PDA

View Full Version : Bison fans cheering???

NDSUFan_Sav
11-18-2007, 02:08 AM
Being at the game...I was in the endzone part and if any of you bison fans were too would definitely agree with me that i was cheering my ass off and constantly trying to get people going!!!

But, I only noticed fans going nuts and cheering when things were going good!! Whats that going to do?? When your team is behind and you need a Lets Go Bison chant to fire things up and lift their spirits and show them we're right there with them. I just don't understand where the cheering was today...yeah at times we got real loud...but honestly people in the J K and L section didn't hear much out of you. I mean i have sores on my hands and shit from clapping and trying to get the crowd going, but I realized for 1 guy to do it is hard and harder when people don't join in.

just a thought!!

TheBisonator
11-18-2007, 02:14 AM
I was at the 45 yard line, 2nd row, in the bowels of the most rowdy part of the east sideline. I did my part.:D

NDSUFan_Sav
11-18-2007, 02:48 AM
East side wasn't to bad...but the J K and L section didn't really hear much from them and then when we started let go bison and defense it really didn't spread to much...talked with a couple players and they agreed with me that when they're at a down point and we aren't cheering nothing much happens but when we cheer loud and proud they get that rush and energy to step it up a noch...so just a thought for you bison fans....even if they aren't doing to well step up and get loud for them show them you're with them every second of the game. Yeah we should good attendance but not always being loud and proud!!!

97tegls
11-18-2007, 03:30 AM
East side wasn't to bad...but the J K and L section didn't really hear much from them and then when we started let go bison and defense it really didn't spread to much...talked with a couple players and they agreed with me that when they're at a down point and we aren't cheering nothing much happens but when we cheer loud and proud they get that rush and energy to step it up a noch...so just a thought for you bison fans....even if they aren't doing to well step up and get loud for them show them you're with them every second of the game. Yeah we should good attendance but not always being loud and proud!!!

well for sittin in section L i was one of a few that stood for damn near the whole game... i cheered my ass off and so did a few others behind me... i tried my best to cheer but like you said its hard to have one person yell their heart out at a team who needs us at their back...

jjbballfan
11-18-2007, 03:33 AM
I watched the game and they said that the crowd was fairly even however I hardly ever heard the Bison fans... heard the Rabbit fans all day....

TheBisonator
11-18-2007, 03:34 AM
I watched the game and they said that the crowd was fairly even however I hardly ever heard the Bison fans... heard the Rabbit fans all day....

The feed had the mikes and cameras right on top of the Jacks crowd. We were all the way on the other side of the field and we weren't miked up. That's probably why you heard all SDSU fans.

chuckles
11-18-2007, 03:37 AM
The feed had the mikes and cameras right on top of the Jacks crowd. We were all the way on the other side of the field and we weren't miked up. That's probably why you heard all SDSU fans.
either that or it was all their cowbells! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

UTH
11-18-2007, 03:48 AM
either that or it was all their cowbells! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The GSB had a cowbell. They used it well. Problem is, they still needed more.:D

NDSUFREAK
11-18-2007, 04:12 AM
wait a second......were you the one blowing the horn all the time and signally the first down chant?? because if you were I was the guy with the yellow towel, bandana/hat on with #10 basketball jersey with football jersey underneathe...just wondering

Bison"FANatic"
11-18-2007, 12:53 PM
It was a great game day atmosphere down in Brookings. It was very interesting how when we were sitting in K that you could not hear SDSU's band. Sound does not travel well in that stadium and with the wind out of the east it made it even worse.

As for JK and L not being excited. I disagree I thought it was a great game day atmosphere. We may not have stood on every down but the crowd was into it. This sounds like the same complaints I hear out of people at the Fargodome "People are not cheering enough". Worry about yourself and lead by example but don't degrade people for not cheering enough. Some of us are not going to stand on every down and scream our head off. We are not a student section. Well beyond them years!

It was great game to be at in sections JK and L

MHDBisonfan
11-18-2007, 01:40 PM
It was a great game day atmosphere down in Brookings. It was very interesting how when we were sitting in K that you could not hear SDSU's band. Sound does not travel well in that stadium and with the wind out of the east it made it even worse.

As for JK and L not being excited. I disagree I thought it was a great game day atmosphere. We may not have stood on every down but the crowd was into it. This sounds like the same complaints I hear out of people at the Fargodome "People are not cheering enough". Worry about yourself and lead by example but don't degrade people for not cheering enough. Some of us are not going to stand on every down and scream our head off. We are not a student section. Well beyond them years!

It was great game to be at in sections JK and L

You don't have to be a student to cheer and scream - Me and my buddy were in the first row on the north 20 yard line, cheering like crazy and waving my 1986 Bison flag around like an idiot, and we stood the entire game - every play! And some of us are in that 40+ demographic:) Were you there to cheer or because it was an "event" to go to? I'm not trying to be negative towards Bison fans, I love the way we follow our team, I just don't want Bison football to turn into und hockey - where people go to the games because it is the "hip" social event to go to. I have to agree with the previous post though - I didn't hear a lot of noise from the west side of the field from Bison fans. However, maybe we get spoiled from playing indoors - we are so loud at home and we were so loud at the metrodome, I think we maybe forget about what its like at an open air stadium. That great atmosphere at CAS reminded me a lot of old DF!

Tatanka
11-18-2007, 06:00 PM
I was at the 45 yard line, 2nd row, in the bowels of the most rowdy part of the east sideline. I did my part.:D
Yes, how did you like those premium seats??? ;) Risin' Bison and I had a great time with you there bud!!!

JackJD
11-18-2007, 06:19 PM

A very accurate statement. I was in Section K and all I could think about was how loud the Bison fans were. The Bison band, directly across from us, was great. Sound really travels in straight lines in Coughlin Alumni Stadium. When the new building on the north is finished and eventually, grandstands constructed on the east, it'll be more like a bowl and the sound will change dramatically.

I know you guys are accustomed to the Fargo Dome noise level. (I've been there the last two SDSU games...ears still hurt.) I've been to lots of games at CAS and the Bison crowd was the loudest visiting crowd ever.

jimmyjack
11-18-2007, 06:21 PM
A very accurate statement. I was in Section K and all I could think about was how loud the Bison fans were. The Bison band, directly across from us, was great. Sound really travels in straight lines in Coughlin Alumni Stadium. When the new building on the north is finished and eventually, grandstands constructed on the east, it'll be more like a bowl and the sound will change dramatically.

I know you guys are accustomed to the Fargo Dome noise level. (I've been there the last two SDSU games...ears still hurt.) I've been to lots of games at CAS and the Bison crowd was the loudest visiting crowd ever.

I hope our fans learned something yesterday.