact on their running backs. Walker continually flirting with disaster on about 4 throws where he just made a bad throw. It took a mistake ridden game by us and SDSU playing virtually a mistake free game for them to get us.

One thing I do want to commend the Jacks on was how much they must have stressed wrapping the legs on Roehl when they tackeld him. He never had a chance to break many one on one tackles and go for another 20 yards after contact. Even if they couldnt bring him down they tangeled up his feet until reinforcements arrived.

I agree to an extent. Here's a fact that kills me. We committed 3 more turnovers and allowed a blocked punt and a returned punt for a TD on the road and we STILL had a GREAT chance to win. Props to the Jacks! You can't make those mistakes against a great team and they deserved to win yesterday but I'd take us in a rematch. We were only 1 play away from winning. I think if the Jacks had made that many mistakes we would have blown them away by 3 TD's.

bisonpride2k
11-18-2007, 06:56 PM
I was a little surprised we didn't see more done with Heckendorf. Man, that guy scares me. It seems like the Bison didn't try to get him the ball very often. Why is that?

They have never tried to get the ball to any specific receiver all year. One game Heckendorf has the most catches then another its Belquist.

NDSUFREAK
11-18-2007, 06:58 PM
i will say the officiating was crap

Gully
11-18-2007, 10:12 PM

Jack's played well and deserved to win. If you watch the replay, however, Shamen Washington was clearly down. Worse, the ref was looking right at it and could see the contact and then the ball coming out as he hit the ground. It happened right in front where we were sitting.

It's disappointing for sure but it's very difficult to go through seasons undefeated. You're going to run into hot teams and have games where you turn the ball over three times, have a punt blocked, and give up a punt return for a TD and still almost win.

Given that I think we're in great shape for the future. Can't wait 'till next year!!

pantherhawkrolling
11-19-2007, 04:13 AM
I am not trying to stir the pot, but I am reading through these posts and I am a bit tired of hearing how SDSU is a 'great' team. They are a good team; a 7-4 record generally equates to good (though I am sure that there are exceptions). If SDSU is 'great', than there are probably 25 great teams in FCS. NDSU is a great FCS team, UNI is a great FCS team, Appalachian State and Massachusetts are great FCS teams. SDSU is a solid, well-coached, phsyical program that rose to the challenge and narrowly beat a team that is better than it on its homefield. But they are not explosive or dominant. If they were 'great' than they would have won more games on the year.

Thundering_Herd
11-19-2007, 04:25 AM
Yes, pantherhawkrolling, I definitely agree. I hate to refer back to last year, but if they were a 'great' team they certainly would not have lost to a DIII team at home, as they did last season. Can you imagine a DIII team coming into the F-Dome???

The Bison made a number of mistakes on Sat. and still had a great chance of winning it.

SDbison
11-19-2007, 04:32 AM
I am not trying to stir the pot, but I am reading through these posts and I am a bit tired of hearing how SDSU is a 'great' team. They are a good team; a 7-4 record generally equates to good (though I am sure that there are exceptions). If SDSU is 'great', than there are probably 25 great teams in FCS. NDSU is a great FCS team, UNI is a great FCS team, Appalachian State and Massachusetts are great FCS teams. SDSU is a solid, well-coached, phsyical program that rose to the challenge and narrowly beat a team that is better than it on its homefield. But they are not explosive or dominant. If they were 'great' than they would have won more games on the year.
Nice post panther......some on this board have a nice guy complex and if they competed themselves they would be 0-11 at most anything. Sorry, nothing good in losing. SDSU played well, got some breaks and won. BFD, except it sucks to lose and especially to them. If I would have not been able to hear anything about how well NDSU did until the end of this season, and somebody said NDSU went 10-1, I would have guessed the loss was to Minnesota, Central Michigan or Cal Poly, not SDSU. They were 0-3 this year against Gateway competition and NDSU was 2-0.

56BISON73
11-19-2007, 05:55 AM

PHR
I dont think I have seen anyone refer to SDSU as a GREAT team but other than that cant agree with you more. PL

HerdBot
11-19-2007, 06:52 AM

Thank you for saying that. If I say it I'm a jerk not giving them any credit. If you say it it's true. SDSU is a very good team that benefited from our mistakes and played well enough to win. I respect the hell out of our rivals to the south but I think we're getting a little carried away with the respect. Both teams can't wait to play UNI! ALthough head to head SDSU beat us and you guys beat them. Of course divisional games are always close.

Jdubs21
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
If the game was based on who really is the more talented team the bison would win hands down, but SDSU played with way more heart and determination that we have the past few weeks, how many time can u win when you deced to start playing mid 4th quarter, SD hands down wanted it more than we did, congrats SDSU cant wait for the rematch next year :D

jimmyjack
11-19-2007, 12:38 PM

I can't argue with that. UNI was a great team that easily handled SDSU at Coughlin. Of our four losses, you could argue that we should have won three of those games. UNI was not one of them.

Worth noting that we're in our first year of full funding. Stig has recruited well and we'll be better next year. It takes a few years (as Bison fans know) for full funding to really pay off. In the meantime our secret weapon is effort and Stig is a master at getting great effort out of his players.

We're a good program. NDSU and UNI are great programs. We want to be there, but it'll take some more time.

Bisonfan1
11-19-2007, 12:52 PM
If the game was based on who really is the more talented team the bison would win hands down, but SDSU played with way more heart and determination that we have the past few weeks, how many time can u win when you deced to start playing mid 4th quarter, SD hands down wanted it more than we did, congrats SDSU cant wait for the rematch next year :D

The whole atmosphere reaked of the St Cloud State game from about 6 years ago, can everyone remember that one? Im not just taking the officiating, the weather, the tailgating, the stadium etc. SDSU did play with more heart and won the game. I cant remember a game where I noticed we were dominated at the line of scrimmage like the Bison were against SDSU. And yes the play calling did not seem on par with other games this year, very similiar to that of the ST Cloud State game. And for PL, an example would be when Shamon was lined up as a wideout and went in motion, everyone in the stadium knew what was going to happen on that play, including the entire SDSU defense that went left as soon as the ball was hiked. Why did they not use Shamon more in that capacity as a decoy to set up the real thing? I noticed a lot of stand up attempted arm tackling by the defense that I hadnt noticed all year long ? WTF. It was a very long 300 mile drive home. Congrats to SDSU.

Junior
11-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I watched the Craig Bohal football show and Shamen didn't fumble the 2nd half kickoff. That was a game changing play. Oh well, woulda coulda shoulda. I apologize to Shamen for cursing him and calling him a sissy for not being able to deal with the cold since he's from Florida! :)

We're that good.

His knee wasn't down when the ball hit the ground and came loose. It was a fumble.

Bison bison
11-19-2007, 01:24 PM
the fumble was not a game changing play.

the defense stood its ground, keeping the jacks to a field goal.

NDSU then started playing.

The game changing play was the 4th and 1 were Koenig bounced outside and scored.

HerdBot
11-19-2007, 01:37 PM
the fumble was not a game changing play.

the defense stood its ground, keeping the jacks to a field goal.

NDSU then started playing.

The game changing play was the 4th and 1 were Koenig bounced outside and scored.

You really don't think it was a game changing play? Instead of having all the momentum and driving for a TD to tie the game, they are handed a gift field goal and it's a 10 point game? Yes, our defense held them or else the game would have been over. I think it's game changing. We had them where we wanted them.

Junior
11-19-2007, 01:44 PM
We had them where we wanted them.

Pretty sure being down by 10 to start the 3rd quarter was not where we wanted them.

bisonhp330
11-19-2007, 01:46 PM
The Bison just didn't have a good game- period. The only people that blame a loss on the refs- are the ones that have always been in the stands and never played the game. The players and the coaches have the class and admit they just plain got outplayed on that day- its whiners like this that take the class out of the program- go up north and join the sue and fit right in.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
You really don't think it was a game changing play? Instead of having all the momentum and driving for a TD to tie the game, they are handed a gift field goal and it's a 10 point game? Yes, our defense held them or else the game would have been over. I think it's game changing. We had them where we wanted them.

You sound like the douche bags that were sitting behind me. "Are you worried yet??? and "Who? Joe Mays!!!" is what we kept hearing all game long. Of course they didn't have enough booze before the game so they brought more in with them. I don't think my 6 year old god son has ever heard the f-bomb dropped more in a 3 hour period than on Saturday. Of course, the icing on the cake was when our stud DT (Eric Schroeder) went down grasping his knee. They were all laughing and hoping he blew out his knee. One of these clowns apparently played for the Bison a few years ago and himself had 3 knee surgeries. His comment was, "I hope it's his and ACL and he's done for good." Most bison fans are classy but not these guys...

UTH
11-19-2007, 03:55 PM
You sound like the douche bags that were sitting behind me. "Are you worried yet??? and "Who? Joe Mays!!!" is what we kept hearing all game long. Of course they didn't have enough booze before the game so they brought more in with them. I don't think my 6 year old god son has ever heard the f-bomb dropped more in a 3 hour period than on Saturday. Of course, the icing on the cake was when our stud DT (Eric Schroeder) went down grasping his knee. They were all laughing and hoping he blew out his knee. One of these clowns apparently played for the Bison a few years ago and himself had 3 knee surgeries. His comment was, "I hope it's and ACL and he's done for good." Most bison fans are classy but not these guys...

Putting gabe in the same category as the guys you describe might be a bit unfair. Concerning the people in your post: Wow, that's ugly. You won't find anyone to defend them here. I'm sure we all understand that every sports team has fans like that.

Ve shood haf vays of dealing mit dem.

Bisonfan1
11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
You sound like the douche bags that were sitting behind me. "Are you worried yet??? and "Who? Joe Mays!!!" is what we kept hearing all game long. Of course they didn't have enough booze before the game so they brought more in with them. I don't think my 6 year old god son has ever heard the f-bomb dropped more in a 3 hour period than on Saturday. Of course, the icing on the cake was when our stud DT (Eric Schroeder) went down grasping his knee. They were all laughing and hoping he blew out his knee. One of these clowns apparently played for the Bison a few years ago and himself had 3 knee surgeries. His comment was, "I hope it's and ACL and he's done for good." Most bison fans are classy but not these guys...

Sorry you had to endure that kind of lanquage, behavior. A select few can tarnish alot. Thought I was going to be sick to my stomach watching him on the ground. I have a life long/career ending injury (not football related) and hate to see anyone get hurt as I know what someone may have to live with their entire life. Hope everything turns out ok for him.

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Sorry you had to endure that kind of lanquage, behavior. A select few can tarnish alot. Thought I was going to be sick to my stomach watching him on the ground. I have a life long/career ending injury (not football related) and hate to see anyone get hurt as I know what someone may have to live with their entire life. Hope everything turns out ok for him.

He returned to the game.

Eventually my buddy had enough (it was his 6 year old son) and asked them to tone it down. And, for the most part, they did. Not everyone in their group of 6 or so were being like this (just 3 of them).

footballfan
11-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Eric is having a MRI today or tomorrow, most likely is a torn mcl. He will be back and a little chip on his shoulder as how it happened.

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Thundering_Herd
11-19-2007, 05:27 PM
His knee wasn't down when the ball hit the ground and came loose. It was a fumble.

True, his knee wasn't down, but it still was not a fumble. His forearm and elbow came down on the ground, which is what caused the fumble. He should have been down right there.

Despite that bad call though, that's not the reason we lost. There were plenty of other plays that caused or lead to the loss. We should have never been in that position.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Eric is having a MRI today or tomorrow, most likely is a torn mcl. He will be back and a little chip on his shoulder as how it happened.

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Injuries (especially knee) are part of being in the trenches. Especially on the goal line or short yardage situations, where everyone is packed in.Are you saying the NDSU O Line intentionally hurt him? Players understand the risks involved.

TransAmBison
11-19-2007, 05:37 PM
All I can say is cograts to the Jacks. They brought a good game plan into the game and executed where needed. They brought a hard nosed defense on the field that did not let up. They played with a lot of heart. They were the better team. Congrats on the victory and enjoy it. The Bison had plenty to play for and gave it everything they had and the Jacks beat us. No excuses. Congrats to all the Jacks fans that visit this board. Very classy program and fans as far as I'm concerned.

jackrabbit1979
11-19-2007, 06:06 PM
You sound like the douche bags that were sitting behind me. "Are you worried yet??? and "Who? Joe Mays!!!" is what we kept hearing all game long. Of course they didn't have enough booze before the game so they brought more in with them. I don't think my 6 year old god son has ever heard the f-bomb dropped more in a 3 hour period than on Saturday. Of course, the icing on the cake was when our stud DT (Eric Schroeder) went down grasping his knee. They were all laughing and hoping he blew out his knee. One of these clowns apparently played for the Bison a few years ago and himself had 3 knee surgeries. His comment was, "I hope it's his and ACL and he's done for good." Most bison fans are classy but not these guys...

It was my six year old, and it's not like he hasn't heard the language before but it was getting pretty bad. The drinking in the stadium is excuseable, I can't say that I haven't done that before...but when I turned around to ask him politely to watch his mouth he basically told me in a obscenity filled rant that the game was on the radio and if I didn't like it I should take my family home to listen to it. I don't know if my son comprehended it completely, but imagine how that made my kid feel when he begged me to take him Saturday morning to the "championship game" because he had never seen the jacks play in one.

It was also the same fans (atleast one former Bison FB player if not all three) that cheered when the bison were flagged for unsportsmanlike on the field goal attempt for about five minutes after the play ended.

They also cheered, as RLIV mentioned, when Schroeder went down with his knee injury in the second half. In fact one said, "I hope its and ACL, when I played we were given extra wings the next week at BW3's if we took out any defensive linemen with ACL injuries." I hope he was joking, but I guess I can see now why NDSU has a reputation for being a little dirty with their blocking techniques on the lines. Either way, you would think a fellow player (or anybody for that matter) wouldn't mock an opponent down on the field.

This doesn't even mention the back and forth ribbing that was going on throughout the game. That I can expect from a rivalry game. And by no means do I think these fools are examples of the "bison nation" or we don't have idiot fans as well, I understand that you all have great fans. In fact, many of the others sitting around us fall into this category. It's just too bad we happened to sit right in front of the ones we did...

aces1180
11-19-2007, 06:55 PM
It was my six year old, and it's not like he hasn't heard the language before but it was getting pretty bad. The drinking in the stadium is excuseable, I can't say that I haven't done that before...but when I turned around to ask him politely to watch his mouth he basically told me in a obscenity filled rant that the game was on the radio and if I didn't like it I should take my family home to listen to it. I don't know if my son comprehended it completely, but imagine how that made my kid feel when he begged me to take him Saturday morning to the "championship game" because he had never seen the jacks play in one.

It was also the same fans (atleast one former Bison FB player if not all three) that cheered when the bison were flagged for unsportsmanlike on the field goal attempt for about five minutes after the play ended.

They also cheered, as RLIV mentioned, when Schroeder went down with his knee injury in the second half. In fact one said, "I hope its and ACL, when I played we were given extra wings the next week at BW3's if we took out any defensive linemen with ACL injuries." I hope he was joking, but I guess I can see now why NDSU has a reputation for being a little dirty with their blocking techniques on the lines. Either way, you would think a fellow player (or anybody for that matter) wouldn't mock an opponent down on the field.

This doesn't even mention the back and forth ribbing that was going on throughout the game. That I can expect from a rivalry game. And by no means do I think these fools are examples of the "bison nation" or we don't have idiot fans as well, I understand that you all have great fans. In fact, many of the others sitting around us fall into this category. It's just too bad we happened to sit right in front of the ones we did...

A reputation for playing a little dirty? What about what your guy did to our punter?

I agree though that some people don't act right at games...I had a great time in section J and had some really nice Jacks fans around me. The visits to the bathroom, however, were a little different. I thought I was going to get jumped by some SDSU students without provocation. Two of my buddies with me though, were guards at the state pen in Sioux Falls. ;) That could have been interesting.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2007, 07:17 PM

Bohl is the coach, and a professional. He was on TV in front of God and country. This is a chat room. It's a different thing.

The Jacks definitely deserved to win...but seeing how this is a Bison board...please allow us at least a few days of mourning, analysis, and debriefing.

We know that the Jacks earned the victory. OK?

If we were on the Jacks board and doing this...it would be totally inappropriate.

Most Bison fans have nothing but respect for the SDSU football team. But we also know how great this Bison team was...and we're trying to analyze what happened to that great team. They didn't show up. Yes...the Jacks took part of our game away from us...to their credit.

But we 'weren't' firing on all 8 cylinders. These are not excuses. These are facts. It's also a fact that a few of our 'gamers' were in street clothes. But we still could have won if we had just held onto the ball. Without some of our miscues...and without a few key injuries that happened late in the season...we might have done better...but that's what football is.

The Jacks made fewer mistakes. That's football too.

Tell me that some of this didn't go on at your board after last year's game...or after some of your other losses.

I'm not going onto the Jacks board to bring up anything. I didn't last year when the Bison won. Didn't visit or comment. I let the Jacks community do their thing. It hurts.

This is the best kind of rivalry. If there is such a thing...it's a friendly rivalry with 'respect.'

You're certainly welcome here...but please give us a few days, or a week, to vent. It's not a put-down on SDSU. We're just wondering where our team went.

It's called a 'discussion.'

In about a week we'll be discussing next year. The future is very bright. We return something like 19 starters and have an outstanding red-shirt class coming up. There's a running back or two that are going to light up the Gateway the next 4 years.

We'll be discussing that kind of stuff shortly.

jimmyjack
11-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Bohl is the coach, and a professional. He was on TV in front of God and country. This is a chat room. It's a different thing.

The Jacks definitely deserved to win...but seeing how this is a Bison board...please allow us at least a few days of mourning, analysis, and debriefing.

We know that the Jacks earned the victory. OK?

If we were on the Jacks board and doing this...it would be totally inappropriate.

Most Bison fans have nothing but respect for the SDSU football team. But we also know how great this Bison team was...and we're trying to analyze what happened to that great team. They didn't show up. Yes...the Jacks took part of our game away from us...to their credit.

But we 'weren't' firing on all 8 cylinders. These are not excuses. These are facts. It's also a fact that a few of our 'gamers' were in street clothes. But we still could have won if we had just held onto the ball. Without some of our miscues...and without a few key injuries that happened late in the season...we might have done better...but that's what football is.

The Jacks made fewer mistakes. That's football too.

Tell me that some of this didn't go on at your board after last year's game...or after some of your other losses.

I'm not going onto the Jacks board to bring up anything. I didn't last year when the Bison won. Didn't visit or comment. I let the Jacks community do their thing. It hurts.

This is the best kind of rivalry. If there is such a thing...it's a friendly rivalry with 'respect.'

You're certainly welcome here...but please give us a few days, or a week, to vent. It's not a put-down on SDSU. We're just wondering where our team went.

It's called a 'discussion.'

In about a week we'll be discussing next year. The future is very bright. We return something like 19 starters and have an outstanding red-shirt class coming up. There's a running back or two that are going to light up the Gateway the next 4 years.

We'll be discussing that kind of stuff shortly.

So... is that a polite way to ask us to leave? If it's a discussion, we're not welcome to discuss?

56BISON73
11-19-2007, 07:27 PM

""" "I hope its and ACL, when I played we were given extra wings the next week at BW3's if we took out any defensive linemen with ACL injuries."""

Hes a liar. Pure and simple. I wil also add that comments like that usually come from wannabes. People who have actually played the game dont NEED to make assinine statements like that. More pointently a former player NEVER would. Doubt that he actually played a snap.

I personally want to apoplogize. As a former player myself I want to say that the conduct of those assholes are not indicative of former Bison players ,fans or the Bison Nation as a whole. People like that make me sick!! :mad: :( PL

jimmyjack
11-19-2007, 07:28 PM
A reputation for playing a little dirty? What about what your guy did to our punter?

There's dirty and there's dumb. That was dumb.

I don't know anything about NDSU having any "reputation for playing a little dirty" and I've never heard anybody associated with the SDSU program say that.

90BISON
11-19-2007, 07:33 PM

You must have been they guys standing right behind myself, my step dad and my 9 year old daughter. I'm sorry but all the Jack's fans around us were very classy and had some nice civilized interaction with you guys during the game. I remember some of the comments you're talking about coming from those guys (yes, Bison fans) and quite frankly it pissed me off. If they were former players, it's even more embarrasing, because they would have been a textbook definition of poor sportsmanship. It's one thing to throw a few harmless barbs out now and then with the flow of the game, but the comment with the player that went down with the knee injury was over the top. Fortunately for both sides, I think those type of fans were the exception and not the rule from what I personally witnessed. See you guys next year.

aces1180
11-19-2007, 07:34 PM
There's dirty and there's dumb. That was dumb.

I don't know anything about NDSU having any "reputation for playing a little dirty" and I've never heard anybody associated with the SDSU program say that.

Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979
I hope he was joking, but I guess I can see now why NDSU has a reputation for being a little dirty with their blocking techniques on the lines.

Your fellow fan said it in a previous post. Personally, I think Coach Bohl wouldn't allow those techniques to be used.

jackrabbit1979
11-19-2007, 09:21 PM
You must have been they guys standing right behind myself, my step dad and my 9 year old daughter. I'm sorry but all the Jack's fans around us were very classy and had some nice civilized interaction with you guys during the game. I remember some of the comments you're talking about coming from those guys (yes, Bison fans) and quite frankly it pissed me off. If they were former players, it's even more embarrasing, because they would have been a textbook definition of poor sportsmanship. It's one thing to throw a few harmless barbs out now and then with the flow of the game, but the comment with the player that went down with the knee injury was over the top. Fortunately for both sides, I think those type of fans were the exception and not the rule from what I personally witnessed. See you guys next year.

That was us 90Bison, I remember your coat had the same line as your username. I had a feeling you guys felt the same way about the group behind us, but didn't say anything to you about it on Sat. You and your family definately fell into the other category of bison fans, classy all the way. I enjoyed the little conversation that we had through the game. I hope your daughters head is ok, I think I bumped her when we jumped up after the interception at the end of the game.

Hope to cross paths again.

90BISON
11-19-2007, 09:31 PM
That was us 90Bison, I remember your coat had the same line as your username. I had a feeling you guys felt the same way about the group behind us, but didn't say anything to you about it on Sat. You and your family definately fell into the other category of bison fans, classy all the way. I enjoyed the little conversation that we had through the game. I hope your daughters head is ok, I think I bumped her when we jumped up after the interception at the end of the game.

Hope to cross paths again.

Feeling is mutual. I obviously couldn't hear everthing they were saying, but heard enough of it that I was seriously thinking of going up and having a short conversation with them, kinda sad that you should have to get after your own fans. That is the great thing about having kids with you though, usually keep you from doing something stupid, while at the same time they get to see exactly what kind of fan not to be.:ranting:

bisonhp330
11-19-2007, 09:46 PM
""" "I hope its and ACL, when I played we were given extra wings the next week at BW3's if we took out any defensive linemen with ACL injuries."""

Hes a liar. Pure and simple. I wil also add that comments like that usually come from wannabes. People who have actually played the game dont NEED to make assinine statements like that. More pointently a former player NEVER would. Doubt that he actually played a snap.

I personally want to apoplogize. As a former player myself I want to say that the conduct of those assholes are not indicative of former Bison players ,fans or the Bison Nation as a whole. People like that make me sick!! :mad: :( PL

Good post- I would bet -if that was what was said- that this person never played a down- and was more than likely the rookie that came to camp, never gave a good look on scout team- and then got his jacket after the season- then goes to the parties saying he is the king of the team. I can think of at least 2 when I was there..........Don't judge us by those idiots- every team has them.
I like the rivalry- I don't mind driving 3 hrs for the game- great atmosphere- great fans- I would do it 10 times before driving up north.