PDA

View Full Version : BISON Nation...EAST SIDE

NDSUFREAK
11-18-2007, 04:18 AM
I had one hell of a time in the stands today even though we lost. I along with a friend and 4 other college students really got our section to wake up when needed. I was screaming so much that at halftime my head was throbbing in pain everytime i quit yelling. When we really wanted to the BISON fans were way louder than the sdsu fans. I would just say Invasion Accomplished +++++

HerdBot
11-18-2007, 04:27 AM
I had one hell of a time in the stands today even though we lost. I along with a friend and 4 other college students really got our section to wake up when needed. I was screaming so much that at halftime my head was throbbing in pain everytime i quit yelling. When we really wanted to the BISON fans were way louder than the sdsu fans. I would just say Invasion Accomplished +++++

Agreed man! My head hurts. Pulling 7-8K in the cold is impressive! We are hard core and some jack fans were impressed. Let's do it again next year! We're heading to Northern Iowa, Youngstown. Man, we should organize a bus deal NOW!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Bar invasion in downtown fargo ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

As far as the trips next year lets do it! GO BISON!

I'mWithNOSIB
11-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Ohh man, I couldn't tell you how much my head hurt during and after that game. I was the one on the 45 standing on the railing for the first downs. One quick question, did anyone else want to completely destroy the two wabbits that kept running up and down the East Side everytime the jacks scored?

It seems that there were some quality rabbits fans and there were some that you wanted to take out to the pasture and hunt. Anywho, nice work to all that showed up. I think we owned 2/3rds of the stadium.

jimmyjack
11-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Ohh man, I couldn't tell you how much my head hurt during and after that game. I was the one on the 45 standing on the railing for the first downs. One quick question, did anyone else want to completely destroy the two wabbits that kept running up and down the East Side everytime the jacks scored?

It seems that there were some quality rabbits fans and there were some that you wanted to take out to the pasture and hunt. Anywho, nice work to all that showed up. I think we owned 2/3rds of the stadium.

I doubt it was two-thirds. The west side holds almost 10,000, and it was about 90 percent Jacks' fans. The south end zone was almost all Jacks' fans. You guys had about 3/4 of the east grandstand plus the small north end zone and the 10 percent of the main grandstand. Probably 6,000 or so Bison fans, according to the SDSU ticket people.

Now as for noise... Your fans made at least half of the noise in the stadium.

EDIT: Sorry, I mistyped the first time. SDSU ticket people estimated 6,000 Bison fans.

99Bison
11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I doubt it was two-thirds. The west side holds almost 10,000, and it was about 90 percent Jacks' fans. The south end zone was almost all Jacks' fans. You guys had about 3/4 of the east grandstand plus the small north end zone and the 10 percent of the main grandstand. Probably 6,000 or so Bison fans, according to the SDSU ticket people.

Now as for noise... Your fans made at least half of the noise in the stadium.

EDIT: Sorry, I mistyped the first time. SDSU ticket people estimated 6,000 Bison fans.

Nope... In reality Bison fans were about 1/3 of the west side. 99% of east side, 75% of the N endzone, and 1% in the S end zone... and a good portion of the people standing.

jimmyjack
11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Nope... In reality Bison fans were about 1/3 of the west side. 99% of east side, 75% of the N endzone, and 1% in the S end zone... and a good portion of the people standing.

You reject reality and substitute your own (mythbusters reference).

So... you're going to tell me that Bison fans were a MAJORITY at our home game? There are 12 sections on our West grandstand. Bison fans were able to purchase tickets in 3 of those (J,K,L and were intermingled with Jacks' fans in those sections. So naturally, that's 1/3 of the west grandstand. OK. I'll give you the north end zone 75 percent... I would have given you 99 percent of that. As for the east side, it's funny because the south 20 percent of the east side was clapping during our fight song. So if they were Bison fans, they must be great fans of both teams.

You had a great turnout, probably 6,000 fans, at a rival's stadium. You fans were much more into the game than ours and probably taught a few of our fans a few things about how fans should support their team. Isn't that good enough?

EDIT: Removed snotty stuff.

Bisonguy
11-18-2007, 03:56 PM
I was going to say Bison fans made up about 35-40% of the crowd, so 6,000 sounds pretty close.

99Bison
11-18-2007, 04:20 PM

So... you're going to tell me that Bison fans were a MAJORITY at our home game? There are 12 sections on our West grandstand. Bison fans were able to purchase tickets in 3 of those (J,K,L and were intermingled with Jacks' fans in those sections. So naturally, that's 1/3 of the west grandstand. OK. I'll give you the north end zone 75 percent... I would have given you 99 percent of that. As for the east side, it's funny because the south 20 percent of the east side was clapping during our fight song. So if they were Bison fans, they must be great fans of both teams.

You had a great turnout, probably 6,000 fans, at a rival's stadium. You fans were much more into the game than ours and probably taught a few of our fans a few things about how fans should support their team. Isn't that good enough?

I didn't give any numbers, just the sections wearing green clothing (ie: Reality)?? What's the heartburn??

SDbison
11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
So if there were 6000 NDSU fans (give or take a 1000) at the game yesterday, and most drove nearly 200 miles, I would have to say NDSU has an awesome fan following! SDSU would love to have that kind of following from their own fans for a home game. As it is most SDSU grads in Sioux Falls could give a rip about Jacks games and even those slightly interested complain that it is so far to drive the 50 miles to Brookings.

bisonpride2k
11-18-2007, 05:07 PM

The 3 sections available to Bison fans was at least 95% bison fans. You also need to factor in that you had nearly a whole section roped off for your band where there was maybe 300 total people. Also factor in that along the fence on the east side it was 4 or more deep standing of 95% bison fans. It was about a 50/50 split.

Bison Dan
11-18-2007, 08:33 PM
The 3 sections available to Bison fans was at least 95% bison fans. You also need to factor in that you had nearly a whole section roped off for your band where there was maybe 300 total people. Also factor in that along the fence on the east side it was 4 or more deep standing of 95% bison fans. It was about a 50/50 split.

First off congratulations to the Jacks - The Bison have been only playing 1/2 of a football game for the last 3 weeks and against a good team it cost us.

As far as the number of fans go I have serious doubts the stadium holds 16,000. Look at the FD we have 2 sides like your west side and 2 large endzones and we hold 18,600 or so.

As far as crowd split I say we were very close to even - but think of it - if you through out the students we killed them with adult fans. If I was a SDSU fan I'd be very disappointed with that. I know if some team brought in as many fans to the FD as Bison fans I'd be embarrassed.

jimmyjack
11-18-2007, 08:54 PM
First off congratulations to the Jacks - The Bison have been only playing 1/2 of a football game for the last 3 weeks and against a good team it cost us.

As far as the number of fans go I have serious doubts the stadium holds 16,000. Look at the FD we have 2 sides like your west side and 2 large endzones and we hold 18,600 or so.

As far as crowd split I say we were very close to even - but think of it - if you through out the students we killed them with adult fans. If I was a SDSU fan I'd be very disappointed with that. I know if some team brought in as many fans to the FD as Bison fans I'd be embarrassed.

It does hold 16,000. We count them using turnstiles and don't "estimate" our attendance. And yeah... I'm disappointed that we set an attendance record, won the game, took the Dakota Marker, and won the conference.

If you want, we'll keep those things and let you guys have the attendance thing. So here you go: There were NO Jacks fans in our stadium yesterday. It was 100 percent Bison fans.

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Turnstiles? Seriously? I walked through a muddy area to an opening in a chain link fence and some guy with a cowboy hat took my ticket. Not knocking the team, but seriously, SDSU needs to learn how to run an event. I was expecting to walk in and see Garth Brooks performing on a center stage.

99Bison
11-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Turnstiles? Seriously? I walked through a muddy area to an opening in a chain link fence and some guy with a cowboy hat took my ticket. Not knocking the team, but seriously, SDSU needs to learn how to run an event. I was expecting to walk in and see Garth Brooks performing on a center stage.

No turnstile for me either.

56BISON73
11-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I cant figure out WHY the Bison attendence is a point of discussion. Is it supposed to make us feel better after we lost the game????

Its amazing what people are finding to use as a point of arguement.

Come on folks. We lost. Get over it. Stop with the excuses.

This reminds of some posts after the MN game at which people on Gopher Hole were going nuts over the loss and people on Bisonville were laughing about there actions and decrying there lack of class in losing.
Ok folks look in mirror. Anyone SEE any similarity???? :nod: :blush: PL

HerdBot
11-18-2007, 09:22 PM

Geez, this is a strange thread. Bison fans were at least 6-7,000. Jacks had 9-10,000 fans. Does it really matter? It was a great rivalry game. The only complaint I had about the stadium was the fact that they need more than 2 popcorn stands on the Bison side. THey ran out of hot coffee are you kidding me? And the bathroom situation is pretty bad too.

NDSUFREAK
11-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I cant figure out WHY the Bison attendence is a point of discussion. Is it supposed to make us feel better after we lost the game????

Its amazing what people are finding to use as a point of arguement.

Come on folks. We lost. Get over it. Stop with the excuses.

This reminds of some posts after the MN game at which people on Gopher Hole were going nuts over the loss and people on Bisonville were laughing about there actions and decrying there lack of class in losing.
Ok folks look in mirror. Anyone SEE any similarity???? :nod: :blush: PL
could you maybe think that we are awarding ourselves with bringing better fans to the game in brookings and made it the atmosphere that it was? holy crap, i know we lost. we're talking about our fans and how we were victorious over sdsu's fans. i'm just sayin...maybe you need to settle down about it and copmliment on how our fan base has grown

NDSUFREAK
11-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Geez, this is a strange thread. Bison fans were at least 6-7,000. Jacks had 9-10,000 fans. Does it really matter? It was a great rivalry game. The only complaint I had about the stadium was the fact that they need more than 2 popcorn stands on the Bison side. THey ran out of hot coffee are you kidding me? And the bathroom situation is pretty bad too.
FFD over coughlin anyday.....

56BISON73
11-18-2007, 10:31 PM
could you maybe think that we are awarding ourselves with bringing better fans to the game in brookings and made it the atmosphere that it was? holy crap, i know we lost. we're talking about our fans and how we were victorious over sdsu's fans. i'm just sayin...maybe you need to settle down about it and copmliment on how our fan base has grown

So according to you---
""could you maybe think that we are awarding ourselves"""
Why do you need to do that????

"""with bringing better fans to the game in brookings and made it the atmosphere that it was""""

So you are saying that we have BETTER fans????? And there fans had nothing to do with the atmosphere????

And now we are victorious over SDSUS fans??????

I cant even begin to think along those lines and dont undestand the thought process that you need to acheive those concepts.

Me settle down???? Im not the one making a big deal over my fans are better than your fans. LOL:D PL

Bisonguy
11-18-2007, 10:52 PM
So according to you---

"""with bringing better fans to the game in brookings and made it the atmosphere that it was""""

So you are saying that we have BETTER fans????? And there fans had nothing to do with the atmosphere????

I cant even begin to think along those lines and dont undestand the thought process that you need to acheive those concepts.

Me settle down???? Im not the one making a big deal over my fans are better than your fans. LOL:D PL

Don't forget- our bathrooms are better than their bathrooms, as well. :nod:

Tatanka
11-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Don't forget- our bathrooms are better than their bathrooms, as well. :nod:
There were bathrooms? :uhyeah::blush: :hide: :eeek: :howdy:

:innocent:

Bisonguy
11-18-2007, 10:57 PM

:innocent:

Yes, the large area under the bleachers. :nod:

Tatanka
11-18-2007, 11:00 PM
You mean the area littered with yellow paint chips?

Excellent. For a second there I thought I had perhaps compromised an inappropriate location. :hide: :D

56BISON73
11-18-2007, 11:04 PM
You mean the area littered with yellow paint chips?

Excellent. For a second there I thought I had perhaps compromised an inappropriate location. :hide: :D

:D :D :D :D PL

sambini
11-18-2007, 11:12 PM

:innocent: I thought they were in the trees?

56BISON73
11-18-2007, 11:30 PM
I thought they were in the trees?

So thats wasnt rain????? :D PL

NDSUFREAK
11-18-2007, 11:49 PM
So according to you---

yeah i am. IMO the sdsu fans weren't as loud and into it as the BISON fans. look at tailgating as well. So many more BISON flags in the lot and ready to go

UTH
11-19-2007, 12:36 AM
yeah i am. IMO the sdsu fans weren't as loud and into it as the BISON fans. look at tailgating as well. So many more BISON flags in the lot and ready to go

"So many more?" That sounds like 100 / 0 = ___ to me. How do you compare two quantitative "things" when one does not seem to exist? I do remember seeing a few blue fans walk through the tailgating lot, though. Seemed like nice people. I hope they eventually got to wherever it is that they were going. :D :p :D ;) :D

NDSUFREAK
11-19-2007, 01:08 AM
"So many more?" That sounds like 100 / 0 = ___ to me. How do you compare two quantitative "things" when one does not seem to exist? I do remember seeing a few blue fans walk through the tailgating lot, though. Seemed like nice people. I hope they eventually got to wherever it is that they were going. :D :p :D ;) :D
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: